Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
BonG's are UNCIVILIZED!
Large mouth pieces are for people who are 1,000's of years behind development!

I break glass!

So what that's what I do!

I have to deal with it.

@kellya86 I think we all have a different perceptive about VAPORIZING?
I have a SOLO I use everyday.
I tried so many others but they were goofy?
For the $ I like the SOLO because it's a no trills get done portable.
To me the others are for collecting.

When I was growing up CANNABIS was free and to pay for it was kind of strange?
It would be the same price as carrots?

Safer than beer?
Safer than SODA?

Let's be honest at least?

Last edited:

OF

Turns out my (less than a year old) solo, is unfixable, and they will be sending me a replacement...

I'm shocked, really thought it would be a simple fix...

Oh well, least I get a new solo....

I'm not surprised at all. In fact, I'd expect replacement really. "Repair or replace" at their option is standard 'boiler plate' in warranty speak. For very good reasons, IMO.

First, how are you going to handle repair QC? The only 'sure' way is to use the real Inspectors and their equipment.....which means at the factory or subcontractor in cases of repair to sub assemblies. And that's not sure, you're inspecting/certifying USED equipment, there could easily be a hidden fault lurking and just think about the downside of returning a repaired product that fails in the same way? That becomes a very expensive mistake. Very expensive.

Unless you do a solid "Root Cause Analysis" (RCA) on the failure you can't be sure you've really fixed it. What happens, say, if the reason the oven burned out is because the temperature regulator on the board sometimes 'locks up' when hot and leaves the heater on 'full blast'. You find the defective heater (killed by the controller lock up), replace it and test it well in Canada. Then send it back to New Mexico in the summertime?

Cost of troubleshooting (at say $50/hour, probably more), repair, and inspection can easily exceed the production cost of a replacement on a 'low ticket' product like this. You have to fix a defective car in warranty, you replace a ball point pen, hammer and (usually) a toaster. Or you do/should if you want to stay in business......

BTW, getting a new replacement doesn't 'reset' the warranty. The replacement oven is still covered for life, the rest for one more year (two from original purchase) and the battery not at all?

Unlike you, I'd expect replacement in such cases (after stuff is verified of course). And have more confidence in it as well.

Enjoy your 'brand new' unit, I suspect you'll also net some stems and a charger from the ordeal?

OF

Jethro

unbreakable GonG?

I recently got a Ed's short 14mm WonG and I'm loving it. It's great that it doesn't stick to the glass like my PVGonG's do so it's easier to clear the bubbler. The GonG's are like they fit too perfectly, so it can take some wiggling to release the GonG from my D020-d. The Ed's WonG is unbreakable and I like it a BUNCH. Wish I had got one a long time ago.

I was able to use my snap ring pliers to make the bowl a little smaller for economy and also I use the domed screens put in backwards... it's perfect.

The only thing i don't have is a water tool with a 14mm joint, so I have to use a reducer, so if anyone has any suggestions for a good 14mm piece, I'm shopping for one.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I recently got a Ed's short 14mm WonG and I'm loving it. It's great that it doesn't stick to the glass like my PVGonG's do so it's easier to clear the bubbler. The GonG's are like they fit too perfectly, so it can take some wiggling to release the GonG from my D020-d. The Ed's WonG is unbreakable and I like it a BUNCH. Wish I had got one a long time ago.

I was able to use my snap ring pliers to make the bowl a little smaller for economy and also I use the domed screens put in backwards... it's perfect.

The only thing i don't have is a water tool with a 14mm joint, so I have to use a reducer, so if anyone has any suggestions for a good 14mm piece, I'm shopping for one.
I'm sure they work great for you and others?
I can't put WOOD on my mouth?
Feels weird to me?

COMPOSITE materials would be the solution!

I haven't used the SOLO with water in months!
Dry stem PHVES one left!

I love the SOLO however glass attachments hate me!

OF

@OF I guess this is my last ditch effort to keep my SOLO alive?

I'm embarrassed to order anything for it?

Nonsense. It's just a delay in the quest. And a chance for you to spread a little more of that hard earned money around, folks are hurting out there. Every time you break glass, their job security goes up.

Not much of a system, but it is what it is.

Don't you go changing, we kinda like you the way you are.

Besides what you might change into deserves some consideration........

OF

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
Hello,
It's simple. On the photo you can see how it works. There now I do not have a battery, but normally there fits. Just delicate saw a bit of skill. But there is a reserve for it to be a bit awkward.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhul8thooy9tby9/04.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/es6blqlrl6mrbbh/05.JPG?dl=0

I wonder, have produced the second part of a whole piece would consist of two ... my bottom and the rest. But it is quite complicated, and the price would not be the lowest.

I've had feedback that should be of interest to anyone. Not possible to produce it by one. Only that it will be more interested.
Cost estimate cca 25$ + postage. But I say ... one can not be produced because of the cost

tajtrlik
I will try to create a new version. So that it was according to the law. Are there any comments on the removal of the serial number. It will be very similar. It will be putting on over the original plastic bottom.:rockon:

OF

Are there any comments on the removal of the serial number. It will be putting on over the original plastic bottom.

I suggest you leave the number where it is (no need to remove it), just cover it with your plate. If you want to get really fancy, why not put a window in the plate where the S/N is?

Good luck with your project. I'm sure there are many owners that would be interested if you can sort it out.

OF

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
My Solo is my middle of the night vaporizer. Sometimes I have a pain flair up and can't sleep.

Yes, my Solo stays right on the bed... ready to go. And so safe for the disabled or soon to be sleeping user. No flame to start a fire and shuts itself off too. One of the best medical devices that is not a medical device.

ashtonford

Have a question purchased my solo in February and I noticed yesterday that its stopped charging, when I plug in the charger the led lights do not cycle anymore just stays at the blue idle blinking light. Is this a bad battery issue?

ashtonford,
Reactions: CarolKing

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Have a question purchased my solo in February and I noticed yesterday that its stopped charging, when I plug in the charger the led lights do not cycle anymore just stays at the blue idle blinking light. Is this a bad battery issue?
I would call or email whoever you bought yours from. You will need to send it back right away so you can get a replacement. We don't see on this thread many 6 month old Solos biting the dust like this. Even if it is a battery, they are $40 or $45 so kind of expensive. @OF will need to speak on battery integrity.

ashtonford

I would call or email whoever you bought yours from. You will need to send it back right away so you can get a replacement. We don't see on this thread many 6 month old Solos biting the dust like this. Even if it is a battery, they are $40 or $45 so kind of expensive.

Ok thanks I contacted the place I purchased it from. They said they will get back to me soon

Jethro

My Solo has been to hell and back!! It's a miracle that it still works but it's flawless. It's been dropped on the ice while fishing, dropped on the floor, my dog has knocked it over... it's all knicked up and even though it's a black one it's turning aluminum in color... I'm starting to have a little collection of vapes but I tell you, if my Solo failed it would be replaced immediately.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Also wondering if anybody has contacted Arizer directly about this issue. This Solo is about 1 1/2 years old and I`m wondering how well they stand behind a product that clearly does have an issue with the base plate, since many of us have experienced the same problem...
I seem to remember a user sending in a Solo for replacement a very long time ago on this thread.
I could have been an ebay seller though. The washers may end up saving your Solo.

I disagree...Arizer offers a 2 year warranty against any defect in manufacture. This is clearly a defect in manufacture and therefore a warranty issue.

With that said, as a Solo owner for sever

What I did state, and I stand by my statement, is that there is an inherent defect in manufacture of the bottom plate in the most recent versions of the Solo.

And just for the record, I own 2 Solos and I like them a lot...that doesn`t change the inherent defect in manufacture of the base plate and their responsibility to repair or replace the defective part under the terms of their warranty.

I hope that`s clear enough.

I really have to agree with that. This problem has been around for a long time. In my opinion the design could have been changed to fix this by now. It may be as simple as making the plastic on the base a little thicker. To go on producing a product with a known flaw is simply wrong....unless they will replace the unit on warranty. Perhaps they have millions of these parts produced and need to use them up. I still agree, they should send you another one.

With that said, as a Solo owner for over 5 years (I have 2 now) I regard this as a minor problem. If the tiny washers are applied to the base before cracking starts you may avoid and certainly minimize the problem from the start.

Last edited:

sundaddy

I had that happen once. I fixed it by tapping the inside of the bowl with the back of an x-acto handle (no blade of course). A couple good taps (fairly heavy), and it worked. There is also a reset ritual you do with the charger, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

kilrtjat

Accessory Maker
yes, this problem is almost everyone. producer said me to fuck off :-) some time it will take, but I'll try to make it. the window for the serial number I do not know whether it will be. I do not have original part :-)

kilrtjat,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

I found a standard GonG 14mm in my junk pile.

Looks like I will charge the SOLO with my GIZMO from @OF
The bubbler is my first piece
I had some GAME CHANGER OG (found it in a strange place)?
I hate large mouth pieces so I rigged it. (system "D")
rq3BjuH.jpg
GcqNXno.jpg

I spent my young gun years barefoot.
Trying to catch-up = CIVILIZED
@kellya86 did you get your SOLO fixed?

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Just heard back from vaped.ca they said that the solo was under warranty and to contact solo about it

Exactly the reason I love me some PIU.....Solo that was a little more than a year old ceased working. PIU asked that it be sent to them for a check-up. Not wanting to be without the Solo for long... another was ordered at the same time. PIU gave a nice discount on the new one and a week or so later sent another new one to replace the broken one.

ashtonford

I would call or email whoever you bought yours from. You will need to send it back right away so you can get a replacement. We don't see on this thread many 6 month old Solos biting the dust like this. Even if it is a battery, they are $40 or $45 so kind of expensive. @OF will need to speak on battery integrity.

got a email from Arizer requesting the info about my solo, she said they will see what they can do for me

Top Bottom