Arizer Air II

OF

I see...........thanks for your patience in explaining it so well.

You're very welcome. It's a tough concept, for sure, and one that 'doesn't seem right' to most folks.

From a Maker POV, "Cost of Warranty" is a huge issue sometimes. Many times, as I've said, there's other factors in play to control those costs (and provide Distributor/Dealers with lower cost products to sell). It can get complex fast.

Hopefully SP has experience here and 'takes it in stride'.

Good luck with it, IMO it's worth getting sorted out.

OF

OF

Ok one last time.........pete did not make the device.

Your call, of course, but I'm sure he understands he may inadvertently sell a lemon (and have a plan for dealing with it)? Just like other Dealers.

If you decide you 'don't want to trouble him', that's cool. If you'd bought it from say PIU the issue would be on the way to being resolved as a matter of unfortunate, but routine, business. My first Solo was from Randy (PIU), and was a dud out of the box. It happens. I got it in the mail and it wouldn't turn on. I contacted PIU, confirmed my suspicions (not cockpit error on my part, always a possible). Randy took pity on me and didn't wait for the dead one but posted a replacement to me right away......I swear I got it in the next mail, less than 24 hours. Then again, I was about 150 miles from him......and all downhill.

Your call with SP, but as a business man this sort of thing had better be part of his business plan? He's not responsible for the failure, of course, but he should be willing to take responsibility for resolving the problem.

Good luck with it.....if you decide to go for replacement.

OF

sickmanfraud

The company produced the product that has the issue.........they are the only ones at fault.
Therefore and hencewith I will bash away,I paid full price for the ticket I am gonna get the ride.

All you will accomplish with your "bashing" is to get yourself a warning point.

I am having trouble understanding why you just don't contact sneaky Pete?

It is your choice to contact SP or not, but I for one am tired of your complaining when you have a simple fix to your problem.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: arb

LabPong

Ok one last time.........pete did not make the device.

No...but he is the one you have the exchange with and not the manufacture. You need to use the warranty support through the entity you purchased from....pretty much like if you had a problem with your cell phone. This is how normal business works......sure some manufactures deal directly with consumers...up to them how they implement their warranty or service.

Just saying that you would be quickest and best served by going through the place you purchased from. Hope you get it fixed quick!

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
All you will accomplish with your "bashing" is to get yourself a warning point.

I am having trouble understanding why you just don't contact sneaky Pete?

It is your choice to contact SP or not, but I for one am tired of your complaining when you have a simple fix to your problem.

Would you like a tissue while you cry about me crying.........we can cry togetner.
Gasp!!!.............not a warning point,be still my quaking heart........lolz.

OF

You need to use the warranty support through the entity you purchased from....pretty much like if you had a problem with your cell phone. This is how normal business works......

Good analogy I think. You deal with the local "Phone Store", not Sanyo in Japan (or is it China)? Sanyo no doubt has warranty covered 'down the line', just not directly to the end user?

IMO we've about beat this one into the dirt? Arb 'gets it' or so she says, she just doesn't want to go to Pete? Her call. I can think of several reasons why......all of them 'her business'.

Regards to all.

OF

arb

Semi shaved ape
Just received a email from customer support apologizing for the misunderstanding.
They provided a shipping label and asked me to return the unit,battery and charger for either repair or return.

This was the response I was looking for in the first place.
So without assuming too much it would seem all will be well in the end.

LabPong

Just received a email from customer support apologizing for the misunderstanding.
They provided a shipping label and asked me to return the unit,battery and charger for either repair or return.

This was the response I was looking for in the first place.
So without assuming too much it would seem all will be well in the end.

Awesome that you got it all set now! .....sucks about the run around you had at first.

shadyonedeath

Anyone have issues with airflow on the Arizer II? Im using a GonG attachment to my lattice bubbler. I can draw for a long time and change speeds, but the air seems to be coming from around the seal of the arizer stem hole. Its not sealing or something so the heat doesnt go through the bowl. Speculation.

been noticing very low cloud bowls. Tight bowls, loose bowls, in the middle, etc. Different strains.

shadyonedeath,
Reactions: arb

LabPong

I have never had a problem with several different WPA's from different sources. I wonder if you got a bad WPA? Did it work fine before?

If it is sealed enough....then I would think this could be a batter issue. How old is the battery your using?

arb

Semi shaved ape
Received the replacement unit today it took one week for the turn around.
Also had two short plastic tipped stems as a gift so that was nice.
Nice to see them handle it like pros I am a happy customer again.
Charging then a burn off then this one is going too be gifted.......cuz that damn screen ain't changed and neither have I.
:myday:

hotagua

anyone have any insight into the bubble straw adapters available for the air II? both sneaky pete and PIU have one, I ended up going with the short PIU adapter shown here: https://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Solo-H2O-Filtration-Stem-p/qtqc.solo-bubb.htm

I'm wondering if anyone has compared the two, as it seems to me the one I have from PIU has the same design as that of sneaky Pete's, but the PIU one doesn't auto-regulate its water level as far as I can tell, have to finangle with it to get it right but even then it still gets in my mouth. that could have more to do with the fact that I got the short one rather than the longer one, though. would appreciate any info/tips involving these straws.

OF

..... the PIU one doesn't auto-regulate its water level as far as I can tell, have to finangle with it to get it right but even then it still gets in my mouth. .....

Mine does just fine, I suspect you're putting in too much water? Try flushing it out from the bottom (which will over fill). Then, over the sink, blow all the water out of the lower trap (what would be lower if it was right end up), leaving only the water in the inverted upper trap that's 'below the tube'? Sometimes I shake gently while blowing to get as much as possible out. That amount of water should fill the lower trap, make it bubble nicely but not blow any water at all through.

Filled correctly, it can be safely carried in any orientation, it doesn't leak.

OF

LabPong

The mini bubble stem I got from PIU awhile ago...is about 4.5 inches long. I fill it up to the 2 holes in the bottom part of the bubbler. OF is right....you probably have too much water...it takes just a small amount. Another one of these bubbler stems I had ....had a couple of lines inside the lower section to show fill mark.

Pretty much not over 1/4 inch of water in the bottom. Then you have to have a stable draw..and I found the draw speed was a narrow band to make it work correctly.

The bigger "bandit" version might be better I feel. But if you do not like the mini stem one....just use it without water. It will work much better than the stock stems.

LabPong

thanks both for the fast response. would this be the appropriate water level? https://postimg.cc/image/wqt1b6jmf/

The internal pieces are diff than mine. But I would say not any more than that....and maybe just a tough less. Try getting it just over that first hole off the bottom.

These things are like......use the least amount of water needed......lol

I see the picture of the long one on PIU shows a 'non-cut" load end. I do not like the arizer wpa's/stems with the cut outs....they usually just scream.......CRACK HERE. lol I actually cut my own in the stock wpa's....but with the Air2....i feel no need now with better airflow design from the original air.

Last edited:

LabPong

Here is mine....I took it out for a spin. The water is just barely above or at the 2 holes inside. Had to sip slower like I recalled...otherwise you just blow the water out of the way from the incoming vapor as it enters the bottom on its way out.

bStem_zpsywydo6w7.jpg

Just a quick question, not sure if it was adressed before: is it possible to attach the tipped stem to a water piece? I faintly remember reading something like that somewhere, don't know where tho :razz:

LabPong

Just a quick question, not sure if it was adressed before: is it possible to attach the tipped stem to a water piece? I faintly remember reading something like that somewhere, don't know where tho :razz:

I recall seeing someone do that....as long as it fits well enough to get a decent seal in the joint of the water unit....its good. Maybe have to use some oring or silicone tube piece otherwise.

But I would just drop the $12-18 on a proper arizer wpa.

Top Bottom