Arizer Solo II

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
I would like to try my OG stems but they have a slightly larger diameter than my Solo II stems. The tight fit made me nervous and I thought I might put too much stress on the o-ring assembly that holds the glass in place. I figured if these got 'stretched' that my Solo II stems would be loose and come out too easily. But I guess there are slight variances in the glass thickness, diameter, etc. I'm glad it is working for you.

Don't try and shove an OG* or PVHES stem into the Solo II.

I'm think wrestling them into my oven probably did some damage contributing to the error5. I did break several PVHES trying to make things work when I first got my Solo II in June.

The stock Solo II stems are awesome - no screen in mine. The air holes are larger than the OG, and with clean edges.

*The curved stem I have for an OG Solo fit my previous unit well

Last edited:

BigJr48

Don't try and shove an OG* or PVHES stem into the Solo II.

I'm think wrestling them into my oven probably did some damage contributing to the error5. I did break several PVHES trying to make things works.

The stock Solo II stems are awesome - no screen in mine. They air holes are larger than the OG, and with clean edges.

*The curved stem I have for an OG Solo fit my previous unit well

Wow, the first stem I shoved in my Solo 2 was the PVHES followed by the OG's (straight and bent) that stay in constant rotation.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I'm think wrestling them into my oven probably did some damage contributing to the error5.

That is very interesting. I didn't say anything at the time but I also shoved a tight fitting PHVES stem into my first Solo II and got an 'Error 4' not long after. It crossed my mind that the two might be related but I soon forgot about it.

I only use the stock stem on my replacement Solo II and it has been working perfectly for a while now. Along with my Mighty, it gets used daily.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I'm not smart in science and electrical circuit boards like @OF. Just a thought on my part but all the controls are under the oven and the stem doesn't even touch that part of the vaporizer. It may just be a coincidence because in the beginning I was trying my stems with the new Solo and I had some that were too tight. I never experienced the error message, I hope I didn't jinx myself. :lol:Just thinking out loud.:2c: I wouldn't know for sure.:leaf:

Edit
There are pictures of the Solo 2 torn apart by Randy @PuffItUp on their store online.

I didn't realize that there were wires by the stem or touching it. I do see wires going up to the oven. Here's the tear down. This is from @PuffItUp 's store.

solo-2-banner-main.jpg

Solo 2, The Teardown. We Take Vaporizers Apart So You Don’t Have To

Last edited:

metaknight

I dab. A lot.
I'm not smart in science and electrical circuit boards like @OF. Just a thought on my part but all the controls are under the oven and the stem doesn't even touch that part of the vaporizer. Just thinking out loud.:2c: I wouldn't know for sure.:leaf:

There are still wires that lead up to the heater, and disconnecting them could cause an error. How far up those wires go is a mystery to me, but one thing's for certain, the circuit board's reach gets to the heating element.

Have you ever disconnected a screen from a laptop? Similar concept. Circuit board isn't there, but there sure could be problems if the screen is disconnected...

djm

So confused at this point... I "relapsed" and combusted tonight. But I achieved the same lackluster high I've been getting from vaping and it's still the same weed. What's going on here??

OF

So confused at this point... I "relapsed" and combusted tonight. But I achieved the same lackluster high I've been getting from vaping and it's still the same weed. What's going on here??

Well you've confused your sub conscious mind? As I said, backsliding is to be avoided if you're serious about this. Do it enough and you can kill vaping as a reasonable option (since your stubborn self will know for sure if it just hangs in there and demands smoke enough......).

Predictable, in fact I think I did?

But, it seems, you were 'getting there' which is, itself, a good sign. The timing makes is unfortunate.

I'd also again advise putting your expectations on hold through the conversion. Expressions like "the same lackluster high" are working against the process I think. Explore the experience of vaping on it's own as far as possible. The effects of vaping are less profound that smoking (with or without THC.......), easily masked.

'Run the drill, avoid backsliding' remains the advice. Avoid combustion like the plague it is if you're serious about vaping?

Good luck with it.

OF

JCharles

@djm Perhaps you need some better herb.

If the combustion high and vape high were similar and "lackluster" you might need something stronger.

Just get back to vaping and all will be good.

You mentioned on a previous post trying 3 stems - how was it?

Are we talking 3 stems all day long or in one really long session?

Also remember 3 stems would be around .4 to .5 grams of herb total (on the high end) . So not all that much compared to a fat joint

OF

Get better quality flowers
@djm Perhaps you need some better herb.

If I follow correctly (never a given.....), the fellow is using the same herb he was quite happy with combusting? Given his normal 'about .7 gram' bong loads and a 3:1 factor for vaping a stem (.25 max) of the same herb in Solo should be 'on par'.

The point is he's getting different results ('stone wise') than he did two weeks ago (pre Solo) with the same amount of the same herb? That's a change in the guy, not the herb.

OF

djm

If I follow correctly (never a given.....), the fellow is using the same herb he was quite happy with combusting? Given his normal 'about .7 gram' bong loads and a 3:1 factor for vaping a stem (.25 max) of the same herb in Solo should be 'on par'.

The point is he's getting different results ('stone wise') than he did two weeks ago (pre Solo) with the same amount of the same herb? That's a change in the guy, not the herb.

OF
You do follow correctly.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I'm not smart in science and electrical circuit boards like @OF. Just a thought on my part but all the controls are under the oven and the stem doesn't even touch that part of the vaporizer.

I will occasionally spin my stem during a session to prevent any herb from sticking to the bottom of the oven. While the PHVES stem was in, I thought I might have moved/upset the oven assembly and caused the error as it was hard to spin due to the tight fit.

But I see your point. Truly, I have no idea what caused the 'Error 4'. I'm just lucky I guess. :)

My replacement unit, however, has been working perfectly every time. Just like my OG Solo and Extreme Q did. I really must dust those off and start using them again...

Arizer makes great products.

EDIT: It was an 'Error 7', not 'Error 4'. Apologies.

Last edited:

thx1138

"I will occasionally spin my stem during a session to prevent any herb from sticking to the bottom of the oven"

I do that when I am done, and the oven bottom stays clean, even when doing a hash oil sandwich. If some is stuck to the oven bottom when I pull the stem out, I reinsert it and twist it, and the stem with abv picks up the remainder in the oven

my vortex stem is way too big for the Solo II, so I use it in the Solo OG still with much happiness

@CarolKing posted a bunch about the Solo before the Solo II came out
I already had one but didn't give it its due til then- daily drivers now

JCharles

@WildChild I didn't realize you had an error4.

Error 4, error5 and error7 - I believe I saw error7 on a couple reddit posts, and a couple around here have had error5, and now error4. Interesting

The stock stems fit uber tight in my new unit. The air flow also feels more restricted than previous (and I've been using an OG Solo all week). Im sure as the stem fit loosens, air flow restriction will follow.

I feel like 205c sessions are warmer than they had been with my previous unit. AVB is approximately equal yo the previous unit (different herb so hard to say).

I haven't noticed any thing else...yet.

My old units serial started M218D
The new units serial starts M28G5

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
@WildChild I didn't realize you had an error4.

Error 4, error5 and error7 - I believe I saw error7 on a couple reddit posts, and a couple around here have had error5, and now error4.

I went back to look at my post when I reported the error and it was an 'Error 7', not 'Error 4'. My mistake. Apologies.

The stock stem will indeed loosen up a little bit but not too much. I really like the snug fit.

At times, I feel like the draw resistance is a bit much but I am always rewarded with thick vapor no matter how I pull on the stem. As has been mentioned before, 'It just works'.

Last edited:

OF

This transition is a struggle. Think I might just take a 2 week t-break and come back to it...

Probably a good call under some circumstances. For sure and individual thing. Your call (as it should be).

Good luck with it, I think the benefits are well worth the effort......and I know I've got a lot of company in that view. Hopefully soon you among us?

OF

thx1138

Are the Ed's TnT granadillos (PIU has them) fitting in the Solo II? thinking of getting one

thx1138,

JCharles

Might only be able to pull off a 3 day break, tbh. I'm fiending :rockon:

3 days should be good. I would also get some new herb, and start fresh with it. You can always use up the other stuff next week.

Here's how my Solo II is set up for a session

12 Minute session at 205 C
  • Scoop and finger tamp a full stem of medium coarse grind herb. Approximately 0.15-0.25 grams.
  • Turn my unit on and wait for it to get to 205 C and then I put my stem in
  • Heat soak for another 30-90 seconds. I generally wait until I can see some vapor milking the stem near the oven.
  • Take a long slow draw, 15-30 seconds. Combination of mouth and lung draw.
  • Inhale and exhale vapor.
  • Wait maybe 10-30 seconds before my next pull. At the start of a session I wait longer to get more heat into the bowl.
  • Rinse and repeat for 15-20 draws per bowl. This will usually be the entire 12 minute timer, but I will end early if vapor is light.
  • Blow the avb into a muslin bag or tap into a small mason jar for collecting.
  • If I want another stem, I will turn the unit back again asap, to keep the oven hot. The second stem is rarely a full 12 minute session as I don't need to wait as long for the heat transfer. And I'm generally super stoned about half way through, lol.

JCharles,
Reactions: tonuzzi

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Are the Ed's TnT granadillos (PIU has them) fitting in the Solo II? thinking of getting one
I would give @Ed's TnT a PM. He maybe is on his honeymoon right now. He's a newly married man.

The Granadillo stem and my Blackwood WonG that were made for my Solo OG are too tight in the Solo 2. I believe Ed has made stems for the Solo 2 that fit, I was reading here on the thread. He does some wonderful work. He also is making log vapes now. His Woodscents log would blow you away.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This transition is a struggle. Think I might just take a 2 week t-break and come back to it...

I don't have a Solo 2, just the original Arizer Air, but most people I showed it to found it underwhelming. I definitely find the vapor quality rather tame through it, compared to some of my other, harder hitting vaporizers.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: JCharles
Top Bottom