Arizer Solo

Jethro

The bottom plate on my Solo is broken as well, I never thought anything about it. The plastic around the 4 screws is basically all gone and there are two long cracks almost all the way across. Is this thing going to fall apart on me? I use it just about daily! Can you get the plate separately?

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
The bottom plate on my Solo is broken as well, I never thought anything about it. The plastic around the 4 screws is basically all gone and there are two long cracks almost all the way across. Is this thing going to fall apart on me? I use it just about daily! Can you get the plate separately?

Unfortunately, the manufacturer wrote me, that will not help me. So I'll do it myself :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fs0yem0ylwo1gus/03.JPG?dl=0

OF

ashtonford

I would call or email whoever you bought yours from. You will need to send it back right away so you can get a replacement. We don't see on this thread many 6 month old Solos biting the dust like this. Even if it is a battery, they are $40 or $45 so kind of expensive. @OF will need to speak on battery integrity.

heard back from solo the lady said in the email that I had the wrong charger that I would need to buy a new one from them. I was using the charger that came in the box with my unit . if this is customer service geesh

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
No, you can't. For a host of reasons, not the least of which is some owners are sure to break their unit in the attempt. And the newer units would require 'average to good soldering skills', how good are yours?

We've been through this dozens of times through the years. The last time less than a week ago:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-1514#post-1016007

OF
The time to deal with this problem is when the unit is new, before the cracking starts. I have two Solos.
When they were almost new I noticed a crack developing on one unit. So I installed tiny washers under those bottom screws. The one without cracking has stayed that way, the other one never got any worse. That was over a year ago. I also have two "O" rings installed and never remove them. My advice again is: don't wait...install those washers now.

I like Lookhigh 's solution for padding the base.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
So @ashtonford they first said that you would need to send it back to Solo so did you mean Arizer? Then they told you that they sent you the wrong charger? Had you sent them a picture?

That's why I use the vendors that are FC sponsors. They've been vetted by all the FCers. We will say something if we get bad service. My fav places are @PuffItUp and @PlanetVape - always awesome service if you need to return anything. When buying something always remember to think about customer service, that is so important when it comes to a portable vaporizer.

Not all vaporizers hold up like the Solo. So you always need to be prepared.
Last night I couldn't sleep and needed some pain relief and I had my Solo close by along with some Diamond OG.

Last edited:

ashtonford

So @ashtonford they first said that you would need to send it back to Solo so did you mean Arizer? Then they told you that they sent you the wrong charger? Had you sent them a picture?

That's why I use the vendors that are FC sponsors. They've been vetted by all the FCers. We will say something if we get bad service. My fav places are @PuffItUp and @PlanetVape - always awesome service if you need to return anything. When buying something always remember to think about customer service, that is so important when it comes to a portable vaporizer.
she said that I was using the wrong charger. I told her that I was using the one that came in the box with the unit. yes I sent her a picture. she said that I would have to purchase a new charger off their web site.

yes the lady was from arizer customer support

Modnote: Reply removed from quote tags and back to back posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

I was using the charger that came in the box with my unit . if this is customer service geesh

Interesting. Not the right charger? How do you suppose it got in the box? Surely Arizer doesn't have defective/useless chargers sitting around to be shipped by accident. If they're even half as professional as they seem to be.

Where did you buy it? Seems to me the issue is with the seller. He's the one you have a contract with, Arizer has no real control of that.

While you might blame them for not giving you a new charger, it seems like they didn't give you the useless one to start with? I'd find it difficult to blame them myself.

There are other options to a factory charger from them or their Dealer network. For instance we've discussed these adapters so the much more common 5.2mm 12 Volt 'wall wort' (which you may have for other products) can be used. This includes a simple 'car cord' for auto use:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZIR330/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/Super-Power-...3_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KMTZWCQVNFTTPECSPJ9F

Alternativey, if you're handy, you can cut the mating cable end off the defective/useless unit and solder it onto a working one. Or use these connectors (or similar):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MBBOD9K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PL6NEWO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Normally the source is male (like on the charger), the load female. I used a similar scheme to experiment with my first Solo. I cut the end off my first charger cable and installed these connectors so I could play with PA mode and charging.

OF

ashtonford

Interesting. Not the right charger? How do you suppose it got in the box? Surely Arizer doesn't have defective/useless chargers sitting around to be shipped by accident. If they're even half as professional as they seem to be.

Where did you buy it? Seems to me the issue is with the seller. He's the one you have a contract with, Arizer has no real control of that.

While you might blame them for not giving you a new charger, it seems like they didn't give you the useless one to start with? I'd find it difficult to blame them myself.

There are other options to a factory charger from them or their Dealer network. For instance we've discussed these adapters so the much more common 5.2mm 12 Volt 'wall wort' (which you may have for other products) can be used. This includes a simple 'car cord' for auto use:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZIR330/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/Super-Power-Supply®-5-5x2-1mm-4-0x1-7mm/dp/B00EA4GL3W/ref=pd_sim_23_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KMTZWCQVNFTTPECSPJ9F

Alternativey, if you're handy, you can cut the mating cable end off the defective/useless unit and solder it onto a working one. Or use these connectors (or similar):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MBBOD9K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PL6NEWO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Normally the source is male (like on the charger), the load female. I used a similar scheme to experiment with my first Solo. I cut the end off my first charger cable and installed these connectors so I could play with PA mode and charging.

OF

the charger is the right specs its the same as a aftermarket one sold on amazon by power up. Iam just getting the run around. the charger is a non issue its was working fine. the battery seems to be the problem. arizer warranty is useless I purchased a new unit and its only 6 months old. Seems like they just dont want to send me a battery is all. I thought they were a decent company it sure appears not.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'm not happy with Nemastavapes, the supplier of my solo....

I'm sure they are all high, all of the time....

They don't remember anything....and they make silly mistakes....

It took me a week of bugging them in the first place, being forgotten every day and starting again....

Then I finally got my solo to them and inspected, they issued a replacement, and sent it to the wrong address, after I repeatedly informed them of the new address...

Now they want me to spend 2 hours of my time and petrol, do drive to the incorrect address to collect it.....

Taking the piss....

Not happening....

Not happy...

Last edited:

OF

the charger is the right specs its the same as a aftermarket one sold on amazon by power up. the charger is a non issue its was working fine. the battery seems to be the problem.

Seems like they just dont want to send me a battery is all. I thought they were a decent company it sure appears not.

So it's not the charger they (Arizer) shipped? Meaning you're not charging it as instructed (using the correct charger)? And on that basis you want a free battery (that no doubt also not charge if the aftermarket unit they have no control over isn't working right......).

I suggest you send them the unit, without charger. They will test/evaluate the unit with an approved charger and replace/repair anything under warranty. At least they always have? If you read this thread you'll find LOTS and LOTS of folks that praise their products and support. Even to the point of backing up units clearly bought from unauthorized sellers. But asking them to cover a unit that doesn't appear genuine is a stretch?

So I suggest you send the unit to them, if it's legit they'll cover it and replace the battery. But I think you'll have to take responsibility for buying the correct charger (or getting the seller to?). I think your opinion of Arizer Service is way off the normal. IMO they have white hats, and I believe I'm far from alone in that. Folks should not fear lack of support buying Arizer products through authorized Dealers. PIU and PV being recommended, buy from Randy and he'll have your unit replaced faster than you'd believe possible. I once had a DOA replaced by him in less than 24 hours, really. I emailed about noon and had it in hand the next morning. IMO can't beat that.....unless you're in the factory.

Good luck in any case.

OF

ashtonford

So it's not the charger they (Arizer) shipped? Meaning you're not charging it as instructed (using the correct charger)? And on that basis you want a free battery (that no doubt also not charge if the aftermarket unit they have no control over isn't working right......).

I suggest you send them the unit, without charger. They will test/evaluate the unit with an approved charger and replace/repair anything under warranty. At least they always have? If you read this thread you'll find LOTS and LOTS of folks that praise their products and support. Even to the point of backing up units clearly bought from unauthorized sellers. But asking them to cover a unit that doesn't appear genuine is a stretch?

So I suggest you send the unit to them, if it's legit they'll cover it and replace the battery. But I think you'll have to take responsibility for buying the correct charger (or getting the seller to?). I think your opinion of Arizer Service is way off the normal. IMO they have white hats, and I believe I'm far from alone in that. Folks should not fear lack of support buying Arizer products through authorized Dealers. PIU and PV being recommended, buy from Randy and he'll have your unit replaced faster than you'd believe possible. I once had a DOA replaced by him in less than 24 hours, really. I emailed about noon and had it in hand the next morning. IMO can't beat that.....unless you're in the factory.

Good luck in any case.

OF

the charger iam using is the one that came included with the brand new purchased solo vape not a after market

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Power-Supply®-5-5x2-1mm-4-0x1-7mm/dp/B00EA4GL3W/ref=pd_sim_23_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KMTZWCQVNFTTPECSPJ9F

the unit was purchased form vaped.ca they said that for a warranty issue I had to deal with arizer. Solo is built in Canada not china so what is sealed up in boxes with their new units would be their issue in my opinion. All the dealer is doing is mailing new in boxes factory units that are sealed.

I found another charger with the correct specs in with my box of old chargers that I have and it works fine.

OF

the unit was purchased form vaped.ca they said that for a warranty issue I had to deal with arizer. Solo is built in Canada not china so what is sealed up in boxes with their new units would be their issue in my opinion. All the dealer is doing is mailing new in boxes factory units that are sealed.

If it's a legitimate unit it should have come with an official charger. Counterfeits come in sealed packages and are sold worldwide. How are you sure you don't have one? IMO the only sure way is through Arizer.

That dealer might be playing it straight, not all are. IMO only one way to find out. IMO also, if he's blowing you off that's not a good sign. How do you rate his Customer Service? He's the one that made the deal with you, not Arizer.

BTW, if you check the law, only the Dealer that sold it to you is 'on the hook' for warranty work, they made the claim it was protected when they took your money. Arizer might or might not cover it (their call), their only legal obligation is to those (few) who bought it directly from them. The Dealer (who may have bought from them) may have a claim in turn with Arizer (or maybe his distributor?), but not you directly. Contract Law says it has to 'go both ways' ("Quid pro quo") to be legally binding. This is why PIs on TV always ask for a dollar 'up front' to make you a client. Until you pay them, there is no contract. What they do on your behalf could well get them thrown in jail otherwise, they don't have a legal client until then.

At the risk of repeating myself, I suggest you send the unit to Arizer. If it's legit they'll repair/replace it.....they'll do right by you, they have a long history of doing so. But it's not realistic to expect them to support the unit until it verified as legit (and given the 'wrong' charger, that's really most likely?).

As another data point, I intentionally bought a 'too good to be true' Air. You'll find it covered in that thread and in the Counterfeits thread. It appeared 'right' and functioned well enough. Without a legitimate one next to it to compare with the 'wrong' (but functional) charger was the easiest thing to spot. Lots of photos there showing this.

If Arizer says 'we never shipped that charger' I suspect they are telling the truth? What other plausible explanation is there? If the battery is not defective it should charge with a good charger. A good charger should try to charge a bad battery, even if that's not possible. If the charger is defective or out of spec it cannot damage a good battery, the charging circuits inside Solo protect the battery absolutely......all it can do is not charge the battery....which is what you see?

Good luck, but I think 'yer chopping, but no chips are flying' here. Send it in, they will repair/replace and return to you in a timely manner if all is Jake and confirm it's a charger problem otherwise? If the battery really is bad, let the pros deal with it?

OF

I found another charger with the correct specs in with my box of old chargers that I have and it works fine.

Cool. Glad you're back in action. Also glad that Arizer really did right by you?

Leaves open how it got into the box and into your hands. Hopefully the rest of the package will hold up under use. Do you have a solid backup Vape? I think you understand the value of this under some conditions, otherwise I suggest you consider a different sort of vape you can enjoy from time to time anyway. Like Vapor Genie, or a personal favorite, Vapman. Both are about half the price of Solo (a common recommendation of mine for 'backup vape' to other owners.....), are very efficient and flexible, and neat in their own right. Also worth consideration is MFLB, a true classic with very large, very loyal, following.

With only one vape, which is sure to eventually fail for some random reason or another, you face combustion. Not a pretty position, best to have alternatives in place for mission critical equipment. A pack of Zig-zags and a Bic lighter doesn't count.

Best wishes with your resurrected Solo.

OF

Last edited:

ashtonford

the solo was a legit legal one it had a serial number and arizer verified it. Its just plain bad business to loose a customer over a 8.00 charger. I found another charger in my box of old chargers I have and it works fine so Iam willing to let the matter drop. But it really makes me question buying another arizer product in the future.

If it's a legitimate unit it should have come with an official charger. Counterfeits come in sealed packages and are sold worldwide. How are you sure you don't have one? IMO the only sure way is through Arizer.

That dealer might be playing it straight, not all are. IMO only one way to find out. IMO also, if he's blowing you off that's not a good sign. How do you rate his Customer Service? He's the one that made the deal with you, not Arizer.

BTW, if you check the law, only the Dealer that sold it to you is 'on the hook' for warranty work, they made the claim it was protected when they took your money. Arizer might or might not cover it (their call), their only legal obligation is to those (few) who bought it directly from them. The Dealer (who may have bought from them) may have a claim in turn with Arizer (or maybe his distributor?), but not you directly. Contract Law says it has to 'go both ways' ("Quid pro quo") to be legally binding. This is why PIs on TV always ask for a dollar 'up front' to make you a client. Until you pay them, there is no contract. What they do on your behalf could well get them thrown in jail otherwise, they don't have a legal client until then.

At the risk of repeating myself, I suggest you send the unit to Arizer. If it's legit they'll repair/replace it.....they'll do right by you, they have a long history of doing so. But it's not realistic to expect them to support the unit until it verified as legit (and given the 'wrong' charger, that's really most likely?).

As another data point, I intentionally bought a 'too good to be true' Air. You'll find it covered in that thread and in the Counterfeits thread. It appeared 'right' and functioned well enough. Without a legitimate one next to it to compare with the 'wrong' (but functional) charger was the easiest thing to spot. Lots of photos there showing this.

If Arizer says 'we never shipped that charger' I suspect they are telling the truth? What other plausible explanation is there? If the battery is not defective it should charge with a good charger. A good charger should try to charge a bad battery, even if that's not possible. If the charger is defective or out of spec it cannot damage a good battery, the charging circuits inside Solo protect the battery absolutely......all it can do is not charge the battery....which is what you see?

Good luck, but I think 'yer chopping, but no chips are flying' here. Send it in, they will repair/replace and return to you in a timely manner if all is Jake and confirm it's a charger problem otherwise? If the battery really is bad, let the pros deal with it?

OF

Cool. Glad you're back in action. Also glad that Arizer really did right by you?

Leaves open how it got into the box and into your hands. Hopefully the rest of the package will hold up under use. Do you have a solid backup Vape? I think you understand the value of this under some conditions, otherwise I suggest you consider a different sort of vape you can enjoy from time to time anyway. Like Vapor Genie, or a personal favorite, Vapman. Both are about half the price of Solo (a common recommendation of mine for 'backup vape' to other owners.....), are very efficient and flexible, and neat in their own right. Also worth consideration is MFLB, a true classic with very large, very loyal, following.

With only one vape, which is sure to eventually fail for some random reason or another, you face combustion. Not a pretty position, best to have alternatives in place for mission critical equipment. A pack of Zig-zags and a Bic lighter doesn't count.

Best wishes with your resurrected Solo.

OF

I have a back up vape, I have one one of the davinci vapes the original ones. its always good to have a back up!

Buzzbomb Almighty

Re: Back-up needed, I'll go along with that, I can't see going back to one Solo. Using it on max all the time through a bubbler really eats up the charge. Re: A bogus charger in the box; very weird, but all's well that ends well. Somewhere along the chain it got in there, and likely impossible to find out where.

ashtonford

Not all vaporizers hold up like the Solo. So you always need to be prepared.
Last night I couldn't sleep and needed some pain relief and I had my Solo close by along with some Diamond OG.

no they said that it was impossible that they had put the wrong charger in my box, and that they would not replace it.

Re: Back-up needed, I'll go along with that, I can't see going back to one Solo. Using it on max all the time through a bubbler really eats up the charge. Re: A bogus charger in the box; very weird, but all's well that ends well. Somewhere along the chain it got in there, and likely impossible to find out where.

absolutely agree, was just taken aback that there was no way they were in the wrong at all. I guess the customer is always right no longer applies. Even the best of company's bean countesr start trying to save money cutting back on good customer service , support and they end up loosing customers and money in the long haul

OF

no they said that it was impossible that they had put the wrong charger in my box, and that they would not replace it.
absolutely agree, was just taken aback that there was no way they were in the wrong at all. I guess the customer is always right no longer applies. Even the best of company's bean countesr start trying to save money cutting back on good customer service , support and they end up loosing customers and money in the long haul

I don't see a 'right or wrong' thing here but rather one of responsibility? You seem to think they are responsible for replacing the unit they claim they never had to start with? A different case, I think, from when the charger is actually their make.

But didn't you start out looking for a new battery? Had they jumped on that you'd be no better off once you got it and installed it. I'd have to say avoiding that and pointing you to the solution was pretty good Customer Service.

Glad you're back to working. For sure you should 'vote with your wallet' and buy a vape you're happy with and enjoy using. But I honestly don't see anything to fault Arizer here, surely potential buyers should not fear the product based on this exchange? Historically their Customer Service has been top notch.

Regards to all.

OF

ashtonford

I don't see a 'right or wrong' thing here but rather one of responsibility? You seem to think they are responsible for replacing the unit they claim they never had to start with? A different case, I think, from when the charger is actually their make.

But didn't you start out looking for a new battery? Had they jumped on that you'd be no better off once you got it and installed it. I'd have to say avoiding that and pointing you to the solution was pretty good Customer Service.

Glad you're back to working. For sure you should 'vote with your wallet' and buy a vape you're happy with and enjoy using. But I honestly don't see anything to fault Arizer here, surely potential buyers should not fear the product based on this exchange? Historically their Customer Service has been top notch.

Regards to all.

OF

no not at all never started out looking for a new battery. Just wanted understanding customer support. and like I said before loosing a customer over a cheap replacement item like a cheap Chinese made ac charger is crazy. Its nice that in the past they have had great customer support, but that needs to continue. they cant live off past reputations

ashtonford,

poonman

no not at all never started out looking for a new battery. Just wanted understanding customer support. and like I said before loosing a customer over a cheap replacement item like a cheap Chinese made ac charger is crazy. Its nice that in the past they have had great customer support, but that needs to continue. they cant live off past reputations

I agree with others , that your squabble is with Vaped.ca .

My charger started to fray at the ends/connectors .
It still function tho , but I was worried about a potential
fire hazzard . It was aprox. 9 mths old . I contacted PV and was sent
a new charger asap .

iirc , I think chargers are covered under warranty ...

ashtonford

I agree with others , that your squabble is with Vaped.ca .

My charger started to fray at the ends/connectors .
It still function tho , but I was worried about a potential
fire hazzard . It was aprox. 9 mths old . I contacted PV and was sent
a new charger asap .

iirc , I think chargers are covered under warranty ...

I disagree how is vaped.ca responceable all they are doing is shipping out factory sealed boxes. Its arizer responceability whats contained in the boxes

ashtonford,
Reactions: OF

Vitolo

Vaporist

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@ashtonford You normally do business with the company you bought your vaporizer from. They could have sold you a vaporizer that could have been fixed (repaired) and put together in a different box? You just never know? It was up to vaporizer.ca to take care of you. Then you contact Arizer as a last resort, and that's what you did. At least we know not to do business with vaporizer.ca.

I've contacted Arizer in the past and was very happy with their customer service.

I am also a 2 Solo household.:leaf:

Last edited:

ashtonford

@ashtonford You normally do business with the company you bought your vaporizer from. They could have sold you a vaporizer that could have been fixed (repair) and put together in a different box? You just never know? It was up to vaporizer.ca to take care of you. Then you contact Arizer as a last resort, and that's what you did. At least we know not to do business with vaporizer.ca.

I've contacted Arizer in the past and was very happy with their customer service.
it seemed like both just wanted to pass the buck and neither really wanted to fix the situation.

Modnote: Reply removed from quote tags

ashtonford,

OF

I disagree how is vaped.ca responceable all they are doing is shipping out factory sealed boxes. Its arizer responceability whats contained in the boxes

I thought I'd explained this, obviously not well enough.

A contract (necessary to prove responsibility for 'redress of grievances') requires both parties to know each other and exchange value. That is the law, based on the Brits way back when. No contract, no responsibility. Period.

The seller represented this as a (genuine) Solo to you, you exchanged money for goods, there's a contract there. The seller never delivered the product described it seems? That is the charger is not genuine. It doesn't matter who put it in the box, really, the responsibility for seeing you get one for your money (the contract) is with them. They, in turn have redress to Airzer or a Distributor. Under some terms not public often. Sometimes this involves the seller returning the duds, sometimes (like with PIU) the seller tests/fixes and resells the products as used (I got some great Solos for $60 to $80 that way), sometimes scrapping the defective products (much like MF does with their warranty replacements).

Let's say, for the sake of the argument that the seller is shady, do you expect Arizer to back that up?

I'd also like to point out that you don't have the slightest proof who put that unauthorized charger in the box. It defies logic Arizer would do it. They have no profit in such risks. Again, counterfeits come in sealed boxes too. FWIW I don't think it's proper for you to continue to insist they did put it in there without something to back that up. Continuing to try to sully their reputation and scare folks off them is not justified here IMO.

Arizer had no control on the terms of sale, the law says they have no contractual responsibility to you because of that, much as some of us might wish otherwise. Different if they sold directly to you. Then you gave them money, the "Quid pro quo" thing necessary for a Contract:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quid_pro_quo

OF

Top Bottom