Arizer Air II

Jordan23

dropped my Air 2 this morning on the hardwood floor in my house. Broke the black tipped stem and cracked the screen on the device itself. The unit still works, but nothing is displayed on the screen. So I just turn it on, put the temp to max, and then count down to 200 or whatever. Really sucks that the screen is broken... but at least I know how to use it. It still beeps, so that's good. I'll probably order another one of black tipped stems cause I like that mouthpiece.

I e-mailed Arizer and accidental drops aren't covered by warranty and they wont do any repairs to the screen even if I pay. So be careful out there!

biggest downside is that I don't know how much battery life there is... I don't know when it's done heating up... and I can't adjust the temp by 10 degrees at a time because I wouldn't know how long to hold it. Wish I had gotten an Air 1 right now. Oh well... functions the same I guess.

I know it was a few posts behind but same thing happened to me. Soo sad :( The only thing that broke was the LCD inside, outside didn't. I saw the unit open appart at Puffitup and perceived that the LCD screen is soldered in the circuit board and became a little worried about a damaged vape for ever. Now I'm even more.

How are u holding up?

Anyway, I will try to contact Arizer and hope for the best, I love they products. At least they could send just the LCD so I can try to replace it by myself, right?

Just think about a car with a broken odometer and a manufacturer that can't fix it. You can still drive it, but it will be really hard to know the speed.

Last edited:

Jordan23

Hey folks! As I was saying on the last post, I finished cleaning my Air II and stored it on the Belt-Clip Carry Case when suddenly it fell off my hands . I checked if everything was okay on the frame and there weren't any appearent damages. The device turned on perfectly (Whew!), but my happyness didn't last long...

End of story: I broke the lcd screen, just the inner part (the one which is attached with the electronic circuit board). Didn't realize it earlier because the outer glass were intact, just as the whole unit was working perfectly, but the inner LCD has broken up.

I change emails with Arizer's support and I gotta say that I'm impressed with their extremely fast response and willingness to help. They told me that this kind of issue isn't covered by the warranty, as I already knew, but either way they will push me through a warranty claim.

I'm very happy to share this with you, because this is really important when related to electronic devices, which can be damaged in many ways. It's a bless that they will try to fix it.

If you are willing to buy Arizer products, be aware that they care about customers. That's great!

OF

The instructions say to disable the beep to hold the + button down for 3 seconds. I did that. I still have a bleeping beep. Anyone know another way?

I don't have mine in front of me, but think you've got it but are not using it right. It toggles between on (and gives you a confirm beep) and off (and gives you a confirm silence???). Hard to confirm mute with a sound.......

Try it a couple of times, I think you'll get the knack of it. The key is 'on and off' but you only get feedback on on. You want to do that again and not get a beep back. And not turn it back on.

Edit: BTW, the other button (down?), held the same way, recalls the last heat setting used.

OF

Last edited:

narrowsparrow

I think I did what OF wrote above, so I lucked upon a solution for the AA 1. I thought I had figured out the AA2. But, no. I think there is a menu button on the 2, but what do I do after I punch the “m?” I got the beep off, but I had to heat my unit up to 478 to do it. Then when I turned it back on after a few minutes, it delivered another loud beep. We old farts are not so hot with invisible functions.

arb

Semi shaved ape
First option is beep volume low,medium,high and off are options.
Second option is time till auto shutoff\session length.
Third option is Fahrenheit or Celsius.
Fourth option is screen brightness low,medium and high.
Fifth option is now long you hold the buttons for power on.
Hope that helps some.

GoombaTroop

I know it was a few posts behind but same thing happened to me. Soo sad :( The only thing that broke was the LCD inside, outside didn't. I saw the unit open appart at Puffitup and perceived that the LCD screen is soldered in the circuit board and became a little worried about a damaged vape for ever. Now I'm even more.

How are u holding up?

Anyway, I will try to contact Arizer and hope for the best, I love they products. At least they could send just the LCD so I can try to replace it by myself, right?

Just think about a car with a broken odometer and a manufacturer that can't fix it. You can still drive it, but it will be really hard to know the speed.

mine is still holding up fine. I don't use it every day... but everything still seems to be working.

LabPong

We're men we don't need to stinking manual !!!!

Until you don't have internet access and cant figure something out.....lol

Like when I needed to fix my washer and had it half apart during a thunderstorm.....then the power went out till the next day....arg....where is my damn youtube repair man....haaa

Vape333

Used my Air 2 for the fist time last night. Got very little vapor w/ a pretty course / average grind. Even running at around 390 not much visible vapor. Best uneducated guess by me is moisture content. Seem like pre-loading the stem is pretty idiot proof after all. Moisture a good guess?

Vape333,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
That would be mine........assuming it was turned on and all that.

arb,

Vape333

That would be mine........assuming it was turned on and all that.

LUL, it was definitely on, let sit for a good few extra seconds even after first pull. Got effects to be sure, but was surprised at lack of vapor. Will try again with some material I leave out on paper for a while later tonight to test theory.

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
Used my Air 2 for the fist time last night. Got very little vapor w/ a pretty course / average grind. Even running at around 390 not much visible vapor. Best uneducated guess by me is moisture content. Seem like pre-loading the stem is pretty idiot proof after all. Moisture a good guess?

I always turned my Air up to max. Try drawing slower maybe?

grampa_herb,

Vape333

So try going to 428 and a slow pull, sure. I have the bubble straw I may try that with though. But wtf, I can give it a go.

Vape333,

OF

Got effects to be sure, but was surprised at lack of vapor.

I guess I don't understand the problem? You put THC in the stem, put the stem in Solo and ran it for a session and got the THC into you instead.......what did you expect? How does this compare to your other vapes?

For sure it's not water content. Drying it before will not change the delivery of THC past delaying it a hit or two. If it's 390F in there, and water boils at 212, it's all steam (and gone) long ago?

What color is your herb on the way in, and after use?

Is this only a matter of not seeing what you expected? Once again, how does it compare to other vapes you've used?. I seriously, seriously doubt you have a failure with your Solo, it would be the first of many thousands discussed here on Solo/Air/Argo threads........

TIA for a few more clues.

OF

Vape333

It was my first night of vape w/Air 2 (not solo) and my only other is a dynavap M. You ask what I was expecting, it is actually what i asked about, visible vapor, a cloud you might say. After seeing a ton of review on the tube, they blow out some decent clouds. At 390 or so, I expected to also, and YES get the effects.

ABV looked fine to my very amateur eyes.

OF

ABV looked fine to my very amateur eyes.

Thanks. If it went in green and came out brown (and you got loaded.....) it's working just fine? It's not magic, but sounds like a solid performance from here. If you put it in, it seems to have come out on schedule?

Perhaps time to evaluate your assumptions? "I read it on the web" is not necessarily a reliable reference....

Good luck with it, but I suggest you enjoy it, not fret over cosmetics.

OF

Vape333

It is about performance man, not to sound rude, I see others getting some decent vapor production, should not I also expect it? I bumped it up last night to 410 and still not great. ABV did have a hot spot on it at that temp also. I need to test the moisture still (will leave some out this weekend on some paper) and another strain perhaps. And my web research is anal between this forum, youtube etc. So that is pretty reliable if you ask me.

Top Bottom