Arizer Air II

Catweasel

It is about performance man, not to sound rude, I see others getting some decent vapor production, should not I also expect it? I bumped it up last night to 410 and still not great. ABV did have a hot spot on it at that temp also. I need to test the moisture still (will leave some out this weekend on some paper) and another strain perhaps. And my web research is anal between this forum, youtube etc. So that is pretty reliable if you ask me.
Strain and moisture can both be huge factors, I'm only an air 1 user, not 2, but I generally get pretty substantial vapor and I've definitely had a few strains that were a big contrast to that, I wouldn't be worried if you've only tried one so far.

LabPong

Used my Air 2 for the fist time last night. Got very little vapor w/ a pretty course / average grind. Even running at around 390 not much visible vapor. Best uneducated guess by me is moisture content. Seem like pre-loading the stem is pretty idiot proof after all. Moisture a good guess?

It could be the combo of moisture and grind size.....try it really dry and finer grind. I can get big clouds with several strains I have. But some do not offer up as much...

OF

It is about performance man, not to sound rude, I see others getting some decent vapor production, should not I also expect it?

Again, from what you've said, there's nothing wrong/atypical with your unit? It's delivering all the THC you put in, just not at the rate you expect. Solo/Air/ArGo is a proven system with wide following, your unit seem 'on par'.

IMO what you seek is technique and experience related. Expecting to take it out of the box, load it up with what's handy and get 'huge clouds' is not realistic. It's not magic, but rather very versitle. You have to use it to get the specific results you want.

OF

GoombaTroop

Used my Air 2 for the fist time last night. Got very little vapor w/ a pretty course / average grind. Even running at around 390 not much visible vapor. Best uneducated guess by me is moisture content. Seem like pre-loading the stem is pretty idiot proof after all. Moisture a good guess?

try exhaling into a desk lamp or other bright light. vapor doesn't show up well without some kind of light.

Vapster707

So has anyone tried useing tha longer ed's solo wood stems with tha air 2 ??? I like tha longer stem plus I've read tha shorter air 2 stem gives hot vape ...Anyone have any thoughts or help ????

Vapster707,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
My screen stopped working today had it since fathers day.
Still heats up and all that but essentially a guessing game.
Bought through sneakypetes so will l go through them or arizer for warranty?

OF

Bought through sneakypetes so will l go through them or arizer for warranty?

Bummer.

From a legal POV it has to be with the guy you bought it from, he's the guy you have a contract with not Arizer. Sometimes makers honor claims directly, but the only party you have recourse with is the guy you gave money to ('quid pro quo'). He, OTOH, has a contract with Arizer or an intermediate that he can 'fall back on'.

Since you gave no money (or other valuable consideration) to Arizer, you technically have no claim/recourse with them directly.

You might try contacting Arizer, but the proper guy to 'talk to' is the guy you have the contract with. Fortunately both parties have excellent reputations to uphold.

At least as I understand the rules as they were explained to me many years back by our company lawyer. I'm confident contract law still reads the same, FWIW.

Good luck with it.

OF

arb

Semi shaved ape
Getting the runaround from arizer despite providing all documentation.
They are aware there is a serious problem with the screen but seem unwilling to replace unless I pay a fee.
Unit was not dropped or abused or even Sat on just two hours in a purse at the mall.
Less than a month old........I am extremely disappointed at this junction.
I cannot in good conscious recommend this vape or company any more.
Lost me as a customer for sure.

OF

Getting the runaround from arizer despite providing all documentation.
They are aware there is a serious problem with the screen but seem unwilling to replace unless I pay a fee.

I cannot in good conscious recommend this vape or company any more.
Lost me as a customer for sure.

That's unfortunate, but as I said what you might expect? Your only legal claim is with the guy who sold it to you. You have no contract with them directly, since you gave them no money ('quid pro quo' again). They no doubt have an agreement with those 'down the line'.

They had the option (their call) to honor a warranty on their own but chose not to for some reason. We can only guess why, but typically units are offered at lower costs to Dealers with agreements covering such returns (which can be extremely expensive, wiping out the profit from a pile of other units). A place I worked for years ago made electronics for the Marine industry. Our price to Dealers was variable, those who agreed to cover warranty costs (service calls to random boats in distant harbors are a huge cost to us), in exchange we sold at lower cost to them and fixed and retested units they removed and returned to us for free (shipped back to them) for a year from date of sale (if they could confirm, otherwise from shipment to them) and a flat $25 for those 'out of warranty'. Many of our Dealers offered 'lifetime' warranties since their cost would be limited to their labor, shipment to us, and $25 worst case. They often made more sales providing such CS to their customers. At our option we'd cover individual the same way, but most preferred 'the Technician' to make the install and testing (some units need alignment out of the box to match the RADAR on board). That's how I know the rules.

If you'd bought directly from them it would be different of course. If you had bought it from say PIU or PV, they would have already replaced the unit for you and would be now getting compensated by Arizer? That has real value IMO when things go wrong. You still have legal recourse with the guy who sold it to you, hopefully that will work out?

While this is unfortunate it's too bad it's soured you on Arizer in general and any product they make or will make. I think in general their products are excellent (although it might turn out the display on Air II is frail?). The key to good Customer Support, should it be needed, seems to be in selecting a Dealer with a strong reputation for that.

Good luck with it.

OF

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
That's unfortunate, but as I said what you might expect? Your only legal claim is with the guy who sold it to you. You have no contract with them directly, since you gave them no money ('quid pro quo' again). They no doubt have an agreement with those 'down the line'.

They had the option (their call) to honor a warranty on their own but chose not to for some reason. We can only guess why, but typically units are offered at lower costs to Dealers with agreements covering such returns (which can be extremely expensive, wiping out the profit from a pile of other units). A place I worked for years ago made electronics for the Marine industry. Our price to Dealers was variable, those who agreed to cover warranty costs (service calls to random boats in distant harbors are a huge cost to us), in exchange we sold at lower cost to them and fixed and retested units they removed and returned to us for free (shipped back to them) for a year from date of sale (if they could confirm, otherwise from shipment to them) and a flat $25 for those 'out of warranty'. Many of our Dealers offered 'lifetime' warranties since their cost would be limited to their labor, shipment to us, and $25 worst case. They often made more sales providing such CS to their customers. At our option we'd cover individual the same way, but most preferred 'the Technician' to make the install and testing (some units need alignment out of the box to match the RADAR on board). That's how I know the rules.

If you'd bought directly from them it would be different of course. If you had bought it from say PIU or PV, they would have already replaced the unit for you and would be now getting compensated by Arizer? That has real value IMO when things go wrong. You still have legal recourse with the guy who sold it to you, hopefully that will work out?

While this is unfortunate it's too bad it's soured you on Arizer in general and any product they make or will make. I think in general their products are excellent (although it might turn out the display on Air II is frail?). The key to good Customer Support, should it be needed, seems to be in selecting a Dealer with a strong reputation for that.

Good luck with it.

OF
I don't see anywhere on their website that says they only agree to warranty products purchased from them. They talk about authorized retailers though which I would assume Sneaky Pete probably is. If he isn't then I can understand why they wouldn't warranty it but if he is according to their own policy they should warranty it no problem.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
The issue is the screen and they know it..........which is THE problem imo.

arb,

OF

I don't see anywhere on their website that says they only agree to warranty products purchased from them. They talk about authorized retailers though which I would assume Sneaky Pete probably is. If he isn't then I can understand why they wouldn't warranty it but if he is according to their own policy they should warranty it no problem.

I get it you think that's the way it should work, but in the end it's not how it does? Contract Law is clear on the topic. What happens if SP (or some other seller) doesn't abide by their agreement with their supplier? Something totally out of Arizer's control. Not that he, or anyone else we know, isn't......but......

They offer the warranty to anyone who buys from them. Including Distributors/Dealers. That means someone who sold it to SP (in theory) has it and extends it to him? And he to his customer. For instance, how about if it's not new (a 'demo' or return). Or not even genuine? Such warranties are generally 'not transferable'. Your recourse is with the seller to you, as Arizer insists in this case.

Sorry for the wet blanket, but that's how the law works. And Arizer knows/understands that. Arizer has no relationship to you unless you give them money (or other valuable consideration) directly. Honest. Look it up? If I agree to loan you my truck to move, then change my mind (and you suffer significant time and financial loss) you have no claim against me if you gave me nothing in return for my offer. It has to be a 'both ways exchange', quid pro quo. This is why so many contracts involve one dollar to one of the parties...... Like when the party in trouble gives the PI a dollar to 'take the case'. One place where TV got it right.

OF

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I get it you think that's the way it should work, but in the end it's not how it does? Contract Law is clear on the topic. What happens if SP (or some other seller) doesn't abide by their agreement with their supplier? Something totally out of Arizer's control. Not that he, or anyone else we know, isn't......but......

They offer the warranty to anyone who buys from them. Including Distributors/Dealers. That means someone who sold it to SP (in theory) has it and extends it to him? And he to his customer. For instance, how about if it's not new (a 'demo' or return). Or not even genuine? Such warranties are generally 'not transferable'. Your recourse is with the seller to you, as Arizer insists in this case.

Sorry for the wet blanket, but that's how the law works. And Arizer knows/understands that. Arizer has no relationship to you unless you give them money (or other valuable consideration) directly. Honest. Look it up? If I agree to loan you my truck to move, then change my mind (and you suffer significant time and financial loss) you have no claim against me if you gave me nothing in return for my offer. It has to be a 'both ways exchange', quid pro quo. This is why so many contracts involve one dollar to one of the parties...... Like when the party in trouble gives the PI a dollar to 'take the case'. One place where TV got it right.

OF
Has nothing to do with the way I think it should work. It's the way their own website states it should work.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Understood. He's not involved at present, although IMO he should be. Right now it's between you and Arizer?

Have you contacted him? I suspect he has a plan.

OF

The issue is obviously a production thing so I see no reason for him to eat it.
I bought it I eat it.......he fulfilled his end eh.

OF

The issue is obviously a production thing so I see no reason for him to eat it.
I bought it I eat it.......he fulfilled his end eh.

Sorry, I'm obviously not being clear enough, he doesn't "eat it", he returns it to Arizer (or perhaps the Distributor) under warranty?

Aside from some postage, nobody 'eats it'. The seller has to take responsibility. Same as if I sell you my 'nearly brand new' unit?

Has nothing to do with the way I think it should work. It's the way their own website states it should work.

But you've misread things? They will no doubt honor the warranty TO THE GUY THEY SOLD IT TO if the conditions there are right.

Again, once they sell it to a Distributor/Dealer they have no control and therefore no liability. It's the way the laws work. Check it out?

By Contract Law (what we're talking about) you have to have a relationship to the other party to proceed. I get it folks might wish it were otherwise (and it could be at Arizer's option), but facts are facts here? Arizer would not have taken that 'stand' if they weren't on firm ground. The recourse is with the guy you have the (purchase) contract with. Always (absent a voluntary offer otherwise from the Maker......which would not be legally enforceable anyway).

OF

arb

Semi shaved ape
The company produced the product that has the issue.........they are the only ones at fault.
Therefore and hencewith I will bash away,I paid full price for the ticket I am gonna get the ride.

Yeah instead of bashing the company you need to get in contact with the person that purchased it from...period.

arb,
The company produced the product that has the issue.........they are the only ones at fault.
Therefore and hencewith I will bash away,I paid full price for the ticket I am gonna get the ride.
I think OF has explained how this situation works multiple times for you.
Take his advice.

Top Bottom