Arizer Air II

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
Hey guys and gals!

So I’m excited to say that I finally got to unbox my air 2! I just plugged it in, it started at 14% and within less than a minute or two it was already up to 19%!

Now I noticed that I can’t charge it upright without it trying to fall over, so is it alright that I charge it on its side even though it puts a little weight on the charging cord? I really don’t want to mess this thing up.

Also, I know that y’all recommended overcharging it on the first charge, but how long should I charge it for? I guess what I mean is how long after it hits 100% or whatever it reaches should I leave it on the charger for?

OF

Also, I know that y’all recommended overcharging it on the first charge, but how long should I charge it for? I guess what I mean is how long after it hits 100% or whatever it reaches should I leave it on the charger for?

As I said in PM, I go four additional hours the first time only. Or 'overnight' if I'm not going to be around.

OF

OF,
Reactions: BigJr48

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
The Air 2 is still on the charger, hasn’t moved up from 95% for about 45 minutes now. Is this normal? I know someone else mentioned that they couldn’t get theirs past 93% if I remember correctly

EDIT: please ignore this, it hit 100!

Last edited:

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
Hey everyone, I wanted to give an update with how things are going as well as get some of my concerns addressed.

I charged the Air 2 to 100% and then let it continue to charge for about 4 hours until I unplugged it. About 15 minutes later I swiveled off the oven cap and turned it on for the initial burnoff. I turned it up to 428 F (no stem in oven) and as it got up to 300+ I was able to smell an extremely strong smell like burning plastic or glue, I’m not really sure which (about a foot from my face). Of course I’m hoping it wasn’t burning plastic as I took a big whiff trying to figure out if the smell was coming from the Air 2 which it was. I was not able to see any visible vapor off gassing. I did 2 back-to-back max temp (10 minute?) burnoffs with the smell not being as overwhelming after the first few minutes (smell singed my nose when I took a whiff). I waited about 4 or 5 minutes before replacing the oven cap for fear of it melting.

Now I have a couple of questions about this. How bad/unhealthy for me is it to have taken a big whiff of this melting plastic smell? What would have caused this? I bought the device directly from Arizers website. I get very paranoid about these kinds of things and the smell was very strong. I noticed that looking down into the oven that there seems to be some plastic threading right above the oven, could this have started melting? I looked into the oven before starting the initial burnoff and didn’t see anything. Didn’t notice anything visible in the oven after the 2 burnoffs.

My next question is how long after heating the device to max temp is it safe to replace the oven cap? I notice that hot air comes out of the oven for a little while after it shuts off after a session.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little bit disappointed and concerned about the smell, as I spent a large amount of time trying to find a “healthy and safe” vaporizer that wouldn’t cause me any paranoia about using it.

Sorry about the long post!

BigJr48

Hey everyone, I wanted to give an update with how things are going as well as get some of my concerns addressed.

I charged the Air 2 to 100% and then let it continue to charge for about 4 hours until I unplugged it. About 15 minutes later I swiveled off the oven cap and turned it on for the initial burnoff. I turned it up to 428 F (no stem in oven) and as it got up to 300+ I was able to smell an extremely strong smell like burning plastic or glue, I’m not really sure which (about a foot from my face). Of course I’m hoping it wasn’t burning plastic as I took a big whiff trying to figure out if the smell was coming from the Air 2 which it was. I was not able to see any visible vapor off gassing. I did 2 back-to-back max temp (10 minute?) burnoffs with the smell not being as overwhelming after the first few minutes (smell singed my nose when I took a whiff). I waited about 4 or 5 minutes before replacing the oven cap for fear of it melting.

Now I have a couple of questions about this. How bad/unhealthy for me is it to have taken a big whiff of this melting plastic smell? What would have caused this? I bought the device directly from Arizers website. I get very paranoid about these kinds of things and the smell was very strong. I noticed that looking down into the oven that there seems to be some plastic threading right above the oven, could this have started melting? I looked into the oven before starting the initial burnoff and didn’t see anything. Didn’t notice anything visible in the oven after the 2 burnoffs.

My next question is how long after heating the device to max temp is it safe to replace the oven cap? I notice that hot air comes out of the oven for a little while after it shuts off after a session.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little bit disappointed and concerned about the smell, as I spent a large amount of time trying to find a “healthy and safe” vaporizer that wouldn’t cause me any paranoia about using it.

Sorry about the long post!

I charged the Air 2 to 100% and then let it continue to charge for about 4 hours until I unplugged it.

Why would you charge a battery for four hours past it's peak of 100%??? I suggest you buy a external battery charger so that no damage be done to your new Air 2

BigJr48,
Reactions: OF

LabPong

Why would you charge a battery for four hours past it's peak of 100%??? I suggest you buy a external battery charger so that no damage be done to your new Air 2

It is good to let the first charge on a new battery go long....and better if you slow charge it at 1-1.5 amps over night..or say 8 hours or so. This gives the battery a full spectrum of fullness if you will....allows max capacity of holding a charge. After that.....good to charge up these types of cells when they are down to 40-60 %....then charge up to say 90-95% full for best longevity of the cell.

In general...that is good practice on these 18650's.

OF

Now I have a couple of questions about this. How bad/unhealthy for me is it to have taken a big whiff of this melting plastic smell? What would have caused this?

My next question is how long after heating the device to max temp is it safe to replace the oven cap?

The smell most likely came from some hydrocarbon contamination (fingerprints, oil?) left behind. It takes a surprisingly little amount to make a large smell since the atoms of the smell are separated into tiny bits in the vapor. The smell should not be toxic in the classic sense (it's not really poison.....) and we are a hearty species, it takes lots of years of mining in very heavy dust to get 'black lung' or die of smoking tobacco (which actually is a collection of poisons).

I would not worry, personally. But just in case, if you die can I have your vapes?

On the matter of the cap I can't say, I pull the stupid things off and lose them. No worry then. However, I suspect it's safe to do when the cover around the cap has cooled enough for you to touch you're fine.

Why would you charge a battery for four hours past it's peak of 100%???

For maximum possible battery life. One time only, after the first serious discharge (like 'testing') eliminates this possiblility, whatever potential 'extra capacity' (and it's minor, a few percent?) is lost forever.

Your call.

IT doesn't charge if you're on 100%. Keeping the Air plugged in when it's fully charged is no problem :)

Good point, you're not really going to hurt it, it's protected from abuse here. However chargers don't really fully cut off, they put out a very small 'search' current to see if there's really a battery there that might need charging which is what we try to take advantage of with the 'overcharge' idea.

It is not a good idea to leave any 18650 at 100% charge if you want long service life. If you stop charging at 90% instead (a fraction of a session) you get TWICE as many 'cycles' from the battery. Twice as long before replacement. IMO worth considering. Drop another 10%, now a full session or so, and you get FOUR TIMES as many recharges before replacement. Instead of say 6 sessions per charge times 300 cycles for 1800 sessions before replacement you could have 5 times 1200 for six thousand sessions, more than 3 times the total?

Your call there, too, I guess. But for myself I try to stop early. Every time I do I get the next 'cycle' for free (battery replacement wise).

Regards to all.

OF

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
Those of you who have an Arizer Air 2; did you rinse off your stems before first use? Or ISO soak them? Or not do anything to them? The reason I ask is because the stem I got look dirty like they have smudges on them. Silly me for assuming that they would be clean and ready upon arrival. I just used the last of my ISO to clean my Santa Cruz, so I hope that a simple hot water rinse would be enough?

9.Fingers,

OF

I just used the last of my ISO to clean my Santa Cruz, so I hope that a simple hot water rinse would be enough?

Why a half effort? Use some detergent so you get oils and other stuff that won't dissolve in water. Dish soap or shampoo are possibles. Or Mister Dishwasher, if you have one handy and are lazy?

ISO is not magic, it's just a good solvent for lots of things. Detergents don't have to dissolve, only 'break the bonds'.

It'd wash it before rinsing.

OF

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
Thank you OF for all of your help.

I’ve decided not to half ass it and grab some 70% ISO to let the stem sit in for a minute or two.

If I remember correctly there are certain materials that you should not soak in ISO or at least not for very long. What about the little black stem caps that are for carrying a pre-loaded stem? Can you ISO soak those? I wasn’t going to originally but I figured I’d ask anyways.

Also, I don’t want any material falling down and getting combusted in the oven, is packing it in the stem going to keep it in there good enough? Or can/should I put a metal screen in after I pack the material in to keep the material from falling into the oven?

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Don’t soak the stem caps.

A light pack will keep the herb in the stem, but herb coming into contact with the inside of the bowl is not a big deal. Combustion won’t happen

OF

Also, I don’t want any material falling down and getting combusted in the oven, is packing it in the stem going to keep it in there good enough?
A light pack will keep the herb in the stem, but herb coming into contact with the inside of the bowl is not a big deal. Combustion won’t happen

KF is good, KF is wise......listen to the man.

It is not possible to combust in Solo/Air/ArGo since the cup is the hottest part and it's too cold to combust by design. It's TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED, right? It can never be hotter than 428F, unlike some vapes.

The worst you can do is 'overcook' debris. Most likely debris will simply fall out the bottom of the oven (where the wires come out) and get lost 'down in the works'.

I still think washing is a better way to clean new stems than any solvent alone. For used ones, with contamination that will dissolve in that solvent, it's a different story. Not all contamination possible will dissolve in ISO. Your call.

My advice is to enjoy it........

OF

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
After my first couple uses with the Air 2, I can say it gets the job done.

Much less visible clouds than the Fury 2, but I worry less with the Air 2 about what I’m breathing in. A little difficult to use on the go and in tight time pinches, but overall I’m satisfied

GoombaTroop

dropped my Air 2 this morning on the hardwood floor in my house. Broke the black tipped stem and cracked the screen on the device itself. The unit still works, but nothing is displayed on the screen. So I just turn it on, put the temp to max, and then count down to 200 or whatever. Really sucks that the screen is broken... but at least I know how to use it. It still beeps, so that's good. I'll probably order another one of black tipped stems cause I like that mouthpiece.

I e-mailed Arizer and accidental drops aren't covered by warranty and they wont do any repairs to the screen even if I pay. So be careful out there!

biggest downside is that I don't know how much battery life there is... I don't know when it's done heating up... and I can't adjust the temp by 10 degrees at a time because I wouldn't know how long to hold it. Wish I had gotten an Air 1 right now. Oh well... functions the same I guess.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
dropped my Air 2 this morning on the hardwood floor in my house. Broke the black tipped stem and cracked the screen on the device itself. The unit still works, but nothing is displayed on the screen. So I just turn it on, put the temp to max, and then count down to 200 or whatever. Really sucks that the screen is broken... but at least I know how to use it. It still beeps, so that's good. I'll probably order another one of black tipped stems cause I like that mouthpiece.

I e-mailed Arizer and accidental drops aren't covered by warranty and they wont do any repairs to the screen even if I pay. So be careful out there!

biggest downside is that I don't know how much battery life there is... I don't know when it's done heating up... and I can't adjust the temp by 10 degrees at a time because I wouldn't know how long to hold it. Wish I had gotten an Air 1 right now. Oh well... functions the same I guess.
Kind of surprised they won’t fix the screen.. hope it holds out for you.

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
Every time I use the Air 2 I like it more and more. I am noticing bigger clouds at 355 degrees, but still not the same level of the Fury 2. I assume that this is because in the Fury the material is directly touching the oven while in the Air 2 it is not. Fantastic flavor and no harshness whatsoever.

I am, however, interested to learn more about the materials that the Air 2 is made out of. I looked at the breakdown, but still didn’t learn too much about the pieces I am interested in.

Does anyone know what material is used inside the oven right above the stainless steel? The bit that looks like grayish ribbed plastic. This area of the vape sees quite a bit of heat, and I’m pretty sure the oven gets hot enough to melt plastic. Also, what is the oven cap made out of? The bit that says “open”? This part seems like plastic that would not be heat resistant, but I could be wrong. Just curious as when closed after the sesh, the 350-400 degree heat from the oven rises up and it seems to me that it would just melt the plastic at that temp.

9.Fingers,

OF

This part seems like plastic that would not be heat resistant, but I could be wrong. Just curious as when closed after the sesh, the 350-400 degree heat from the oven rises up and it seems to me that it would just melt the plastic at that temp.

There are 'plastics' that are appropriate to the temperatures (or other materials would be used by Arizer?). Mechanically the unit seems sound (no reported issues) and discussion of safety related concerns in a thread is discouraged/forbidden.

Not to worry, IMO Solo is for enjoying.

OF

OF,
Reactions: BigJr48

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
420 Sale!

Anyone who has been thinking about picking up the Arizer Air 2 should definitely do so soon! They are having a "420 Sale" where the Air 2 is listed for $189.99, down from $239.99!! Totally worth it.

nomadicsoul34

Is
There are 'plastics' that are appropriate to the temperatures (or other materials would be used by Arizer?). Mechanically the unit seems sound (no reported issues) and discussion of safety related concerns in a thread is discouraged/forbidden.

Not to worry, IMO Solo is for enjoying.

OF

Is that true ? we arent allowed to discuss health factors when assessing the vapes? If so thats a garbage rule. I wont be buying one if i dont have confirmation that its not harmful to my health.

nomadicsoul34,
Reactions: arb and OF

OF

Is that true ? we arent allowed to discuss health factors when assessing the vapes? If so thats a garbage rule.

Yes, I believe it's true (or I wouldn't 'say' it......). I have personally admonished by the Mods for responding to such concerns. There is a general thread somewhere, but the history is threads are very easily 'sidetracked' into chaos and worse, far removed from the intent of individual vape threads. It can become emotional quite easily and rapidly.

If you have concerns/criticisms of Forum rules/policies that too is a forbidden topic I believe, in any thread. You should take that up 'with Management' off line?

I'm sorry you have such concerns that are keeping you from enjoying Solo/Air/ArGo, hopefully you can find resolution. They are no doubt sincere, and should be resolved, but this is not the venue for that as I understand things.

Regards,

OF

DashFlash

I own the original solo but selling to a friend.

Any reason to pick this over an Argo aside from discreetness? Cost not being a factor.

I’m having the most difficult time picking between them.

Is the vapor superior on the air 2?

DashFlash,

tootlet

R62Pl6s.jpg

Zy61BTh.jpg

Greetings,
I'm an enthusiastic user of both the Arizer Solo 2 and Arizer Air 2. I was going through FC forums one day and stumbled upon an accessory that I really like. I bought 4 of them and now I want more. But I just followed a link from FC forums to a website, placed an order and can't find it again. I'm hoping FC can help me. These tips were originally for another vaporizer but work great with the Arizers. I've googled everything I can think of but no joy. Can anyone help?

Modnote: Edited to display images

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom