Arizer Solo

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
When I smoked bongs I'd spin my weed with tobacco, so "smoking" was a blanket term. I'd be interested to find out whether or not someone who smoked bud exclusively (in large quantities) would experience those "pesky cilia" effects you've described, fogbank.
Some relevant info, but not necessarily gospel:
http://forums.cannabisculture.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1334665
http://archives.drugabuse.gov/NIDA_Notes/NNVol12N1/Smoking.html
http://www.ukcia.org/research/EffectsOfMarijuanaOnLungAndImmuneDefenses.php
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_marijuana_smoking_kill_cilia

OF

Trust me, you get use to it and if fact prefer it. I know when the draw gets tight I'm usually in for a good cloud.
Give it a few days.

As he so often does, the silly looking guy from the frozen beyond is spot on.....again. For most guys I think it settles in just about right. It's not a machine for heavy hard hitting but it will give very big hits slowly.

And what others have said about quitting smoking getting mixed up with the new experience is also true and important.

As is another aspect I think. Smoking involves lots of nasty junk with the good stuff, and you generally can get as much as you can stand by toking harder. Your mind tends to associate all that with being stoned. It doesn't understand getting the THC without sticking your face in the camp fire.

Give it time for your body to recover and your mind to learn it doesn't need a dose of poison to go with the shot of THC and you too can be amazed at how disgusting it once was...... 3 weeks, 4 tops? No cheating and blazing now......

Another thing, start thinking about what you'll do with all the extra money. Most of us move right up to the top shelf and still see our weed bill drop seriously. Maybe to 1/3 the blazing levels on average (including the increase in hours per week)?

Tasty call on the machine, enjoy it.

OF

I applaud your concerns over safety. IMO a much better plan than ignoring stuff......

However, I'm not sure it's really all that big a risk? There's a lot of junk in the air, notice a strong sunbeam from the shadows? Most pretty harmless of course but out bodies are set up to deal with it. We filter with hairs, have chambers with mucus lined cavities that work like those 'bagless vacuums' to trap debris in the airstream and cilia in out lungs to move junk that makes it in and gets stuck back out.

Some things, like glass shards and rock dust don't respond all that well to this system, some remain and are generally captured and encapsulated in our tissues to be buried with us. Afflictions like Silicosis are cumulative. You get it over dozens of years of breathing rock dust every day, LOTS of rock duse, not a single brief exposure.

I don't mean to dismiss your legitimate concerns. The risk is yours, the decision should be as well. I just suggest researching it a bit might lead to to agree with me that a small bit of glass is little different from the much larger numbers of rock dust particles and the like you've already breathed in and not out.....and the ones sure to come?

After all, the disease is called Silicosis because it comes from breathing silica (Silicon oxides.....like glass) dust generally? And lots of it, incidental time in the mines didn't cause problems.

Regards.

OF

Thanks OF, I was hoping that my concern would get a response from someone like you. I am very aware of how silicosis occurs and was wondering if something like what I experienced was a danger that was above and beyond normal exposure to silica inhalation. As a (very) amateur ceramics artist I am exposed to a fair deal of dust that most likely far outweighs any inhalation from the vaporizer.

Concerning this issue however, isn't there a significant difference between inhaling silica dust in a ceramic studio or rock dust in a mine and forced inhalation from a vaporizer? Is it possible that inhaling ambient silica dust is far different than inhaling silica particles out of vaporizer where all the particles are very focused in the inhaled gases and possibly taken far deeper in the lungs being more serious?

Once again thanks for the response, you and many other good intention-ed people make this the community I love to lurk on, and occasionally post on.

Tom Funk

This was my experience as well. I found a special on another vendor's site offering the Solo + Arizer PA. I mentioned this to Randy and he beat the price immediately. Great service!

I received my Solo a few days ago and have some initial impressions.

Other vapes I own are MFLB, Thermovape T1/Evolution, Pax, and Inhalater XP.

For my first Solo flight I loaded a T1 sized bowl (pretty small) into the stock bent stem, set it on 4, let it heat up, and went to work. The draw was pretty tight, but I worked with it. I felt a little warmth going in, but I did not feel like I was getting much vapor at all. I exhaled into the light and saw a thin but fairly good sized cloud. As I continued to "work it" I still felt like I wasn't getting much vapor, but still managed to exhale some visible clouds (and cough a little). At the end of the session I noted that the effects of the vaped medicine were very strong. Actually stronger than I've felt before from the same medicine that I've been using for a while (in different vapes of course). ABV was brown towards the heater but greener towards the screen holes.

For my second Solo flight I decided to finish vaping the ABV from the first session (stirred). Same basic feeling of "not getting much vapor", but still seeing some clouds.

So the next day I started researching the high efficiency stems, etc...hoping to "feel more vapor" during my session. That night I loaded a stock stem, set it to 5, and got very medicated again. I still didn't feel like I was getting much vapor, but the effects obviously said otherwise.

As I was reading through this thread I came upon a post by another member that described how deceptively cool the vapor was for them. I realized then that with my other vapes, heat had always been a sensory feedback mechanism I used to determine if I was getting vapor when I drew. None of my other vapes use glass, and in all of them my mouth is much closer to the heat source than with the Solo. It really dawned on me then that I was getting good vapor production from the Solo, it was just much cooler than I'm used to. Bonus!

Aside from that I was pleasantly surprised at the odor profile of the Solo. For me it is MUCH less smelly than the Pax or Inhalater XP during use. This is a great vape for "leisurely" sessions where time is not a factor.

How fast does this get you medicated compared to your T1? I guess I'll find out when my Solo finally turns up, but I'm curious none the less.

Speaking of the T1, I put a T1 bowl full into my PVHES (which has been sitting waiting for the Solo for 3 weeks). I had to fairly jam it to get it all in there. Perhaps the stem might vape more evenly with a bit less material. I don't know. Pipes, OF, other T1 and Solo owners, am I barking up the wrong tree?

Cheers
TF

Tom Funk,

Lusi

(I must not be very bright as I do not know how to delete this empty thread????)

Do I need o rings?

You can easely and shipelly buy those rings from a hardware shop, mine are size 11 ( 13.6x19x2.7mm) super snog!! I did find it hard to place the ring dead on in the middle below the solo cap but then I tried with a straight stem in with the ring around and screwed it all together (if this make sense) and once the stem out the ring was left trapped dead on center!!!

Mouthpieces getting too hot

No fear to get your stem hot, it stays super cool, just dont be stupid like me as you take it away from your solo and hold it by the wrong end, ouch it burns, durrrrrr

I have not tried my solo with a bubbler yet but I use my EQ with a bong ALL the time, even when using the balloon, to me it just is so much smoother but mainly the next day my throat is not irretated!!
As regrads to the price of water devices, well, check this thread and you'll be amazed at what out there for people on a budget

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/

As i have notice other people mentionning the place where they bought their solo and did not get told of for it.

Iits my turn:

I bought my SOLO from this super, friendly, helpfull, responsive and most of all with very competitive prices called PUFFITUP, http://www.puffitup.com/category-s/61.htm

Bottom line, a service next to none :rockon:

I might as well buy the orings from Planet V if I'm getting my Solo from them :) If I don't need them its only a few bucks...

The puffitup link you sent has the sasame price as PV on theur sale. They have cheaper accessories and free US shiPping.

I'm glad the mouthpieces don't get hot... huge relief! I'll just buy it with stock. Does one of these attach to the wIth no extras? http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...-glass-ball-diffuser-bong.cfm?iProductID=7914
I might try one of these eventually... it's cheap enough to see how long it to break it. Lol. I don't think hot vapors is why I cough. My volcano bag isn't hot. I'm vaping my freshly cured CannaTsu right now 5% THC 5% CBD. Still coughing, but finally same pain relief! :) Would a bong of some sort help eliminate whatever still makes me cough? Is there one anywhere made of steel that would work on the solo, or anything less fragile? Even hands free with whips is less risky!

No one answered about the adaptor. Is the power adaptor from PV what I need to use the solo while it charges? Pv has both for 180CAD and the solo alone for 160 with free shiPping. Unless anyone knows of cheaper in a Vet Day sale, lmk. If this is the wrong adapter, can someone link me to the right one? I wanna get that order in! :)

olivianewtonjohn

I might as well buy the orings from Planet V if I'm getting my Solo from them :) If I don't need them its only a few bucks...

The puffitup link you sent has the sasame price as PV on theur sale. They have cheaper accessories and free US shiPping.

I'm glad the mouthpieces don't get hot... huge relief! I'll just buy it with stock. Does one of these attach to the wIth no extras? http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...-glass-ball-diffuser-bong.cfm?iProductID=7914
I might try one of these eventually... it's cheap enough to see how long it to break it. Lol. I don't think hot vapors is why I cough. My volcano bag isn't hot. I'm vaping my freshly cured CannaTsu right now 5% THC 5% CBD. Still coughing, but finally same pain relief! :) Would a bong of some sort help eliminate whatever still makes me cough? Is there one anywhere made of steel that would work on the solo, or anything less fragile? Even hands free with whips is less risky!

No one answered about the adaptor. Is the power adaptor from PV what I need to use the solo while it charges? Pv has both for 180CAD and the solo alone for 160 with free shiPping. Unless anyone knows of cheaper in a Vet Day sale, lmk. If this is the wrong adapter, can someone link me to the right one? I wanna get that order in! :)

Im not sure what makes you cough but can tell you my experience. If I go straight to level 5 on the arizer then I will start coughing (too much vapor perhaps), but if I start at 2 or 3 and then keep taking hits until I stop getting vapor then I go up a level; all the way up to level 7. Then keeping a beverage near so if I do cough alittle bit its usually due to throat so I take a swig and my cough instantly goes away. A water pipe helps alot. Alot of people including me like the pinnacle hydrotube. In general in my experience a smaller pipe is better because it provides plenty of cooling while not diluting the flavor.

That piece looks cool but after shipping if its near $70 I think you should give the pinacle a look:

http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.c...-4-mm-Micro-shower-Water-Tool-Attachment.html

You can use the stock stem with some tubing on the top of the stem or taping around the top of the stem to make it make a secure connection with any 14mm piece; 18mm will need a thicker amount of tubing or tape or whatever.

Later on I suggest getting this it fits the solo and makes a nice connection with water pipes (also includes a o-ring:

http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhegong-high-efficiency-gong.html

EDIT: Also when ordering at puffitup you can see if they will price match a power seller on ebay (~$130); they did for me but IDK if its their standard policy; worth a try. Either way I have had great experience with puffitup

Last edited:

natural farmer

Hey guys, I am new to the vaporizing world and I just bought my first vape a couple days ago (the arizer solo) after 7 years of daily heavy combustion. I researched forever on what vaporizer I should get as my first, and I heard so many good things about the solo online and in person so I had to just get it. And here is my take on it.

Now before buying the solo I knew that there was some draw resistance, but I did not know it would be THAT hard. Its like a damn work out trying to hit that thing, not to mention the feeling is pretty heavy on the lungs, not too far off from taking a heavy bong hit and having to hack out a few big coughs to feel normal.

That's really my only problem, other then the fact that it doesn't get me more medicated then smoking would (which I was told it would).

After using the solo for a day and a half, even with the ability of using it inside and not stinking up the place, I really just want to go back to combusting. The solo reminds me of trying to hit a pipe that hasn't been cleaned in months (resistance wise).

That being said, what would be a better replacement? I would want a plug in that I could use that is very very easy to pull on, using the solo almost scares me now.

Welcome to the club mate! As has been mentioned numerous times on this thread but few seem to remember, to improve the flow of the stock Solo stems just stick a slightly (very slightly) domed screen at the bottom of the SS heating chamber! It will raise the stem just enough to give you great airflow but not enough to let too much air come in and cool the load. It will also stop some herb specs from touching the SS and spoil the taste. I also never use an o-ring cause I feel it also restricts the draw! Solo is a great design, they just forget to include the screens imo! lol

These days I tend to bump it to 7 from the beginning and finish my half filled stock stem in 3-5 hits! Great hits and great taste!

Lusi

Try herb high in CBDs. That might be better for you.

I never have touched a drug until the military started me on narcotics 15 years ago, increasing every year. Still I claim to be drug free since I never tried mj until I had a medical card. Don't drink or smoke, but now toke. Lol It is nice to find medical users here. There is a lot of misinfo out there to confuse medical users, but high CBD ratio strains are no joke.

Darn it all if I haven't tried now for 4 years to make it help pain enough to reduce my narcotics. Some strains make even more pain! Today my CBD harvest was ready. CannaTsu, 5% THC 5% CBD My goal is to kill pain and Not get stoned. It looks odd and tastes different, but for the first time I feel a bit of pain relief in my back, l ike it helped the methadone a bit. My tongue is completely numb like the dentist. Lo For me any frickin relief is huge. Mj has eliminated many of my meds, but not pain! If I make this into hash or a tincture for higher CBD concentration... :)

If you are worried about not getting high with high CBD and low THC, don't worry you will. It is just a different kind. BTW, to get the most CBD in vapes, the temp has to go higher.There's a temp chart for CBNs somewhere... I'll find it when I get my solo. :))

I wonder if combustion has a different high with all the CBNs and terpenes getting into your lungs at once... For current solo users, Does starting at the top Solo temp setting give you a different high then turning it up gradually?

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
@ Lusi, I hate hot vape and if I cough it isn't good for my body so what I used to do before I was used to vaping but still do during bad seasons is I extend the air path. I don't enjoy using water so it is rare. I vape in bed and that becomes problematic and also becomes work. I vape for meds and pay no attention when I am vaping as it is just sitting on my chest and I take hits or it is on the bed next to me as I am on my side same difference. We have found that the omi condoms work well to cool the vapor, the chillums you see I think on this page or last in ataxian's photos and there are a few other ways as well. I take short hits that helps and I stay on level three and very rarely go above that. I hope this helps. If you are in the USA and don't want the PV stems then order from puffitup, if in canada order from pv cause that makes your life simple. PV does have the power adapter or you can get pipes or tims or OF's one from jamesco. You have lots of options but first you need to learn the solo as there is a learning curve as you see by the complaint of the hard draw. When I first got the solo I wanted to throw it out the window. I used it a few days and gave up for the moment. It was bad allergy season and the draw was robbing me of the tiny bit of O2 I was able to get to my brain. Ok maybe I don't have a brain but that isn't for this thread. I went back to the solo when I was feeling better and then it broke. I got a new one right away from puffitup with warranty return. I never looked back and it is one of my fav vapes.

olivianewtonjohn

I never have touched a drug until the military started me on narcotics 15 years ago, increasing every year. Still I claim to be drug free since I never tried mj until I had a medical card. Don't drink or smoke, but now toke. Lol It is nice to find medical users here. There is a lot of misinfo out there to confuse medical users, but high CBD ratio strains are no joke.

Darn it all if I haven't tried now for 4 years to make it help pain enough to reduce my narcotics. Some strains make even more pain! Today my CBD harvest was ready. CannaTsu, 5% THC 5% CBD My goal is to kill pain and Not get stoned. It looks odd and tastes different, but for the first time I feel a bit of pain relief in my back, l ike it helped the methadone a bit. My tongue is completely numb like the dentist. Lo For me any frickin relief is huge. Mj has eliminated many of my meds, but not pain! If I make this into hash or a tincture for higher CBD concentration... :)

If you are worried about not getting high with high CBD and low THC, don't worry you will. It is just a different kind. BTW, to get the most CBD in vapes, the temp has to go higher.There's a temp chart for CBNs somewhere... I'll find it when I get my solo. :))

I wonder if combustion has a different high with all the CBNs and terpenes getting into your lungs at once... For current solo users, Does starting at the top Solo temp setting give you a different high then turning it up gradually?
I cant give too much advise for a medical user but the only thing to watch out for if your not trying to get stoned is to go slow with the solo (take a few hits and then see how it hits you). Especially if its your first vape. In my experience for whatever reason (maybe bigger hits with water?) I feel it much faster with water; with the stem it often takes a second to "hit" me. You could overshoot your goal since there isnt as much initial feedback (like there is for combustion). At times I will be loading a second bowl and then notice im gone and just put the solo down lol. Another way you can do it is load only a small amount this will automatically lower your dosage.

Please let us know how it works for you when you get it.

Dreamerr

@Lusi, the chart is in vapopedia and you don't need high temps as things are released throughout the spectrum not at one certain temp. You may get more at a higher temp but then you may get something yu don't like. I am a strickly med user and need low temps cause I want to function. I also pretty much only use sativa's to avoid sleeping all the time and eating as well. I am in a situation that nothing breaks through my pain so I don't worry about that to much but do the best I can to at least be able to deal with it better. I have many other things I need mmj for so that is fine. I got off all those bad drugs long ago. It is very rare I resort to such doc methods to get relief. It happens now and again but I am never happy about it and pay a huge price for it. For me it is a choice which side effects I want more at the time. I normally put up with the pain cause I can take a lot and hate getting sick from the "drugs".

Lusi

Im not sure what makes you cough but can tell you my experience. If I go straight to level 5 on the arizer then I will start coughing (too much vapor perhaps), but if I start at 2 or 3 and then keep taking hits until I stop getting vapor then I go up a level; all the way up to level 7. Then keeping a beverage near so if I do cough alittle bit its usually due to throat so I take a swig and my cough instantly goes away. A water pipe helps alot. Alot of people including me like the pinnacle hydrotube. In general in my experience a smaller pipe is better because it provides plenty of cooling while not diluting the flavor.

That piece looks cool but after shipping if its near $70 I think you should give the pinacle a look:

http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.c...-4-mm-Micro-shower-Water-Tool-Attachment.html

You can use the stock stem with some tubing on the top of the stem or taping around the top of the stem to make it make a secure connection with any 14mm piece; 18mm will need a thicker amount of tubing or tape or whatever.

Later on I suggest getting this it fits the solo and makes a nice connection with water pipes (also includes a o-ring:

http://www.planetvape.ca/pvhegong-high-efficiency-gong.html

EDIT: Also when ordering at puffitup you can see if they will price match a power seller on ebay (~$130); they did for me but IDK if its their standard policy; worth a try. Either way I have had great experience with puffitup

My coughing sounds similar to yours. A lot of it is throat irritation, but I'll still cough after I'm done and had a drink. The more hits I take the worse. :(

I use the volcano like you use the solo, start low and turn up as the vapors thin. The third bag is least coughy. Lol Since I use bags, heat isn't the cause of coughing. I cough less with my hot VG, oddly enough. Do you notice a huge difference in your coughing with you Pinnacle?

The price of the first link you sent isn't bad. Does it sit on top the solo or the other way around? If this is going to shatter if it falls over on a glass table, like my bongs, none of the options are worth it. :(

The second link to the gong.... What exactly is a gong? Is it just an attachment piece of glass tubing for a bong so you csn use the solo with any glass bong, or is there more to it? The photo and description aren't helpful. I guess it is still glass and fragile. :(

I'd pay more than this if it were metal and would last forever in my hands. Another user broke his stem off in the solo... I worry of this too. Bull in china shop! We'll see if the factory stems survive my house first.

Puffitup sounds reasonable if they price match Ebay and accessory prices. Still... do I need that power adapter or what is it I need to use it while charging? ???? I can't order without this info!

Lusi,

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
HELP!

My Solo is down.

I REPEAT: MY SOLO IS DOWN!

After doing some research I guess it's a common problem but I'd like to try to do something about it besides pack it up and ship it back. Currently it's my only vape so I don't know what I'd do if I had to part with it for a while.

It's hard to explain how it started to act up but the way it's behaving now is simpler to explain: It's on the charger at the moment and the 1st 3 lights are blinking simultaneously. When I unplug it all the lights go off except for the blue light which continues to blink very rapidly and extremely faint. I've tried holding down both buttons for 10-20 seconds and that doesn't change anything. The blue light continues to blink no matter what. Should I unscrew the bottom to disconnect then reconnect the battery??
@OF

Hoof Hearted,

Lusi

@Lusi, the chart is in vapopedia and you don't need high temps as things are released throughout the spectrum not at one certain temp. You may get more at a higher temp but then you may get something yu don't like. I am a strickly med user and need low temps cause I want to function. I also pretty much only use sativa's to avoid sleeping all the time and eating as well. I am in a situation that nothing breaks through my pain so I don't worry about that to much but do the best I can to at least be able to deal with it better. I have many other things I need mmj for so that is fine. I got off all those bad drugs long ago. It is very rare I resort to such doc methods to get relief. It happens now and again but I am never happy about it and pay a huge price for it. For me it is a choice which side effects I want more at the time. I normally put up with the pain cause I can take a lot and hate getting sick from the "drugs".

You are very lucky to have ditched the narcotics. I've flushed mine twice and woke up in the hospital once and got suicdal the second. I'm 100% disabled vet. You don't get this way if living without VA care and caregivers were possible. I am delighted enough ti have ditchec all the other meds mj has replaced... but still try for pain relief. Right now I can't eat without MJ. Lost all muscle and 40 pounds and am slowly starving to death with malnutrition. I vape and eat bits and get IV nutrients until it's all over. I actually am more mentally effected by mj than my meds. Scary. At this point it's all about quality of life. I prefer not spend it high. Lots of THC gives me more pain and panic attacks. Sativas in general can increase anxiety and even PTSD symptoms.

You have gotten some misinfo here. Perhaps why MJ is not helping your pain but is helping everything else is because what and how used! The boiling points for all the medicinal properties of MJ are diffetent. There are a hundred or more CBNs and terpenes that do different things. The temp needed to get the #1 pain killing property of MJ, CBD, is 320-360 degrees! THC also kills pain, but the latest medical research says CBD is the most important. Pick up an o'shaughnessy's newsletter at your local dispensary. Sativas have the lowest CBD. Many strains have none! THC gives an active sativa high and CBDs are more stoned couch lock sedatives. Vaporizing at low temps still give lots of CBNs and terpenes that likely has the flavors people love too. Different terpenes act as antibiotics and all sorts of things wouldn't think of. Facinating plant.

Here are the temps for the top 3 medicinal mj properties. The whole chart in my Rosenthall book is overwhelming, but a must for medicinal knowledge. Someone better with computers might know online versions...

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point:157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

I guess this all means that you will get different effects from different settings and different strains. :)

Just buy the Solo from Puff @ 160 then buy an @Pipes AIO+ stand/pa. Problem solved.

Do I need the power adapter? Is this what is needed to use and charge???

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

llamaman001

I just dont understand how people dont blow clouds with their solos? for high quality I set mine to 3, let it sit on 3 for about 30 seconds to 1 min, then take a nice long drag...NEVER get vapor on the first drag, just awesome taste. Once Im on to the second drag I keep getting bigger and bigger clouds. Ill take 3 or 4 drags, then bump it up 5, take about 5 drags, then bump it up to 7 and take 3 drags. Each time Im producing really big clouds. When I vape mexi brick with my SOLO I just use 1+ on the heating gauge for number, but am still able to form massive clouds.

take for example: I recently went to watch gravity (great movie) around the 11:30AM showtime during the week thinking no one would be there, well there were a few people in the middle and lower section so of course I sat at the top by myself. Now Im not sure who here has vaped in a theater but if you like to see your vapor that projector will show EVERY drop. I was a little over amused by how well i could see my vapor hits so of course I over indulged. At level 5 I blew out a MASSIVE cloud up towards the center, top part of the theater. Literally a CLOUD of vapor traveled up and over the other people watching the movie and they instantly turned around....I sank into my seat, they turned back around. Worried that they would eventually catch on I went to the bottom of the theater by the door, where they have those long hallways illuminated by those super bright lights. It was an intense scene during the movie so I had no fear that the other 10 or so people would remain in their seats and I was able to watch from the bottom corner. So I turned that bad boy up to 7. I vape smogged that entire hallway with clouds. If someone would have saw the outcome while I was exhaling those clouds they would have thought there was a fire there was so much vape, no joke. LOVE LOVE LOVE my SOLO.

Im not sure exactly how you all drag on yours but this is how I do it. I used to smoke joints all the time and when it got down to the roach I no longer put my mouth on the joint, I just let it sit RIGHT in front of my mouth and would inhale...Well I take that same idea and apply it to the SOLO except I treat it like one of those insanely TIGHT joints that you cant hit worth a shit and it works perfect for me, get huge clouds and my lungs dont hurt from being over worked after haha.

Dreamerr

All very true but people all make the same mistake. We are humans and things we take react differently in each person. I am helped with sativa's for both ptsd and panic attacks go figure opposite of what it should do. I won't waste this threads time as this discussion doesn't belong here but just like docs tell you shit things aren't absolutes as docs and now mj people will have you believe. You are correct in your general info from research but it is not a one size fits all by no means and not even close IMO.

Enjoy your solo, experiment and find what works well for you cause that is all that matters.

You don't NEED a power adapter it is just recommended. The solo is a portable that comes with a charger. If you want to use the solo plugged in at home you might consider a power adapter. Some of us are plugged most of the time like me.

OF

Thanks OF, I was hoping that my concern would get a response from someone like you.

Concerning this issue however, isn't there a significant difference between inhaling silica dust in a ceramic studio or rock dust in a mine and forced inhalation from a vaporizer?

You're welcome. Sorry a couple of random thoughts from a guy like me are what you're going to have to settle for, but consider the cheap price of the advice.....

My understanding is there's debris and then there's debris. The stuff with sharp edges (like glass shards or rock dust high in quartz and similar rock is much more likely to get trapped rather than expelled. Where exactly that is is not critical, in fact higher up is the most dangerous since it blocks flow more quickly and effectively. Loosing capacity in a little used lobe is not so important.

The key is it's cumulative. It takes a lot over time to do you in. Incidental work in mine (a few hours some days) was not a problem, it's the guys eating rock dust 40 hours a week or 20 years that got 'black lung'. It takes a lot of scar tissue, that which normally forms in folks through life is not an issue. It wasn't until we started using power rock drills that the problem came up, the much lower levels (but still there) from hand drilling days were never a problem. Once we started getting good about washing rock faces and spraying water on all over to keep the dust down it got under control again.

You didn't ask, but if it were mine I think I'd blow it out as best I could and use it. IMO the risk of sucking even a few hidden particles is small indeed and the risk from a small number is likewise small should they be there (not a given) and manage to make it through the herb, into the air stream and past the sticky stuff to you.

It still remains your call, if you're not comfortable with it you may feel $160 is cheap for peace of mind?

No one answered about the adaptor. Is the power adaptor from PV what I need to use the solo while it charges?

No, there is no accessory that charges and powers the Solo at the same time. The voltages for each are different. Charging needs more than 11 Volts, running 'PA' (Power Adapter) mode needs 7 to 9. Voltages between 9 and 11 (as well as under 7) do noting useful. So to run and charge you'd need a voltage less than 9 Volts, but more than 11.

BTW, the currents are also quite different. A little under an Amp to charge, but at least 2.5 to run PA. This is why the factory PA is bigger and more expensive than the charger (which also has a higher production volume in it's favor).

Just buy the Solo from Puff @ 160 then buy an @Pipes AIO+ stand/pa. Problem solved.

No, not true, bad advice.

For the reason above the Pipes kit (or the electrically similar one from Tim) will not charge and run PA at the same time any more than the factory offerings do. It's just not possible. One or the other. Because of the way the processor is used (to control charging) you can't even run on battery as it charges like you can with your cell phone or laptop. Charge or PA, but one at a time.

OF

Tom Funk

There are conflicting temp charts for CBD. I the lower one is correct at a boiling point of about 185degC. Further to that, Cannabinoids are released in significant amounts at temps lower than their boiling points. High temps are not needed to release CBD.

Cheers
TF

OF

It's on the charger at the moment and the 1st 3 lights are blinking simultaneously. When I unplug it all the lights go off except for the blue light which continues to blink very rapidly and extremely faint. I've tried holding down both buttons for 10-20 seconds and that doesn't change anything. The blue light continues to blink no matter what. Should I unscrew the bottom to disconnect then reconnect the battery??
@OF

Sounds like another charger issue from here, I doubt a processor reset will help. I assume you've run the battery completely down and can't verify it runs normally on battery power?

Do I need the power adapter? Is this what is needed to use and charge???

I'm sorry, but as I just explained, this mode (charging and running at the same time) is not allowed by both the voltage issue as well as the programming.

One function at a time, please......

OF

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
I assume you've run the battery completely down and can't verify it runs normally on battery power?

I don't think I ran the battery completely down. This all started when I think I had about 2 lights of battery power left. I doubt it matters but I was using it pretty heavily tonight and was charging it for about 10 minutes at a time between sessions.

So I shouldn't try to reset it? Is there anything I can do right now?

Hoof Hearted,
Reactions: Snappo
Top Bottom