1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Arizer Solo II

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by bluenavey00, Jan 31, 2017.

1. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I tried to put wood on my lip's?
    [​IMG]
    I ended on 4 however flavor was very decent?
    Some don't care about flavor?

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  2. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

[​IMG]
    I get the 2 ONE day!
    In the meantime this will have 2 do 4 now = SOLO 1 or 2 = CANNABIS = CIVILIZED
    I guess you could MICRO-DOSE?
    ORGANIC COTTON 4 a spacer/FILLER?

3. aniceto

aniceto Member

It does work pretty similar, in fact I used my nano 14mm GonG adapter in my OG Solo and since the bowl is narrower in diameter, it became even more efficient with small doses, you just need to preheat a bit longer since the glass walls are thicker.The nano extracts faster and hits way harder though, better flavour too.. The Solo feels like a 75% portable nano.

Has anyone found any protective case for carrying the long straight stem of the Solo 100% safely?

4. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

I got an 18mm ebay gong adapter for my Solo II and it doesn't hit as thick as the Fury 2 three size in one adapter. I'm new to water and don't know if this is normal. Are 18mm known to create less sense vapor? Is the potential fakeness a problem? It's not slotted for air or anything. I just got it for ten bucks with an ebay code.

ataxian and Dr. Soxhlet like this.
  5. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

You are trying to compare the clouds from a Fury 2 and a Solo 2. IIRC the Fury 2 is convection vs the Solo 2 mostly (if not 100 %) conduction.

Try to give the Solo Gong a bit of a heat soak before the first hit and then in between hits and you should have bigger clouds.

6. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

Your advice is spot on, but I think it has more to do with the Arizer heaters having a bigger system to maintain. Arizer portables are actually some of the most effective hybrids available. And the Fury 2 charts more like a conduction vape than the Arizer portables.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vape-temp-profile-charts.25780/

7. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

I suggest buying directly from Arizer or accredited retailers, prevents from buying knock-offs.

ataxian, vaporcloud and bossman like this.
  8. bossman

9. TempIe

TempIe Well-Known Member

I am torn between picking up a used Firewood 4 or a Solo II. Wanted to see if anyone in this thread has experience with both?

My 3 top features in order are:

1. Flavor
    2. Ease of use
    3. Good battery life

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Dr. Soxhlet, ataxian and BigJr48 like this.
  10. BigJr48

The Arizer Air 2 hands down!!!
    It's all personal preference, only you can decide.

11. BigJr48

Edit* Arizer Solo 2

12. kreaturebait

kreaturebait Member

The line at the dmv was an hour and a half long...I’m glad I had my solo ll. I vaped a couple of bowls and went back in

13. OF

OF Well-Known Member

In a more civilized world there'd be one of those 'now serving number XX' signs in the lounge........

Still to have a Solo in the parking lot beats having it 'back home' when such emergencies come up. Glad you survived.

OF

Edit: On further reflection, the lounge should also have a few (12 Volt) charging cables for Solos. In case the wait gets really long? More useful than six month old magazines you don't normally read like you find at the Doctor or Dentist's office?

We're not there yet, even here in California, but we can plan.....

OF

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  14. GtrBob

GtrBob Well-Known Member

OMG, those old People and other gossip mags in waiting rooms....what torture.
    [What c/b worse: Dentistry Today or the like?]
    :-/

Last few years I've been taking my own magazines, leaving 'em there...
    [I imagine other patients wonder wtf w/ all the guitar and surfer mags later tho'.]

15. I'm Ron Burgundy?

I'm Ron Burgundy? I love vape

never mind

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Dr. Soxhlet, ataxian and KidFated. like this.
  16. bossman

Back in my triathlon days the bike forum I frequented had a flawless user named "53-11alltheway". That's a reference to the biggest chainring up front and the smallest (i.e. fastest) gear in the back. Simply put, it's the highest gear there is.

He wasn't a user so much as a persona, exclusively making over the top comments that embodied the gnarliest hard-core cyclist taking the most aggressive, masochistic approach to every training, racing, or shopping situation. He deadpanned all of it and it just had a great comic relief effect as the epitome of cycling culture. I don't know how much you guys know about cycling but at the competitive and pro levels it's pretty grueling and relies on dedication and regimented training.

So just as we had someone back then to quite literally "represent" cycling, I'm glad we have @ataxian takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. #civilized

17. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Cycling all over France. (My wifes brother is a bike builder for guys on the tour!
    We mountain biked da ANDES in a place before CIVILIZATION (ARGENTINA & CHILE)

18. Philreal187

Philreal187 Well-Known Member

Been taking the solo hiking lately, this was on top of Mt. Hunger in Vermont!

[​IMG]

:peace:

19. VapeReady

VapeReady Member

I'm hesitating between Mighty, MV1, Solo 2...

I noticed one glass stem being shorter on the new solo 2...

Is the draw restriction on the Solo 2 improved compared to the solo OG?

How would some of your compare the draw on the SOLO 2 vs Mighty vs MV1?

20. Little Bill

Little Bill Oldest stoner on FC

Everybody says the draw resistance has improved. I never used the Solo OG; but I do use the Crafty. The Crafty draw is very similar to the Mighty. The Solo 2 draw is just a bit less open than the Crafty; but I use the two vapes differently.

The Solo 2 has an open draw but encourages me to sip, because it has plenty of battery life and the session time can be set to 15 minutes. I could and have on occasion taken deeper draws when I want to finish a load more quickly.

With the Crafty I have to take deep draws or keep hitting the power button to keep it from shutting off after 1 minute. If I sip the load takes longer to finish and the battery needs charging after fewer loads. If I had the Mighty with better battery life and a 5 minute timeout I might use it more like the Solo 2. I like both the Crafty and Solo 2 very much. Happy vaping!

21. bossman

I love my Solo II but wouldn't recommend it for sipping: too much conduction. I mostly include higher temps in a session so I feel everso slightly hurried. The different session times are handy but unless I'm taking the stem or wpa out to stir I know I'm slowly cooking my stuff for any minute I'm not drawing.

The thing I like about the Solo II is the glass airpath and resulting vapor quality. It's not super flavorful after the first few draws but the vapor is comfortable and I can get nice clouds at a wide range of temps. I could keep it low temp longer for flavor chasing I guess.

I like to do a half to 2/3 pack of a Solo long stem and then stir after every few draws. Important to note that I don't own a Mighty or Ghost and I only ever vape .1g or so.

I doubt there's been a Solo II buyer who looked back and said, "Well, buying that vape was a mistake." It's a solid performer and @Little Bill is right that the battery just goes and goes.

22. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

I used to feel rushed with Arizer portable sessions for the same fear. After dropping a temp probe in the oven I no longer feel rushed. The temp drops around 100f between hits, which won’t boil anything off. It takes several minutes to cook a load in there without taking a hit. And after taking the first hit and boiling off the lower temp stuff, very little gets cooked between draws.

23. HughJundys

HughJundys Dixie Rect

For you Is one superior to the other in the flavor department? I always have several strains on hand. I am finding I am in love with flavor. I own a Mighty and Dynavaps, am considering a Solo 2.

Dr. Soxhlet, ataxian and KidFated. like this.
  24. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I have been on the fence (bench) about getting another portable?
    FLAVOR has me spoiled?
    The SOLO provides flavor 4-sure.

SOLO2 one day?

SOLO 1 work's 4-now?

25. OF

OF Well-Known Member

How about something in a nice little ArGo. Just the thing for a sport like you......

OF

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors