Arizer Solo

chaseGdaBarber

:|Waiting for this solo is the worst I find myself looking out of the window every ten minutes guess ill just have to deal with the launch box for now.. What are the differences between the solo an mflb for vapor production and quality?

chaseGdaBarber,
Reactions: thesoloman

530rasta

Something's wrong with your test. Take a look at the top, there are lots of holes there much closer to the action. And a gap around the stem contributing (unless you have an o-ring fitted?). That's where the air gets into the top section for the most part (actually more often it's warm air from below getting out as best I can read 'the incense test').

I suggest you try again. I messed with this a lot early on, blocking holes with tape and all, and decided some of the air comes down next to the stem, the rest through the holes in the cover and into the heater through the bottom of it where the wires enter.

I really wouldn't worry about the electronics or battery (they're all sealed...) and the furnace cement is awfully stable but that's your call. If you'd rather have a Cloud, I say go for it......but not because you fear air from the electronics section?

Regards.

OF

Thanks OF for the words. Your input does mean a lot as even though my member date is new , ive actually been a part of this site for many years, long before the redo of the site ect, back when it seemed there wasnt too many members here and vape pens hadnt even hit the market ....and it seems youve had a knack for seeing the reality in peoples posts and pointing it out in a way that shows some light but also isnt degrading to the user.

I was reading someones post about the glue under the bowl of the SOLO and got all paranoid and decided Id roll a few joints for the day and give the solo a break, haha well after posting what i was thinking and then giving it more thought, i realized that you are right about the airflow as it does seem to not come up from the bottom as i thought and even if it did it still isnt hot air until it goes into your lungs.

I still ordered a cloud evo though fwiw...

But im still solo'ing

rekrab

:|Waiting for this solo is the worst I find myself looking out of the window every ten minutes guess ill just have to deal with the launch box for now.. What are the differences between the solo an mflb for vapor production and quality?

Hey man I feel ya. im waiting for mine to arrive as well, should be here today or tomorrow but the wait is tough. especially once you fully purchase it and then just scour the net endlessly watching vids and reviews on it. I got some finger hash and rub from my scissors that I want to vape so bad. all I need is that beautiful solo to be in my hands

rekrab,

Mitch

I have one and I love it I'd say I use it 90%of the time
I have it paired with a pvhes gong.
Vapour blunt also sells a hydrotube you can pair with the solo
I think it's cheaper, effects are similar from what I've read so far
Do you have a link to the vapor blunt one? I can't seem to find it. The closest thing I can find is this one - is this what you were talking about? http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.com/14-4-mm-Micro-shower-Water-Tool-Attachment.html

Very similar to a PNWT however I wish they offered a 18mm GonG fitting for the attachment end and a Female 18mm coupler for the mouth piece.

Many like it the way it is.

I'm nik picking of course.
What's the PNWT?

Edit: Nvm, I got it. Found a very helpful thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporblunt-14-4-mm-micro-shower-pnwt-vs-planetvape-f-bomb.11056/

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitch,
Reactions: GSH

king krish

Do you have a link to the vapor blunt one? I can't seem to find it. The closest thing I can find is this one - is this what you were talking about? http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.com/14-4-mm-Micro-shower-Water-Tool-Attachment.html

What's the PNWT?

Edit: Nvm, I got it. Found a very helpful thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporblunt-14-4-mm-micro-shower-pnwt-vs-planetvape-f-bomb.11056/

That is the 1 people have been refering to as PNWT (Pinnacle Water Tank) apparently the price is gonna drop down, if yu want to wait. Also there is a glossary of acronyms, there is a link at the top of the page. www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Glossary

king krish,
Reactions: ataxian

LazyIdol

Hey guys, sorry for posting this but I remember reading about people having some issues with the M1C1 solos. I just got my girlfriends solo from the most recent massdrop and when I turn it on it "heats" up to temp 7 in under a min. As mine (M1A1) takes around 1-2 min to reach this temp i seriously doubt its functioning properly. Is anyone else having this issue with the newer solos?

Caligula

Maximus
Hey guys, sorry for posting this but I remember reading about people having some issues with the M1C1 solos. I just got my girlfriends solo from the most recent massdrop and when I turn it on it "heats" up to temp 7 in under a min. As mine (M1A1) takes around 1-2 min to reach this temp i seriously doubt its functioning properly. Is anyone else having this issue with the newer solos?

I do remember reading a post someone put up about that, yes. Even used a laser thermometer to read the bowl temp. It was way off IIRC. Arizer replied by stating a laser thermometer isnt good for measuring temp in the bowl(?) and that the heat-up time was "normal". IDK if that ever got resolved.

Caligula,
Reactions: LazyIdol

LazyIdol

I do remember reading a post someone put up about that, yes. Even used a laser thermometer to read the bowl temp. It was way off IIRC.
Well shit, I was REALLY hoping that this wouldnt be the case. After waiting a month for the unit to even arrive it really angers me that I was shipped a disfunctional unit. Hopefully massdrop is good about warranty at least

LazyIdol,

Caligula

Maximus
Well shit, I was REALLY hoping that this wouldnt be the case. After waiting a month for the unit to even arrive it really angers me that I was shipped a disfunctional unit. Hopefully massdrop is good about warranty at least

Yea, Im on a phone so its not easy for me but you may want to search this thread for that conversation. Sorry I cant help with a user name. It was within the past month though.

edit:

Arizer Solo

@LazyIdol @Seren

Last edited:

LazyIdol

ahh it appears Im having the same issue @Seren and @GSH had. Im going to try running the battery dead to see if that fixes it but I have already emailed Massdrop regarding this issue. Hopefully they will be able to fix it for me so I dont have to deal with international shipping 2 ways. Thanks for the help @Caligula

LazyIdol,

GSH

On a Möbius plane
ahh it appears Im having the same issue @Seren and @GSH had. Im going to try running the battery dead to see if that fixes it but I have already emailed Massdrop regarding this issue. Hopefully they will be able to fix it for me so I dont have to deal with international shipping 2 ways. Thanks for the help @Caligula
Yes that's my second unit, after my first one won't charge up! My first one (M1A1) was fine until it stopped charging one day. I have to send that one in for repair, but in the meantime bought a replacement. That's the M1C1 and it "heats" up like yours...in under thirty seconds. I am sending that one back tomorrow to the ebay seller for a replacement.

However I am impatient and stupid with money, so I bought another one which should arrive tomorrow. Lets hope that works and I can get some Solo vaping action in. I miss my Solo. Providing it works, when the replacement for my second unit comes through I will probably sell it onto a friend who I am trying to convert.

The Solos are picky things with voltage etc, and I think a voltage mismatch from an aftermarket PA i used may have killed my first one.

However the M1C1 units seem to be riddled with issues...and it seems that these are the units most vendors are stocking at the moment, so I guess it is just hit and miss as to whether you get a working one?!

GSH,

Notaek

all this talk about the current solo models being faulty makes me nervous about my recent purchase off Planet Vape... :ugh:

Notaek,
Reactions: mvapes

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
all this talk about the current solo models being faulty makes me nervous about my recent purchase off Planet Vape... :ugh:
I might have agreed with this comment until you mentioned Planet Vape. I wouldn't worry if I were you. PV has a good reputation for making their customers happy. Unlike some fly by night ebay seller, for example.

:peace:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
That is the 1 people have been refering to as PNWT (Pinnacle Water Tank) apparently the price is gonna drop down, if yu want to wait. Also there is a glossary of acronyms, there is a link at the top of the page. www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Glossary

PNWT is actually the Pinnacle Water Tool. And the link you shared is great although it doesn't list the PNWT yet. :tup:

And as far as the comparison to the MFLB earlier asked - the answer would be EVERYTHING! Not even in the same category aside from the fact they are both vaporizers. :D

Butnie

Just got my Solo in the mail and the model is M1A10043...

Is this a current model or is it the 104 model?

Butnie,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Just got my Solo in the mail and the model is M1A10043...

Is this a current model or is it the 104 model?
That is from a recent batch. They are all basically the same model. You're good. ;)

Stu,

Butnie

That is from a recent batch. They are all basically the same model. You're good. ;)

Thanks man. I was so confused because of the 1004 after haha. I was like....do I have the ceramic top!!

Looks like I know what I'm doing tonight.

Butnie,
Quick question for anyone with an opinion on a problem I ran into. My gOg stem broke while inside my solo and while removing the broken glass I am worried some tiny glass particles got stuck into the various crevices in the oven. I already have ordered a new solo because I am not comfortable with using it frequently right now. I always filter through my bong but glass particles and lungs can be a little frightening. So soon I will have two solos, but one will be of dubious quality due to the possibility of broken glass shards around the oven area.

Is there any way to really clean my oven so I can be fairly positive I have gotten rid of any glass that resulted from the broken stem? Will it ever be a good idea to use it in the future? If anyone could help me think through this problem I will send good vibes. Thanks.

Icculus Forbin,

phyber_optix

I pre-ordered the vapexhale evo and realized it was going to take a while to get here. I used to have an mflb but couldn't get used to it, so I gave it to my brother. Well I decided I couldn't wait the next month or so without a vape and decided to go ahead and order a solo as well. I figure it will be nice to have a portable as well anyway. My question is are there any accessories that you guys feel are essential? Also I'm getting the ssfg hydraline with my vapexhale, will it work with the solo too?

phyber_optix,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
If you want to use your Solo with the HidraLine, I would recommend getting this.

Enjoy!

Stu,
Top Bottom