Arizer Solo

OF

I'm not in the UK, Canada, US, or "Cape Verde", which are the only options available.

I'm sorry you're having troubles, but it's not uncommon. From experience shipping to foreign customers is not a trivial deal.....not as simple as looking up the postage. Some countries are harder than others, most call for special attention (AKA 'handling') that needs to be factored in. It often really does need a trip to the PO to review the customs forms and such involved, if they're not already doing this it is an unknown, otherwise it's simply extra effort.

Under normal conditions most sellers of stuff here in the US don't usually offer this wider customer support.

Again, I understand the frustration on your part, but consider what's going on? TRVB is seriously discounting these guys, over 50%, which is what has you interested along with the rest of us. But that means much lower profit from each sale and you're asking for what's probably a few employee hours' time to cover this special case shippment? I bet the burdened labor costs for that exceeds the purchase price?

Not to mention the increased cost of warranty support (typically controlled with authorized agents).

I'm sure they'd love to sell you one, they just don't want to loose money on the deal.

In any event, I think this discussion doesn't really belong in the Solo thread?

Good luck.

OF

Anonymouse

Sith I care
...you're asking for what's probably a few employee hours' time to cover this special case shippment? I bet the burdened labor costs for that exceeds the purchase price?

If that few hours allowed them to put "Australia" in the drop-down menu on the checkout page, I wonder how much/if the extra sales that'd allow would offset the cost. They have a shipping option for Cape Verde, which implies the reason they're not bothering with Australia is not due to perception of potential market size.

In any event, I think this discussion doesn't really belong in the Solo thread?

There could be other Aussie Solo owners out there that want in on the deal, so trying to find a way to order from here is not completely irrelevant. I do see your point; You could argue it belongs in the TRVB thread, or the Pinnacle thread also, but I don't follow either of those; I read about it here and continued discussion here. I don't have any further constructive input, though (seems to be a dead end), so I'm happy to drop it. Hopefully some other Aussie can crack it and if so, tell us how they did it. Still three weeks left to work out how to get an order in...

Anonymouse,
Reactions: Maine420

Tom Funk

If that few hours allowed them to put "Australia" in the drop-down menu on the checkout page, I wonder how much/if the extra sales that'd allow would offset the cost. They have a shipping option for Cape Verde, which implies the reason they're not bothering with Australia is not due to perception of potential market size.

There could be other Aussie Solo owners out there that want in on the deal, so trying to find a way to order from here is not completely irrelevant. I do see your point; You could argue it belongs in the TRVB thread, or the Pinnacle thread also, but I don't follow either of those; I read about it here and continued discussion here. I don't have any further constructive input, though (seems to be a dead end), so I'm happy to drop it. Hopefully some other Aussie can crack it and if so, tell us how they did it. Still three weeks left to work out how to get an order in...

I'd just grab one from theyoyokid1, which is what I plan to do if I can get the funds together. I know it sucks to think that he might be gouging on postage but $80 delivered is still a great price.

By the way, I checked out the postage at Planet Vape and you were right. It does appear that we can get $10 postage for the F-Bomb. With the FCLOVE10 code this would still make it $110 delivered for this piece vs $80 delivered for the PWT, which seems like it might be a better piece.

Make an ethical stand on the price gouging (if that is what he is doing), or get the piece you want and leave him with his own conscience? It's not like he's enslaving African children in order to bring you cheap chocolate.

Cheers
TF

Tom Funk

I am looking to buy a solo and was thinking about getting the PV stealth adaptor. I was wondering if there is a temperature level on the solo at which the vapor is not visible in daylight?

Also, I am planning to get the Pinnacle Water Tube while it is still on sale, but PV is out of 14mm PVHE GONGS. Can anyone tell me what is the correct size of tubing to wedge between a solo stem and the PWT?

TIA
TF

Tom Funk

Crap... did they say when more GonGs will be available? I want one.

Didn't check. Sorry. Let us know if you find out. I'm not so concerned about getting all I want at once from PV since I found out I can get $10 postage to Aus. for up to three stems. I plan on just grabbing PVHE gear as it pops up.

Cheers
TF

Tom Funk,
Reactions: Caligula

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
@Tom Funk, if you want everything in one order contact them and tell them what you want and they will work with you. That was what I did but I had a big order so I let them box stuff as it came into stock. I don't remember how long it ended up taking to finally ship because I didn't care but it was over a month for what I recall. I made it clear I couldn't care less how long it took as I was in zero rush and would rather it all come together so I won't have to keep looking and piece mealing it.

olivianewtonjohn

I am looking to buy a solo and was thinking about getting the PV stealth adaptor. I was wondering if there is a temperature level on the solo at which the vapor is not visible in daylight?

Also, I am planning to get the Pinnacle Water Tube while it is still on sale, but PV is out of 14mm PVHE GONGS. Can anyone tell me what is the correct size of tubing to wedge between a solo stem and the PWT?

TIA
TF
I just taped around the top part of the stem. It works surprising well

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: Tom Funk

bussinrounds

Since their not available I will use my glass adapter for now.
18mm male GonG
18mm Female Coupler
18mm male to 14mm male nipple
PNWT
Tonight the OG (Southern California) and the SOLO dry with a CHILLUM not bad at all!

This week will be like Christmas!

However I will just have to wait for the 14mm GonG to be available.
Did you get the PNWT yet ?

bussinrounds,
Reactions: ataxian

Vaper

I can't believe that the shipping cost to Canada for the PWT is only $5 (coming from the States). Wow. Now all I have to do is wait for the Gong shorty to become available on PV! I may end up going with the non shorty version. :\

Top Bottom