Arizer Solo II

thx1138

thanks @CarolKing I'll look into it

I found the Air OG a little underwhelming too, but ime the Solo OG was/is no slouch - its setting 6 and 7 are strong as heck, with 7 turning my ABV as toasty as the higher settings I use on the Solo II (which are 405 and 412, but I go as low as 375, depends alot on the load)
maybe @OF has thoughts why the Air OG doesn't do it for some of us - my brother likes the Air OG and he is a newbie to vaping but a long time smoker

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have the Air OG as well and I always used my Solo OG all the time. The Air OG only got action on long road trips. Lately I've just been using the Solo 2. I haven't used my Air OG in months. There's only so many hours in a day and so many vaporizers that I like better.:2c:

Sometimes it's just personal preference. There are others out there that prefer the Air over the Solo OG.

Last edited:

OF

Screw the tolerance break, I'm getting some new herb tonight and going to town on this Solo II!

Good luck with it. Just what did you expect that to change? The herb you've been using is fine, right? It has THC that's being extracted as it turns brown? Can't beat that with another strain.

Strain substitution is a good troubleshooting tool if you're unsure of the herb, but here you have just the opposite? You have herb you know is good and suggest replacing it with some assumed as good? Aside from 'advice from the web' I see no positive here........

If/when it works, I suggest it would have done just as well with your existing stash. Success is not related to strain (given reasonable quality).

You're fighting the wrong battle I think, but it remains your call.

Regards to all.

OF

djm

Good luck with it. Just what did you expect that to change? The herb you've been using is fine, right? It has THC that's being extracted as it turns brown? Can't beat that with another strain.

Strain substitution is a good troubleshooting tool if you're unsure of the herb, but here you have just the opposite? You have herb you know is good and suggest replacing it with some assumed as good? Aside from 'advice from the web' I see no positive here........

If/when it works, I suggest it would have done just as well with your existing stash. Success is not related to strain (given reasonable quality).

You're fighting the wrong battle I think, but it remains your call.

Regards to all.

OF
The rational side of my brain expects it to change nothing. But the irrational side says it's the answer to all my problems.

djm

So funny story. My guy reupped today...on the same stuff I just had! So I got an eighth anyway and it took 3 stems, but I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with this Solo II. Not necessarily am I close to where I truly wish to be, but I feel like there's been progress made.

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
So funny story. My guy reupped today...on the same stuff I just had! So I got an eighth anyway and it took 3 stems, but I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with this Solo II. Not necessarily am I close to where I truly wish to be, but I feel like there's been progress made.

That's great!

Stick with It - you'll appreciate the effects more and more with time. I'd still recommend the Gong and bubbler combo for those times you want a bigger punch or a short session.

Last edited:

OF

That's not the "real OG Solo" charge cord. The real one should work fine for Solo II (meaning if it works for Solo I it should work for Solo II but there's no guarantee that cord will). The official one will. There are similar products (like a Gameboy?) that use similar connectors. As we found out with Air cords on EBay didn't always work well (on the margin of being too short).

Arizer Solo II

OF

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
That's not the "real OG Solo" charge cord. The real one should work fine for Solo II (meaning if it works for Solo I it should work for Solo II but there's no guarantee that cord will). The official one will. There are similar products (like a Gameboy?) that use similar connectors. As we found out with Air cords on EBay didn't always work well (on the margin of being too short).

Arizer Solo II

OF
Thanks bro I just hate paying $25 for a car charger

Aner

True, but the smell/taste is only going away because it's being "masked". Whatever is producing those fumes is still there, just not as detectable. I guess the same could be said for the plastic from the S&B portables, I just hate inhaling unnatural chemicals into my lungs, especially after discovering plant growth regulators and other nasties that could be found in herb. I'm a health freak, but like everything I suppose the poison is in the dose.

Thank-you!!! That is exactly right - the smell is not gone until the smell is gone BEFORE using ANY cannabis or whatever herb you are using.

I am surprised people do not get that.

OF

I will occasionally spin my stem during a session to prevent any herb from sticking to the bottom of the oven.

But I see your point. Truly, I have no idea what caused the 'Error 4'. I'm just lucky I guess. :)

"I will occasionally spin my stem during a session to prevent any herb from sticking to the bottom of the oven"

I do that when I am done, and the oven bottom stays clean, even when doing a hash oil sandwich. If some is stuck to the oven bottom when I pull the stem out, I reinsert it and twist it, and the stem with abv picks up the remainder in the oven

This has been rolling around in my mind (or what's left of it.....) for a bit now. Twisting the stem never occurred to me, but I can see how some guys might play with the idea. Could it be related to the failures?

I just gently poked at the cup in my Solo II with a toothpick, it moves? Solo I does not? Definitely different here. Two Solo Is are 'rock solid' (cemented in place), Solo II rotates a bit. I'm obviously not going to keep doing that.......

This might explain a lot, I'm thinking. Anyone want to wreck their new Solo II?

OF

JCharles

@OF

With the unit I sent in for repair, it sounded like something inside had come loose. Not a screw or broken piece of material - more like everything inside would move/sway/tilt as I rotated/turned over the unit.

There was some flex/play in the oven when inserting a stem - the oven/internals could be depressed slightly and could move side to side.

I had also been thinking about twisting the stem to keep the oven clean. So much, that I started doing it with my new unit.

I've been overly safe with this new unit, so the stem twist action is gentle and without friction. I wouldn't try it with a cold oven and stem, the fit is all ready too tight.

I do think that wrestling stems into the oven created the flex/play in the internals and that is what eventually caused the error code.

Aggressively twisting the stem seems like a plausible cause. The stem twist can be done but the oven and glass should be hot to reduce the potential risk.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Twisting the stem never occurred to me, but I can see how some guys might play with the idea. Could it be related to the failures?

@OFI do think that wrestling stems into the oven created the flex/play in the internals and that is what eventually caused the error code.

Aggressively twisting the stem seems like a plausible cause. The stem twist can be done but the oven and glass should be hot to reduce the potential risk.

Honestly, my first thought when I got the error was that I jostled something loose when I forced my PVHES stem into the Solo II. And even after it heated up, there was a lot of resistance when I twisted the stem. But then I dismissed the idea. Perhaps that is the issue?

I learned my lesson and only use the stock stems now. My replacement unit works perfectly.

Interesting, @OF, that the cup moved a bit with your toothpick experiment...

I noticed when putting my solo ii down the internals shift a bit sometimes......? I don't shake my Solo regularly but i noticed the internals do jostle a bit if moved horizontally.... anyway.... i'm keeping mine still.

I use the bent solo OG stem in mine and no errors yet. Fingers crossed. Also used my PVHES gong without problem. So far.

dll

Hi guys! Im planning to switch from smoking to vape. I usually smoke before bedtime .1g to get a better sleep. I read that I should vape at high temperature (200 C) to get a good sedative feeling. Is the Arizer Solo 2 the best portable solution to vape efficiently on high temperatures? If not, can you guys recommend something? My throat is a little sensitive.
Thanks!

dll,
Reactions: BigJr48

JCharles

Hi guys! Im planning to switch from smoking to vape. I usually smoke before bedtime .1g to get a better sleep. I read that I should vape at high temperature (200 C) to get a good sedative feeling. Is the Arizer Solo 2 the best portable solution to vape efficiently on high temperatures? If not, can you guys recommend something? My throat is a little sensitive.
Thanks!

Temp between 200 and 220C, higherbis better for sedative effect but comes with a few more negatives.

The Solo II is my number 1 recommended vape.

You are going to want something that has a water option (for the throat), great battery life, quick heat up time and solid warranty/customer service.

The Solo II excels in all those departments.

With that said, if you prefer to micro dose and just take a single rip or two there are some other options to look into.

dll

Problem is I don't really have the option to use any accessories. I will vape with the stock stem.
Still Arizer Air 2?

dll,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

Problem is I don't really have the option to use any accessories. I will vape with the stock stem.
Still Arizer Air 2?

You'll get really tasty vapor with the Air 2, it's a great portable vaporizer.

BigJr48,

I had a really hard time transitioning from smoking to vaping when i started too. I was on a different forum (not this one) back then where the Solo had been recommended to me. I was posting for weeks it must not work and i was just getting nowhere with it like you had been expressing.. Anyway one day someone finally asked me what my drawing technique was and i found out i had been hitting it wrong the whole time cause i was trying to hit it like a bowl. Ever since i started hitting it like sipping hot tea i have been getting nearly put under the table by the nonstop huge clouds this thing produces. The solo 2 is even better than the solo 1. I have faith one day the proper way to vape will "click" with you and you will be in shock at the size rips you get. It took me almost a week with the vapcap m to get it down and i have been vaping for 6 years

tafkac

@OF just purchased the Solo II last night. Stumbling across this thread has brought up some concerns:

- with regards to the electronics & the air path, is there any fumes of any sort being released by the board & electronics? That we know of?

- a couple people have mentioned a certain smell They believe comes from chemicals of some sort? Anyone else care to chime in about this?

- The Error messages - I’m not looking forward to sending this Unit back and forth every time it goes out. Are we any closer to figuring out what exactly the issue is?

I’m quitting smoking, I’m definitely health conscious, which is my main concern with the electronics issue.

@OF just purchased the Solo II last night. Stumbling across this thread has brought up some concerns:

- with regards to the electronics & the air path, is there any fumes of any sort being released by the board & electronics? That we know of?

- a couple people have mentioned a certain smell They believe comes from chemicals of some sort? Anyone else care to chime in about this?

- The Error messages - I’m not looking forward to sending this Unit back and forth every time it goes out. Are we any closer to figuring out what exactly the issue is?

I’m quitting smoking, I’m definitely health conscious, which is my main concern with the electronics issue.
Mine had a slight smell out of the box. Charged it to full and left it before i turned it on for the first time. Did one "burn off" with no stem at max temp. Smell was gone by then. I use my solo 2 a lot of and have had no problems and the smell is just not there so i am not worried.

To your other point i am pretty sure reading the thread makes it clear people who used exceptional force trying to get a non- Arizer stem into the chamber have had the same error come up.

OF

NO!!!! Even under vacuum, modern components and g10 (the normal PCB material) don't off gas anything recognized as hazardous (or it'd be regulated.......). In fact, most nothing at all (water vapor is the major component after Nitrogen and Oxygen). Not that there aren't a lot of self professed experts on the net that insist otherwise.......with nothing except opinion to back it up. Ask them what their fear is based on?

If it was a real toxic risk not only would Arizer have eliminated it, but their competitors would not be the least bit shy warning everyone about it would they?

Of course it's chemicals. What else would it be? Light? Sound? No, it's matter, that means chemical. But not all chemicals are bad, far from it. It's just the unknown ones guys use to scare each other? What you smell (mostly) on initial heating is residual oils, fingerprints, and junk left from assembly. The cleaner the parts going in, the more careful the assembly and handling, the lower it's likely to be. But the next one off the shelf could be very different? You get the same thing the first time you use a toaster, room heater, hair dryer, soldering iron or anything similar. Do you fear them? A wipe with ISO can remove some of this and make the process easier, at least sometimes.

I used to work in UHV (Ultra High Vacuum). There everything is washed repeatedly in stuff like Acetone (including 'vapor washing'). You wear a mask, and two sets of gloves (one that 'sweats through' and an outer one that doesn't) to keep dextarity. Then, after it's assembled and 'under vacuum' you put heating tape around it and jack the temperature of everything up as high as you can without wrecking something (damaging a seal of killing a spring are the usual mistakes). A part of a fingerprint will foul the system and require stripping down and decontaminating again since you have no way of knowing where it is. I bring this sad story up to demonstrate there is no absolute here. There are instruments millions of times more sensitive than your nose available.

Nobody at Arizer is adding toxic chemicals before they ship......

OF

Top Bottom