Arizer Solo

vape4health

steiner666 said:
I would just tape it on, but since you have to remove the adapter to shut the unit down, that would be pretty troublesome to retape it on every time too.

steiner, does the Solo just stay on with the AC adapter, does the 12 min. time out still shut it down.

@steve if its just the new sent it should wear off in a few cycles. About the swivel stems, mine are all loose too, I hold my hand closer to the top of the unit and use a finger over the stem to hold it still, above the bend my stems don't get very hot.

I was also thinking, if someone wanted to, they could slide a piece of tubing all the way over a stem from the bowl all the way to the mouth part, like the E tuff bowl idea.

vape4health,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
my ss replacement just came, already did test run, seems good !! no smell or anything. also the stem fits nice and snug on this unit, which i really like. i surprised they sent me new stems and charger too, thought they were only gonna send out unit only. props to arizer customer service, they are great!!!!

ilovebOObs,

steiner666

Serial vapist
vape4health said:
steiner666 said:
I would just tape it on, but since you have to remove the adapter to shut the unit down, that would be pretty troublesome to retape it on every time too.

steiner, does the Solo just stay on with the AC adapter, does the 12 min. time out still shut it down.

@steve if its just the new sent it should wear off in a few cycles. About the swivel stems, mine are all loose too, I hold my hand closer to the top of the unit and use a finger over the stem to hold it still, above the bend my stems don't get very hot.

I was also thinking, if someone wanted to, they could slide a piece of tubing all the way over a stem from the bowl all the way to the mouth part, like the E tuff bowl idea.

It still does the auto shutoff every 12mins, but it seems like right after that long beep it just comes right back on, it just doesnt remember the temperature so it sits there with one LED lit. It does the same thing when it comes unplugged and then plugged back in, it wouldnt be such a big deal if it would resume the last temperature... well, it would still be annoying having it come out at all i guess. But sometimes when the plug comes out it seems to switch over to battery power seamlessly but not always... maybe it only happens if it comes unplugged while the heater is running, or while its not running, i dunno. All i know is that i expected less troublesome usage from a $40 adapter, but i'm already talking to arizer via email about it so we'll see what they say i guess...

steiner666,

THCMuscle

Gonzo said:
BossBrew said:
Gonzo said:
Really interested in ordering one of these units. Where can I order one to ensure I am getting the M105 model? Thanks for the help, loving all the information on this forum.
Personally I would recommend either PuffItUp.com or GreatVape.com

I have ordered Solo's from both sites and none of the units have had the smell issue. I'm sure you could email Randy as I did to ensure the Solo's had no smell.

Thanks for the help, new to the forum and want to make sure I get one of the new SS models. Which place is Randy's? PuffItUp or Greatvape?

Your best bet would be contacting the dealer directly to confirm the model you want. However, I'd reccommend you get a Ceramic first time through, and heres why:

If you get a CERAMIC you have a *slight* chance of a chipping unit, as well as the elgibility to have a new SS replacment sent to you in 2 days if you do get a chipping unit. This will give you a free battery (from the Ceramic) to replace your SS with when it dies off (as all Li-ons/lipos do). If you get a functioning ceramic you will have a unit that heats up quicker, and has a supposedly 2-fold battery life over the SS.

If you get an SS, should you run into any issues you will need to send the unit to Arizer for any kind of warranty replacment. You will not be able to get a second free unit if anything is wrong, and you will have no spare battery, stems, charger, etc.

If I am mistaken about any of this, please correct me. This is what I was told by quite a few solo owners on the FC chat.

THCMuscle,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Gonzo said:
BossBrew said:
Gonzo said:
Really interested in ordering one of these units. Where can I order one to ensure I am getting the M105 model? Thanks for the help, loving all the information on this forum.
Personally I would recommend either PuffItUp.com or GreatVape.com

I have ordered Solo's from both sites and none of the units have had the smell issue. I'm sure you could email Randy as I did to ensure the Solo's had no smell.

Thanks for the help, new to the forum and want to make sure I get one of the new SS models. Which place is Randy's? PuffItUp or Greatvape?
Randy is over at PuffItUp. He's a great guy!

BossBrew,

steven22

vape4health said:
]

I hope it is a new smell, I can definitely confirm it is smelly, I left it on at 7 in a bedroom unattended, When I returned 40 minutes later, the whole room had a strong electronic smell. I notice it in the vapor as well

Ill report back in a day or 2 of test driving it and see if it lowers or not... it doesn't bother me much yet but I just really hope the smell isn't harmful, which I suspect it is.

steven22,

Vaperlock

Here is my follow-up.

Remember I have the M-104 black SS. I contacted the seller through Amazon directly and they quickly offered a refund. I also got back a response from Kevin from Arizer who said he would replace my unit with a new one. I'm going to be sending back my unit and won't request any type of unit but rather let him give me what he wants. I really don't have a preference at this time in regards to ceramic or stainless steel.

Here is the e-mail:

Hello Don

Thank you for your email. We have had some customers with complaints about taste and or odour send in their units for warranty replacement, and in each case we have been unable to detect any strange odours or tastes from those units or any others. Nevertheless, we will test out your unit and replace it for you if you send it in to us. I will provide you with our shipping address once I have received the information requested below.

Please provide me with the following information:

your full name and shipping address
the model number on the bottom of your unit
the color of your unit
a copy of your sales receipt
Once I receive this information I will advise you further.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech

service@arizer.com

Vaperlock,

darebear999

LOL. I guess everyone with a smelly solo got that form letter from Kevin. It's their way of addressing the problem while at the same time denying there's any problem at all. Could come in handy in a class action lawsuit or something, not that I wish that on them. They seem like a very cool Canadian company that at a certain point in their manufacturing run came up against some quality control issues and are now trying their best to get out of it. Send it back. They'll make good. I'm happy with my replacement so far.

darebear999,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Thanks for the info. Does Arizer honor warranties regardless of where the unit is purchased? I have found really good deals on Ebay and Amazon but did not know if Arizer would honor a warranty from these sellers. All your input and suggestions are really appreciated.

Gonzo,

darebear999

Yep. I bought mine from an ebay dealer (just avoid a-holes Clearance Products ; > ). Arizer will want to see your invoice. Other than that it should be no problem.

darebear999,

ilovebOObs

yeah bought mine from ebay and arizer honored the warranty. i bought the hard case package.

ilovebOObs,

Vaperlock

I bought mine from Amazon and yes Arizer will ask for just a few items including copy of receipt. They will then give you instructions for sending it back for a new model. Easy instructions and clear. However they recommend using international priority or express.

The cost was 36.15 for express and 25.00 for priority. That's the only downside.

Vaperlock,

darebear999

To help compensate for my shipping expense they threw in a couple free stems. It doesn't hurt to ask. The squeaky wheel gets the grease ;>

darebear999,

Vaperlock

darebear999 said:
To help compensate for my shipping expense they threw in a couple free stems. It doesn't hurt to ask. The squeaky wheel gets the grease ;>

Yeah I hear you. I did let him know that I paid $36 for shipping and would hope to get the same quick shipping back. From what I hear on this thread these guys are pretty Johnny on the spot and will usually give you something extra.

In my letter I let Kevin decide which unit I should get ceramic or stainless steel. But I did ask for the newest model possible. I will let you know what happens when I get mine back. I think this will be a good test because I have a sensitive nose and will give this a nice critiquing for everyone.

Vaperlock,
Gonzo said:
Thanks for the info. Does Arizer honor warranties regardless of where the unit is purchased? I have found really good deals on Ebay and Amazon but did not know if Arizer would honor a warranty from these sellers. All your input and suggestions are really appreciated.

I was under the impression that they don't honor it amazon/ebay which sucks because I saw better deals on ebay/amazon as well but ended up ordering from vapeworld via a review site www.VaporizerReviewSource.com. I got the M105, it actually arrived today. Sorta bummed I could of paid less but I didn't want to have to deal with any warranty issues if something went wrong.

Came into here to research if people are using the provided diffuser or whether they get something else. I was gonna get the wispr (still probably will) but I hike and ski at high elevations and the wispr wont work up there, and the arizer solo does. so i got arizer first.

headiez247,

Vaperlock

headiez247 said:
Gonzo said:

I was under the impression that they don't honor it amazon/ebay which sucks because I saw better deals on ebay/amazon as well but ended up ordering from vapeworld via a review site www.VaporizerReviewSource.com. I got the M105, it actually arrived today. Sorta bummed I could of paid less but I didn't want to have to deal with any warranty issues if something went wrong.

Came into here to research if people are using the provided diffuser or whether they get something else. I was gonna get the wispr (still probably will) but I hike and ski at high elevations and the wispr wont work up there, and the arizer solo does. so i got arizer first.

I can tell you that was probably presumed or misinformation because they are accepting my unit that was purchased through Amazon via a vapor headshop. In other words there are vapor vendors that simply go through Amazon. I saved up to $100 by simply going through Amazon.

Vaperlock,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Vaperlock said:
headiez247 said:
Gonzo said:

I can tell you that was probably presumed or misinformation because they are accepting my unit that was purchased through Amazon via a vapor headshop. In other words there are vapor vendors that simply go through Amazon. I saved up to $100 by simply going through Amazon.

Maybe the difference is that if you got yours from an "approved" dealer they send you a new one at their expense(so you now have two) whereas it seems as if many of you who purchased elsewhere are having to send in your "defective" units for exchange.

I guess nobody has any issue with sending a "used" unit through Federal mails and across International borders. Good to know.

For those with two units (original and replacement): Do you think that both units were under warranty? Or just the original? Or just the replacement?

Sinclue,

Vaperlock

Sinclue said:
Vaperlock said:
headiez247 said:

Maybe the difference is that if you got yours from an "approved" dealer they send you a new one at their expense(so you now have two) whereas it seems as if many of you who purchased elsewhere are having to send in your "defective" units for exchange.

I guess nobody has any issue with sending a "used" unit through Federal mails and across International borders. Good to know.

For those with two units (original and replacement): Do you think that both units were under warranty? Or just the original? Or just the replacement?

I don't know if I would assume that the company I essentially purchased from through Amazon was not approved. Also to the person wondering how a lesser expensive unit could be under warranty my guess is as long as the vendor purchased from Arizer the unit would be under warranty. I don't see why it would make any difference warranty wise what the end price was.

The vendor still purchased from the factory so what difference would it make. I'm stating that rhetorically. The only issue I could see is that they have a reseller price that is under contract with Arizer.

Vaperlock,

steven22

so... after using it all night and this morning, the smell was getting worse, clearly tasted in the vapor.
I havnt done much cycling with entire batteries, only maxed it out on 7 for half hour, then cool for 5min, then max again for another half hr.

anyways, this morning I baked the cap in the oven at 325* for 15 min...and wiped it down with ISO. I am not sure if this is the best temp and duration.... I think the smell went down, but I still taste it. there is still plenty of smell coming from the rest of the vape, I dont think most of it is in the cap.

should I try a higher temp?. Dont want to discolor it.

other suggestions?..

thanks

steven22,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
This has been hashed out a number of times I know, but Arizer (for whatever reason)maintains a list of approved vendors and cautions against Amazon or eBay resellers (even though they must get their Solos from Arizer). But it does seem to be willing to stand behind their product warranty-wise even from resellers.

It looks like the difference may be in level of warranty service. It appears that "approved" purchasers get a new unit sent postage paid without having to send in their defective unit giving us two units for the price of one. And it appears that purchasers from other sources (ie not approved) have to send in their defective unit, pay the postage, and then get a replacement.

Or, maybe they have changed their policy and are no longer sending out replacement units without exchange to anybody no matter where you bought it. I know that for quite a while many of us got a replacement unit in addition to our defective unit...without exchange.

Sinclue,

ilovebOObs

i think people who get the chipped ceramic don't have to send it in, but any other problems you would have to send it in.

ilovebOObs,

Vaperlock

Intuitively Sincues response sounds logical but I personally don't know what they're warranty policies are. Maybe they're simply evolving to handle customer issues as they arise (get it "Arize-r"). I guess we'll find out here right?

I started a survey but it never took off hoping people would chime in so we can figure out who has what in terms of a smelly unit and try to figure out or narrow down what we need to do to end up with a product that has no smell issues.

I guess the beat goes on......

Vaperlock,

pain101

new bottle, and fixed stem, plus brand new clear tube. it's a nice!!
i call it the ghost cat
11bp5ye.jpg

ps. i found that the shortened bowl for my stem is a plus!!! i get far more evenly browned material, and i dont use more than i should. which is good!!!

kdjprd.jpg

pain101,
Vaperlock said:
Intuitively Sincues response sounds logical but I personally don't know what they're warranty policies are. Maybe they're simply evolving to handle customer issues as they arise (get it "Arize-r"). I guess we'll find out here right?

I started a survey but it never took off hoping people would chime in so we can figure out who has what in terms of a smelly unit and try to figure out or narrow down what we need to do to end up with a product that has no smell issues.

why are we doing that? Don't you think it would be Arizer's problem? I honestly don't care which ones are stinky and which ones chip because Arizer is fixing my problem.

VapeNStone,

Vaperlock

VapeNStone said:
Vaperlock said:

why are we doing that? Don't you think it would be Arizer's problem? I honestly don't care which ones are stinky and which ones chip because Arizer is fixing my problem.

Are you kidding me? What kind of question is that? Of course we know it's Arizers problem but there stating there is no problem with a smell but yet a large percentage of us have issues with a smell and it's affecting the way we look at this unit in a serious way. We can sit around not knowing what to do or reach out and find out if there is a common denominator and attempt to get to the bottom of this.

Dude how old are you?

mod note: From the rules page- All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. Clean up your act Vaperlock.

Vaperlock,
Top Bottom