• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

Yesterday I got my Solo, model 107. Upon opening the package the immediate thing that struck me was the prominent chemical smell from the vape and the glass tubes.
The glass tubes went into a pan with a boiling water for few hours and the smell is now gone.
With the vape the things didn’t go so easy. The toxic smell didn't go away even after a few hours of constant operation at 7. I was hoping that the break-in will reduce the smell and it did, but not as much so that I will stop dealing with it.
Today I have decided to take the vape apart and boil the heat chamber, but what I have seen inside caused me to regret that I bought this product.

First of all the heat chamber is made in awfully cheap way. There is this brown heat chamber casing that is made from god knows what, but I see that it is some type of glass fibers mixed with epoxy type adhesive. Also there is a white cement like glue right in the air path that glues the steel cup to the casing. The cement like glue is kinda sandy and crumby upon contact.

The worst thing that I have discovered is that the heat chamber casing has gotten darker (burnt) and I clearly see that it is melting from the heat. This is very worrying because I don’t like the idea of melted plastics and glues directly inside the vapor path.

Also I have discovered that the smell is not coming from a particular part, it is coming from all the parts. All the parts stink, the aluminum, the bottom battery casing and basically everything.

I bought this vape because of good reviews, but all the potheads didn't have enough brain to look inside, and neither do they had the sense of smell to notice the deadly toxic smell.
I must say that this vape does a great job at vaping, but this fact alone is not enough for me and I can’t live with the smell.
I am thinking about selling it, but wondering what can be bought instead, as this vape was an attractive choice because it is both mobile and can be operated with additional power unit that I got…

IMG_a0591.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_059a1.jpg

IMG_0591a.jpg

My recommendation is
DO NOT BUY
Well I'm going to go ahead and guess you didn't read this whole thread? Because if you did you would have seen that infact us "dumb potheads" did open it up and you would have read about the smell problem. Now I won't go into more detail seeing as how you like to insult instead of asking nicely. Only thing I'll tell you is READ THE THREAD! Because the answers to your questions are infact in here somewhere. Good Luck!

fail

No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member.
Well I'm going to go ahead and guess you didn't read this whole thread? Because if you did you would have seen that infact us "dumb potheads" did open it up and you would have read about the smell problem. Now I won't go into more detail seeing as how you like to insult instead of asking nicely. Only thing I'll tell you is READ THE THREAD! Because the answers to your questions are infact in here somewhere. Good Luck!

99% of this thread is off-topic shit posted by users like you and mmenzie.

Quoting my own posts with a message for the mods: Please consider starting to moderate the FC threads for off-topic. It has become impossible to read the threads. Posts like "Thank you", "me too"... or any post by mmenzie, should be withheld.

fail,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"

i stopped posting and you continue to attack me directly. do you find my silence an easy target??

i am not even going to sink to that level. so have a happy holidays.... hope your stockings are full of more than just coal this year

like i said before... i hope you have a happy holidays and happy new year but that is the only level i will sink to at this point and time during this festive season

mmenzie,
Reactions: Vitolo
The thread will get back on topic...
I just wrapped a piece of crumbly Sour Deisel Wax in a piece of cotton, and
vaped that bad boy for 25 minutes at #4 on my Solo.
Flavor City!
Love the Solo!
Please make the bad man go away!

I'm sure the topic will be cleaned up in short order ;).

And I just vaped a nearly full stem of Master Kush pollen. Face-meltingly good.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I went into my new fave head shop that has a pretty good selection of vapes...devoid of the usual shit. But he didn't have the Solo...tons of MFLB's and IO's. So I went in today to show it to him and tell him to carry it. He was taking notes and getting ready to look it up on gotvape...those guys (despite what we think of them here on this forum) really have distribution knocked in this industry. Then I whipped out the HI (maple) and the POD just to fuck with him (he'd never heard of a log vape before).

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
My new solo arrived today. I charged it until the flashing green light went steady but it won't heat properly. Turned it on, hit ^ a few times, red 'heating' flashes 3-4 times, lower 3 or 4 leds flash, 'beep' and poof, turns itself off. Recharge, rinse, repeat. I wonder if I have a bad battery pack - overcharge protection cutting in too early. Voltage was 8.7 IIRC when I unplugged it for a moment to see if that might reset the arizer - no change.
I've emailed the supplier on egay. Any other suggestions welcomed..

fubar,

kigrass

@ Fail, While I am somewhat supprise that you wind up a comunity of people who are here to help out in their own free time I sympathise with your issues. As said, you should really try and read the thread, it have most of the info you need to fix your issues. I am also wondering why you chose to take something apart whilst it is still under warranty. Surely the most sensible thing to do would be to return it...? anyhow, enough flogging of a dead horse. I cant really give out too much, I am having trouble reading 400+ pages but I am plodding through it slowly! Might I also suggest you give being a 'pothead' a go, it might lower your blood pressure a bit. Back to your issues, you might try and bake the top metal screw-in top of your solo, I think i read somewhere here that the paint used might be causing this nasty smell. Worth a try, search this thread for the temp used. Other than this if you find the smell really offensive then send it back if you still can now you have opened it and messed around with it.

To get back to the subject, I have noticed that when I used my straight stem it seems to widen the opening a big and this is why I now have a wobble with my bent stem. Not a biggie but those who have a too tight a fit might try using a different stem to help widen the opening. Just a thought. I might look into getting a washer to tighten the opening a bit as others here have done.

@Fubar, I read here that someone has what looked like battery issues and they ran their battery down completely and recharged it, this seemed to fix their problem. My issue with this is I also read that you should not run down a lipo battery completely as this affects the total charge of the battery. I personally think this is true as I never run down my R/C lipo batteries for this very same reason (I even have an audio warning for low battery on my quadcopter..). To be honest it sounds like you have a charging problem, can you mesure the output of your charger? If this is good then I would suspect the micro controller or the battery.
Speaking of batteries, I saw that the German site where I bought my solo is selling solo batteries (http://verdampftnochmal.de). I do not want to bang on about this site (and I am in no way connected with them) but they are the only ones I have found with a replacement battery. Feel free to edit if I am 'promoting' this site too much (I feel like I am anyhow!).
After reading your post Fubar, I took a closer look at my solo and notice that when I turn it on it will flash the idle green led once, then flash the no.7 led once then indicate the present temp. I am wondering if this second no.7 led flash is not an indication of the state of the micro controller. Does yours do this?
Sorry I cant be of more help,
K.

kigrass,

fubar

they ran their battery down completely and recharged it, this seemed to fix their problem.
ok - thanks - looks like I'm going to need to drain it down somehow - might go investigate something safe like a 12v automobile globe or an old fashioned monster wire wound resistor perhaps - 8 ohms should give me about 1A which is 8W or so if my addled old brain can remember those formulae...
I turn it on it will flash the idle green led once, then flash the no.7 led once then indicate the present temp. K.
I get #7, then all, then the temp (which is never more than #1) - no flash of green at all.
Sorry I cant be of more help,
K.
Thanks for the hint - I'll load the battery and drain it down - carefully (!)

fubar,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I don't have my solo(s) in front of me to check, but isn't it
1. (I cant remember the beginning of the sequence)
2. All 7 lights
3. Current batt level
4. Current temp

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: vorrange

kigrass

I seem to get a quick flash of the no.7 just before (might be after, dont have it in front of me)
the battery status. From memory, I push the 2 buttons and hold down until it flashes, then release.
Then I (think) get the no.7 flash, then battery level, then current temp.
@Fubar, you might want to check with the peeps you bought it off if running down the battery
is ok with them warranty wise. I would be careful in running down the battery, it might do more
harm than good. If it is still under warranty you might do best to send it back painful as this might be!
Also, when I am lazy I use this site for calculating watts and the like
http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/watt-volt-amp-calculator.htm
Off hand it is either the M-C or the battery holding a charge. The german site I mentioned sells the
replacement battery for about 25 Euros.
Do you have the pass through 'use' power brick? This would help trouble shoot and narrow down the
problem to either battery or M-C related. Either way if the battery or micro-controller is defect send
it back if you can.
K.

fubar

Do you have the pass through 'use' power brick?
K.
No - was planning on making sure I needed one first. Since the lipo is designed to push out a couple of amps, I can't see how a slower drain will hurt it any more than using it would?
It will go back to the supplier if a careful slow discharge doesn't fix it, but that means not having it for weeks - I'm a long way away and the silly season will soon slow all postal services down to a crawl.
Good thing I still have my trusty old dual digital hot box - it still does the job as long as it's plugged in...

fubar,
getting ready to look it up on gotvape...those guys (despite what we think of them here on this forum) really have distribution knocked in this industry.

Had to comment on this because you are so right. Every LHS owner I've suggested products to immediately navigates to GotVape.

My Solo is patiently awaiting its new 14mm PVHEGonG.

My stem collection grows!

edit: I was planning on posting a photo of my ridiculous collection of Solo stems, but I seem to be missing two of my four stock stems :cuss:. Not like I really used them anymore, but they help bulk up my stock :(

kingofnull,

kigrass

@fubar,
glad to hear you have a backup....
I would only be worried about the complete draining of the lipo.
From memory, lipos suffer (their full charge limit anyhow) from
a full drain. You should still be able to use it but you just wont get
as much out of it.
The silly season has already started here, idiots at work wearing
silly xmas hats and the like.. I am not allowed to set them on fire!
Good luck with the slow drain, keep us posted.
K.

kigrass,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
The thread will get back on topic...
I just wrapped a piece of crumbly Sour Deisel Wax in a piece of cotton, and
vaped that bad boy for 25 minutes at #4 on my Solo.
Flavor City!
Love the Solo!
Please make the bad man go away!

Can you pleaseeeee send me some vax labeled as shoes vax ? :D :D Wax + Sour Diesel ... the only way make it better is the East Coast Sour Diesel :D (Evergray)

I envy you... ! :)

m0sh,
Reactions: Vitolo
Who else is rocking a Solo power adapter (out of a matter of interest)?

It saved me from a bad bout of nausea this morning - Solo was nearly dead but I remembered the power adapter was plugged in. From desolation to sanctification in minutes.

edit: I may just want one of these for every room in the house :brow:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
What do u mean by rocking the power adapter, you have an adapter that charges while vaporizing?

m0sh,
Top Bottom