Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
what is so convenient about the pipe's SOLO stand ?

Can someone please give good pictures.
It is rugged and functions as protection for the bottom plate, that used to crack in some units.
But otherwise.
What do i miss ?

@buzzbomb
thank you for the comparison.
Wow, the d020-9 seems to hold double the air volume.
very nice

i like the d020 cause i can grab it like a bottle of beer

what is known about the SOLO/air performing on a FC-Ufo ?
Bubblers like a D020 and others with a small can for a portable.
Small water pipes like D020-D or similar work well with a LOG (D022 is one that comes to mind)
Larger water pipes like a FC186 are nice with a desk top!
FC-UFO use with a DESK TOP
HYDRO-TUBES are nice as well however a Larger Can than what is available.
The SOLO I like the D020 most for it. We all like something different!
The D020-9 (I thought it was -D?) is the size of my FC 187.
I use it with a LOG.
MY lung's might be small?

Last edited:

Buzzbomb Almighty

@buzzbomb
.i like the d020 cause i can grab it like a bottle of beer

The circumference of the D020-9 is closer to that of a can of beer, but the little one is close to the weight. The SSS 14mm gong, although a loose fit, delivers a nice easy hit with an adapter in the D020 or straight into the Pinnacle. It isn't a very big piece, and the bowl isn't big either, but that seems to be a good thing. I bit a few holes in an o-ring and set it under the cap, gently snugged it down, (I held out for this long..), I also took one of the rubber bands from the packaging and wrapped it a few times around the gong where it seats on the solo, just a tad more stability.
w5QkSw1.jpg

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Just buy that black Solo for your backup. I did, nice having both colors for those that can't make up their mind. Glad I had the extra one when a battery went down in one after 2 years. I rotate the Solos. I use one while the other charges. My take on "charge while using".

I see this guy in Washington using a green house.
We only had 5 acres in HAWAII a long the beach.
Hippies grew outside!

The SOLO I have is Black I might paint it PINK?

What is cool is to see this guy have the same attitude as I?

Morning = SATIVA
Afternoon = HYBRID
Evening = INDICA

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC:
Just got in the mail today, the gift for my combuster friend, a SOLO.
Hey guys, a simple question????
I can't remember, do we fully charge the Solo till green light stops and/or longer before using for first time?? If I need to keep charging it after green light stopped, for how long more do I need to charge it??
I'm sorry, I bought my Solos long time ago, can't remember now what I did with them 4 years ago.
I'm charging it now, so my friend don't need to worry or do anything. Just open the box and vape.
I already ISOed the straight stem, I'm still trying to fit the fine mesh SS screen on the stem, those new stems are a bitch to place the screen. I need to check with my old stems to compare.
I remember 2012 stems were different, bigger holes and so.
Man, I love my 2xSolos from Puffitup from 2012. They never stop working. Never changed batteries yet. I used them a lot with the old school bypass plug-in. No need now, with the charging while using I guess, or is it still better to use the by-pass?
I use Solos a lot while driving. I have an OG masterpiece from the one and only @OF that allows me to vape with my 2 Solos at the same time if I want, back to back, no need to wait, one of them is always ready while the other is heating ;) or share one, sometimes I get greedy jajajaja
Just set and go. No worries at all.
Thanks guys for everything.
Stay vaped...

OF

Hola FC:
Just got in the mail today, the gift for my combuster friend, a SOLO.
Hey guys, a simple question????
I can't remember, do we fully charge the Solo till green light stops and/or longer before using for first time?? If I need to keep charging it after green light stopped, for how long more do I need to charge it??
I'm sorry, I bought my Solos long time ago, can't remember now what I did with them 4 years ago.

First off, congrats. That's the sort of friend to have.......

Your memory is spot on. First charge only 'overcharge' by like four hours before first serious discharge (making heat/vapor).

After that, best battery life comes from stopping charge before the LED stops flashing (that is with 7 lit but still not done). No big deal, but every time you do this you 'double the life'. That is a battery that might normally last 300 'cycles' will now do 600. A nice bonus.

Also I suggest you avoid 'use while charging' it works the battery hard since it has to draw battery power to heat (the charger only supplies a fraction of the necessary total). This is 'hammering' (charge, then discharge, then charge, then discharge....) is especially bad at the discharged end (where it's most likely to happen 'in an emergency'. Best to use it or charge it but not at the same time.

Given only one of those choices, I recommend enjoying it first, then charging it up and tending to the stem. Your call.

Good weekend to all.

OF

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Initially you need the charge a new Solo for about 8+ hours. After that when its charged, stop charging before the green light stops blinking. Like right after the last 7th light lights up.

@OF beat me to it. Quick service around these parts. This is a very friendly place within the FC community of threads. A big warm welcome to all new Solo owners.

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I don't ever really feel the need to rush with my Solo. A lot of the time I'll vape one stem over the course of two full 10 minute "sessions," turning the Solo back on after the auto-shutoff. Sometimes I notice a little trickle of vapor coming out of the stem while it's sitting there, but it doesn't seem to waste a whole lot, IME.

I also have a VaporGenie, that would fall under the category of "on demand". I don't use it as frequently as my Solo, but I make sure to show it some love every once in a while. I think it's a great little vape. Some situations call for the VaporGenie, for others, the Solo is preferable. Soon I'll have a VapCap, I'm sure that one will work it's way into my daily routine as well. One of the best things about vaping is all of the different options we have when it comes to different vapes, glass, etc.

:2c:

:peace:

Sure, you betcha! Guilty twice. A personal favorite is the VM which you heat for every hit. It uses a torch and heats in seconds and does an amazing job with a tiny load of herb. You might check it out, lots of happy campers on that Forum.

Also well worth considering IMO is the Summit. Also set up for a hit at a time and stealth. You press it's 'big button' and it buzzes back and heats to your preset. Half a minute or so later it buzzes 3 times to tell you it's ready to deliver a hit or two (you have like a 90 second window) then it powers off again automatically. I have one friend who uses it while walking the dog and another that keeps it bedside for nighttime 'emergencies'. He doesn't have to get up to take a couple hits to get back to sleep without waking the wife next to him. I keep mine charged and loaded at the computer, I'm prone to grab it and head out to the back yard for 'a bit of fresh air'. Perhaps not as frugal as the VM but I think a gram definitely lasts longer than in my FMs.

OF

Thanks for the advise guys!

I have to start saving my coins to try one of those! I wish there was a place/way to try vapes without having to buy first. It would also be nice to have friends who vape too but I'm alone on that front, even my son won't vape....they like blunts <Yuck>.

sickmanfraud

Sure, you betcha! Guilty twice. A personal favorite is the VM which you heat for every hit. It uses a torch and heats in seconds and does an amazing job with a tiny load of herb. You might check it out, lots of happy campers on that Forum.

Also well worth considering IMO is the Summit. Also set up for a hit at a time and stealth. You press it's 'big button' and it buzzes back and heats to your preset. Half a minute or so later it buzzes 3 times to tell you it's ready to deliver a hit or two (you have like a 90 second window) then it powers off again automatically. I have one friend who uses it while walking the dog and another that keeps it bedside for nighttime 'emergencies'. He doesn't have to get up to take a couple hits to get back to sleep without waking the wife next to him. I keep mine charged and loaded at the computer, I'm prone to grab it and head out to the back yard for 'a bit of fresh air'. Perhaps not as frugal as the VM but I think a gram definitely lasts longer than in my FMs.

OF

Want to mention that I too have a Summit and enjoy it. There is a new version on the way Summit+ with numerous improvements including Bluetooth connectivity.

Back to Solo...

Forgot to mention, a few pages back that the Solo beats the Air not only in heat up time, but it tells you what temp it is at as it gets to your desired temp.

On the Solo, if you selected temp 5 you may decide to start taking hits at three or 4. Or you may look over at the Solo see it is only at the second temp and you have a few seconds to pour a cold drink, etc.

With the Air, you have no idea how soon it would hit the selected temp.

Point Solo +

OF

There is a new version on the way Summit+ with numerous improvements including Bluetooth connectivity.

With the Air, you have no idea how soon it would hit the selected temp.

I can help you out there, man, it takes like forever...... Some saw about a watched pot? You're absolutely right, a gauge of progress is reassuring and useful. Even the little 'running bar' graphic in windows that shows you the computer is still working and hasn't crashed is reassuring.

The bluetooth thing brings up some fun projects, like hack a BT to increase it's range, to say theater size? Then see how many patrons are 'holding'........

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

I've been trying to get the most out of my stuff from Sun Shine Store for a couple of days, testing, switching parts, watching a couple of tutorials on youtube, and the Pinnacle portable worked, but I wasn't getting a heavy cloud and there was always water splattering up a bit, hitting my mouth. I was using it and happened to glance down and noticed a glass guitar player's slide that I'd picked up at work cleaning the club, and a roll of teflon tape beside it. Couple of wraps and it drops right in there, a better hit and no backwash. The slide has a sticker proclaiming it to be a Dunlop 210, if you go get one in the music store tell them you usually play solo. :lol:
WE2QX5b.jpg

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I think my solo came very close to combusting last night.

After finishing a 12 minute session, I needed a couple more minutes to finish the stem so I turned the Solo on and hit it one more time but instead of turning it off, I left it on by mistake.

By the time it turned off, it had a smell of burnt. The abv was black and the stem wreaked to the point it had to be clean with iso.

I had never experienced that with either the Solo or flowermate so.....

Has that every happened to any of you guys?

CarolKing

I've never combusted with the Solo. I've had one of my Solos for three years. I've charred my cannabis where the ABV was blackish brown and the vapor had a nasty taste. I use temp 6 sometimes and use temp 7 when I've sandwiched concentrates and put shatter in cotton on temp 7. I use temp 7 with a water tool.

Some folks probably draw deeper than I do. Longer deeper draws I would think make a difference. It would get hotter. Does the Solo get hot enough to combust? I personally don't know. Good material for conversation.:)

Last edited:

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I've never combusted with the Solo. I've had one of my Solos for three years. I've charred my cannabis where the ABV was blackish brown and the vapor had a nasty taste. I use temp 6 sometimes and use temp 7 when I've sandwiched concentrates and put shatter in cotton on temp 7. I use temp 7 with a water tool.

Some folks probably draw deeper than I do. Longer deeper draws I would think make a difference. It would get hotter. Does the Solo get hot enough to combust? I personally don't know. Good material for conversation.:)

I think that's exactly what happened.....it charred the cannabis! It did smelled awful!

It was probably my fault for running two straight 12 minute sessions.....the last one (my mistake again) at level 7!

I didn't like it one bit!

Is it possible to combust?

Last edited:

OF

I didn't like it one bit!

Is it possible to combust?

No doubt about it, few of us do like it that high without a WT, and some of us not even then. You've got plenty of company. A piece of advice, if you don't like it don't do it? Once you're sure you don't like it, time to move on I figure. Lots of stuff to explore.

It should not be possible to combust, and many have tried very hard to do so. Feel free to be the first. If you manage to do so you will know it....... Way different than overcooked herb. You'll like it even less.

Best wishes with your Solo, it's a powerful tool for sure with many facets.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
No doubt about it, few of us do like it that high without a WT, and some of us not even then. You've got plenty of company. A piece of advice, if you don't like it don't do it? Once you're sure you don't like it, time to move on I figure. Lots of stuff to explore.

It should not be possible to combust, and many have tried very hard to do so. Feel free to be the first. If you manage to do so you will know it....... Way different than overcooked herb. You'll like it even less.

OF
RKlsMru.jpg

This why I must make unbreakable s!

CarolKing

@ataxian 's vaporization station is in the bathroom too. It's any wonder how much glass he breaks with all those hard surfaces. All that tile! I'm jealous of the pool and the nice warm weather all the time. When do we all meet for a pool party? I will bring some awesome bud, also ingredients for nachos.

Had the Solo out and about over the weekend. Also had it out in the garden. A good unit to have if you need to be untethered and something sturdy.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian 's vaporization station is in the bathroom too. It's any wonder how much glass he breaks with all those hard surfaces. All that tile! I'm jealous of the pool and the nice warm weather all the time. When do we all meet for a pool party? I will bring some awesome bud, also ingredients for nachos.

Had the Solo out and about over the weekend. Also had it out in the garden. A good unit to have if you need to be untethered and something sturdy.

I bought this curved stem recommended by @Quetzalcoatl
Broke it no matter how careful I am!
@OF was helping me figure out what to do?
@macbill had some ideals I liked. (carpet is not allowed so I have a broken glass budget)!

Now I can't see 2 feet in front of me?
I should be vaping HYBRID however this JACK FROST is like a F18 flying upside down!

SOLO time is 420 that's less than 2 hour's from now!

8qaJ6aK.jpg

Last edited:

Alegre

Pobre payaso

OF

My preferred temps are 3 and 4 but I also like taking a last hit at 7 to finish the stem.

Won't be making the same mistake again!.....I hope!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker

Well-over three years now into my ironclad Solo and never combusted, and not a single malfunction of any kind either. Solo is still the best multi-purpose vape IMO after all these years. The Solo's trustworthiness has earned my loyalty just like an old friend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom