Arizer Solo

Bon Dog

well last summer a buddy of mine bought out my share of our bong (split it 50/50) but he is coming back into town and i want leverage (and a vape) so I'm going to get a vape and the solo sounds perfect :D

what about a 15in beaker with an 8 or 12 (can't remember) arm tree? its a hefty piece but i think it might be on the cusp

Bon Dog,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It may take some time to actually fill the thing, but I would assume that would be fine. Maybe if someone else who has used their solo with a tube of that size can chime in. (your tube doesn't sound all that much bigger than my black leaf 6 arm, and it handles that fine.)

Frederick McGuire,

Bon Dog

Frederick McGuire said:
It may take some time to actually fill the thing, but I would assume that would be fine. Maybe if someone else who has used their solo with a tube of that size can chime in. (your tube doesn't sound all that much bigger than my black leaf 6 arm, and it handles that fine.)

cool thanks... now i just need to find a way to set aside $170 lol

Bon Dog,

Spezialemic

Does anyone have a vapecase for their solo? I wanna get one, but I'd love to get second opinions if there are any to be had.

Spezialemic,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Spezialemic said:
Does anyone have a vapecase for their solo? I wanna get one, but I'd love to get second opinions if there are any to be had.

Rufrothy has listed a bunch of alternatives in the Vaporpedia entry.

Edited to add...

D'oh! I type too slowly.

pakalolo,

MrNorml

Spezialemic said:
Works very well.

MrNorml,

MrNorml

stickstones said:
MrNorml said:
shadyonedeath said:
If my m106 takes about 3-4 minutes to heat up to 4, and the glass stem moves around loosely/falls when its heated, is that under warranty to upgrade it to m107?

I feel like the Teflon ring has become looser...it used to sit well when I first got it, now it just wiggles around/slides out easily.

That sounds like a functioning unit. What would the claim of breached warranty be? You're comparing different versions, different models, of the Solo. Each has its own characteristics, benefits and probably flaws as well. Like saying a 2012 Mustang has differences from a 2011 so you want the new stuff. Just doesn't seem to me that your unit isn't working from what you mentioned.

through email, arizer informed me that there is no difference in the units with different model numbers (other than the change from ceramic to SS), just batch numbers. But I keep seeing user reports here of differences. Are the sample sizes of the reports here large enough to say that there is indeed a difference between a M105, M106, M107, etc? Are they really different or do we just have a couple of instances where a single user noticed a subjective difference in model numbers?

Anyone feel free to answer...not trying to pick on MrNorml, but I've been waiting for all the mod changes to happen before I take the plunge and wonder if we are close.

Neither of my 105 units has any 'ring' or device to hold the glass in. I understood differences in the set temperatures, apparently heating time also. So they do not seem to be identical in all but numbers, and if those aren't model numbers ... well I believe they are just that.

MrNorml,

Steve240sx

The vapecase looks awesome, my only concern is the size... the solo is already smaller than I was expecting it to be, but with the charger it makes that case quite sizeable..

I was in futureshop the other day just trying to stuff my solo and the mouthpiece in any camera case that looked like it would fit. I couldnt find anything that was to my specific needs/liking though...Its gotta have a cord to be carried around your neck too.:2c:

Steve240sx,

Spezialemic

The size doesn't really bother me at all. I want a place I can keep all the parts safely together, especially when camping during the summer. I was only concerned about durability and build quality cause someone earlier said that they were cheap, although he didn't actually own one. The pictures on the website also made the plastic look sorta cheap. If everyone who has one likes it though, I'll probably order one this week.

Spezialemic,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Spezialemic said:
The size doesn't really bother me at all. I want a place I can keep all the parts safely together, especially when camping during the summer. I was only concerned about durability and build quality cause someone earlier said that they were cheap, although he didn't actually own one. The pictures on the website also made the plastic look sorta cheap. If everyone who has one likes it though, I'll probably order one this week.

if you're concerned about the quality you might consider the pelican cases linked in the FAQ. Very high quality and they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.... The foam is removable in 1" cubes so it makes customizing the case easy and they cost less than the vape case as well. Unconditionally Guaranteed forever! Mil tested blah blah blah....

http://www.pelican-case.com/1150.html

That said both the vape case and the cigar caddy are plenty sturdy IMO.

ru_frothi,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I got the case with my Solo, it measures about 5x8x3 roughly, and does not seem that big to me. I have not had it long enough to know how functional it is, but I am glad to have it for all the parts to stay safe together. $45 is a little pricy and I am sure there are other cases that will work, but this one is a good size and is airtight.

jambandphan03,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
FTW, i use my iolite case once again. to serve as a holder for the solo, 1 stem...and thats bout fuckn it. but its for car rides, cause my VW has those lobster claw cupholders, so the solo is too skinny to be in there without flying out, zip the iolite case around the solo with the stem in there, and it just looks like a coozie with a straw stickn out, now that its nice and fat and squishy, it holds well in the cupholder, when im done, take the stem out, throw it in the case and zip it up, now its a sunglasses case ;)

Xchadb,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
here is my vape case, i love it! i only carry the smelly stuff in it most of the time.
p1303038.jpg

ilovebOObs,

thecragus

Here's my "water set-up" from parts around the house....

Four hole solo stem -> small section of 7thAve. green tubing -> illadelph Glass Volcano adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QNG2RA/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/...illadelph-glass-vape-adapter-14-mm-rasta.html

This shows the stem not inserted well enough, it has to go in about another inch into the tubing. Which I have done since this picture was taken.

It works quite well.....just be sure to wet the solo stem before inserting into the tube (it slides in much more easily).

The other glass was locally made.

thecragus,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Both of my stems on my M105 stainless steel bowl are loose. I was thinking of ordering a couple of spares to see if I could find a better fit. Not sure if this is normal or not.

jambandphan03,

vape4life

Banned for life
m107 all 3 stems tight (after much use). So far the unit performs perfectly. It's awesome for a portable, yet don't understand how an EQ can collect dust over this. I still don't think it can deliver the clouds the EQ can, not even close.

vape4life,

Bon Dog

ilovebOObs said:
here is my vape case, i love it! i only carry the smelly stuff in it most of the time.
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3171/p1303038.jpg

If u want something that can keep ALL smell in, a cheap cigar humidifier. it looks just ilke the solo cases on here but it is for cigars. just take out the some inside and put in foam that u have cut to fit what u wana carry. works like a charm i used to do it to carry my pipes... dude u can have the smelliest shit in the work and none leaks

Bon Dog,

shadyonedeath

dunno if its just my solo, my screen, or me...but ive noticed its not pumping out much vapor anymore after 4-5 hits. Its like the top layer of bud isnt getting browned.

shadyonedeath,

Bon Dog

shadyonedeath said:
dunno if its just my solo, my screen, or me...but ive noticed its not pumping out much vapor anymore after 4-5 hits. Its like the top layer of bud isnt getting browned.

u might try changing out/cleaning your screen... it might be getting blocked up and not allowing enough airflow

Bon Dog,

Pcpvapors

I notice a lot of you have the new 106+ models with the SS bowls, anyone still have a ceramic going strong?

Pcpvapors,
Top Bottom