Arizer Solo

Will B. Good

Vapesperado
I just received my arizer solo today and it is already broken. I only turned it on for two cycles at 7, like it is recommended before the first use. I also checked the adapter and it was charging fine. But then after the 2nd cycle it started giving me the typical problem with the beeping and the LED's for the first three numbers turning on and it doesn't charge either. I'm sure you guys know of it, sorry I haven't searched the thread but I just wanted to let the community know if anybody cares.

Will B. Good,

OF

I just received my arizer solo today and it is already broken. I only turned it on for two cycles at 7, like it is recommended before the first use. I also checked the adapter and it was charging fine. But then after the 2nd cycle it started giving me the typical problem with the beeping and the LED's for the first three numbers turning on and it doesn't charge either. I'm sure you guys know of it, sorry I haven't searched the thread but I just wanted to let the community know if anybody cares.

We do care, sorry you're having troubles.

Normally I'd say it's the common charger problem, but if it died in two cycles you have serious battery problems I'm afraid.

You did fully charge it first, right?

OF

Will B. Good

Vapesperado
We do care, sorry you're having troubles.

Normally I'd say it's the common charger problem, but if it died in two cycles you have serious battery problems I'm afraid.

You did fully charge it first, right?

OF
No, I did not. Would you care to explain why that is needed? I would also like to note that that is not stated anywhere in the instructions that came with it.

Will B. Good,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Welcome @Will B. Good
Charge your solo fully as I think the battery being bad, sorry OF, is premature.
When you are done come back and let us know what is going on.
Also you need to do your burn ins to burn off factory oil. The description of all of this is in the last few pages so while charging just read from here backwards.

OF

No, I did not. Would you care to explain why that is needed? I would also like to note that that is not stated anywhere in the instructions that came with it.

It keeps the battery from being exhausted in a couple of runs (like it is now) and can improve your battery life in most cases. Since you'd evidently read enough around here to know to do a couple of burn off runs on the new unit, I assumed you'd also picked up the advice to fully charge before using that accompanies it....yeah, I know.....

Normally you should get maybe 8 full sessions on a charge? Without ever coming near lock out. It couldn't have had much when you started.

So what I'm thinking happened is you didn't 'equalize' the charge on the pack (by fully charging first) so the weaker of the two batteries got clobbered by the stronger one before the protection circuit could lock it up (because the total was still more or less OK?). They can get unbalanced over time (can't we all?), we don't know how long since they were fully charged (or indeed if they ever were).

Now, it seems to be giving the classic symptom of a low output charger (a number of guys have had this flashing light show), however you report it charged normally before. The last one I tested did the flashing lights (and beeps) when the charger dropped below 10.1 Volts. The unit doesn't charge under those conditions near as I can tell. The best advice I can offer is to try charging it anyway. Try other outlets, some guys have reported problems with one socket and not another (plug strips around computers being worst offenders?). You need to get it charging again and then fully charge it before you press on IMO.

Welcome @Will B. Good
Charge your solo fully as I think the battery being bad, sorry OF, is premature.
When you are done come back and let us know what is going on.

Could be, but I don't think so, based on the input given anyway. Wouldn't be the first time I've been accused of being premature of course....... The battery is in trouble, but it could be because it's been run into the dirt. FWIW I agree it needs charging, the question is can he still do that? The charger did work at first but not now....and the battery getting discharged to lock out is what's changed. I fear one of the two batteries is still just fine while the other is toes up.

OF

tomshreds

HELP EVERYBODY!!! My 3 weeks old Solo just shutdown making a long beep and now the blue idle light is blinking.

I looked up online and I saw a few "unplug the battery for a minute and put it back" so I took my courage and disassembled the bottom of it to unplug the battery.

Once I plugged it back, the light started flashing again. It does the same once plugged, whenever I try to start it up it beeps like before, shows the 7th light and then does another smaller beep and then goes back to idle light blinking.

What is happening? I hope it's not broken, what should I do?

tomshreds,

tomshreds

How much battery was left at the start of the last session?

OF
I don't know if it was me being high but first I started it up it was almost with no battery left so I thought I'll plug it but then I mistakenly pressed the buttons while bringing it to its charger and it was showing full.

That confused me a bit, so I'd say it was almost empty.

tomshreds,

Dreamerr

It keeps the battery from being exhausted in a couple of runs (like it is now) and can improve your battery life in most cases. Since you'd evidently read enough around here to know to do a couple of burn off runs on the new unit, I assumed you'd also picked up the advice to fully charge before using that accompanies it....yeah, I know.....

Normally you should get maybe 8 full sessions on a charge? Without ever coming near lock out. It couldn't have had much when you started.

So what I'm thinking happened is you didn't 'equalize' the charge on the pack (by fully charging first) so the weaker of the two batteries got clobbered by the stronger one before the protection circuit could lock it up (because the total was still more or less OK?). They can get unbalanced over time (can't we all?), we don't know how long since they were fully charged (or indeed if they ever were).

Now, it seems to be giving the classic symptom of a low output charger (a number of guys have had this flashing light show), however you report it charged normally before. The last one I tested did the flashing lights (and beeps) when the charger dropped below 10.1 Volts. The unit doesn't charge under those conditions near as I can tell. The best advice I can offer is to try charging it anyway. Try other outlets, some guys have reported problems with one socket and not another (plug strips around computers being worst offenders?). You need to get it charging again and then fully charge it before you press on IMO.

Could be, but I don't think so, based on the input given anyway. Wouldn't be the first time I've been accused of being premature of course....... The battery is in trouble, but it could be because it's been run into the dirt. FWIW I agree it needs charging, the question is can he still do that? The charger did work at first but not now....and the battery getting discharged to lock out is what's changed. I fear one of the two batteries is still just fine while the other is toes up.

OF

I think you missed the part where he is getting the light show. He said the 1, 2 and 3 lights are blinking. Quote "with the beeping and the LED's for the first three numbers turning on and it doesn't charge either"

That was why I thought it was premature. I do think like you it might be one of the cells but I don't think we have a clear picture or enough information to determine or advise just yet. I prefer to be right this time only for the fact is it will make his life easier.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

OF

I don't know if it was me being high but first I started it up it was almost with no battery left so I thought I'll plug it but then I mistakenly pressed the buttons while bringing it to its charger and it was showing full.

That confused me a bit, so I'd say it was almost empty.

If it was 'almost empty' meaning no red LEDs that could be the problem. I've never pushed the bottom end (valuing the battery) enough to know for sure what to expect, but what you report is at least reasonable.

When I get some time, I'll take mine apart and see if I can simulate this failure on a couple power supplies.

I think you missed the part where he is getting the light show. He said the 1, 2 and 3 lights are blinking. Quote "with the beeping and the LED's for the first three numbers turning on and it doesn't charge either"

That was why I thought it was premature. I do think like you it might be one of the cells but I don't think we have a clear picture or enough information to determine or advise just yet. I prefer to be right this time only for the fact is it will make his life easier.

The notes I have here say the light show with beeps happens above PA but under charge voltages. Lights without beep happen when under minimum PA voltages.

By all means if you think you can sort it out for the fellow, do so. I'm out of useful ideas past 'you've got to get it charged to do anything more'. IMO we're caught with a too dead battery and not able to charge for whatever reason.....however the charger worked before????

OF

Mrmrmrmr

Tommy- hold both buttons for 10 seconds at least I've had the same problem and this has fixed it every time . Also try unplugging and plugging the charger cable back in

Dreamerr

We have seen failed chargers after it worked you are the one that figured that out. I think you are more then likely correct but I don't want you to be is all cause it will be easier if you aren't for the guy :D.

Tom you read some of this thread I know that so what posed you to let your battery run down like that:whip:

Dreamerr,

tomshreds

Tommy- hold both buttons for 10 seconds at least I've had the same problem and this has fixed it every time . Also try unplugging and plugging the charger cable back in

I did it, hold 10 sec unplugged, 10 sec plugged, etc. But it didn't worked :( Thanks anyway

Something weird I noticed, when it beeps if I unplug the charger the beep frequency changes (it goes from high pitch to a little less high pitch).

To be quite honest my battery was fully charged like 2 usages ago, I found it very strange to see it only on 1/7 when I started it up again. I always try to not drain batteries from my gadgets :(

Thanks everybody

tomshreds,

Will B. Good

Vapesperado
I have already tried this and pretty much all the tricks I could find... I tried guys, I really did. I already set a case for return and I'm waiting for a reply from the vendor. Here's some more info. for you. It is two videos, the first one shows how it started acting up on me. The second video was taken 4 hours after the first video. (Also, you may have a little peek of my woodeez there ;) )
If you watch carefully, you can see it acts differently. Now it doesn't beep when it is connected, but it does blink. Maybe I disabled the beeping when I was messing with the buttons earlier. I got to say, I did not think that this little tank was going to have such sensible issues, specially at it's price. The reviews never spoke of this and I think it's strange when this seems like such a common problem.

Last edited:
Will B. Good,
Reactions: ataxian

tomshreds

I have already tried this and pretty much all the tricks I could find... I tried guys, I really did. I already set a case for return and I'm waiting for a reply from the vendor. Here's some more info. for you. It is two videos, the first one shows how it started acting up on me. The second video was taken 4 hours after the first video. (Also, you may have a little peek of my woodeez there ;) )
If you watch carefully, you can see it acts differently. Now it doesn't beep when it is connected, but it does blink. Maybe I disabled the beeping when I was messing with the buttons earlier. I got to say, I did not think that this little tank was going to have such sensible issues, specially at it's price. The reviews never spoke of this and I think it's strange when this seems like such a common problem.

Thanks for the videos, I have the EXACT SAME ISSUE. When did you got it? I got it 2-3 weeks ago.

Mine is acting differently at times, like sometimes the blue light stays on for more than a second, then it starts flashing back again.

The weird thing is, yours is flashing all lights randomly which is different for me. I'm starting to regret my purchase, I thought I was buying something proven. I cancelled my Ascent because I thought the Solo would be more stable. Meh.

tomshreds,
Got my solo yesterday and my PNWT get delivered tomorrow. Unfortunately Planet Vape is out of stock of GonGs. Anyone have an idea how how fast supply gets restocked there? You know, from a historical perspective.

dionysos911,

Dreamerr

My first one did that. I was never told what was wrong with it but unlike you it just kept beeping and it couldn't be turned off if plugged in. We will never know if OF or I am right until you try everything and then hopefully when you send it it they will tell you.

@OF can this be a discharged unit because the charger plug failed as a lot of others have?

Dreamerr,

Razor

There are the same one
Per discussion of vapor cooling -
Saturn Vapor Tamer! http://lifesabervaporizer.com/index.php/glass/vapor-cooling.html

"The inside tubing is approximately 20" long, and the diameter is even larger than our Fatty Vapor Tamer! This one has more glycerin, which in turn holds the coolness even longer. Place the vapor tamer in the freezer for at least a few hours, if not longer, and when not in use. When ready to vaporize, connect the Vapor tamer for the perfect, ice-cold vaporizer experience".
2dqn0oh.jpg

http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/weed-star-liquid-freezer-spiral-perc-precooler.html#.Ul9SKHUo7b1

That place has them for 30 bucks. They also have the ones that are from your pic.

OF

@OF can this be a discharged unit because the charger plug failed as a lot of others have?

Anything's possible I guess, but I strongly doubt it's a charger (although it'd be the first thing I'd try after measuring the current one....), it 'seemed to work fine' at one point, right? The problem came up when trying to use the unit, not charge it. I can't see how a charger could cause it.

Like I said, perhaps simulating a discharged battery and then feeding it different charging voltages can reproduce the condition, but thus far it's not ringing a bell for me.

It would be very helpful, of course, to have a DMM, second charger or better still a PA, but that we don't got (sorry for using another technical term on you...).

OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
There are the same one

http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/weed-star-liquid-freezer-spiral-perc-precooler.html#.Ul9SKHUo7b1

That place has them for 30 bucks. They also have the ones that are from your pic.
Now that is cool. Had to get one. Found a discount code to save a couple bucks to boot.
Code: bkwrd46hd for 5% off.
Thanks Razer. Had a looksee when Snappo posted but thought a little dear.
I can live with $50 as was thinking a J hook for adding some distance to the gong.
This will do for both uses.

Razor

Now that is cool. Had to get one. Found a discount code to save a couple bucks to boot.
Code: bkwrd46hd for 5% off.
Thanks Razer. Had a looksee when Snappo posted but thought a little dear.
I can live with $50 as was thinking a J hook for adding some distance to the gong.
This will do for both uses.

Anytime. Saw the pic and knew I saw them somewhere before. 90 bucks is just crazy imo. I still kick myself every time I buy a new STAX perc.

Razor,
Reactions: Pipes

d0u8l3m

Hey guys, brand new here, to the site and vaping in general. Ive never smoked before but my friend got me into vaping =D so i figured instead of posting with questions id give you a trick i did (maybe people already know it)

Anyways I ordered a solo today because thats what my friend has and it works pretty well. But the loose stem always annoyed me.

I came up with a solution, that my paintball gun inspired me with haha.

If you take a 14mm o-ring or one that fits snug and put it on the bowl end of the stem, and then unscrew the metal top. You can then place the stem into the chamber and put the metal cap back over it and screw it back on like you normally would.

The pressure of the cap is pressed on the oring and holds the stem nice and tight no matter what. Dont worry the oring wont melt because its mostly touching against the plastic on the inside. We tried this a few times and its worked well so far.

I know it makes it more of a bit of a hassle to use the vape, but i think its worth it my buddy show me a burn he got one time when one of his stems fell out because it was loose, not fun.

Top Bottom