Arizer Solo

ashtonford

I thought I'd explained this, obviously not well enough.

A contract (necessary to prove responsibility for 'redress of grievances') requires both parties to know each other and exchange value. That is the law, based on the Brits way back when. No contract, no responsibility. Period.

The seller represented this as a (genuine) Solo to you, you exchanged money for goods, there's a contract there. The seller never delivered the product described it seems? That is the charger is not genuine. It doesn't matter who put it in the box, really, the responsibility for seeing you get one for your money (the contract) is with them. They, in turn have redress to Airzer or a Distributor. Under some terms not public often. Sometimes this involves the seller returning the duds, sometimes (like with PIU) the seller tests/fixes and resells the products as used (I got some great Solos for $60 to $80 that way), sometimes scrapping the defective products (much like MF does with their warranty replacements).

Let's say, for the sake of the argument that the seller is shady, do you expect Arizer to back that up?

I'd also like to point out that you don't have the slightest proof who put that unauthorized charger in the box. It defies logic Arizer would do it. They have no profit in such risks. Again, counterfeits come in sealed boxes too. FWIW I don't think it's proper for you to continue to insist they did put it in there without something to back that up. Continuing to try to sully their reputation and scare folks off them is not justified here IMO.

Arizer had no control on the terms of sale, the law says they have no contractual responsibility to you because of that, much as some of us might wish otherwise. Different if they sold directly to you. Then you gave them money, the "Quid pro quo" thing necessary for a Contract:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quid_pro_quo

OF

the fact is neither company stepped up to solve the situation. There is no reason for either not to offer to replace the cheap little charger. Its a matter of good faith as well as good business to want to help the customers of your products out. Word of mouth is your best advertisement. regardless the situation wasent handled in a professional matter. people need to hear the truth not just sound like fan boys of a company

Last edited by a moderator:
ashtonford,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It's so weird. I have so many vaporizers (see my sig), but I keep coming back to my Solo! I like the effects and how it effectively extracts the good stuff, in comparison to my other vapes. :)
T6ba52Y.jpg

Sometimes the SOLO DRY is all right! @CarolKing made me understand DRY!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Vapor Trails The shorty uses less cannabis (smaller bowl). The turbo is an open bore hole with a screen. There is a little beveled edge that the screen sits on. Stem length is the same with a shorty - it just affects the bowl size.

Yes, the non shorty holds the same as the factory stem.

Last edited:

Vapor Trails

@CarolKing Hmm, I wonder if the shorter load vapes better. Does the non shorty hold the same as the factory piece? I ordered some Solo screens off of eBay that have sides to them that I'm hoping will fit since they fit the stock stems.

mizjewels

Just wanted to report Arizer confirmed my solo is counterfeit. The very generously offered to let me purchase a brand new solo from them for $99 if I send in the counterfeit. I think I am going to take them up on that offer.

However, while waiting to hear from them, I was able to purchase a solo here on the FC classifieds and it arrived in record time and with extra goodies! I'm a happy camper :buzz:

OF

Just wanted to report Arizer confirmed my solo is counterfeit. The very generously offered to let me purchase a brand new solo from them for $99 if I send in the counterfeit.

Bummer for sure, but this time with a sliver lining? Good of Arizer to swap with you, perhaps they'll learn something useful in analyzing it?

Sounds like you'll soon be in tall cotton with a brand new Solo backing up your 'great deal used unit' from a fellow Member? That's cool, too.

Sadly I think we'll be seeing more counterfeits, and more sophisticated, as time goes on. Greed is driving this, a strong motive in any language. IMO the right response is to be extremely careful (and willing to take the loss) or better still stick with PIU and the other Dealers we know well and who have a history of strong support. Great to have a strong advocate for you (like Randy) rather than the run around some get.......

Out of curiosity, did the charger with the counterfeit match the genuine units? TIA

Congrats on coming out on top of what could have been a very disappointing experience.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Bummer for sure, but this time with a sliver lining? Good of Arizer to swap with you, perhaps they'll learn something useful in analyzing it?

Sounds like you'll soon be in tall cotton with a brand new Solo backing up your 'great deal used unit' from a fellow Member? That's cool, too.

Sadly I think we'll be seeing more counterfeits, and more sophisticated, as time goes on. Greed is driving this, a strong motive in any language. IMO the right response is to be extremely careful (and willing to take the loss) or better still stick with PIU and the other Dealers we know well and who have a history of strong support. Great to have a strong advocate for you (like Randy) rather than the run around some get.......

Out of curiosity, did the charger with the counterfeit match the genuine units? TIA

Congrats on coming out on top of what could have been a very disappointing experience.

OF
puffitup
planet vapes
or direct when you buy vaporizers.

Don't feel bad I got burnt by not following my own logic! (once)

The SOLO is basic however it's easy to use!
HUT0j8K.jpg

we all have geographical challenges. 62% is Ideal for CANNABIS = CIVILIZED

Last edited:

VapeHeadz

puffitup
planet vapes
or direct when you buy vaporizers.

Don't feel bad I got burnt by not following my own logic! (once)

The SOLO is basic however it's easy to use!
HUT0j8K.jpg

we all have geographical challenges. 62% is Ideal for CANNABIS = CIVILIZED

Or Australian Vaporisers for any Aussies on here, Aus Vapes sell the real deal and are very nice and easy to deal with and post orders out quickly.

poonman

who are the best companys in Canada to do business with? for vapes etc.

I've had good interactions with Planetvape.ca .
You can utilize their ' chat ' communicator and have your queries
answered before purchasing .

If the Canadian dollar was in better shape , I would have
no worries ordering from Puffitup.com in the US .

btw , I hope you don't let a " faulty / bad " charger ruin
your enjoyment of the actual vape itself .
I hear ya , shit happens , and it sucks it happened to you .

ashtonford

I've had good interactions with Planetvape.ca .
You can utilize their ' chat ' communicator and have your queries
answered before purchasing .

If the Canadian dollar was in better shape , I would have
no worries ordering from Puffitup.com in the US .

btw , I hope you don't let a " faulty / bad " charger ruin
your enjoyment of the actual vape itself .
I hear ya , shit happens , and it sucks it happened to you .

Iam gonna use them next time finding a good one in canada is important

sickmanfraud

uhranium

so I just realized, that not my solo is broken, but the part where I can charge the battery.

This means, that the solo still will run with a charged battery. Now, how do I charge the connected batteries of the solo? i have no clue with electronic stuff, is there something I can buy that directly connects to the little plug the solo battery container has?

thanks

OF

This means, that the solo still will run with a charged battery. Now, how do I charge the connected batteries of the solo? i have no clue with electronic stuff, is there something I can buy that directly connects to the little plug the solo battery container has?

No, not really. The charge control is built into the Solo, the part that actually monitors and controls the charging and ends the cycle. Normally such packs use a 'balance charger' (like is used on R/C models) that has an extra lead brought out so each cell is charged as an individual. This avoids problems with the protection PCB in the battery pack when externally charging.

And even if you were lucky enough to get an external 2 cell charger (simulating the Solo circuits) because Arizer for whatever reason USED THE OPPOSITE POLARITY ON THE BATTERY CONNECTOR, the JST polarity is 'wired backwards' from standard. Almost certainly fatal to the battery (and charger?), probably in a spectacular manner.

"Danger, Will Robinson!, I recommend abandoning this plan.

What is the base problem now? Broken connector? Cable or Solo?

OF

Vital

Solo fell down for the 30st time, I used it for 2 hours afterwards, with the battery being full. When I tried to charge it, only the blue idle light lit up. Clearly solo associated.

Have you tried resetting your Solo?

Hopefully this will assist you with troubleshooting and then you can determine the best way to resolve this issue quickly. You may be able to manually reset your Solo.

Please try the following:

Plug the charger into the wall outlet

Plug the charger into the Solo unit press and hold both buttons for approximately 4 seconds

wait for 10 seconds then unplug from charger

Once you have done this try out the unit again. If the problem persists, the issue may be due to a problem with the charger. Please make sure that the charger is fully connected to the Solo for a proper charge. If you check the connections and they are secured properly but the problem persists, please check to see if the red light on the charger illuminates when you try to charge the unit. If the light on the charger does not light up then the problem is most certainly due to a faulty charger. Also, if you know anyone with the same unit, perhaps you can try using their charger with your Solo to confirm if the problem is the charger or the Solo unit itself.

Hope this helps...

The bottom plate on my Solo is broken as well, I never thought anything about it. The plastic around the 4 screws is basically all gone and there are two long cracks almost all the way across. Is this thing going to fall apart on me? I use it just about daily! Can you get the plate separately?

If it's still under warranty Arizer will repair or replace your Solo at no charge. Contact their customer service department, they are very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

uhranium

thanks ,but I already tried the portable charger on the solo, and they both do the same. here is what happens:

plug it in at 12v: the idle and charge (red) button light up
at 9v: red charge lights up, blue idle and 1-3 yellow lights are on/off in a 0,6second intervall

"resetting" does nothing as he doesn't care for me pressing buttons when the cable is plugged in. it's a 2011 solo.

also this charger is completely new (run less than 12 hours since I got it a few weeks ago) and the problem happens with the old and the new battery.

my stance on this is that I need to get a new solo and switch batteries to charge both ones and get the old solo running (as a backup unit 80% loaded or so)

BreeJay

Jethro said:
The bottom plate on my Solo is broken as well, I never thought anything about it. The plastic around the 4 screws is basically all gone and there are two long cracks almost all the way across. Is this thing going to fall apart on me? I use it just about daily! Can you get the plate separately?

If it's still under warranty Arizer will repair or replace your Solo at no charge. Contact their customer service department, they are very helpful.
Wait, they do cover that under warranty?

I had the exact same problem, and was told by Arizer I was out of luck. I just checked, and I am still under warranty, and would love to get it fixed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom