Arizer Solo

spoutti

Just a heads up ,if you have a newer model (m1a..) You may have to cut or sand the o ring down or you will damage your cap.
I noticed it mentioned here earlier and checked mine and it's pretty jacked up, still functional but I'm thankful I caught it in time.

Oh also thanks to all here you made my transition to vaporization
A dream , I can't believe I ever even bothered combusting.

You dont need to saw/cut the o-ring. I Have 2 1maxxxx solos with "thick" caps. I cant screw the cap completly with the o-ring. I stick out/in my stem and then I just screw/unscrew it while drawing air to adjust the flow. I see it as an extra customisable option.

Jab

Just got my replacement solo... My m102 ceramic starting chipping. [...] Just wondering if anyone else has an m1b1 like the one I received? Just curious since I see everyone saying the m1a1 as the newest model. [...] I notice a surprisingly big difference in taste the first day.
I received an M1B1 a week or two ago (Massdrop). There was a slight metallic/electronic smell in the bowl when hot & empty, but some burnoffs and a good breaking-in seem to have taken care of that. Working great for me -- I say give it some time.

Jab,

Highplanedrifter

You dont need to saw/cut the o-ring. I Have 2 1maxxxx solos with "thick" caps. I cant screw the cap completly with the o-ring. I stick out/in my stem and then I just screw/unscrew it while drawing air to adjust the flow. I see it as an extra customisable option.

I very much did need too. The bottom threads on my cap are mangled using a similar technique to yours, and no longer catch if I only screw on halfway. I think most of the damage occurred when using a gong as it needed to be tightened a bit more than the stock stem.

Highplanedrifter,
Reactions: OF

OF

I very much did need too. The bottom threads on my cap are mangled using a similar technique to yours, and no longer catch if I only screw on halfway.

I've noticed the cap on my latest one is poorly threaded at the open end, cross threading it is easy to do. Some care is needed to detect this and back off and try again sometimes. Once in place, no problems of course.

Another area of concern is the four little tabs on the bottom that hold the cover in place. If you have a ring in use be sure to remove the cap before messing with the screws. Probably a good call anyway.

OF

OF,

dopeasfck

Sup guys, Just got my solo today. Are you suppose to heat this thing up with the little chamber cap on or off? or does it not matter?

dopeasfck,

poonman

I think it was established a few pages back with pics ,
that Not all the caps and even the silicone ring are the same size .
I believe both were M1A's units .

I'm guessing the M1B's follows the M1A's in sequence , the next ones could be M1C's .
Just a guess .

edit ;
with the cap off , to answer the above post .

poonman,

Vaper

Hi everyone.

Have people experienced insanely fast heat up times (like ON to level 7 in 20 seconds) with their newer units? I suspect that my thermostat is defective, but, torontovaporizer.ca says that's not unusual. Ideas? Thanks!

Vaper,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Hi everyone.

Have people experienced insanely fast heat up times (like ON to level 7 in 20 seconds) with their newer units? I suspect that my thermostat is defective, but, torontovaporizer.ca says that's not unusual. Ideas? Thanks!
I wish I could help with a knowledgeable answer, but can only guess. It seems unusually fast to me. Do I recall correctly that you stated in a prior post that you took a temp reading inside the bowl and it was low? In any case, give Arizer an email with your situation. They should be able to give you guidance. Good luck!

poonman

Hi everyone.

That seems fast to me , in fact way too fast .

edit ;
now I have to check and time it , to make sure myself .
But I have to let it cool down first ,
The Freakin's thing been on all day ...LOL

Last edited:

dopeasfck

I think it was established a few pages back with pics ,
that Not all the caps and even the silicone ring are the same size .
I believe both were M1A's units .

I'm guessing the M1B's follows the M1A's in sequence , the next ones could be M1C's .
Just a guess .

edit ;
with the cap off , to answer the above post .

oops, i did my first heat up with the cap on.I'm surprised thats not something mentioned in the instructions. Well, at least now i know. Thanks. I'll be posting back soon after my first session. Only other vape i've used is the EQ.

dopeasfck,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
oops, i did my first heat up with the cap on.I'm surprised thats not something mentioned in the instructions. Well, at least now i know. Thanks. I'll be posting back soon after my first session. Only other vape i've used is the EQ.
I heat it up with the cap in all the time, no problem. I don't let it sit there for the full 12 minutes before auto shut off, but at least until it reaches desired temp level. Anyway, just play it safe and remove cap during heat up. Cheers!

Snappo,
Reactions: Maine420

Vaper

I wish I could help with a knowledgeable answer, but can only guess. It seems unusually fast to me. Do I recall correctly that you stated in a prior post that you took a temp reading inside the bowl and it was low? In any case, give Arizer an email with your situation. They should be able to give you guidance. Good luck!
Thanks, Snappo. Yes. I did take a temperature reading with an infrared thermometer and told torontovaporizer.ca and they said that infrared thermometers are "very inaccurate" when reading the temperature of a vaporizer. I also sent Arizer an e-mail 2 days ago with no response yet.

Vaper,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Thanks, Snappo. Yes. I did take a temperature reading with an infrared thermometer and told torontovaporizer.ca and they said that infrared thermometers are "very inaccurate" when reading the temperature of a vaporizer. I also sent Arizer an e-mail 2 days ago with no response yet.
I don't particularly care for torontovaporizer.ca's terse reply to you. My Solo heats up to 6-7 level in about 45 secs to a minute...pretty fast! But 20 seconds???...I don't know about that:\. Arizer isn't usually quick about responding in my experience. And no telephone - what's up with that?:disgust: Try emailing them again, and again, and again! Now, other than the quick temp level indicator, is it vaping material as you would expect?

Snappo,
Reactions: poonman

poonman

Since it was for a first burn off ,
that is why the cap should be open , to let the ' toxins ' escape .

But as Snappo said , np with the cap on to reach desired temp level .

dopeasfck

I kept opening and closing it the first time. But i did a couple more with the cap open just to be safe. Thank you poonman and snappo.

dopeasfck,
Reactions: Snappo

OF

I don't particularly care for torontovaporizer.ca's terse reply to you.

Well we don't really know how terse it was since we're not seeing the quote, but the observation that IR pyrometers aren't very useful in vapes is spot on IMO. Anyone know of a case where they actually accurately show what's happening? The missing 'fudge factor' guys like to ignore is that "emissivity value", a true wild card. Typically it's set at values like .95, but most allow correction. If you look into it, this makes a HUGE difference in accuracy (but not resolution). Metals can be most troublesome here. These gadgets have serious limitations.
http://www.optotherm.com/emiss-effects.htm
http://www.optotherm.com/emiss-examples.htm
http://www.raytek.com/Raytek/en-r0/IREducation/EmissivityTableMetals.htm

IMO IR pyrometers aren't useful to us, really. Which is why I abandoned mine (I have 3....including one that focuses on a .1 inch spot 1/2 inch out that would otherwise be ideal) and bought the thermocouples and reader.

OF

dopeasfck

I don't particularly care for torontovaporizer.ca's terse reply to you. My Solo heats up to 6-7 level in about 45 secs to a minute...pretty fast! But 20 seconds???...I don't know about that:\. Arizer isn't usually quick about responding in my experience. And no telephone - what's up with that?:disgust: Try emailing them again, and again, and again! Now, other than the quick temp level indicator, is it vaping material as you would expect?
Just timed my heat up time. Took about 1 min 35 sec to reach 7. M1B1

Snappo

Accessory Maker
should i be unpacking and stirring after a certain amount of hits or just leave it ?
I don't unpack, but I do stir after a good number of hits. You may find that the pack becomes somewhat fused together, and on the brown side. Use a tooth pick to poke it (loosen it up) and then stir it a bit, and tamp down slightly. You're ready for the next round!:nod:

Snappo,

Highplanedrifter

I've noticed the cap on my latest one is poorly threaded at the open end, cross threading it is easy to do. Some care is needed to detect this and back off and try again sometimes. Once in place, no problems of course.

Another area of concern is the four little tabs on the bottom that hold the cover in place. If you have a ring in use be sure to remove the cap before messing with the screws. Probably a good call anyway.

OF

This is possible I did notice it does like to cross I try to be careful but I do feel it's much better this way and figured I'd throw it out there.

My unit took 1 min 40 sec from cold to 7

Highplanedrifter,
Reactions: OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hi everyone.

Sure sounds fast. I think the question that needs answering is if it produces vapor at level 3 and up?
If so, all I have to say is, trade ya?
Wouldn't trust the meter your using. Real test is to use it to see if calibration is completely out somewhere or if your unit is on steroids for heat up time.
You did try a reset? Think you hold in the up button while plugging in charger. Or something like that. IIRC, lights do something to let you know.

Good luck.

Top Bottom