Arizer Solo

OF

When I don't catch it in time and the light is no longer flashing I do a session or 2 right away to take the edge off the charge.

While I get and support the idea, in a funny way this 'consequence' is hardly the sort likely to change behavior........

Still, in a fun way, every time you do this (catch it before the top) you double that part of the lifespan and 'get a free cycle' on the battery life. When you miss it, you only lose the opportunity for that one cycle. Next recharge is a new chance.

OF

TheWhisper

I dropped my D020-D after picking it up while not paying full attention...and then proceeded to drop it. RIP :(

But the best part of using a D020-D is that I only need to be pissed at myself for being careless; not for breaking a hundred dollar piece! I've already got an order out for another one.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb Almighty

While I get and support the idea, in a funny way this 'consequence' is hardly the sort likely to change behavior...OF
I see what you did there, that's funny. :) One of the beatniks that I smoked pot with the first time when I was a kid was a university student who was doing behavioral studies running mice through mazes and stuff, I should show this to him.

But the best part of using a D020-D is that I only need to be pissed at myself for being careless; not for breaking a hundred dollar piece! I've already got an order out for another one.

Nothing wrong with spares. I have both D020 and the D020-D or 9" (one of the vendors started the misnomer, don't blame me), and another D020 coming by accident I think, and I find that I use the smaller one almost all the time, only occasionally switching. When my j-hook stems come it's going to be mini-Christmas. You gotta make your own fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

I see what you did there, that's funny. :) One of the beatniks that I smoked pot with the first time when I was a kid was a university student who was doing behavioral studies running mice through mazes and stuff, I should show this to him.

Good to be appreciated, thanks.

Something like the Baker who get to eat the reject cup cakes.......

Depending on how much pot over how many years you may have to explain it to him.

In small words, more than once.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I mostly use my Arizer Air and my Pax 2. The Pax 2 just died after less than two years. I am thinking of replacing it with the Arizer Solo. What I liked about the Pax 2 was the large bowl. How does the Arizer Solo's bowl size compare to the Pax 2?
The SOLO I've had for 6 years and use it in the garden every day!

Plus their cheap!

Get one if you like flavor?

Now they are on the CIVILIZED side!

OF

I mostly use my Arizer Air and my Pax 2. How does the Arizer Solo's bowl size compare to the Pax 2?

Beats me, I don't have a Pax 2......but you already know how big the bowl on Solo is, it's the same as the Air?

Although the construction differs a bit, the stems interchange between Air and Solo so the bowls are basically the same.

If you like Air, I think you'll like Solo even better if the size is OK with you. Otherwise, if you're looking for something different.......

OF

Alegre

Pobre payaso
After using the flowermate for over a year and my solo for about 7 months, I've come to the conclusion that I need an on demand vape.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Solo but I always feel rushed. I vape alone and like to take a hit, put it down and take another hit in a minute or two.

I want an ondemand to compliment my solo. I need to start saving my coins......any recommendations?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
After using the flowermate for over a year and my solo for about 7 months, I've come to the conclusion that I need an on demand vape.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Solo but I always feel rushed. I vape alone and like to take a hit, put it down and take another hit in a minute or two.

I want an ondemand to compliment my solo. I need to start saving my coins......any recommendations?
Just smoke joints if flavor is not important.
Portables are not for CART PUSHERS!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

Perhaps a VapCap? Or a VapMan?

OF

This one's easy. Either Vapman (a personal favorite) or MFLB should deliver a satisfying hit in 20 seconds or so on demand. The box has it's own charm, and a very large, very faithful following. And 26,000 posts.

VM also is a neat thing to own, like MFLB the wood makes it cool if you're into such things. A more modest (but still IMO impressive) 6,600 posts. I has great control of temperature/vaping results once you learn the ropes.

Both are in the 'about $100 range' which means less pennies than some other vapes.

Good luck with your choice. Lots of good reading to do?

OF

Edit: Another suggestion comes to mind, the Summit. It's set up for 'grab a quick hit or two and get on with it' duty. Short battery life, but very fast heat up. Set up for stealth. You push the big button and it buzzes/vibrates to tell you it's going (you can keep it in your pocket until it's ready). It then buzzes 3 times to tell you it's ready and at temperature (20 to 30 seconds give or take depending on heat level selected and battery charge). You whip it out, take a hit or two, then it automatically shuts down (two buzzes) unless you press the big button sooner.

First suggested to me by Sinclue, who found it 'just the ticket' on his dog walks. I don't have a dog either, but I much appreciate the application and recommendation.......which I now pass on.

OF

Last edited:

VapeHeadz

Each time I pack my solo bowl I use about .5 - .7 of a gram chopped up pretty finely, slightly pushed into the bowl.

That bowl will usually last me 2 x 12 minute sessions before it loses vapour or starts to taste a bit average.

I don't use a screen as I've never had much of an issue with bits of the weed coming thru the holes in the stem.

sickmanfraud

You can get the "on demand" type vaping with the Solo. You just need to take the stem out of the oven between hits.

Quetzalcoatl

You can get the "on demand" type vaping with the Solo. You just need to take the stem out of the oven between hits.
But you have to wait for it to heat up... this kind of works better with the old Solos that had the "true" power adapter mode so it didn't mess with the batteries. Waiting for it to heat up to 4 from cold I can heat my VapCap up and get a nice fat rip off it, wait for the cool-down click, and put it back in the tube. Yeah it's butane but it's much faster to get vapor from it than from heat-up time with Solo. And VapCap/Vapman are "contained" systems where the flower isn't in a stem that needs to be placed on the piece, you can just put it away. Same with the Summit but I admit that I do not have very much experience with it, not like @OF. MFLB heats up very quickly too, but I've found myself reaching for my VapCap almost exclusively (and it's just the standard glass one!!) for on-demand hits where I can get 2 out and put everything away real quick. VapCap/Vapman/Summit are more geared for this than the Solo is. Sure, you can do it with the Solo, but not like the previously mentioned. Also @Alegre you may want to look into log vapes that can keep temperature 24/7, but those are desktops, not portable (you didn't mention anything about desktops or portables). :2c:

sickmanfraud

But you have to wait for it to heat up... this kind of works better with the old Solos that had the "true" power adapter mode so it didn't mess with the batteries. Waiting for it to heat up to 4 from cold I can heat my VapCap up and get a nice fat rip off it, wait for the cool-down click, and put it back in the tube. Yeah it's butane but it's much faster to get vapor from it than from heat-up time with Solo. And VapCap/Vapman are "contained" systems where the flower isn't in a stem that needs to be placed on the piece, you can just put it away. Same with the Summit but I admit that I do not have very much experience with it, not like @OF. MFLB heats up very quickly too, but I've found myself reaching for my VapCap almost exclusively (and it's just the standard glass one!!) for on-demand hits where I can get 2 out and put everything away real quick. VapCap/Vapman/Summit are more geared for this than the Solo is. Sure, you can do it with the Solo, but not like the previously mentioned. Also @Alegre you may want to look into log vapes that can keep temperature 24/7, but those are desktops, not portable (you didn't mention anything about desktops or portables). :2c:

The initial heat up time is a given, the Solo and the Air both need some time to get to temp. Once a session is started there is almost no reason to turn if off before you decide you have had enough. You just remove the stem so it does not cook while you are getting ready for a hit. If the Solo reaches the end of its programed session you can decide to turn it back on or wait for later.

I use my Solo on 7 but the stem is only in the Solo when drawing. Admittedly, the first hit is not always the biggest, but after the first hit you are in business.

I personally have no interest in using butane, but if that does not bother you, maybe the vapcap is better.

TheWhisper

Puff It Up really is the best! They were unable to restock the OEM replacement batteries for some reason, so they offered to send me one from their reserve stock (saved for warranty repairs) for only the cost of shipping! Incredible! Great recommendation, @OF.

They'll be getting all of my vape business from now on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

*They deserve all the exclamation points I can give them for such amazing service.

Quetzalcoatl

The initial heat up time is a given, the Solo and the Air both need some time to get to temp. Once a session is started there is almost no reason to turn if off before you decide you have had enough. You just remove the stem so it does not cook while you are getting ready for a hit. If the Solo reaches the end of its programed session you can decide to turn it back on or wait for later.

I use my Solo on 7 but the stem is only in the Solo when drawing. Admittedly, the first hit is not always the biggest, but after the first hit you are in business.

I personally have no interest in using butane, but if that does not bother you, maybe the vapcap is better.
IMO that's not very on demand then, having to wait for it to heat up to 7 (which takes the longest) and times out after 12 minutes. I spent lots of time waiting for it to heat back up in between game rounds because I wasn't paying attention and resetting it before breaks, or just in general. VapCap has filled that niche for me and even for going outside sometimes. When it's more relaxing and I'm not so busy I take the Solo outside, it can fit more and hitting it dry is kinda ritualistic for me like smoking a pipe. 12 minutes is perfect for the amount I put it (not to mention a good way to keep track of time ;)). I will say I don't miss the time I spend waiting for heat up times with some of my vapes. It's not really a knock on the Solo since it's a pretty versatile vape, but there are other vaporizers more geared towards "on-demand" kind of use. Solo packs a wallop at a high level with the right grind through a tube :science:

OF

Incredible! Great recommendation, @OF.

They'll be getting all of my vape business from now on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Random chance, some might say 'lucky guess'.......

As they taught us at the Hoover Institute, "If you knock on enough doors, sooner or later you're going to sell a vacuum".

You're spot on about Randy and PIU, I feel good giving him my money. The world could use more like him for sure, supporting what we have seems 'right' not that other thing......

Thanks for the kind words, hope you enjoy the stems. Be sure to check out PBW for cleaning them, it does a bang up job, is cheap, easier and safer than the alternatives.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

OF

Top Bottom