Arizer Solo

BOBCAT

Its Just Temporary
I have been waiting forever to order my PVHES.Finally got the straight stem ordered today.By the time my order processed(2 minutes)they were out of stock again.I really wanted the bent stem so ill keep checking back...

exit

Guys ever since I took my Solo apart to fix it, i haven't been able to get the top screwed back on for some reason!

it keeps popping up on one of the sides. is there some trick to putting the top cap back on after removing and replacing the shield i can't figure out :hmm::doh:

i probably just have the shield on crooked since i broke two tabs off the battery cover and couldnt get it back on quite right ;)
rrkT6LX.png

olivianewtonjohn

Guys ever since I took my Solo apart to fix it, i haven't been able to get the top screwed back on for some reason!

it keeps popping up on one of the sides. is there some trick to putting the top cap back on after removing and replacing the shield i can't figure out :hmm::doh:

i probably just have the shield on crooked since i broke two tabs off the battery cover and couldnt get it back on quite right ;)
rrkT6LX.png
Cross threaded?

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

There's a lot of variation in cap threads, many don't interchange at all. Some have very loose threads.

But this went together once.......what has changed? I don't know what a "shield" is, but it's new?

Correctly assembled noting inside the tube impacts the cap fitting. Nothing should touch the cap to effect it. What is this shield? Does the cover fit normally with the chassis removed?

OF

exit

But this went together once.......what has changed? I don't know what a "shield" is, but it's new?
[/QUOTE
I don't know what else to call it. Pipes referred to it as the outer sleeve. The thing you take off to get access to the battery cover :)

exit,
Reactions: ataxian

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I don't know what else to call it. Pipes referred to it as the outer sleeve. The thing you take off to get access to the battery cover :)
Are you sure you didn't get the lids mixed between the units?
If having problems the general "trick", if you want to call it that, is to turn counter clockwize to get it strait. Once you hear/feel a click, the position should be good to thread clockwise.
Now if cross threaded, you need to go slow and keep strait on hopes to rethread correctly.
Good Luck and told you a clip would break...bet they usually do.:nod:

OF

Do you mean the aluminum sleeve the cap threads onto? The part the four screws on the bottom thread into?

If you've swapped that part, the cap it fits has to go with it. They are not interchangeable. You need to keep them 'matched up'. In the 'hey, there are thick and thin tops' post I made way back (photo of the two side by side), interchanging those two gave one that fell off and the other not going on at all.

The cap and sleeve should screw together then slide onto the chassis/battery easily.......

OF

exit

Do you mean the aluminum sleeve the cap threads onto? The part the four screws on the bottom thread into?

If you've swapped that part, the cap it fits has to go with it. They are not interchangeable. You need to keep them 'matched up'. In the 'hey, there are thick and thin tops' post I made way back (photo of the two side by side), interchanging those two gave one that fell off and the other not going on at all.

The cap and sleeve should screw together then slide onto the chassis/battery easily.......

OF

Thanks, but the real problem is I crossthreaded to all hell and back and effectively destroyed the threading :uhoh:

exit,
Reactions: Pipes

OF

Sounds like you'll be getting out the electrical tape...

Bush league. All sticky and smells bad when hot......

Use PTFE tape. "Plumbers tape", the Teflon stuff with no sticky? A few turns in the center builds it up so the cap 'bites', being soft it reforms easily. Keep it up high and it won't show.

You can also sometimes 'egg' such things, knock them a bit out of round so they're tighter part of the circle than others.

Glad it's under control.

OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Yepper the PTFE is best for helping the threads. I was thinking more a short strip of electrical around the outside to hold lid in place.
I agree that it's sticky stuff and messy in time. Same with the duck tape, I hate it when perks use it to hold spools of cable or wire together for storing. If over a couple months it leaves goo on the cable and hands of the poor chap un-wrapping it.

WTG @exit, 2 fully functional Solo's...good job.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
hell yeah! works just like the day i got it again ;) thanks to the PA of course!

i'm still planning on eventually replacing the battery pack as it is definitely worn. that solo has gone through a lot of cycles.
Since I had it 6 session per day.
Most on level 4 some on 3.

Keep her alive!

Your amazing!

ataxian,
Reactions: exit

exit

Since I had it 6 session per day.
Most on level 4 some on 3.

Keep her alive!

Your amazing!

6 minimum a day here too.
i feel the vapor is smoother than my newer solo :nod:
need ptfe tape to show up :tup:
i will probably just wrap the outside? idk.

Iirc the fix was to remove battery pack, plug in PA then replace battery... I'm sure @exit will confirm/correct me anyway.

yes this is basically true. except i gave it time to heat up and confirm everything worked like it should in between each step. then i put it through a couple cycles and made sure it did them properly, and charged it back up, and dont reinsert/remove the battery while it's plugged in or running of course!

i still think the car charger did something funky. arizer support doubts it was responsible but i think i'll take a multimeter and see if the car chargers are giving off bad unregulated power which could be hurting them - i still think the solo's OS got stuck somehow or memory needed to be forcibly cleared which the PA accomplished

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
6 minimum a day here too.
i feel the vapor is smoother than my newer solo :nod:

yes this is basically true. except i gave it time to heat up and confirm everything worked like it should in between each step. then i put it through a couple cycles and made sure it did them properly, and charged it back up, and dont reinsert/remove the battery while it's plugged in or running of course!

i still think the car charger did something funky. arizer support doubts it was responsible but i think i'll take a multimeter and see if the car chargers are giving off bad unregulated power which could be hurting them - i still think the solo's OS got stuck somehow or memory needed to be forcibly cleared which the PA accomplished
I kept one old SOLO of the 3.
The new I want however I don't need at the moment.
Like you I'll just keep it alive.
I have a 14mm PHVES GonG however my need is a 18mm now I use a 18mm to 14mm reducer bushing for my 18mm female fittings. I have a stock 18mm GonG I use a lot as well. With the @OF 113 seal I like the PHVES.

Anyway glad you sorted it out. These are tough devices!
Make sure to Wake and Vake!

OF

i still think the solo's OS got stuck somehow or memory needed to be forcibly cleared which the PA accomplished

Actually, the PTFE tape goes in the threaded area only. Wrap a few turns on the male part and try it for fit. Wrap 'with the threads (CW from the open end) so it stays put as it's threaded together. No adhesive. Keep it tight, especially the last turn. Most guy tear it off rather than messing with cutting.

A hard reset would have also happened when you substituted batteries, right? It didn't fix it then? I'm still kind of lost as to what might have been happening.......you're confident the battery you substituted was good? The one from this Solo ran the other one fine?

OF

Top Bottom