Arizer Solo

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Thanks MattyGTwenty3, but if you meant that for me, not sure I can wait...

I've been waiting for the stealthvape for almost 3 weeks now, and you know how long people waited (or are still waiting) for the cloud.

"Right around the corner" sometimes turns into a year :/

sessnet,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
MattyG, you're an asset to FC IMO. You often pop up with either some useful information, like this, or sensible logic to help quell the drama that occasionally develops. Anyway I've though it a few times now, and after seeing yet another helpful post I've spoken [/love-fest]

WatTyler,

MG23

Relaxin'
WatTyler said:
MattyG, you're an asset to FC IMO. You often pop up with either some useful information, like this, or sensible logic to help quell the drama that occasionally develops. Anyway I've though it a few times now, and after seeing yet another helpful post I've spoken [/love-fest]

Haha thanks brother, I always enjoy reading your posts as well!

MG23,

RobbyGhb

My M107 came, only ran two 12 minute cycles on 7, no smell before/after. The stems that came with it didn't want to fit at first, i shaved some of the O ring off, heated it up and jammed the stem in there. Now it can move a bit but won't fall out. Loading up some bud as we speak, will report back on that aspect.

Side note: Love this site, read this entire thread after deciding i wanted a solo. Lots of good info and educated people on FC.

RobbyGhb,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
My M107 came, first task was a bowl (no burn in first).

The herb tasted WAY BETTER than I've tasted it before - off any other vape thus far!!

Works A+++. Super small and handy, can hold a lot!

I can see the future of the Solo will be in the stems...I wouldn't mind something more durable than just glass. There's a lot of knowledge here to read, and a lot of stuff that can be done with this!

P.S.
When I first used this is reminded me of my eterra. It's basically a log vape?

sessnet,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Sessnet: Yes the solo tastes great and hits like a champ. glad you like it. Its an easy vape to use.

no, no one here yet replaced a battery (or at least that they have posted).

ru_frothi,

2clicker

Observer
how long can the solo be left on? when its plugged in... can it be left on for hours at a time or is that going to damage the battery?

i ask because im looking for something smaller for home use. something to replace my DBV for everyday use, but i want to be able to plug it in, heat it up, and have it on all day so its ready whenever. it will get turned off at night. can a plugged in solo handle this without problems?

2clicker,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
2clicker said:
how long can the solo be left on? when its plugged in... can it be left on for hours at a time or is that going to damage the battery?

i ask because im looking for something smaller for home use. something to replace my DBV for everyday use, but i want to be able to plug it in, heat it up, and have it on all day so its ready whenever. it will get turned off at night. can a plugged in solo handle this without problems?

Shuts off after 10-12 minutes just like on battery.

Sinclue,

pecosthecat

I don't think this should really be an issue. I normally to start sessions off on the solo at number 4 and my unit (M106) heats up from cold in about a minute or slightly less.

2clicker said:

pecosthecat,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
MattyGTwenty3 said:
vape4life said:
Planet Vape has the best customer service I think i've ever experienced. Got a bunch of free goodies and their communication is superb! Got a heads up on GonG adapters (both 14 and 18mm and I think carbed, or both), new high efficiency smaller bowl stem, and some other new accessories inc. one that apparently is gonna be a Solo gamer changer! (for stealth i think). Keep your eyes out on their site, the GonG is right around the corner.

Just gonna repost this for anyone that may have missed it...

Thanks for your kind words and support vape4life and MattyGTwenty3. Please watch our Supporting Retailers thread http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=6436 for announcements.

Peace and Love,
PlanetVape

PlanetHaze,

shadyonedeath

If my m106 takes about 3-4 minutes to heat up to 4, and the glass stem moves around loosely/falls when its heated, is that under warranty to upgrade it to m107?

I feel like the Teflon ring has become looser...it used to sit well when I first got it, now it just wiggles around/slides out easily.

shadyonedeath,

shadyonedeath

LOL man i wish i knew how delicate this thing was...was opening it up following the "airflow mod" to see why my straw was loose/falling out, not knowing out m106 don't need it....and man, I already broke a tab from my solo. What the hell is this part made of? It broke off like cardboard!

IMG_0011.jpg

Also, when putting it back together, this leg broke off and now just spins! LOL !! What the hell man? How do you make a product without the strength to withhold its own screw torque? Wasn't even hard to break it, was casually turning the screw and it just snapped and kept spinning.

IMG_0008.jpg

fck me...:mad: Not saying this thing is cheap, but fck, i wish there was a disclaimer for how DELICATE and soft the internals are!!!

shadyonedeath,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
SESS- no lie....how dope is the solo? i got the 105, straight and bent stems 4 holes, ss bow that vapes great even on just setting 3. everything go good with puffitup?

Xchadb,

MrNorml

shadyonedeath said:
If my m106 takes about 3-4 minutes to heat up to 4, and the glass stem moves around loosely/falls when its heated, is that under warranty to upgrade it to m107?

I feel like the Teflon ring has become looser...it used to sit well when I first got it, now it just wiggles around/slides out easily.

That sounds like a functioning unit. What would the claim of breached warranty be? You're comparing different versions, different models, of the Solo. Each has its own characteristics, benefits and probably flaws as well. Like saying a 2012 Mustang has differences from a 2011 so you want the new stuff. Just doesn't seem to me that your unit isn't working from what you mentioned.

MrNorml,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Buenas noches y buenos das :) I was wondering the net for hard cases, since to read 184 pages again to find a case looks to me ridiculous, and some members of this forum get really mad with new people that ask questions ( I wonder if those members were knowing everything about life since they were born :) cheers for that and thanks we have smart people in this world). Ok, enough talk, cut the cheese to the point,

http://www.pelican-case.com/1150.html

There are many more, in cigar cases like Cigar Kady or Caddy or etc. Just search, and sorry that my search ended in a gun related site, I don't support guns, wars or violence, but those Pelicans things are worth a look.
Screw Vape Case, almost $45 for cheap plastic, those gun hard cases are the real deal. But again, how screwed we are when the best solutions for our everyday life come from gun/war related sites :(
Have a nice day and I hope this helps someone.

p.d: sorry if the link is not really linked, but it's something else to add so people can complaint against newbies :)

Zangano Cruel,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
MrNorml said:
shadyonedeath said:

That sounds like a functioning unit. What would the claim of breached warranty be? You're comparing different versions, different models, of the Solo. Each has its own characteristics, benefits and probably flaws as well. Like saying a 2012 Mustang has differences from a 2011 so you want the new stuff. Just doesn't seem to me that your unit isn't working from what you mentioned.

through email, arizer informed me that there is no difference in the units with different model numbers (other than the change from ceramic to SS), just batch numbers. But I keep seeing user reports here of differences. Are the sample sizes of the reports here large enough to say that there is indeed a difference between a M105, M106, M107, etc? Are they really different or do we just have a couple of instances where a single user noticed a subjective difference in model numbers?

Anyone feel free to answer...not trying to pick on MrNorml, but I've been waiting for all the mod changes to happen before I take the plunge and wonder if we are close.

stickstones,

MG23

Relaxin'
shadyonedeath said:
Anyone drop their SOLO often? I've probably dropped mine 3-4 times onto hard tile/concrete..a scratch/scrape here or there but should I be worried? How durable is the solo?

Think this might have something to do with how "delicate" your unit's internals were?

Haven't heard of any other Solos with internal parts snapping off through (assumingly) careful disassembly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Stickstones, the way I understand it they have been making small changes and refinements all throughout the process and the model numbers aren't meant to be indicative of specific changes, merely a batch number. For example the later M105s have the refined teflon O-Ring and the earlier M105s don't.

MG23,
Top Bottom