Arizer Solo

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Another way to keep wayward stems from running away, consider a leash of 14 inches of say, ribbon or light cord, each end tied to a rubber band. Secure one rubber band to the stem, and the other rubber band, to the Solo body. The stem would be safer unless the whole kit and caboodle fell off. Tile or granite counters, of course, are still unsafe. I have a lens cap leash for my camera so I never lose my lens cap. Same thing.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Another way to keep wayward stems from running away, consider a leash of 14 inches of say, ribbon or light cord, each end tied to a rubber band. Secure one rubber band to the stem, and the other rubber band, to the Solo body. The stem would be safer unless the whole kit and caboodle fell off. Tile or granite counters, of course, are still unsafe. I have a lens cap leash for my camera so I never lose my lens cap. Same thing.
dOptY0m.jpg

420 is always respected
CHILLUM tomorrow!

Buzzbomb Almighty

Idiot mitts, we call 'em in Canada, a string through your sleeves so you come home with a full pair from school every day. :) (I have the same rig on my lens cap) The point I was going to make was about water tools, the down side is instead of having to charge my solo about every 20 hrs I have to do it every 8 or 10. :huh: The machine is only 6 months old, but level 7 drains it twice as fast as using stems on 5 or 6. Just the way it is.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Lately been using the shorty PVHES bent stem. A smaller bowl so you can use a smaller amount. I go through one 12 min session then I dump my ABV. The oven is half the size of the reg mouthpieces. I start on temp 4 and raise to temp 5 half way through my session.

vapor.man

Do you still use a screen with the shorty stems? Really like the idea of smaller bowl size but due to the dome sytled screen the original bowl size has already been reduced to 1/2 or 2/3.

vapor.man,

Buzzbomb Almighty

That's about the time I ordered my second Solo, so that I'd always have one at the ready.
I made it all the way to "Tenderfoot" in Boy Scouts. I know to "Be Prepared".
My rationale for not splurging on a second one is if the battery pack is covered for a year, and me buying a second one makes it last 13 months I've shot myself in the foot. Which brings us to Scouts, I don't think I quite achieved Second Class either, but Venturers started at 14 so it didn't matter. Our troop bought a VW van (no 1st or reverse), painted it our troop colours and went camping every month without relying on parents. It was the 1960's and we took our guns to camp, everybody got their shooting badge and we went hunting, probably wouldn't fly now.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@lookhigh Yes I know, but I wonder if you guys are using domed screens to reduce the load size of the shorty stems even more...
I think the DOOMED screens is a DYI function of convection or conservation?

I like a bowl full.

Sometime I use a flat glass disc to play around.

Vaporizing it kind of new in the grand scam of things.

I like the SOLO because it fits my needs.

Their are PORTABLES to get you SHIT FACED however I don't want to be a ZOMBIE in the middle of the day!

Depends what your requirements are?

The SOLO is the best portable made for my needs!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I was in a rush the other day and only filled the stem halfway with a domed screen. Was one of the milkiest, smoothest hits I've had in awhile. I was surprised because I expected a full bowl, heat soaked for a over minute or two, would be cloudier than a smaller amount. I guess it was the combo of being able to heat 'all' the herb since there was so little and more of a convection draw. I plan on using this approach more often.

Buzzbomb Almighty

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7604721193.html

Bought this 14mm water tool adapter for $9.90 with free shipping. Only seller shipping single piece. Can recommend. Same tight fit as all the other gongs sold for twice the money
Mine came today, don't order it. The holes are too small so it's a lot harder to draw through than the ones from SSS. I'm not saying it doesn't do the job, it's just more work. I expect that when my Easy Flow with the grooves cut in it arrives that will be the best one, since the 18mm Easy Flow works so well. I may try to drill a hole or 2 out a little wider and see if I can break it.
Edit; this may be my opportunity to try and make my own grooves on the side...

Last edited:

Matt73

I was in a rush the other day and only filled the stem halfway with a domed screen. Was one of the milkiest, smoothest hits I've had in awhile. I was surprised because I expected a full bowl, heat soaked for a over minute or two, would be cloudier than a smaller amount. I guess it was the combo of being able to heat 'all' the herb since there was so little and more of a convection draw. I plan on using this approach more often.
On the bubbler I like to use the domed screen for a milky 1-hitter.
Yesterday I put on the domed screen a layer of grinded herb and then topped it with some crumbs of bubble hash and shatter. Set the Solo on 7 and let the stem heat up for a minute. This gave me the most dense clouds so far. I got 2 delicious big draws from it. Of course it was very, very hard hitting :ko:
First time that I had the feeling that the D020-D was a good size for the Solo (usually the -D is a little bit too big for my taste).

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This I've posted before. I had the adapter and mouthpiece made from @Ed's TnT . The whip itself is from the Herbalizer and it's very flexible. I had the whip sent to Ed and he made something that would fit. This fits the Air too. This the blood wood.

It's very easy lounging on the couch using this set up. The Solo can lay on its side.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

So I just bought a Solo and the bent PVHES so I'm pretty pumped for it to arrive on Friday. Does anyone have a good whip assessory that fits on this that could connect it to one of my bongs? I don't really feel comfortable flipping the thing over and shoving it in.

First off, lots and lots of folks turn their vaporizer over onto the water tool.

As far as a whip for a Solo Planetvape has this item :

http://www.planetvape.ca/solo-stealth-adapter.html

Top Bottom