• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

Armerad

Dabbin'
The PV bubbler is the one i find the most thought through to provide a good vaporizer experience, the others just seemed to make a regular bubbler and put the FC logo in it. Plus i like the small size, :D

When i can, i will definitly invest in one of these.
The Leviathan pieces are truly unique. I think it's a shame to discredit Lev's work. He's working on a stacked showerhead bubbler which will be going for 150, as well as a BADASS bubbler with a handwoven net/lattice making for some crazy bubbling for 250$. Also, all of his work is 5-7mm, whereas the PlanetVape one is 3.2-5mm (Can't remember which they are going with, sorry).

Armerad,
Reactions: smokum

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The Leviathan pieces are truly unique. I think it's a shame to discredit Lev's work. He's working on a stacked showerhead bubbler which will be going for 150, as well as a BADASS bubbler with a handwoven net/lattice making for some crazy bubbling for 250$. Also, all of his work is 5-7mm, whereas the PlanetVape one is 3.2-5mm (Can't remember which they are going with, sorry).

Don't want to continue derailing but let me just add this, the PV bubbler was an idea to make a vaporizer specific bubbler at a low cost with good quality. We have enough 250$ options with decent quality. I think the others don't have the economic restraint which IMO was one of the fundamental points in the project. Not discrediting the other bubblers, just not the same concept and that is why i value PV's efforts above the others in this particular bubbler, not the overall quality of the piece or the blower.

Thank you all for the info on which glass you prefer with your solo. It seems that they are all bongs and not bubblers.
I have a small 14mm carb bong, the basic style. I am looking for something like the morbius but without the price tag...
I did see this Black Leaf - Saxo Bong - Inline Perc Beaker Base Glass Bong which seems similar and the comments seem
to reflect this.
As I said I am new to all this glass stuff and watching some of the videos is impressive. I am also impressed but how much
folks spend on glass, it is quite the investment. If anyone has any alternative suggestions I am looking for a small 14mm bubbler.
I did see a double chamber shower head bong (Weed Star - Double Bubbler Bong 3.0 with Shower Head Perc Diffusers
) that looks very cool, is there a big difference when you have several chambers?
Does this not make the pull on the solo too much (as in can the solo keep up with a double or more chambered bong)? Would
I not be better off just adding a pre-cooler like a Black Leaf - 8-arm Tree Perc Precooler to the simple small bong I have?
I will only be using the one solo.... no 'duo' for me!! (I am very jealous of that setup!!!).

On a side note, it seems that as I put my stems into the solo cold the stem seems to stick less, it have quite the wobble on it now, most annoying. Does the 'seal' that holds the stem wear down over time? Have others found this also?
K.
If you live in the US(or anywhere on this side of the ocean) don't buy from grasscity! It will take months for it to get to you. That is if you can even purchase it(my credit card company wouldn't let me because they said that that company has scammed people in the past, so they wouldn't authorize the purchase.) Just wanted to let you know.

kigrass

thanks for the warning vapeNstone, I am in europe and have been looking on grassciyy EU shop. weedstar is another contender for
me as they are German. Having looked at other glass it looks like I will have to save up some more, all this glass is more expensive
than I originally thought.
Again thanks for the heads up.

kigrass,
thanks for the warning vapeNstone, I am in europe and have been looking on grassciyy EU shop. weedstar is another contender for
me as they are German. Having looked at other glass it looks like I will have to save up some more, all this glass is more expensive
Well if you live over there then by all means by from them. Its way cheaper and still nice quality glass. Oh and btw Grasscity sells Black Leaf and Weedstar for really nice prices. Hence why I was looking into them when I started getting into glass pieces.

VapeNStone,

VaporGuy

Lets Get Baked
If you live in the US(or anywhere on this side of the ocean) don't buy from grasscity! It will take months for it to get to you. That is if you can even purchase it(my credit card company wouldn't let me because they said that that company has scammed people in the past, so they wouldn't authorize the purchase.) Just wanted to let you know.
totally agree. I've ordered a glass piece from grasscity on Sep.23, 2012 and have not received any thing yet. in spite of numerous emails back and forth all I've been getting from them are just empty promises....bastards:mad:

VaporGuy,

Ah didn't realize you were in the EU. It's harder to recommend American glass with the added shipping :(

kingofnull,

Armerad

Dabbin'
Don't want to continue derailing but let me just add this, the PV bubbler was an idea to make a vaporizer specific bubbler at a low cost with good quality. We have enough 250$ options with decent quality. I think the others don't have the economic restraint which IMO was one of the fundamental points in the project. Not discrediting the other bubblers, just not the same concept and that is why i value PV's efforts above the others in this particular bubbler, not the overall quality of the piece or the blower.
You looked at the more expensive price point in my post. The *double* showerhead Lev bubbler is looking to be 135-150$ last I heard, which is the same as the PV.

Armerad,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I thought they said more like $180 but if it is a choice between lev and pv I would do lev just from what I read since I haven't used glass yet. I spoke with PV today and there bubbler is done and the man said it should be $159 so not much of a difference in price. I suppose they will release the PV one in the next week.

Dreamerr,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
You looked at the more expensive price point in my post. The *double* showerhead Lev bubbler is looking to be 135-150$ last I heard, which is the same as the PV.

I thought the price tag of the PV bubbler was 100$ which would put it at 30% less than the double showerhead at 150$, but if the PV bubbler is at 160$ then i guess the economic factor is lost.

I wonder if the rise in price was because of the other FC bubblers.. but i suppose not. They did say it would be difficult to meet the 100$ limit.

vorrange,

fail

Yesterday I got my Solo, model 107. Upon opening the package the immediate thing that struck me was the prominent chemical smell from the vape and the glass tubes.
The glass tubes went into a pan with a boiling water for few hours and the smell is now gone.
With the vape the things didn’t go so easy. The toxic smell didn't go away even after a few hours of constant operation at 7. I was hoping that the break-in will reduce the smell and it did, but not as much so that I will stop dealing with it.
Today I have decided to take the vape apart and boil the heat chamber, but what I have seen inside caused me to regret that I bought this product.

First of all the heat chamber is made in awfully cheap way. There is this brown heat chamber casing that is made from god knows what, but I see that it is some type of glass fibers mixed with epoxy type adhesive. Also there is a white cement like glue right in the air path that glues the steel cup to the casing. The cement like glue is kinda sandy and crumby upon contact.

The worst thing that I have discovered is that the heat chamber casing has gotten darker (burnt) and I clearly see that it is melting from the heat. This is very worrying because I don’t like the idea of melted plastics and glues directly inside the vapor path.

Also I have discovered that the smell is not coming from a particular part, it is coming from all the parts. All the parts stink, the aluminum, the bottom battery casing and basically everything.

I bought this vape because of good reviews, but all the potheads didn't have enough brain to look inside, and neither do they had the sense of smell to notice the deadly toxic smell.
I must say that this vape does a great job at vaping, but this fact alone is not enough for me and I can’t live with the smell.
I am thinking about selling it, but wondering what can be bought instead, as this vape was an attractive choice because it is both mobile and can be operated with additional power unit that I got…

IMG_a0591.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_059a1.jpg

IMG_0591a.jpg

My recommendation is
DO NOT BUY

fail,
way to insult a whole community!! think all these so called "brain dead, no sense of smell potheads" want to offer you help now??
Yeah really, what a douche post. Hope you don't try to sell here on FC.

For the record, my Solo emits no smell other than that of sweet flowers. Flavour is among the purest I've tasted.

I know what 'burnt' tastes like. I think I'd have noticed if my Solo had such issues.

edit: just watched your video, fail. I see there's some discoloration, but it doesn't really look burnt to me. Either that or you just didn't illustrate it very clearly.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Yesterday I got my Solo, model 107. Upon opening the package the immediate thing that struck me was the prominent chemical smell from the vape and the glass tubes.
The glass tubes went into a pan with a boiling water for few hours and the smell is now gone.
With the vape the things didn’t go so easy. The toxic smell didn't go away even after a few hours of constant operation at 7. I was hoping that the break-in will reduce the smell and it did, but not as much so that I will stop dealing with it.
Today I have decided to take the vape apart and boil the heat chamber, but what I have seen inside caused me to regret that I bought this product.

First of all the heat chamber is made in awfully cheap way. There is this brown heat chamber casing that is made from god knows what, but I see that it is some type of glass fibers mixed with epoxy type adhesive. Also there is a white cement like glue right in the air path that glues the steel cup to the casing. The cement like glue is kinda sandy and crumby upon contact.

The worst thing that I have discovered is that the heat chamber casing has gotten darker (burnt) and I clearly see that it is melting from the heat. This is very worrying because I don’t like the idea of melted plastics and glues directly inside the vapor path.

Also I have discovered that the smell is not coming from a particular part, it is coming from all the parts. All the parts stink, the aluminum, the bottom battery casing and basically everything.

I bought this vape because of good reviews, but all the potheads didn't have enough brain to look inside, and neither do they had the sense of smell to notice the deadly toxic smell.
I must say that this vape does a great job at vaping, but this fact alone is not enough for me and I can’t live with the smell.
I am thinking about selling it, but wondering what can be bought instead, as this vape was an attractive choice because it is both mobile and can be operated with additional power unit that I got…

My recommendation is
DO NOT BUY

I understand you were trying to help or warn about issues but I take great offense to your post. It is highly insulting. I am not a pothead. I am a strict medical user and having "partied" since I was a teenager which was long ago.

As far as the brain dead comment goes that was also so rude. I don't know what field you are in but even your videos to me the parts look fine. I have no mechanical or technical background. Even the pointing at the burnt piece didn't look burnt to me.

Almost all vapes I have gotten come with a chemical smell. It only took two runs for the smell to leave on the solo. I suppose I am not a perfume sniffer either so maybe my nose doesn't work as well.

That same post could have been made without offending anyone and giving what you thought was valuable information. I for one will not recommend anything to you cause you will have issues with whatever you get IMHO.

Good luck to you sir.

fail

think all these so called want to offer you help now??
LOL What is this butt-hurt mumbling? What help are you talking about? The only helpful thing that you can do is to go see a psychiatrist, tell him that your butt hurts...

mod note: be nice.

fail,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The toxic smell didn't go away even after a few hours of constant operation at 7.

Glad to see you survived all that exposure to 'deadly toxic smells'.

You may have a defective unit, but who gives a shit after such an insulting and exaggerated post.

fail

Glad to see you survived all that exposure to 'deadly toxic smells'.

You may have a defective unit, but who gives a shit after such an insulting and exaggerated post.

You seem like a serious fellow... Do you honestly find the 'pothead' term insulting? I will never believe that you do.
Anyway I wasn't trying to insult anyone, but I couldn't care less if they did.

fail,

Sonics420

Flaming is never allowed on this forum. Please review the rules.
lol..

I dont even see anything wrong, sucks ur unit had problems.. maybe the seller could sense you were an asshole without ever meeting you and got you a "special" Solo!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
forget the pothead term...you said all the people on this board who like this vape don't have enough brains. then you went after mmenzie suggesting he likes it up the butt. couple all that with a post suggesting that the smells are toxic when clearly you are alive and posting, and you get a post that took a lot of time and effort but was buried under all the bullshit.

I wasn't personally offended, but I know this audience well enough to know that you were insulting. If you really want to make a difference regarding a highly popular vape with a lot of satisfied users, try buttering them up first instead of saying they are stupid.

Now let's get back to the Solo...

fail

No trolling. Please do not make posts that disrupt the peace and harmony of this board. Don’t post for or the purpose of starting a dispute.
you said all the people on this board who like this vape

Why did you write this sentence??? I have never sad that the potheads were from this board, the reviews that I viewed were on YouTube. I did read few pages of this thread before buying, but the most notable posts were actually against the Solo, describing exactly this smell issue, I had to pay more attention to these.

Avout this mmenzie user reacting as he did, I am not a psychiatrist and I am not certified to deal with this kind of situations. The doctors say that cannabis can invoke mental conditions and I see now that it is true.

he likes it up the butt

Where are you from? Looks like your English is not that good. Butt-hurt is a slang term for getting offended too easily, it has nothing to do with gay stuff. Actually mmenzie could have been much smarter if he had been gay, as gay people are more socially developed.

fail,
Top Bottom