Arizer Solo

TheWhisper

Random chance, some might say 'lucky guess'.......

As they taught us at the Hoover Institute, "If you knock on enough doors, sooner or later you're going to sell a vacuum".

You're spot on about Randy and PIU, I feel good giving him my money. The world could use more like him for sure, supporting what we have seems 'right' not that other thing......

Thanks for the kind words, hope you enjoy the stems. Be sure to check out PBW for cleaning them, it does a bang up job, is cheap, easier and safer than the alternatives.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

OF

I think you may have replied to the wrong person. It's probably not a good idea to use PBW from my jar below the sink on my replacement battery (or the wooden stems I own!). :p

Mr.Sifter

Hello, my good old solo has a new feature.

Whenever the battery is dead and it cant complete the heating stepas, starts cooling down and yellow lights drop, it wont charge anymore until i ipen the solo, dis- and reconnect the battery and try again.

Usually it starts charging again after this procedure.

Its a bit annoying to do this.
I am a bit worried about the plastic bottom. Dont screw your screwa to tight !
It cracks the plate.

VapeHeadz

:(

lOlMXfg.jpg

narrowsparrow

I think I make the opposite mistake by always keeping my batteries 100% charged. This probably reveals 1) that I don't know how to take care of my batteries properly, and 2) maybe I have an inner survivalist that I don't know anything about yet.

poonman

Whenever the battery is dead and it cant complete the heating stepas, starts cooling down and yellow lights drop, it wont charge anymore until i ipen the solo, dis- and reconnect the battery and try again.

Usually it starts charging again after this procedure.

Its a bit annoying to do this.
I am a bit worried about the plastic bottom. Dont screw your screwa to tight !
It cracks the plate.

Before the yellow lights descending and shutting down .
Did you not get the Red Charging light blink to alert
you of the low battery situation ?
and
What you're saying about the Green charging light Won't blink
for charging , until you dis-reconnect the actual battery is strange .

On my oldest Solo , I've had to twist/wiggle the plug connector
to get a better connection to Re-charge my Solo . It can come disconnect
easily with even just table vibrations . And it will start to beep incessantly and wake me up . Now I have to charge that one during the day and not leave the house while it's charging . Bugger ...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Not sounding like the Solo is a good investment so far...
The SOLO is a sound investment.

Simple and Civilized!

It might not be for you however there are many it fit's.

Portable
Log
Desktop

Bubbler = P
Water pipe = L & DP
Ash Collectors & JHOOK's (SHERLOCK's)

Find what works for you however please don't criticize others!

Geographically we all have different needs and views.

uhranium

I have seen some EQ Towers for under 100€ (best I saw was 47) at ebay and was wondering, is this thing like a solo on a table? Kind of VAS right now for that price.

OF

But ut cant be the solo's normal reaction to stop working after a complete drain.

I agree, this is not 'normal'. That is it's not a common experience. I assume this is not a 'brand new' battery pack, if it is I think it's defective and should be sent in for warranty.

Here's what I think is happening. We've said before that it's important that the two cells in the pack be closely matched. Much like a team of horses pulling a heavy wagon. While the horses are in parallel, and the battery cells in series, the relationship is much the same. It's the total output that does the work.

While Solo uses the total voltage of the pack to decide the charge, run the lights, decide when to shutdown to protect and so on. In fact, Solo has no way of actually sensing the status of each cell, sort of like the wagon driver not being able to notice one horse is tiring and the other doing a larger percentage of the work so the total is still 'OK'. As long as the wagon gets there on time, it doesn't matter one horse is lame? Look out for the PITA people.......

Inside the battery pack is a special protection circuit that actually monitors each cell. That it, the PCB between the cells:
JpNbVuU.jpg

The board contains two similar circuits, one for each cell, that protects that individual from dangerous over charge or over discharging. Those two signals ('this cell is OK') are combined, and if both are OK, the pack is 'turned on' and we can use it. Normally, once enabled ('turned on') it doesn't 'turn off' since there's no danger to protect the cell from. If the lame horse stumbles and falls, the wagon stops.

So, my guess is that one cell is seriously weak. The pack is no longer balanced. Solo isn't stopping because the total voltage is out of range (it's being held up by the strong cell), but rather the horse is stumbling and the team stops when the protection board calls 'uncle'. As long as there's even a modest load on the pack (as there is when Solo is in standby) the pack won't unlock. Your unplugging it in time removes this load and the weak cell recovers just enough to reset the PCB. This will not last if I'm correct. Sorry to say, you might start thinking of a new pack if this one is out of warranty.

This is coming from a guy that calls me a caveman for using bong mouthpieces and a garbage-eater for using a bag? :hmm:

Yep, that's the fellow all right. While he's of course right about the MP part, I've got nothing against bags. Was even known to be in one from time to time in the past.

It's entirely possible that you might be taking him too seriously, then again lots of folks don't take him seriously enough? Though call with our @ataxian there...........just part of the fun.

Lucky for us there's only one of him, eighwhat?

OF

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
To the person saying that the Solo doesn't sound like a good investment
You couldn't be more wrong

I had this thing for like 2 years already. It's still going strong. I dropped it a shit load of times, still works like day 1. I've saved so much money on herb. I've made soooo many potent edibles and tinctures with the already vaped weed. The taste that the solo offers is fucken amazing.
I love this thing
If you got one, you'd fall in love too.
I introduced the solo to my circle of friends, and 2 of them almost instantly bought one for themselves lol

The solo is my in house portable (too bulky to take out n about, imo)
The omicron v4 is my out n about

If you were to buy one, i suggest buying some arizer air glass mouthpieces (with the black tip)
They're awesome and fit a glass 14mm female input perfectly.
Got it sitting on a bubbler that way now actually

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
To the person saying that the Solo doesn't sound like a good investment
You couldn't be more wrong

I had this thing for like 2 years already. It's still going strong. I dropped it a shit load of times, still works like day 1. I've saved so much money on herb. I've made soooo many potent edibles and tinctures with the already vaped weed. The taste that the solo offers is fucken amazing.
I love this thing
If you got one, you'd fall in love too.
I introduced the solo to my circle of friends, and 2 of them almost instantly bought one for themselves lol

The solo is my in house portable (too bulky to take out n about, imo)
The omicron v4 is my out n about

If you were to buy one, i suggest buying some arizer air glass mouthpieces (with the black tip)
They're awesome and fit a glass 14mm female input perfectly.
Got it sitting on a bubbler that way now actually
Our want-a-be friend from TEXAS (3 world country) law wise!
I have had a SOLO since the M107 (serial number don't matter).

Portables are for certain vaporist!

My MOD or W9 TECH for out and about. (SHATTER)!
It's really cheap.

FIELD'S of COLAS = CIVILIZED

FREE = THE PRICE it should be!

narrowsparrow

Thanks, DreamHaze & ataxian. I have the Arizer Air, and it's my very favorite vape. My daily bread! I was just responding to some posts that sounded like people were having problems with the Solo.

I think the Solo will be my next vape. I like being able to use an actual battery. When my Pax died, that was it. Mercifully, I didn't pay for the thing! I didn't even get to use it two years. When a battery dies, you just have to replace the battery, not the whole freakin' vape!

I'm also partial to convection, and there aren't that many from which to choose. I have the Haze, but it's a pain to use.

What's the deal with the different glass stems that are available? Some are crooked, some are "bubbled," some are straight, and one has the plastic tip. I prefer glass in my mouth, but if the one with the plastic tip does a better job, I'll get one.

DreamHaze

Psychonaughty
What's the deal with the different glass stems that are available? Some are crooked, some are "bubbled," some are straight, and one has the plastic tip. I prefer glass in my mouth, but if the one with the plastic tip does a better job, I'll get one.

The plastic tip feels a lot more natural and comfortable than the all glass stems, from my experience. It's like your drinking from some type of sippy cup haha
Also, if you have a bubbler with a 14mm female joint that points down, the plastic tip fits right in. It won't get stuck but creates a really good seal so you can take a HUGE rip using it this way.
I usually have my solo sitting on top of my D020 bubbler (with 14mm/18mm glass adapter piece)

Buzzbomb Almighty

@narrowsparrow you'll have to try different stems to see what you like, and try the solo with a water tool, and you'll probably find that you prefer one over the other, setting one aside then after a time go back to it again. I have a box of assorted stems and bits and bobs (ataxian would be jealous), and more on the way that I'm looking forward to trying. This forum really shines when it comes to reviewing new solo glass, and if somethng is flawed in design or manufacture we share the news.

Buzzbomb Almighty

I bought some Solo stems a few months ago and they are so tight as cut off all air and makes it feel like sucking on a FROZEN milkshake.
Anyone have similar problems?Anyone buy stems recently that were ok?

Where did you get the tight ones? Are the holes a decent size? I got a gong that has tiny holes and I want to try drilling it out. There are 1 or 2 that I might try grooving and notching with the dremel tool as well. I've found some stems seem to work better than others, but it's partly a matter of personal preference.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I bought some Solo stems a few months ago and they are so tight as cut off all air and makes it feel like sucking on a FROZEN milkshake.

Anyone have similar problems?

Anyone buy stems recently that were ok?
Are they so tight that you can't tip them in order to get vapor to flow underneath? I talked about this months ago, the new stems that are much flatter on the stem rim compared to older stems that were a little wavier there and were better with the airflow. The holes were also very uniform and clean compared to the old ones that varied a bit. I managed to get one of the newer stems with enough "wave" in the rim that I can tip it and get decent airflow. You could try pulling them up a little bit to leave a bit of space between the stem and the bottom. Perhaps you can find a way to tip the stem in a direction while in the Solo to get some airflow going if you haven't already tried it? Honestly I was a bit annoyed with how uniform the rim is on the new stems, some of them are better than others.

I know nothing about water tools such as bubblers. I s there a thread about this? Thank you guys for all this info!
You can try the last 15-30 pages of the Cheap Bubbler thread in the Glass subforum. Basically you're running the vapor through water, but what the water piece looks like is different and they function differently, etc. There's also a Glass 101 thread stickied in the Glass subforum. Should keep you busy for a bit ;) Personally I prefer glass with stems that are upright so that I can sit the Solo on top and not worry about it tipping over, but I have some that I can't keep the Solo sitting on it that I like too..

Top Bottom