Arizer Solo

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
So I just bought a Solo and the bent PVHES so I'm pretty pumped for it to arrive on Friday. Does anyone have a good whip assessory that fits on this that could connect it to one of my bongs? I don't really feel comfortable flipping the thing over and shoving it in.

Is it just the regular PVHES stem? Not a ground glass end right? 1/2 inch silicone tubing is what I've bought and can be worked around the end of the stem. Re: putting it upside down, just be careful not to fumble the stem when you take it off to draw. The way my regular desktop rig is, with a 14mm stem, the Solo sits on the stem and the whole thing is stable. You can buy one of these

https://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/pr...ale_90_degree_large_hose/handmade/accessories

depending on your joint size (that's 18mm, you can get 14mm as well, and in female joints too), and hook up the other end of the silicone tubing to that, so that you can have a glass on glass connection with the whip and bong and Solo.

so I have 2 bent solo stems and wanna reclaim. No ISO at hand, any ideas?
Scrape with something! Toothpick or unbent paper clip?

poonman

I did watch more videos. I didn't realize the Solo was actually sort of small. I only got a stem but I'll probably buy a gong for it. It should stay standing slotted into my bong.

You can def. invert it into your bong if you like .
Keep us posted with your experience .
My Solos doing Handstands .

ioiseaD.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You can def. invert it into your bong if you like .
Keep us posted with your experience .
My Solos doing Handstands .

ioiseaD.jpg
@poonman your one gnarly dude!
MONO-TONE VAPORING PORTABLE
MUTI-TONE with a SOLO is perfect balance
jUobVxD.jpg

420 respect in CALIFORNA DREAMING
KUSH STICKY FROSTY SWEET EFFECT INSANE HOWEVER STABLE
3rYHlWB.jpg

Nothing to fear but fear it's self!

Last edited:

HomeFree

I think my solo came very close to combusting last night.

After finishing a 12 minute session, I needed a couple more minutes to finish the stem so I turned the Solo on and hit it one more time but instead of turning it off, I left it on by mistake.

By the time it turned off, it had a smell of burnt. The abv was black and the stem wreaked to the point it had to be clean with iso.

I had never experienced that with either the Solo or flowermate so.....

Has that every happened to any of you guys?

I have forgotten as well, at a high temp too. You can smell it a lot more because you weren't inhaling it directly. I did some with chemdog and it smelled like carne asada at first (I thought a neighbor was cooking), then smelled like burnt popcorn which made me remember. I have noticed a bad taste when fresh herb touches the oven directly at a high temp. Make sure no flower is touching the oven if you go high temp at the very least. I use the tip of my finger to lightly tamp down the stem.

You can always empty it out and rub it between your fingers to see any evidence of combustion. I have done similar and it came out really really dark in some areas, but left zero ash. I don't like super high temp because it seems to kill the taste and has a different taste overall, like a scorched taste or something.

It just smells bad when overvaping or leaving on a solo for too long at too high a temp. I have smelled sulfur smell too. Forgot about many a load.

On a light note, nothing to fear but accidentally squatting on ataxian's solo! ;)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have forgotten as well, at a high temp too. You can smell it a lot more because you weren't inhaling it directly. I did some with chemdog and it smelled like carne asada at first (I thought a neighbor was cooking), then smelled like burnt popcorn which made me remember. I have noticed a bad taste when fresh herb touches the oven directly at a high temp. Make sure no flower is touching the oven if you go high temp at the very least. I use the tip of my finger to lightly tamp down the stem.

You can always empty it out and rub it between your fingers to see any evidence of combustion. I have done similar and it came out really really dark in some areas, but left zero ash. I don't like super high temp because it seems to kill the taste and has a different taste overall, like a scorched taste or something.

It just smells bad when overvaping or leaving on a solo for too long at too high a temp. I have smelled sulfur smell too. Forgot about many a load.

On a light note, nothing to fear but accidentally squatting on ataxian's solo! ;)
Cool!
If MY SOLO died I wound get another one right away!
The design of the SOLO is awesome too me!

I read with mine and garden too!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

Yup, the bit I bolded is what I think is happening. I've mentioned it before a bunch of times, but the thread's damn near 1500 pages now so it's lost in translation. When you pack the stem, give it a light tamp down. If you look closely, the rim of the stem has a pretty slight sort of ledge around the inside of the rim. I pack the material down past that. Hell, when I am vaping dry with the straight stem, I go so far as to place a second screen over the flower to prevent any sort of contact with the oven. The screen does heat up obviously but it seems to take up enough heat to not excessively vaporize the material it comes into contact with. I only know about that little ledge on the inside rim of the stem because early on when I was playing around with the "two screen method" I used a screen that was cut almost exactly to size, I just had to indent the middle slightly to get it to fit in evenly on top, and to my surprise the edge of the screen caught the ledge and held in place perfectly, maximizing the amount of flower I could fit between the two screens. Anyways, most people find this excessive. Like I said, I only really use this when vaping dry, because when using it through water with my setups the stem and Solo are both inverted.

@Alegre, you could try doing the "hamster method" where you load the stem and tamp down like mentioned, and when you insert the stem and heat it up, you actually hold it upside down and take the first draw or two or three like that. The load is tamped and upside down with gravity keeping it in place as well as the air flowing in that direction, plus the heat of the first few hits will melt the trichomes and the oils will act like glue and keep the load together when you flip it right side up. I think in the entire thread we've had two or three actual combustion events, and I think that was the result of broken heat sensors so the unit would just heat and heat and heat. Yours sounds like it's working fine, just now how you'd like it to work. If it did combust you'd get ash. I've seen and tasted the very dark stuff that ends up sitting on the oven at level 7. It tastes really bad and is really really dark. I've been able to get my loads as dark as spent coffee grounds, and that didn't taste as bad as the stuff that sat on the actual metal heating surface.

A1

I've had my Solo for about a year and a half now and I still love it like I did on day one.

After reading all these posts about the different water filtration set up's you guys use for your Solo's, I think I'm about ready to pull the trigger and get a water piece of my own .

I've narrowed it down to a few options on dhgate.

Option1-Option2-Option3-[links to option 4 and 5 removed]

I'm wondering if any of you Solo enthusiasts can give me your opinions, or any other info on these pieces, or certain sellers on dhgate.

Also I asume I'll have to pick up an
18mm Solo gong adapters aswell.

Modnote: Links to labeled counterfeit glass removed

Last edited by a moderator:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I've had my Solo for about a year and a half now and I still love it like I did on day one.

I'm wondering if any of you Solo enthusiasts can give me your opinions, or any other info on these pieces, or certain sellers on dhgate.

You can see from my sig that I'm using the D020-D bubbler and 14mm Gong. No complaints other than how long it took for me get around to buying them. I don't have any experience with the others you've linked.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

After reading all these posts about the different water filtration set up's you guys use for your Solo's, I think I'm about ready to pull the trigger and get a water piece of my own .

I've narrowed it down to a few options on dhgate.

PORTABLES Bubbler small can
LOGS medium cans
Desktop larger cans

Buzzbomb Almighty

Just opened my 14mm Easy Flow, courtesy of Royal Mail, pre-cooked/cleaned, loaded and the test... (using the Pinnacle water tool), oh yeah, almost no resistance. 5 stars for these Easy Flow guys, http://www.ebay.ca/itm/252208710008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT. I thought that's how this gong chase would play out. The SSS ones for about a third of the price (I'm terrible at math) are worth having, they're not bad, but the other one I recieved yesterday gets the thumbs down.http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7604721193.html

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I just checked on EBay in the U.S. You can buy 2 for $26.00. It looks like it comes from China.

How is the draw? Is it easy flow? Did this get the thumbs up?

Buzzbomb Almighty

I just checked on EBay in the U.S. You can buy 2 for $26.00. It looks like it comes from China.

How is the draw? Is it easy flow? Did this get the thumbs up?
If there's a better deal for the same thing, that's great for the next guy that comes along. The draw is great, it's 4 big holes a bit close to the centre. I was talking to a passing aquaintance at my pub today who I found out has had a solo for about 4 months, and all this is going to benefit him now. This is the good one, , has 6 notches and 4 grooves. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/252208710008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Edit: What in tarnation is this? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/wholesale-2016-Easy-Flow-Arizer-Solo-Mouthpiece-and-steel-adapter-14mm-/2523939460 (the top one with the steel bit, i see the upside down Pinnacle but don't understand the function of the metal, is it metal?).

Last edited:

Nugg

@A1 I don't think option 1 will function very well. Option 2 would be my pick. I have a gb-187 which is very similar and it's a good pairing for me. I am a former bong smoker so I like a slightly larger can. If you are new to water tools or like a smaller can then option 3 would be good.

Personally I think you need the larger can to build up a better hit. I find a smaller water tool like the d020 doesn't milk very well. YMMV.

Buzzbomb Almighty

@CarolKing, or anyone in the know, if my solo is showing 3 or 4 levels of power left and I put it on the charger and bring it up to a flashing 7 am I harming battery life by doing the charge early?

Buzzbomb Almighty,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom