Arizer Solo

OF

I got mine at oringsandmore, y'know in the o-ring district.

I was going to get some from them, but I heard that there are a lot of knock off o-rings in the o-ring district made by forced child labor in China.......I sure don't want to support that. Bad karma there I think?

I do have to agree, though, some of their prices are really attractive but I worry about the warranty......

For now I'll stick with the ones from McMaster/Carr.....but do let us know if those rings work out OK?
http://www.mcmaster.com/#9396k26/=ouraqx

I've added the oring but I'm not really seeing what it really adds to anything? Do you just put the oring on top of the seal that's already there or do you remove that piece and then put the oring on?

Secondly, I've only been vaping for a few months and never smoked at all before. For the last week, no matter what I try, there is almost no effect. I've gone through 6 bowls with little to no effect. I've played with temps, grinds, other vaperizors, no dice.

If your unit is new and the factory seal is still tight you won't notice any changes since the seal is still tight. When it's loose enough for the ring to help, you'll know it. No, you leave the factory seal in.

There's a chance you've run your tolerance too high, but I doubt it. Do you trust the bud? Does it darken? Can you get to dark and popcorn taste?

OF

Vaper

I added these seals to both my SOLO'S
Planet Vapes includes a free one with the PHVES stem:

I just recieved the PVHES yesterday and really love it.

If I get another one I will get the TURBO and load whole flowers without grinding.
However for now the PVHES non turbo works well.

Maybe someone who has a TURBO can chime in?

I'm ordering the gongshorty and apparently comes with an O ring, so, I'll use that when it comes. I still can't understand why my unit is heating up so insanely fast--malfunction or just that fast?? From ON to level 7 in 15 to 20 seconds, on battery! I've had it for two days now. Thanks for the suggestion. :clap:

Highplanedrifter

I'm ordering the gongshorty and apparently comes with an O ring, so, I'll use that when it comes. I still can't understand why my unit is heating up so insanely fast--malfunction or just that fast?? From ON to level 7 in 15 to 20 seconds, on battery! I've had it for two days now. Thanks for the suggestion. :clap:

Just a heads up ,if you have a newer model (m1a..) You may have to cut or sand the o ring down or you will damage your cap.
I noticed it mentioned here earlier and checked mine and it's pretty jacked up, still functional but I'm thankful I caught it in time.

Oh also thanks to all here you made my transition to vaporization
A dream , I can't believe I ever even bothered combusting.

bigdjohnson

@OF I do trust who I get it from, but beyond that, all I can trust is their rep and what I've had in the past, all has been fine. I'll clarify, it allows me to remove a slight edge, but no where near enough or like it used to. Bud does darken...very dark actually. I lowered my temps thinking I may be going at it too hot? I don't know. Being that I never used MJ before my car accident, this is all very new to me. I still don't truly know what "good" stuff is vs "bad" stuff. Being that I'm up in BC Canada, you'd think that my variety would be endless but I don't really have those connections so I'm just learning as I go. I've made some expensive mistakes but I guess that goes with anything.

@ataxian Is it better to not grind when possible? I have a bent Turbo PVHES and if I could avoid grinding...game changer buddy.....game changer.

al bundy

Vaporist
I think the turbo ,especially a PVHE version,you get more air/less vapor. I feel there's less restriction with turbo and have to hit real easy.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Secondly, I've only been vaping for a few months and never smoked at all before. For the last week, no matter what I try, there is almost no effect. I've gone through 6 bowls with little to no effect. I've played with temps, grinds, other vaperizors, no dice. Any suggestions? Is this normal? I hope I don't have to stop for a period of time to reset my tolerance as it's a major source of pain relief as well as anxiety.
change flowers I keep a inventory of 3 different strains for that same reason.
@OF
@ataxian Is it better to not grind when possible? I have a bent Turbo PVHES and if I could avoid grinding...game changer buddy.....game changer.
I prefer not grinding when possible!

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: OF

OF

@OF I do trust who I get it from, but beyond that, all I can trust is their rep and what I've had in the past, all has been fine.

I'm with Brother Ataxian (the fellow above with the interesting dentures.....), suspect the bud. There's an old axiom in troubleshooting 'what was the last thing you did before the lights went out?'. If you've just changed stash, start there. Experience teaches you to save a bit of former stashes to address just such issues. Many are blessed with easy access to very high quality, tested bud. All it takes is money. Because it's documented it's pretty close in THC levels (say in the 15% range?). Normal 'street' bud can easily be a small fraction of that and yet still look and smell like the real deal.

Blazing tends to mask this with lots of garbage that makes you cough and hack and expect to get off. Vaping not so, or at least not as much. So, while the blazers might not find fault with the lid, you might?

If you're getting darkening, you're getting all the THC you paid for out, don't lower temperature.

You'll pick up skills over time, but best to try a different batch I think and consider retaining some so you'll have a standard to judge?

Best wishes.

OF

OF,
Reactions: GSH

Sekt0r

Hi all, I've decided to get a Solo with a WT this week. I've done the research on both the PNWT and the FBomb and I'm aware of the deals etc (I'm from Australia as well so the price difference isn't huge).

I'm fairly new to all this, adapter wise...
Can someone advise if I still need a 14mm PVHEGong for the PNWT? (I'm aware you can use tubing etc but say I didn't want to go that route), theyoyokids listing says it comes with a GonG adapter, I assume this isn't what I need to connect it to the Solo? I'll only be using it for the Solo so I don't need it to fit anything else. Thanks.

Sekt0r,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hi all, I've decided to get a Solo with a WT this week. I've done the research on both the PNWT and the FBomb and I'm aware of the deals etc (I'm from Australia as well so the price difference isn't huge).

I'm fairly new to all this, adapter wise...
Can someone advise if I still need a 14mm PVHEGong for the PNWT? (I'm aware you can use tubing etc but say I didn't want to go that route), theyoyokids listing says it comes with a GonG adapter, I assume this isn't what I need to connect it to the Solo? I'll only be using it for the Solo so I don't need it to fit anything else. Thanks.
Correct. The adapter is for the Pinnacle vaporizer, NOT the Solo. You will need to buy the appropriate glass adapter for the Solo as well.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm with Brother Ataxian (the fellow above with the interesting dentures.....), suspect the bud. Normal 'street' bud can easily be a small fraction of that and yet still look and smell like the real deal.
Blazing tends to mask this with lots of garbage that makes you cough and hack and expect to get off. Vaping not so, or at least not as much. So, while the blazers might not find fault with the lid, you might?
If you're getting darkening, you're getting all the THC you paid for out, don't lower temperature.
You'll pick up skills over time, but best to try a different batch I think and consider retaining some so you'll have a standard to judge?

Best wishes.

OF
"Of", I agree with you on a subject that I study daily.

Frosty Top Shelf Quality Only.
Stay away from cheap rag weed.
Cost in use the more expensive flowers are actually cheaper and way more effective.
The BOGO deals are gimmicks!
Dump off poor quality!

I like WAX well purged because the effect is so effective.
However poor quality wax is even worse than poor quality flowers!
Our good friend BigDjohnson needs a good mix of cannabis.

INDICAS for Sleep
Hybrids for the day.
Girl Scout Cookies I love!

Straight Sativas I love however they do not love me.

The SCIENCE of CANNABIS is fascinating!

In my case the SOLO is a medical Device!

ma125

I had the same issue but eventually the LED started working again.

So...my blue led went out about a week ago. I thought the unit wasn't coming on at first. Then I realized that the light was out.

Anyone else have this problem? Did you use the warranty for a replacement? Suggestions?

Thanks

Vaper

Just a heads up ,if you have a newer model (m1a..) You may have to cut or sand the o ring down or you will damage your cap.
I noticed it mentioned here earlier and checked mine and it's pretty jacked up, still functional but I'm thankful I caught it in time.

Oh also thanks to all here you made my transition to vaporization
A dream , I can't believe I ever even bothered combusting.
How does damage to the cap occur? I noticed that there is already a slight gap between the bottom of the cap and the top edge of the 2nd black factory O ring.

Cheers

Vaper,
Reactions: Maine420

Panigale

DTS - can someone verify that Tim's "full kit" Solo Mio does in fact come with the car cord adapter? I ordered the kit and upon receipt noticed the car cord was not included. I emailed Tim 5 days ago and he's not responding.

Thanks
Pani

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
DTS - can someone verify that Tim's "full kit" Solo Mio does in fact come with the car cord adapter? I ordered the kit and upon receipt noticed the car cord was not included. I emailed Tim 5 days ago and he's not responding.

Thanks
Pani
You can legally drive and vaporize where you live?

I need to move there!

ataxian,
Reactions: OF

Hexi

Thanks heaps. How about the question about the screens? Sorry for asking so many questions, but you really seem to have your set-up dialled for chasing flavour, and I'm looking to set myself up right from the get go.

Thanks again
TF

The stainless steel bowl of the SOLO might be a non-starter for you if you are very sensitive to the pop-corn flavor effect. A workaround of course is never go about step 5 and cleaning the SS bowl every use. That's way too much work for me.

I've found that using a micro tube like the f-BOMB + 'ultra fine' screens will give the best flavor. However with UF screens the draw is much more limited, which will impact the session depending on which stem/GONG you are using etc... so IMO it's a trade off.

I guess for even better flavor, no water in the tube or use a chillium etc... with UF screens. I stopped using the UF screens tho, can't get the flowers to be spent/dark enough for full spectrum.

OF

Thanks
Pani

First off, Howdy, welcome to the Forum. Congrats on the Solo and Solo Mio, I'm sure we'll have it sorted out quickly.

Yes, it does, or should. Tim has a lot of irons in the fire, he's taking a leading role in the family business and that takes him out of the area. I'm trying to catch up with him as well, I'll pass the word to him when I do.

There was a surprising amount of discussion about which model to use, Beta testers evaluated 4 types total I think. I tested all four for him (there was actually a fifth that failed test...). It came down to two, I'm not sure which he finally went with, but either was fine IMO. There was also some discussion on what value fuse to use, but that too I think is resolved.

My guess is it's an oversight, a very solid car cord should have been in the box, one of the two I have here?

You can legally drive and vaporize where you live?

I need to move there!

You know you can also charge it while you drive. And just because you're in a car (boat, motorhome, whatever....) doesn't mean you can be parked somewhere....

I'm not sure where the OP is, but I'm happy to see it's added to the list of places members think you should go......

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The stainless steel bowl of the SOLO might be a non-starter for you if you are very sensitive to the pop-corn flavor effect. A workaround of course is never go about step 5 and cleaning the SS bowl every use. That's way too much work for me.

I've found that using a micro tube like the f-BOMB + 'ultra fine' screens will give the best flavor. However with UF screens the draw is much more limited, which will impact the session depending on which stem/GONG you are using etc... so IMO it's a trade off.

I guess for even better flavor, no water in the tube or use a chillium etc... with UF screens. I stopped using the UF screens tho, can't get the flowers to be spent/dark enough for full spectrum.
I had to chime in "Sorry Hexi".

With my PHVES stem attach with a CHILLUM I'm at level 3.
Very smooth and medicating.
Flavor is hyper crictial for me as well!

Gave away my burnt pop corn vapes.
Flavor first!

Just CHILLIN!

OF

I agree, I too find the results with fine screens better. UF ones I've tried were too restrictive to start with IMO and fouled way too fast.

Two tips to offer for your consideration. First use 5/8 or even 3/4 inch ones 'domed' up. The bigger one cuts the volume a fair bit as well, a plus to some. 5/8 does not do this very much. However it does lift the screen off the support allowing cross flow to make it to the holes so the whole screen 'works'. Otherwise only 1/5 or so of it is active, the parts over the holes, and it fouls much faster.

Secondly, 'flame' them clean. Hold them by one edge with a disused roach clip and use a small torch type lighter to heat until it glows. Then just brush the ash off and go again.

OF

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I had to chime in "Sorry Hexi".

With my PHVES stem attach with a CHILLUM I'm at level 3.
Very smooth and medicating.
Flavor is hyper crictial for me as well!

Gave away my burnt pop corn vapes.
Flavor first!

Just CHILLIN!
May I ask where you fine folks purchased these 'Chillum Tips'....at least the ones that will fit the Solo stems? A Canadian retailer would be great, but I also order from the US all the time...

Hexi

Secondly, I've only been vaping for a few months and never smoked at all before. For the last week, no matter what I try, there is almost no effect. I've gone through 6 bowls with little to no effect. I've played with temps, grinds, other vaperizors, no dice.

This happened to me back when I was not using a dispensary and stuck with the Iolite. I talked to my "guy" and he was like "uh, yeah someone else said that that batch wasn't very strong, so I'm going to my other guy"... That's when I said fuck it and made the appointment to get my Cali medi-card.

So in my particular case, it was indeed the herb that was the weak-point. However I did find that combusting that herb was slightly more effective than vaping in the Iolite, a lot of that has to do with how crappy the Iolite is for full spectrum

The flowers I get now range from 15% to 29% tested THC

I have high tolerance, but a full OEM Stock SOlo stem of good herb is more than enough to get me medicated. I use "shorty" bowls mostly and PVHES so it adds variables etc..

I would say in general, 1 loaded stem should suffice for any full-sized adult.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
May I ask where you fine folks purchased these 'Chillum Tips'....at least the ones that will fit the Solo stems? A Canadian retailer would be great, but I also order from the US all the time...
I shop around and go into the brick and mortar smoke shops that carry them.
They have varies sizes so you have to bring in your stem with a silicon wide gasket (OMICRON TIP cut to fit).

i sort through the pile just to find on.

You can order one on line if you have a local glass blower near by!

Top Bottom