Arizer Solo

sessnet

Noob Saibot
It's portable... minus the fact that the glass can melt right through your skin when it is hot.

I don't think this is the right vape to bring with you everywhere, maybe only in certain contained out-of-the-house situations.

sessnet,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
I ordered one from my local store, VW. It turns out to be an M105, one of the stainless steel models. I can still return it. What do you guys think? Would you keep it or go through the trouble of a return to get a106 or 107?

GReYAReA,

Lefthook

VapoMiner
shadyonedeath said:
dunno if its just my solo, my screen, or me...but ive noticed its not pumping out much vapor anymore after 4-5 hits. Its like the top layer of bud isnt getting browned.

had this issue also so installed and 2nd screen to keep the bud slightly lifted of the hot SS plate and it works a treat and airflow is alot better.

Lefthook,

Bon Dog

jambandphan03 said:
I could not get your link to work, but I did a quick google search on glass 306 drip tips, and the ones that came up looked pretty large. The one I have fits the inner diameter of the stem.

you should post a vid hitting it with the tips in... I'm really interested to see the difference. if you could take a few hit with and without that would be great!

Bon Dog,

VapeVoice

GReYAReA said:
I ordered one from my local store, VW. It turns out to be an M105, one of the stainless steel models. I can still return it. What do you guys think? Would you keep it or go through the trouble of a return to get a106 or 107?

I got an M105 last week and I absolutely love it! Haven't smoked once since. I'd stick with it man, its an incredible unit!

VapeVoice,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
sessnet said:
The Solo is insane. It basically has stopped my search for any other vape.

I am able to carry mine around. Just the solo in my pocket, and a straight stem in one of these (from thermovape):

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0106/8282/products/empty_soda_tube_1.jpg?1935?1329143570440

Although, I would like to find something slimmer, probably a regular cigar case will do...

Anyone else take their Solo to go?

So that tube can fit a straight solo stem? Can you purchase it separately from thermovape? I could use a few of these!

aesthyrian,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Yup! only $1.49 link

It's not super loose, but not super tight either. Decent fit.

The plastic is sturdy as hell.

Plus it looks pretty dam awesome.

You still need to use a stem cap, because some jostling can knock out the stuff in the bowl if you pre-pack.

Keeping my eyes peeled for something smaller or cheaper, but not sure if anything beats this.

sessnet,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Lefthook said:
shadyonedeath said:
dunno if its just my solo, my screen, or me...but ive noticed its not pumping out much vapor anymore after 4-5 hits. Its like the top layer of bud isnt getting browned.

had this issue also so installed and 2nd screen to keep the bud slightly lifted of the hot SS plate and it works a treat and airflow is alot better.

Are you saying you stuck a screen down into the SS bowl? I had thought about doing that, but wasn't sure it would make any difference. Please explain....

jambandphan03,

shadyonedeath

jambandphan03 said:
Lefthook said:
shadyonedeath said:

Are you saying you stuck a screen down into the SS bowl? I had thought about doing that, but wasn't sure it would make any difference. Please explain....
lol no, in the stem.

shadyonedeath,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Bon Dog said:
hey jambandphan did you see my post above about vids?
Yes I saw your request, I might be able to pull something together later on. What exactly are you looking for in a video?

jambandphan03,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Ah, that got me thinking.

The mouth pieceof one of these fit's quite nicely and is a big improvement on the glass.

dscf0478u.jpg
dscf0479dv.jpg

WatTyler,
Reactions: $un

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
dropped the galaxy tab :( shattered it completely

htc evo view 4g tablet in the mail :D so as soon as i get it, ill be shootin some more solo vids, but this time in 720p! :D

Xchadb,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Alright, here is a short vid of me hitting the Solo w/drip tip. It was a fresh load, so it took a couple of pulls to get it going. I have only had this for 2 days, so I am still figuring out my technique. I have been setting it on 4. M105 stainless steel model. I may not be blowing out huge clouds but this thing gets me fully medicated. Probably good for stealth to not have billowing clouds IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmpnE655NJs&feature=youtu.be

Still having very fond feelings for this vaporizer... :)

jambandphan03,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Thanks jambandphan03! I just bought one of the ones you suggested. :)

I know your stem is loose, and I feel sorry for your finger holding it there. Does the glass ever get too hot there? I burned myself a little but it was further down...

sessnet,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was actually holding the Solo a little different so I could hold it up to the camera, and show the size of it in my hand, I don't usually hold it like that, I usually press the rubber stopper into the stem to keep it from moving while I hit it. So far I have only come close to burning myself after removing the stem, and grazing across the bowl while it was still hot. I could see that being a disadvantage if you were trying to carry it in your pocket on the go. One of the things I like about the Solo is how the body doesn't seem to get too hot to hold while it's running. Granted, I am a bit of a light weight, so I don't leave it running for more than a couple of loads so I have not seen how hot this thing can get after a long session, or at higher temps than 4. Hopefully one of the new stems I just ordered from PlanetVape will fit more snug and not swing around... probably have them by the end of the week.

jambandphan03,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Nice. So glad you, and others, love your Solo, I love it too!

I can't wait til some new stems come out.

In the meantime I bought a Vaper Tamer ($29)

wholesale_pics_5_of_6_.jpg

It cools down the vapor.
I am reading back to see how other may have used it - might just need a small slice of tubing to connect it.

EDIT:
This is McNerdius set up - as in post #1864:

solotamer.png

Supposedly fits right over it!

sessnet,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
That looks good, a little big, might be better if you are running a long tube. I would try to make mine more hands free if the stem fit more snug so I didn't yank it out by accident. My ABV looks nice an evenly toasted, but not at all burned. A golden brown.

jambandphan03,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Xchadb said:
dropped the galaxy tab :( shattered it completely

htc evo view 4g tablet in the mail :D so as soon as i get it, ill be shootin some more solo vids, but this time in 720p! :D

What are you doing with the broken gtab? I bet you can buy just a replacement screen! sounds like a fun project.

darkrom,

cycleb

Just had a horrible experience. Was pleasantly vaping, 12 minute beep went off, reset it, and it won't heat up. Completely recharged it, and it still won't heat. The only thing different I can think of was that i was using the external power adapter. It had been working, now nothing, agghhh.....
Any ideas? Sent an email out to the distributor, but won't hear back 'til tomorrow.

cycleb,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Oh, that's no good, sorry to hear it, which model do you have, how long have you been using it with the plug in adapter?

jambandphan03,

cycleb

jambandphan03 said:
Oh, that's no good, sorry to hear it, which model do you have, how long have you been using it with the plug in adapter?
It's an M105, and I'd only run a couple of cycles with the adapter.:/

cycleb,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
sessnet said:
Nice. So glad you, and others, love your Solo, I love it too!

I can't wait til some new stems come out.

In the meantime I bought a Vaper Tamer ($29)

http://dabuddhavaporizer.com/media/...e5fb8d27136e95/w/h/wholesale_pics_5_of_6_.jpg

It cools down the vapor.
I am reading back to see how other may have used it - might just need a small slice of tubing to connect it.

EDIT:
This is McNerdius set up - as in post #1864:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3294/solotamer.png

Supposedly fits right over it!

Funny you posted that. I bought one too. I was reading and adding stuff to the WIKI over the weekend and saw that too....

I'm headed out of town so the last 100 pages of this thread and the most of the usage section will have to wait till I return. I apologize for the state of disorganization at the moment but in another week it will be complete.

ru_frothi,

pecosthecat

Same here. I find the vapor to be nice, thick and smooth on setting 4.

Pcpvapors said:
With all these insane milkshot vids, I have no clue how some find the vapor unsatisfying.

pecosthecat,
Top Bottom