Arizer Solo

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
sessnet said:
You can search by post, in the search feature there is "Show Results As". Then you'll be able to see if it's in the Thread you want.

All it takes is someone with some basic PHP knowledge to make this forum do almost anything they wanted it to do. I would be willing to "modify" this forum's PHP so you can search by thread...but I don't want to force myself, or help, where it might not be needed.

Well I'm so unknowledgable that I don't know what "PHP knowledge" is! :/

But the ability to search within a thread would be GREAT. Please "Make it so".
Recently tried to find info on the car adapter...you can imagine how many "hits" there were in dozens of threads. If I could have just isolated it to this thread that would have made it so much easier.

Sinclue,
dorkus_molorkus said:
or you could read the thread from the beginning and see the answer for yourselves.

or you could just read the vaporpedia entry, and get the answer in 30 seconds.

or you could just continue to be lazy ignorant bastards and request others to spoon feed you.

mod note: We don't allow name calling dorkus. I think you know that.

EDIT-duly spanked & contrite here. sorry folks, mods, my bad.
I still love you guys. :)

Unfortunately, the vaporpedia article doesn't contain any information on what type of battery to replace the battery pack with, nor how to do it. I did read the vaporpedia article before posting, and all that I could find was that a user replacement is possible, but no information on how to obtain a replacement lithium ion battery.

Is that information somewhere in this thread? Regrettably, I don't have time to slog through 180 pages looking for it.

knownspace,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola a todos :) . I just bought my Solo from Puff It Up :) It's on Priority Box Mail whatever that means. But by mistake on my phone order we get confused and it seems like I purchased a Car Charger instead of the Power Adapter Charger. I was told by PIU that the P.A Charger will charge the Solo during use??????, but I really don't remember where in the posts says something about chargers in general. Any advice?? Should I keep the Car Charger or return it and get a cheap ebay or amazon one, idem with the Power Adapter Charger?? I really enjoy and laugh on this forum a lot and I hope I get my Solo soon and be even happier than now :) BTW what was that link with the SS screens again?? Which ones should I order?? thanks in advance and old members forgive me for not wanting to read all the forum again from 1-184 :) , right now I'm on page 160ish I guess??? :) jajajajaja almost there. I want to order those SS screens ASAP so they are here before my Black Beauty arrives :brow: Buenas noches y "dulces sueos"

Zangano Cruel,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Arizer has clarified that users will be able to replace the battery pack. Arizer will offer a service for anyone who is not comfortable doing the replacement. The cost of battery replacement, including labor, is $95 plus taxes and shipping. quoted from vaporpedia

combined with this link from vaporpedia too:
vaplexus pics of solo internals

so just order from arizer, the pics will show the battery is just a simple snap connector, and it only takes 4 screws to open a solo. hope this is enough :D

ilovebOObs,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
ilovebOObs said:
Arizer has clarified that users will be able to replace the battery pack. Arizer will offer a service for anyone who is not comfortable doing the replacement. The cost of battery replacement, including labor, is $95 plus taxes and shipping. quoted from vaporpedia

so just order from arizer, the pics will show the battery is just a simple snap connector, and it only takes 4 screws to open a solo. hope this is enough :D

Thanks for being so helpful, and posting links too!! :)

It would seem to me that by reacting with frustration over repeat questions, and tying up even more pages of the forum discussing how that peevs you off getting angry at people, a simple helpful answer would be more useful, and likely not run off newbies who really need to learn what they can. Not everyone is aware of the information sources here (I wasn't), and being new should not disqualify a person from being able to discuss or ask questions in the forum, even if it has already been covered. I did scan through many pages here, but it gets tedious when there are so many. We are all here trying to learn and share, why not do it with a little kindness?

****So has there been a source for the replacement batteries found yet?

jambandphan03,
ilovebOObs said:

That's perfect, thanks for the help. It would have taken me forever to find that page, so I really appreciate you expediting the process. That guide is extremely useful.

I love my Solo, so it really eases my mind to know that it will be a relatively simple thing to replace the batteries once they inevitably die.

knownspace,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
knownspace said:
ilovebOObs said:

That's perfect, thanks for the help. It would have taken me forever to find that page, so I really appreciate you expediting the process. That guide is extremely useful.

I love my Solo, so it really eases my mind to know that it will be a relatively simple thing to replace the batteries once they inevitably die.

It should easily be user replaceable from what vapeplexus showed us. no one has had one die yet here to have to try and replace it.

Vaplexus teardown (which is in the VP article).
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=164776#p164776

EDIT: so I did some googling and discovered that a replacement battery pack from amazon is $17.50

you'd have to cut the connectors off the old one and re-attach but thats very simple. Whole lot cheaper than $95.

http://www.amazon.com/Li-Ion-Tenergy-2200mAh-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B002Y2LJW0

and remember guys there is a FAQ. Its called vaporpedia and there is a link on top of every single page here on FC. Links in my Sig too.

ru_frothi,

pecosthecat

This is a brilliant suggestion. I have also found it is difficult to search for specific information without spending an inordinate amount of time. This has only been a problem for me in the really long threads.

FlowersInTheAttic said:
Having put in some time trying to help vapor newbz back on OG, I can feel Dorkus's pain. I like FC, but unless I've totally missed it, there is no way to search within a single thread here, which makes it hard to look for answers oneself, especially when threads are 100+ pages long.

I'm not volunteering, but it seems to me it would be a big help if there were a sticky thread at the top of this forum in which each post was basic information and FAQs about a single vaporizer that has its own thread in this forum. Failing that, a sticky notice directing people to Vaporpedia with basic questions wouldn't be a bad idea.

Just my .02

pecosthecat,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
MattyGTwenty3 said:
Attention potential A/C adapter buyers: Check out the new PIU listing on eBay.

Nice find!! I was just looking for one of these, thanks for posting the link.

:D decided to go for it, should be here friday, got the silver unit on Amazon that states it is the Stainless Steel Bowl, and comes with the hard case. Also ordered the AC adapter from ebay. :p
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00725VON8
I almost ordered the $170 one, but it stated it had the ceramic heating chamber in the description, so I wasn't sure about it being a newer model. I never did find the seller that Xchadb found on Amazon...

jambandphan03,

RobbyGhb

Bought my Arizer solo M107 from Vapeworld. Its arriving today, i feel more ecstatic than a little kid on xmas. Been refreshing the tracking page constantly lol.

RobbyGhb,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Nice! A bunch of new Solo owners...what are we - like the 7th generation or something? :p

I get my m107 by tomorrow - it's only a few miles from my house!

RobbyGhb I know what you mean! I keep checking like a madman...and welcome to FC :)

sessnet,

ilovebOObs

my new frankensteined stem, hahahaha
anyone got broken solo stems that they don't use? would love to test out other stuff.
p2093103.jpg

p2093098.jpg

p2093102.jpg

ilovebOObs,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Looks nice!

How much would you charge for two stems together or something similar to help collect more oil?

sessnet,

ilovebOObs

ummm. sorry not planning on selling anything. but maybe i can find someone who can help.

ilovebOObs,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I wanted to provide the stems or pieces. I just need to find someone to "melt" it together (or not sure what the term might be).

sessnet,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
sessnet said:
I wanted to provide the stems or pieces. I just need to find someone to "melt" it together (or not sure what the term might be).
I'm glad someone else is taking up the GonG stem search. I wasted too much time, a little too much money and a lot of frustration trying to get these made. I wish you luck and keep us posted if you can find someone to make these.

:peace:

Stu,

ilovebOObs

still i'm no professional, i'm fine with breaking my stuff but other peoples stuff :uhoh:
hope your cool with that.

ilovebOObs,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Something is better than nothing :)

How does this sound:

Two stems that can be inserted into each other, or melted together.

Would you be able to do either?

I would buy the stems, and the pieces to connect them both (if you do it that way). Send them to you, and pay you for your time (plus shipping back)...

Then when other people see the awesomeness of the oil collecting, you will be bombarded by Solo users asking for the same,you'll become rich, and can retire early....

sessnet,

MG23

Relaxin'
vape4life said:
Planet Vape has the best customer service I think i've ever experienced. Got a bunch of free goodies and their communication is superb! Got a heads up on GonG adapters (both 14 and 18mm and I think carbed, or both), new high efficiency smaller bowl stem, and some other new accessories inc. one that apparently is gonna be a Solo gamer changer! (for stealth i think). Keep your eyes out on their site, the GonG is right around the corner.

Just gonna repost this for anyone that may have missed it...

MG23,

ilovebOObs

just wait for the awesomeness that MattyG just posted. i;m for sure waiting on this.
if not awesome enough then email me, i see what i can do.

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom