Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian, great to hear you like the PVHE stem. Could you tell me:

1. With your set-up with stock stem, glass screen on bottom and SS screen on top, how many clean, no popcorn hits do you get on level 3-4?

2. How many hits, or how long (e.g. 0.5 cycle, 1 cycle, 1.5 cycles) do you get before flavour becomes unacceptable to you and you quit the load?

3. How close to completely spent is the load at this point?

4. With the PVHE stem, have you noticed any change for better or worse on the above points?

Thanks in advance
TF
OK I'll try to give a review however I'm a newbie: (Plus I'm in MAX FLIGHT MODE)

STOCK L4, 7 Rips PHVES L3. 5 Rips
(changed strains?)
WHITE WIDOW OG 1 hour effect (stock)
OG 2 hours effect (PHVES)
Not a good comparison.

WHITE WIDOW OG = SMOOTH
OG = CRAZY POWERFUL

I like the WHITE WIDOW OG Day Time
OG is for the evening.

Give you a better review when I have the same strain and the stock and the PHVES side by side.

Last edited:

Tom Funk

STOCK L4, 7 Rips

Give you a better review when I have the same strain and the stock and the PHVES side by side.

Thanks. Look forward to the results of the controlled experiment.

In the mean time, when you say you get 7 rips @ level 4 with the stock stem, does this mean clean hits with virtually no popcorn taste, or is this when the popcorn becomes too much for you to keep going?

Also, what is your top screen set-up, flat screen or over-sized and domed? Fine, medium or coarse gage screen?

Cheers
TF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks. Look forward to the results of the controlled experiment.

In the mean time, when you say you get 7 rips @ level 4 with the stock stem, does this mean clean hits with virtually no popcorn taste, or is this when the popcorn becomes too much for you to keep going?

Also, what is your top screen set-up, flat screen or over-sized and domed? Fine, medium or coarse gage screen?

Cheers
TF
After 7 rips I get to where I want to do something else.
I gave away all my pop corn vapes.

I quit early on all my vapes.

Tom Funk

After 7 rips I get to where I want to do something else.
I gave away all my pop corn vapes.

I quit early on all my vapes.

Thanks heaps. How about the question about the screens? Sorry for asking so many questions, but you really seem to have your set-up dialled for chasing flavour, and I'm looking to set myself up right from the get go.

Thanks again
TF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Me too @ataxian . I followed your every post here because I want the best flavor:smug:
I'm not an expert by any means.
However I am really sensitive to taste.
It's just me.
The SOLO works super easy for my situation.
As a potable vaporizer it's my driver.
It's not for everybody.
I can't drink cheap wine.
Hate improperly brewed coffee. (sock juice)
It's the same with flowers.
Well grown frosty flowers perfectly cured.
CANNABIS is what we are consuming.
It's becoming more refine everyday!

There are many well designed vaporizers today however the SOLO gets the job done.
I will choose the stock or the PHVES based on the effect I'm requiring.
As long as flavor is not altered.

The SOLO is so versatile.
The new PHVES stem work really well.
I still love my stock stems.
What I have gained is versatility.
GonG's are non PHVES in my inventory.

I was going to get more vaporizers kind of like a gambler or chain smoker.

Instead of a $600 vaporizer I will just get more accessories.

Find your sweet spot!

Ps: When I was in ROME the ESPRESSO was so good!

Last edited:

SOLOGreen

I'm not an expert by any means.
However I am really sensitive to taste.
It's just me.
The SOLO works super easy for my situation.
As a potable vaporizer it's my driver.
It's not for everybody.
I can't drink cheap wine.
Hate improperly brewed coffee. (sock juice)
It's the same with flowers.
Well grown frosty flowers perfectly cured.
CANNABIS is what we are consuming.
It's becoming more refine everyday!

There are many well designed vaporizers today however the SOLO gets the job done.
I will choose the stock or the PHVES based on the effect I'm requiring.
As long as flavor is not altered.

The SOLO is so versatile.
The new PHVES stem work really well.
I still love my stock stems.
What I have gained is versatility.
GonG's are non PHVES in my inventory.

I was going to get more vaporizers kind of like a gambler or chain smoker.

Instead of a $600 vaporizer I will just get more accessories.

Find your sweet spot!

Ps: When I was in ROME the ESPRESSO was so good!

YEAH man. At this moment I still use the stock stem with a simple screen into the draw side. I bought yesterday the honeycomb glass screens from puffitup.com for protect my herbs from direct contact with the heater. The next step is buy the straight, not turbo and not shorty, PVHES!!! :rockon:

ESPRESSO RULE!

Vaper

Hey everybody. So.....I got my Solo in the mail yesterday and I need to know if what I'm experiencing is normal, or, does the unit need to be sent back:

1.) The unit heats up to 6 in less than 30 seconds (I took a temperature reading of the inside of the bowl within the unit with an infrared thermometer and it read around 108 degrees Farenheit and was still rising)

2.) After heat up, the bent glass stem is so loose, that, it can rotate freely and is very wobbly if the base is moved back and fourth.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

Last edited:
Vaper,

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
I've been looking at those PVHES stems also. Do they really make a difference? Has anyone used the turbo?

Maine420,

nighteyes

Vaporist
Hey everybody. So.....I got my Solo in the mail yesterday and I need to know if what I'm experiencing is normal, or, does the unit need to be sent back:

1.) The unit heats up to 6 in less than 30 seconds (I took a temperature reading of the inside of the bowl within the unit with an infrared thermometer and it read around 108 degrees Farenheit and was still rising)

2.) After heat up, the bent glass stem is so loose, that, it can rotate freely and is very wobbly if the base is moved back and fourth.

An O ring under the Solo cap fixes the loose stem issue......mine came free with my gong adaptor. Think they sell them on puffitup? If you look back a few pages a member was sending them out for free.......I didn't think that would apply to me as I'm in the UK so I didn't bite his hand off :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

I added these seals to both my SOLO'S
Planet Vapes includes a free one with the PHVES stem:
I've been looking at those PVHES stems also. Do they really make a difference? Has anyone used the turbo?
I just recieved the PVHES yesterday and really love it.

If I get another one I will get the TURBO and load whole flowers without grinding.
However for now the PVHES non turbo works well.

Maybe someone who has a TURBO can chime in?

Last edited:

LazyIdol

Does anyone know what size ID tubing you would need to be able to slide it over a 18mm Gong?

LazyIdol,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I added these seals to both my SOLO'S
Planet Vapes includes a free one with the PHVES stem:

I just recieved the PVHES yesterday and really love it.

If I get another one I will get the TURBO and load whole flowers without grinding.
However for now the PVHES non turbo works well.

Maybe someone who has a TURBO can chime in?
I bought both the bent shorty and bent shorty turbo.

I don't mind the increased airflow of the bent shorty but found the turbo to be too unrestrictive for me. Can't seem to get the draw quite right more times than not.

I find it harder to get thicker clouds with the PVHES stems than the stock ones. Not sure of the physics behind this but the slight restriction of the stock stem seems to suck more goodies out of my herb quicker. JMO, however.

Used my PNWT on the Solo for the first time last night. The added restriction of the WT produced HUGE clouds, which sort of supports my uneducated theory in the paragragh above.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I bought both the bent shorty and bent shorty turbo.

I don't mind the increased airflow of the bent shorty but found the turbo to be too un-restrictive for me. Can't seem to get the draw quite right more times than not.

I find it harder to get thicker clouds with the PVHES stems than the stock ones. Not sure of the physics behind this but the slight restriction of the stock stem seems to suck more goodies out of my herb quicker. JMO, however.

Used my PNWT on the Solo for the first time last night. The added restriction of the WT produced HUGE clouds, which sort of supports my uneducated theory in the paragraph above.
Do you have the seal?

On the TURBO load a small whole flower nugget and raise the level. (no grind)

Last edited:
ataxian,

OF

I don't mind the increased airflow of the bent shorty but found the turbo to be too unrestrictive for me. Can't seem to get the draw quite right more times than not.

I find it harder to get thicker clouds with the PVHES stems than the stock ones.

I too think the 'less restriction' thing can be taken too far in many cases. It's not hard at all to identify intentional restrictions in many vape designs, those restrictions weren't accidental IMO but the result of testing different designs. The problem comes from differences in personal taste and style......no 'standard user' to design to.

Using WTs and running the heat up to step 6 or 7 also changes the rules some I think.

Back on the point of too much free flow to suit you, how about putting a couple fine screens in front of that gaping hole to slow things down a mite?

OF

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Do you have the seal?

On the TURBO load a small whole flower nugget and raise the level. (no grind)
Yes, I do have the seal (O-Ring). I will definitely try the nugget approach...thank you...

@OF

That is a good idea, OF. I have plenty of 1/2" fine screens at home...:tup:

WildChild,
Reactions: OF

wakenvape13

Darth Vaper
So I have had my solo for a month now.. its the newest model and I have a few questions...
1. Ive been using it on lvl 5 is that to high?

2. Is there a way to shut off the timer? I use it twice.. so one bowl 24 mins..

3. Should I be using a screen like people say?

4. How tight do you pack the bowl, I use yo bent straw

5.How many bowls does it take you to where u wanna be

6. Any tips?

THANKS!

wakenvape13,

OF

So I have had my solo for a month now.. its the newest model and I have a few questions...
1. Ive been using it on lvl 5 is that to high?

2. Is there a way to shut off the timer? I use it twice.. so one bowl 24 mins..

3. Should I be using a screen like people say?

4. How tight do you pack the bowl, I use yo bent straw

5.How many bowls does it take you to where u wanna be

6. Any tips?

THANKS!

1. No, not if you like it. Most prefer a step or two lower I think (I'm a 4 guy personally), but no big deal, in fact that's why it's adjustable?

2. No

3. Your call. If you reclaim it's probably a good plan Try both ways and see which you prefer?

4. Again, a personal call. You can vape intact buds even. Most I think lightly pack? I suck up what will come from fine, dry ground in the jar then lightly pack it in (1/16 inch or a bit more?) to help it stay put and keep it off the hot metal when inserted. Don't pack it too tight or you end up with missed spots in the ABV.

5. Probably a different amount than you. And your's goes up and down too, doesn't it?

6. Take it out and play with it. Experiment, follow the results you like......don't repeat the ones that don't?

You're welcome.

OF

wakenvape13

Darth Vaper
1. No, not if you like it. Most prefer a step or two lower I think (I'm a 4 guy personally), but no big deal, in fact that's why it's adjustable?

2. No

3. Your call. If you reclaim it's probably a good plan Try both ways and see which you prefer?

4. Again, a personal call. You can vape intact buds even. Most I think lightly pack? I suck up what will come from fine, dry ground in the jar then lightly pack it in (1/16 inch or a bit more?) to help it stay put and keep it off the hot metal when inserted. Don't pack it too tight or you end up with missed spots in the ABV.

5. Probably a different amount than you. And your's goes up and down too, doesn't it?

6. Take it out and play with it. Experiment, follow the results you like......don't repeat the ones that don't?

You're welcome.

OF
Thank you :) I forgot one question.. is it okay for my straw to be so damn loose, I mean like it wiggles side to side quiet a lot.

wakenvape13,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thank you :) I forgot one question.. is it okay for my straw to be so damn loose, I mean like it wiggles side to side quiet a lot.
I want to vape what ever your vaping!

You need a seal!

Look at treads 19489#

I can't wait until my PNWT arrives.
Need 14mm GonG adapter!

Last edited:

OF

You're welcome.

Yes, it's normal. The Solo is designed to have that happen. More air is drawn in that way as the unit 'breaks in'. For many it's an annoyance (I use bent stems, and don't like 'chasing' them around in circles) which is what got the whole extra seal thing started.

Adding the seal tightens up the stem just fine, but it reduces the airflow doing so. About the same amount the PVHES adds IMO (so that a PVHES with a seal is about the same as a stock stem without?). I've also experimented with notches in the bottom of the seal with some success:

You can see the notches on the inside rim (which I've since moved to the bottom surface with better results) and in the background is how I do it. Pinch the ring in vice grips then with a razor blade trim off the bit that 'squishes' out against the jaw face. This preserves a grip on the stem but lets air past.

Like you're other questions, try it both ways and see?

OF

wakenvape13

Darth Vaper
Wh
You're welcome.

Yes, it's normal. The Solo is designed to have that happen. More air is drawn in that way as the unit 'breaks in'. For many it's an annoyance (I use bent stems, and don't like 'chasing' them around in circles) which is what got the whole extra seal thing started.

Adding the seal tightens up the stem just fine, but it reduces the airflow doing so. About the same amount the PVHES adds IMO (so that a PVHES with a seal is about the same as a stock stem without?). I've also experimented with notches in the bottom of the seal with some success:

You can see the notches on the inside rim (which I've since moved to the bottom surface with better results) and in the background is how I do it. Pinch the ring in vice grips then with a razor blade trim off the bit that 'squishes' out against the jaw face. This preserves a grip on the stem but lets air past.

Like you're other questions, try it both ways and see?

OF
Where did ya get the o rings

Top Bottom