Arizer Solo

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
MattyGTwenty3 said:
shadyonedeath said:
Anyone drop their SOLO often? I've probably dropped mine 3-4 times onto hard tile/concrete..a scratch/scrape here or there but should I be worried? How durable is the solo?

Think this might have something to do with how "delicate" your unit's internals were?

Haven't heard of any other Solos with internal parts snapping off through (assumingly) careful disassembly.

EDIT: Stickstones, the way I understand it they have been making small changes and refinements all throughout the process and the model numbers aren't meant to be indicative of specific changes, merely a batch number. For example the later M105s have the refined teflon O-Ring and the earlier ones don't.

yep and the software controlling the heater has been tweaked. and some components in the charger have changed, the stems changed. They evolved the vtower for years into the EQ 4.0. Current M106 and M107's seem to be dialed in though. 0 issues with mine. The main complaint has been the smell issue which no one has complained about lately so maybe they have finally gotten that dialed out. again these are changes announced frrom Kevin at arizer in emails to me. I've posted the contents previously.

Its by far my favorite vape. Other than the omicron its the only thing that gets used anymore. The EQ is now collecting dust along with the MFLB, Vapolutiom, and the EZ-Vape and has been for the last 6 months. love my solo's.

and thanks Zangano for the cool link. I've added this to the wiki so that poor folks don't have to read 184 pages. I also added a bunch of other content recently and am just getting started on this entry.

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Solo#Carrying_Cases

ru_frothi,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Xchadb said:
SESS- no lie....how dope is the solo? i got the 105, straight and bent stems 4 holes, ss bow that vapes great even on just setting 3. everything go good with puffitup?

Thanks Xchadb! The SOLO is the ultimate Vape! I will need some time to recuperate from last night ;)

Puffitup were awesome - and threw in a super nice 4 piece metallic grinder in a bag, and 2 ABV(?) containers. Everything was brand new - the m107 had no smell or anything!

I started on 4...the ABV came out darker than I've been used to for a while. Sort of a deep brown.

So I tried 3...and pretty good, lighter (but still dark) brown...

So I tried 2 and it still came out pretty dark - but worked super nice!

I think the 1 setting will do it for me - I couldn't test it because it simply kicked my ass.

I weighed what I put in about at .08. About 4 stems (.25) kicked my ass hard!!

Super efficient! I love this thing...

Thank you everyone for your help and patience!

sessnet,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
sessnet said:
Xchadb said:
SESS- no lie....how dope is the solo? i got the 105, straight and bent stems 4 holes, ss bow that vapes great even on just setting 3. everything go good with puffitup?

Thanks Xchadb! The SOLO is the ultimate Vape! I will need some time to recuperate from last night ;)

Puffitup were awesome - and threw in a super nice 4 piece metallic grinder in a bag, and 2 ABV(?) containers. Everything was brand new - the m107 had no smell or anything!

I started on 4...the ABV came out darker than I've been used to for a while. Sort of a deep brown.

So I tried 3...and pretty good, lighter (but still dark) brown...

So I tried 2 and it still came out pretty dark - but worked super nice!

I think the 1 setting will do it for me - I couldn't test it because it simply kicked my ass.

I weighed what I put in about at .08. About 4 stems (.25) kicked my ass hard!!

Super efficient! I love this thing...

Thank you everyone for your help and patience!

1 wont work. Its 50c for aroma therapy. 2 is the lowest real vape setting.

and yes the solo cooks your herb and extracts in very well. would love to hear more thoughts as it compares to the thermovape as you spend more time with both units.

ru_frothi,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I tried the aromatherapy cup that it came with, I had some sacred blue lotus.

I turned it up all the way to 7 - and left it for about 5 min - nothing!! I guess that whole part is a scam? I was trying to pass it off as something for the house - to my girlfriend :p

Not sure I can ever compare the ThermoVape and the Solo since they are so different. The Solo reminds me of my eterra (the original log vape), but it can hold a lot! The Solo seems like the ultimate log vape - one that can hold MORE.

The ThermoVape is easy to carry and use on the go, but I don't think I will be needing it anymore at home. Plus the ThermoVape herb cart NEEDS dry material. With the Solo - it seems like it wouldn't care if the material is dry, or freshly picked - since it has tons of power.

On the go, I try to use my ThermoVape Revolution, since it can hold more and last longer than the regular herb cart. It's nice to have something concentrated, and compact (one piece)! For me, the batteries last a day, or more, with the Revolution.

However - nothing yet has compared with the freshness of a pungent new "batch" - freshly vaped out of the Solo. :D

sessnet,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
thanks guys.

I kind of figured the story from Arizer wasn't complete...I got stalled at the front line. I'm much more interested in what Kevin had to say than the lady responding to my email.

stickstones,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Can anyone recommend a U.S. store that carries the M107? I've tried VN, VW, and GV and all had the M106. It may be essentially the same unit, but I'm OCD that way.

GReYAReA,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Puff it up has m107's - got mine yesterday - there's a discount code, and they gave me an awesome free grinder!

EDIT: I remember reading (and seeing a picture) in this thread that m107 still have a m106 label...puff it up assured me theirs are m107's.

sessnet,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
sessnet said:
Puff it up has m107's - got mine yesterday - there's a discount code, and they gave me an awesome free grinder!

EDIT: I remember reading (and seeing a picture) in this thread that m107 still have a m106 label...puff it up assured me theirs are m107's.

That is strange. Some guy just answered and told me they had 106, and as far as he knew then didn't make a 107? Thanks for the recommendation though!

GReYAReA,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
I've continued to work the phones/email and have yet to find someone that says they have an M107. I'm starting to wonder if this is just a myth... Please, someone find me a 107. I just wanna buy the darn thing already.

Thanks guys...

GReYAReA,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
you can AIM puffitup from their website - they got back to me within 10 min.

Their description also says: "This is the newest version with the Stainless Steel chamber."

sessnet,

shadyonedeath

MattyGTwenty3 said:
shadyonedeath said:
Anyone drop their SOLO often? I've probably dropped mine 3-4 times onto hard tile/concrete..a scratch/scrape here or there but should I be worried? How durable is the solo?

Think this might have something to do with how "delicate" your unit's internals were?

Haven't heard of any other Solos with internal parts snapping off through (assumingly) careful disassembly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Stickstones, the way I understand it they have been making small changes and refinements all throughout the process and the model numbers aren't meant to be indicative of specific changes, merely a batch number. For example the later M105s have the refined teflon O-Ring and the earlier M105s don't.

I don't think dropping it would have snapped those screw towers/legs. It wasn't spinning when it was unscrewed.

Whatever, it still works. Just disappointed my o-ring doesn't hold the stem secure anymore.

shadyonedeath,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Yeah, it is strange. Every store I tried, including those listed above, all said 106 or lower. I know 106 is SS not ceramic, but I really want the latest. I figure any improvements, newer battery whatever. its newer.

I sent an email to Arizer. I'll just order it from Canada if I have to. If anyone comes across a U.S. store that has one confirmed in the mean time let me know.

Thanks all.

GReYAReA,

VapeVoice

Hey guys. I just joined the forums and look forward to being a part of the community. I wanted to thank you all for your input. I originally bought a cheap box vape from a head shop a few years back and hated it. Gave up on vaping for another 2 years. Last year I had an idea that if they make E-cigs why can't they do the same for other herbs ;)? Thus I came across the Magic Flight Launch Box. While i do use it when I am visiting family, going to theme parks, watching movies, etc. I always got ripped before hand and used the MFLB to keep my levels so to speak and found it best suited for this purpose and thus continued smoking regularly. I have been having respiratory problems lately and I know I have to quit combustion. I have small kids I want to see grow up. Well thanks to you guys and this forum I decided to buy an Arizer Solo. Got my M105 in the mail a couple days ago. I can honestly say that thanks to this GREAT product I don't think I will ever have a need to combust again! I honestly can't thank everyone here enough for your diligence and opinions. I think my kids would thank you as well!

VapeVoice,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
GReYAReA said:
I've continued to work the phones/email and have yet to find someone that says they have an M107. I'm starting to wonder if this is just a myth... Please, someone find me a 107. I just wanna buy the darn thing already.

Thanks guys...

PlanetVape has the M107

ru_frothi,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
rufrothy said:
GReYAReA said:

Thanks guys...

PlanetVape has the M107

Sry.. I'll check. Hopefully they have a coupon for shipping to U.S.

GReYAReA,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
rufrothy wrote:

GReYAReA wrote:

Thanks guys...

PlanetVape has the M107

Sry.. I'll check. Hopefully they have a coupon for shipping to U.S.

****coupon code FCLOVE15 should get you a 15% discount from PlanetVape...****

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
This thing rocks!! Mine says M105 but it has the stainless steel heat chamber and 4 hole stems. I did notice a bit of "electronic" smell when it was first heating up, so I cranked it up to 7 and let it sit for a few mins, then backed it down to 4, the smell seemed to go away. It works really well!! My only real complaint so far is my stems are super loose. They swivel around when I move it. If I were to tip it, they would just fall out. Is there anything that can be done about that?
I love the feel and the size is a bit smaller than I expected. I have only had one session, but I am pretty dang happy so far. :p

jambandphan03,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
rufrothy-

nothing touches the thermovape rev, besides the omicron. but for concentrate

so think of it this way for herbs, the solo.....nothing even comes close to it. Me n the friends actually think it hits better than the EQ, esp for the vaporbong setup.

Xchadb,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Xchadb said:
rufrothy-

nothing touches the thermovape rev, besides the omicron. but for concentrate

so think of it this way for herbs, the solo.....nothing even comes close to it. Me n the friends actually think it hits better than the EQ, esp for the vaporbong setup.

i agree my EQ collects dust. vaporbong works great.

JamBandPhan: There isn't anything you can do about loose stems. Even the new tighter stem units get looser with use but still tighter than my M104. There is some variation among stems but not too much.

ru_frothi,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
OK, thanks rufrothy. I might just order a few spares and see if any of them fit better, good to have around anyway.

jambandphan03,

Bon Dog

Hey guys i was just wondering about what size bong would be best for a solo? iv read that 100ml EHLE is the 'best' for vaping but (i would expect) the solo isn't as powerful as allot of the popular desktop vapes that are highly reviewed on this site

Bon Dog,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
IMO the solo can milk up a bong just as well as a ssv...
It just does it differently.

I like the 100ml EHLE, but it's a bit small for everyday use for me.
I love it as a travel bong though.
The 250ml is in the same price range and is a bit better for general use for me.

I wouldn't worry about the power of the solo though, I've used mine with:
Rx industries 14 inch beaker,
Syn 11 inch mini beaker,
Black leaf 11 inch beaker w 6 arm tree perc,
EHLE 100 & 250 ml straight tubes,
7th floor 6 arm tree, blaze 11arm tree ash catchers with Sherlock arm,
Weed star double showerhead bubbler

It hits all of these fine, so unless you've got a monster tube, I'd say the solo can handle it.

I love the blaze 11 arm a/c with a 7th floor Sherlock arm for the solo.
Its pretty compact so it can be put in a bag (I always wrap it in bubble wrap when taking it somewhere) with the solo quite easily.

Frederick McGuire,
Top Bottom