Arizer Solo

uhranium

So my batteries are definitely not dead. Charger is also new and another charger gives the same error.

I go to my buddy, give him my batteries and he charges it in the course of a week. Then I pick em up and have 1-2 days to vape again.

No idea what's wrong with the solo itself. If I plug it in, blue idle light and red charge light are on constantly. No blinking. 2012 version, no yellow lights at all.

If I disconnect the battery and plug the solo in, it is still the same lights.

Last edited:
uhranium,

uhranium

3 different chargers that

a) 2 of them worked on my solo flawlessly before the solo fell to the ground for the 30st time
b) 3 of them still work on my friends unit

1- replacement charger with different pins and choosable voltages
2- battery pack with 10k mAh and different plugs, bought one that fits the solo
3- standard solo charger from the 2014 version

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It's ALIVE

just cleaned the inside white stuff at the charging port mit a q-tip drenched in ISO99%

it loads and it works

now i have a special reltationship to this device
GetFileAttachment

My special relationship is broken!

TboneToker

I think I broke my last GonG?
The SOLO itself is strong.
The GonG's are made of glass.

Breaking Glass is what I do.

Greek's love me at weddin's!

buy a minivap, ataxian, if you have the $ and want to would be the only portable that is really like a desktop unit. it will not break, get the teflon core not the ceramic or whatever, teflon won't break though I don't know if they have GonG for it, to go to glass pieces.

maybe get one of those wooden stems I've seen! Or are there nylon ones for the solo?

TboneToker,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
buy a minivap, ataxian, if you have the $ and want to would be the only portable that is really like a desktop unit. it will not break, get the teflon core not the ceramic or whatever, teflon won't break though I don't know if they have GonG for it, to go to glass pieces.

maybe get one of those wooden stems I've seen! Or are there nylon ones for the solo?
T6ba52Y.jpg

Sometime I just want a SOLO at 420.

MINI Vapes are nice however the SOLO is perfect for my needs!

DESKTOP
LOG
PORTABLE

SATIVAS - HYBRIDS - INDICAS = LOVE ALL OF THEM

I have boxes of shit (vaporizers) to give to charity.

CIVILIZED

Some collect everything made?

STRAWMAN = devices are not the "HOLY GRAIL"!
EMPIRICAL = CANNABIS = CLOSE

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

T6ba52Y.jpg

Sometime I just want a SOLO at 420.

MINI Vapes are nice however the SOLO is perfect for my needs!

DESKTOP
LOG
PORTABLE

SATIVAS - HYBRIDS - INDICAS = LOVE ALL OF THEM

I have boxes of shit (vaporizers) to give to charity.

CIVILIZED

Some collect everything made?

STRAWMAN = devices are not the "HOLY GRAIL"!
EMPIRICAL = CANNABIS = CLOSE

@ataxian is that epicvape piece we see in the solo unbreakable? how well does it work and where can I get one (or 10)?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian is that epicvape piece we see in the solo unbreakable? how well does it work and where can I get one (or 10)?
I have a few vaporizers, however only 3 I use daily?
10 is what I got because I break glass daily.
I slip them on anything that rolls.

EPIC offer's them on their web site.
Their for the NANO which I use as well as the SOLO.
I use the HEX SLEEVES because they glow in the dark.
O' also I break less GonG's!

I have a STEM somewhere?
UNBREAKABLE? = I wish?

OF

PSA: The domed screen seller on eBay is open for business again.

Great news for the forces of Goodness and Right for sure. Those of the Faithful who have not tried these should jump on it......

Inserted one way it cuts the volume of the standard stem about in half. And it moves a larger percentage of that closer to the glass walls. IMO they work better than shorter bowls for that reason?

Inserted the other way they provide a small gap between the load and the four tiny holes that the vapor must pass through. Not only does this help remove/control debris but it spread the fouling up over a much wider area so the screen doesn't jam up as fast......by a BIG amount. And when it does foul, being fused at the edges, you can easily 'flame' it clean. Hold them by the edge with an old roach clip of something and hit it with your torch type lighter until it glows. Seriously. It cools fast and you can brush the ash off, reinstall it and be loading again in a minute flat anytime you want.

Give it a go, if it's not for you you're only out a couple bucks.....

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Great news for the forces of Goodness and Right for sure. Those of the Faithful who have not tried these should jump on it......

Inserted one way it cuts the volume of the standard stem about in half. And it moves a larger percentage of that closer to the glass walls. IMO they work better than shorter bowls for that reason?

Inserted the other way they provide a small gap between the load and the four tiny holes that the vapor must pass through. Not only does this help remove/control debris but it spread the fouling up over a much wider area so the screen doesn't jam up as fast......by a BIG amount. And when it does foul, being fused at the edges, you can easily 'flame' it clean. Hold them by the edge with an old roach clip of something and hit it with your torch type lighter until it glows. Seriously. It cools fast and you can brush the ash off, reinstall it and be loading again in a minute flat anytime you want.

Give it a go, if it's not for you you're only out a couple bucks.....

OF
I like both (flat and domed)
Mixing it up so I don't become bored.

Whatever floats your raft?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I have 3 stems:
- 2 stems use the regular screen to cover the holes. I use those when I want to share or just want to use more herb to get multiple sessions for one fill. I can get 2 or 3 sessions (4 hits per session) with this set up.
- 1 stem has the domed screen with the 'dome' facing up like an upside down 'U' for those sessions where I just want enough for one session.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have 3 stems:
- 2 stems use the regular screen to cover the holes. I use those when I want to share or just want to use more herb to get multiple sessions for one fill. I can get 2 or 3 sessions (4 hits per session) with this set up.
- 1 stem has the domed screen with the 'dome' facing up like an upside down 'U' for those sessions where I just want enough for one session.
I'm a stickler for FLAVOR!
However I think the SOLO is ideal for me sometimes.

To have someone tell me I don't know anything because I use a SOLO.
I tried many portables and they maybe good for some?
Many of them fall apart (fragile) or taste like shit (I never tried to eat it) !

I smoked more than 6 joints a day before College.
A SOLO is all I need for my portable needs. (hate them otherwise)

Wood I love EXOTIC'S for ART pieces.

I broke all my GonG's.
(play the world's smallest violin)

I have a stem in my vapor closet.
FOOD, WINE, CANNABIS are my life.

Put a glass disc screen under your STAINLESS STEEL screen and make your SOLO'S heating element provide a different profile (if that's your aim)?

Normally I just use a 1/2" (.500) SS screen with my stem.

@OF am I wrong?

@flotntoke read this page? (the SOLO is alive and well)!
I guess free speech is a thing of the past when we were CIVILIZED? (once)?

Last edited:

VapeHeadz

To have someone tell me I don't know anything because I use a SOLO.

Ha! Who cares what other people say, it's what works for you (or me). I love my solo(s) and continue to use them every single day with no issues at all. I just don't feel the need to try other portable vapes personally because the solo does exactly what I wont and is easy to clean and easy to pack a bowl and is a pretty solid / tough unit.

If someone tries telling me that I don't know anything because I use a solo I will laugh at them and say well that's your opinion and your opinion doesn't really concern me, because I know what I like and you are not me.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ha! Who cares what other people say, it's what works for you (or me). I love my solo(s) and continue to use them every single day with no issues at all. I just don't feel the need to try other portable vapes personally because the solo does exactly what I wont and is easy to clean and easy to pack a bowl and is a pretty solid / tough unit.

If someone tries telling me that I don't know anything because I use a solo I will laugh at them and say well that's your opinion and your opinion doesn't really concern me, because I know what I like and you are not me.
I love the way you think!

OF

Perhaps we should pity such people, really. At best, they're just guessing. Likely with a lot of 'my dog can beat your dog' mixed in. They're ignorant of the joys of Solo usage, but more important they don't know how ignorant they are? Too bad they're missing out on Solo, but you probably can't fix that.

I'm with you, I'll 'believe my lying eyes' before taking their expert advice, no matter how well intended it is.

OF

Top Bottom