• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
So just vaped about a gram out of my solo, I have never eever vaped before in my life i actually found this site by accident when i was on grass city but was always intrigued by vapes but anways. The solo it self is an awesome unit and i already know its going to be perfect for my portable needs 100% which its made for so i already am happy wioth my purchase but damn I need a pvhes or something for my glass pipe. I thought id have a good set up with the stock stem nd a 14m to 18 adapter but sadly i was wrong and barely have used the solo with my water tool.

I see all the 18mm pvhes are out of stock on pv so is the solo ground gong the same thing? By the way I find the air flow with these stock stems perfectly fine imo, ive been looking around the thread for weeks and the whole milkshake sipping idea is great and produces really nice vapor.

If you have no problem with the airflow, then the PV GonG should be fine. I was under the impression reading your post, however that you had airflow issues until you mentioned otherwise. Your stock stem should work fine with your reducer for vaporbonging. I'm unclear as to whether you tried it or not.

I prefer the PVHES FWIW (we are degrading into a society of acronyms, sadly). I also have the non-HES GonG at was happy with it, but the PVHES is better IMO.

:peace:

Stu,

Malloy1

Idk just cant seem to get a solid rip from the stem hooked into the adapter. its all wobbly and uncomfortable and even when i start to pull bud falls thru the holes bc i have no screen so it just seem like im lossing bud and id rather just use it w.o a pipe till i can get a pvhes. I also hope my card will work in canada idk thoguh my bank is annoying so if thats the case, does anyone have a pvhes gong laying around? Or could someone have one shipped and ill pay u through pay pal to ship it to me

Malloy1,

mr_

Try getting a better seal, my Solo will milk my 12" tube with ease

.5" stainless steel screens are also needed

If you cant get a good enough seal, go to home depot and get a 3/8" rubber grommet

I've been using the stock stems since April and they provide more than enough airflow so I haven't bothered with other stems

It also fits perfectly into my 14mm gong bowl opening in my tube, and I use the grommet with my bubbler

mr_,
Reactions: smokum

Malloy1

Got better results using the straight stem into my adapt but the problem i have is my adapter is messed up but my 15' stemline was just milked twice by the solo i cant wait til i either get a new adapt or pvhes and yesss im dying for screens

by the way should i be inserting my stems then setting my temp or waiting for it to heat up>?

???

mod note: Three consecutive posts merged. Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Also, a post consisting of just ??? contains no significant content and is against the rules.

Malloy1,
by the way should i be inserting my stems then setting my temp or waiting for it to heat up>?

My process: I turn my Solo on, fill my gong stem and insert it into my water pipe. Once the Solo is up to temp I put it on the stem/bubbler and allow heat to soak the biomass for at least 45 seconds. Remove Solo after each use. This works best for a drawn out session.

You can insert the stem first and let it come to temp - hell you can leave it in the whole session. Nice clouds, but sessions seem to go by so much faster.

MrNorml

So just vaped about a gram out of my solo, I have never eever vaped before in my life i actually found this site by accident when i was on grass city but was always intrigued by vapes but anways. The solo it self is an awesome unit and i already know its going to be perfect for my portable needs 100% which its made for so i already am happy wioth my purchase but damn I need a pvhes or something for my glass pipe. I thought id have a good set up with the stock stem nd a 14m to 18 adapter but sadly i was wrong and barely have used the solo with my water tool.

I see all the 18mm pvhes are out of stock on pv so is the solo ground gong the same thing? By the way I find the air flow with these stock stems perfectly fine imo, ive been looking around the thread for weeks and the whole milkshake sipping idea is great and produces really nice vapor.
I have no problems with the stock straight stem with screen with vinyl tubing at the end going into my glassware. Very simple, no problems. No adapter needed beyond tubing.

MrNorml,

kigrass

Frederick,
Lovely videos, I really appreciate the list of materials as it is an education for me not knowing anything about glass.
You can really see the different effects of the glass. On some glass it looks like you cannot get enough 'pull' from your 'duo',
is this also what you found? What would you suggest as the best glass capable for what a solo is able to output?
thanks for the videos, very cool.
K.

kigrass,
Reactions: CHIDOY

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Love your video!
Can you post the list of the necessary adapters?
I couldn't write fast enough while it was scrolling.
My setup is 2 solos, each with a 14mm GonG stem from planetvape.
I put them in a 14mm Y adapter from Planetvape. I remove the cap off one of the solos otherwise they don't fit properly.
For my 18mm pieces I use a 14-18mm low profile adapter on the Y adapter.

On some glass it looks like you cannot get enough 'pull' from your 'duo',
is this also what you found? What would you suggest as the best glass capable for what a solo is able to output?
thanks for the videos, very cool.
K.
I find tht duo setup to give me a pretty good draw, the vapor gets kinda wispy in the collection video because that was only 1 load in each stem, for the whole video.
I like a relatively small piece for use with the solo.
I used to have a toro microverter that I really liked pairing up with the solo. I ended up selling it to another member, and he doesn't like how it pairs with the solo :shrug:
I mainly use my solo with my custom Fishbone Space Hammer, which is another smaller piece.

With the PVHES stems though, I've recently been using it with my möbius matrix and it's been performing well.

A vape exhale hydratube is probably my current favourite piece of glass to pair with the solo.

Frederick McGuire,
Got better results using the straight stem into my adapt but the problem i have is my adapter is messed up but my 15' stemline was just milked twice by the solo i cant wait til i either get a new adapt or pvhes and yesss im dying for screens

???

mod note: Three consecutive posts merged. Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Also, a post consisting of just ??? contains no significant content and is against the rules.
You live in Canada. Just go to a headshop close to you and by some .5 screens.

VapeNStone,
Reactions: smokum

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
^^ just make sure to get the vape (fine mesh) screens!

smokum,

Armerad

Dabbin'
I do, and I know a few others (Vitolo for example) do also. I like that the GonGs are more stubby than stems and they feel a lot more robust and less fragile to me.

Do you use a 14mm or 18mm? I don't have any male 14mm joints to check, but an 18mm seems pretty fat for a mouthpiece.

Armerad,
Do you use a 14mm or 18mm? I don't have any male 14mm joints to check, but an 18mm seems pretty fat for a mouthpiece.

I have both. The 14mm is ideal, but I do usually use the 18. Its big, but certainly manageable and it just feels so damn sturdy. I don't worry about taking it out and about with me. It's also a really nice tight fit, more so than any of my other glass stems.

kingofnull,

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
I love my solo, but...... I don't know if I will buy it again when I see the high quality of some actual portable vaporizers...
The path of the air is it really safe in the solo ?

solo3.jpg

solo4.jpg

solo5.jpg

solo6.jpg

Plastic of very poor quality :
solo7.jpg

LeTchen,
Reactions: Egzoset

Armerad

Dabbin'
I have been using a steady supply of hash lately with my solo, using cotton to hold the hash and putting in a pinhead amount at a time.

Has anyone ever tried fully packing the stem with hash, and using the Solo as a vape which you preload with hash and then use for long periods without refilling? I'd try it myself but I don't want to have it all vaporize in one session and waste it.

Armerad,
I have been using a steady supply of hash lately with my solo, using cotton to hold the hash and putting in a pinhead amount at a time.

Has anyone ever tried fully packing the stem with hash, and using the Solo as a vape which you preload with hash and then use for long periods without refilling? I'd try it myself but I don't want to have it all vaporize in one session and waste it.

This past week I've been crumbling a little hash in with my flavours. I get a few more good hits than with just flowers.
I love my solo, but...... I don't know if I will buy it again when I see the high quality of some actual portable vaporizers...
The path of the air is it really safe in the solo ?

Air goes in through the vents at the top of the unit (and the microchannels of PVHE stems), not through the bottom of the unit.

kingofnull,

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
What in those pics concerns you about the air path?

Pictures 3 and 4.... I don't know how is it behind the steel cup...

Air goes in through the vents at the top of the unit (and the microchannels of PVHE stems), not through the bottom of the unit.

I know of course

LeTchen,

Armerad

Dabbin'
This past week I've been crumbling a little hash in with my flavours. I get a few more good hits than with just flowers.
I'm talking about a different type of hash. The hash I have is dark brown color which becomes soft at room temperature. I'm wondering about filling the bowl of the stem so that it is completely full of hash, and then vaporizing the same stem for a *long* period of time, like a hash oil pen.

Armerad,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use hash all of the time.
I put a small layer of herb to protect the screen from sticking.. add the hash, then add more weed to hold the hash in place, once the vaping commences.

I'm talking about a different type of hash. The hash I have is dark brown color which becomes soft at room temperature. I'm wondering about filling the bowl of the stem so that it is completely full of hash, and then vaporizing the same stem for a *long* period of time, like a hash oil pen.

I've put softer hash in too, I usually roll a small piece in some bud or flowers and still pack on a bed of bud.

kingofnull,
Top Bottom