Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Again it will be trial and error...You can just put a nug in if you are lazy and it will work. I like the grind of the scs for the solo. Personally I wouldn't go fine. I pack my bowls now but when I got it if you read this thread I wanted to throw it out of the window. So I would say while your retention ring is so tight I would pack loosely.

Yes oils and wax gets seven but you can't put it in straight. You have to use cotton or sandwich. I would also suggest using it upside down for safety.

TommydCat

You like shatter? ;)

I use just a bit of that cotton I got with my Bender kit, put a bit in the middle, squishy it up a bit to spread out the shatter (warms up to the heat of you fingers and becomes malleable). It takes a bit to warm up to 7 and start producing, but it comes out pretty tasty! It also eats battery way fast ;)

TommydCat,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I never used shatter period but I have wax and wouldn't put that in either. Cotton for reclaim and kief sandwich but I don't bother with that either.

Hey cal you got the solo for flower as you already were an oil/shatter person. Why are you trying to make the solo into your other vapes...just saying...:nod:

Last edited:
Dreamerr,
Reactions: Caligula

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You like shatter? ;)

I use just a bit of that cotton I got with my Bender kit, put a bit in the middle, squishy it up a bit to spread out the shatter (warms up to the heat of you fingers and becomes malleable). It takes a bit to warm up to 7 and start producing, but it comes out pretty tasty! It also eats battery way fast ;)
I could use a PA!

SHATTER I LOVE!

My HERCULES SR71 is what I use with no problems.

I need to try SHATTER in the SOLO?

poonman

me too ,
@ataxian
You can do shatter like wax/oil , in a herb sandwich .
with shatter you can put a piece in the herbs and it will melt and soak into the weed .
It offers Extra full flavor hits .

poonman,

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
I'm really diggin the PNWT. I actually like the fact that I lose some taste when using it because vaping a bowl all the way through doesn't taste that great anyways.

It would usually take me more than 1 cycle to finish a bowl and sometimes feel like a chore to finish it.
I mostly run at level 6 with my PNWT compared to levels 3-5 w/stock stems.
Now I get more vapor per hit, the taste towards the end is much more tolerable, and one cycle is all I need.

I love the design of this "water tool" and can't wait for my larger version of it (circ swagger).
Portability hasn't been an issue for me with the PNWT. I take it everywhere! So small, and so damn cool.

Not gonna lie I was falling out of love with my solo using the stock stems. I'll never go back to that old setup. These solo accessories really enhance the device. They're well worth the money.

Tweek

I'm really diggin the PNWT. I actually like the fact that I lose some taste when using it because vaping a bowl all the way through doesn't taste that great anyways.

It would usually take me more than 1 cycle to finish a bowl and sometimes it would feel like a chore to finish it.
I mostly run at level 6 with my PNWT compared to levels 3-5 w/stock stems.
Now I get more vapor per hit, the taste towards the end is much more tolerable, and one cycle is all I need.

I love the design of this "water tool" and can't wait for my larger version of it (circ swagger).
Portability hasn't been an issue for me with the PNWT. I take it everywhere! So small, and so damn cool.

Not gonna lie I was falling out of love with my solo using the stock stems. I'll never go back to that old setup. These solo accessories really enhance the device. They're well worth the money.

If you are losing taste, just add a drop of liquid ass :D

Caligula

Maximus
I never used shatter period but I have wax and wouldn't put that in either. Cotton for reclaim and kief sandwich but I don't bother with that either.

Hey cal you got the solo for flower as you already where an oil/shatter person. Why are you trying to make the solo into your other vapes...just saying...:nod:
Just like a woman to try and use common sense to sway me, lol

... but seriously, I blew the top to my Persei, remember? Hence no concentrate rig for me until warranty replacements arrive next week.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
me too ,
@ataxian
You can do shatter like wax/oil , in a herb sandwich .
with shatter you can put a piece in the herbs and it will melt and soak into the weed .
It offers Extra full flavor hits .
I like pure flowers in devices made for them!
PURE SHATTER in a device made for it!

Don't get me wrong?
I love the SOLO for flowers.

Wax?

poonman

Don't get me wrong?

Wax?

wax = budder
I wouldn't try straight shatter or budder/wax or oils in the Solo .

I got hooked on the ' double deckers ' from trying out the Sublimator .
Hence , is why I'm making my own qwiso , as we spoke about in our PM .
I really like tasting herbs/oils in one single hit , plus the added potency , woohoo .
I can tell the diff . between hitting straight herbs .

But I agree , I want a vape for strictly concentrates too .

TommydCat

Don't get me wrong?

Wax?
I think you got the idea! :)

Oil in the Solo needs some help, but it's not much. It needs a carrier to keep it from goobering all over, like the coils in the SR71, oil buckets in other vapes, or something.

Something could also be flower, similar to the SR71 style, or it could be cotton (my suggestion to keep the taste "pure" and popcorn-free), I'd like to hear other things people have tried.

But of course, this is plan B for me - I've only tried a few times in the name of science. Works well enough, but I still prefer the W9Tech cartridges on my Persei with the Nibbler X for oils.

Solo is great for flowers, and this is the primary use of my Solo now. It's even been replacing its big brother, the Extreme-Q on my desk, for a couple weeks now, just because it seems easier and quicker to set up and get'r'done.

Weekend with few obligations for me... Perhaps I'll revisit this topic for a while :)

Vaper

Just timed my heat up time. Took about 1 min 35 sec to reach 7. M1B1
The model I had/sent back is as follows:

M1C1

I was never able to achieve a popcorn taste at level seven. As a matter of fact, I often had to turn the unit back on after the twelve minute timeout just to finish the bowl (all while at level seven).

Last edited:
Vaper,
Reactions: Snappo

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The model I had/sent back is as follows:

M1C1

I was never able to achieve a popcorn taste at level seven. As a matter of fact, I often had to turn the unit back on after the twelve minute timeout just to finish the bowl (all while at level seven).
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that your unit's thermostat was not functioning properly. Sensing that it was up to level 7 so quickly offers a clue here.

I hope you have better luck with your replacement. I bet you will.

:peace:

Zorbak

Stu, I got that camera pack you recommended for the solo, and it works perfectly for my needs. it has a little adjustable pocket that allows me to snugly fit my Pinnacle water tube, and my Solo, My recharger, and my regular and shorty pvhegong. It's nice and small and unobtrusive too. Just wanted to say thanks for the tip.

Vaper

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that your unit's thermostat was not functioning properly. Sensing that it was up to level 7 so quickly offers a clue here.

I hope you have better luck with your replacement. I bet you will.

:peace:
Thanks, stu. I just hope a whole batch wasn't affected.

Vaper

Vaper - your posts have been very helpful to current and future Solo aficionados. We always need to be on the lookout for unusual unit behaviors, and your observations help that cause.
Thanks again!:tup:
My pleasure, Snappo. I still can't believe that Arizer thinks that ON to level 7 heat up in 20 seconds is normal.

I just noticed that PV is sold out of Solos. They'll likely restock with the M1C1 versions. Remaining optimistic, let's hope that my particular M1C1 was just a fluke bad unit.

Last edited:
Vaper,
Reactions: Snappo

Caligula

Maximus
Do you guys let the Solo rest between pulls? I figure as long as the led indicator doesn't drop to a lower level, it should be good to go still. It's that the case?

Last edited:
Top Bottom