AEON Glass by jhanpixel

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Really nice work - I am in the market for some glass and I might have to check this stuff out. Gonna start reading this thread now! :rockon:

Ever thought about blowing hydra-tubes?

mvapes,

bopper

what are those for?

i made one of those a while back as a custom - didn't really make sense to me

new item up.

been a while

The bottom input on the tube allows it to be used (with a suitable adapter, which may hold the material to be vaporized) on top of a vaporizer such as an upright Arizer Solo. To use the solo, for instance, with most glass pieces the vaporizer is turned upside down. The bent neck on the tube increases the comfort and ease of use with a vaporizer which is most stable upright.

The new item is a female joint version of the 14" Wubbler, right?

Ever thought about blowing hydra-tubes?
Just what I've been asking, more or less. :D

bopper,

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
oh ok - that makes sense .. is there a large market for these hydra tubes?

i would imagine the factory that made the vape would support w/ releasing different kinds of tubes to choose from? or are they over priced?

seems to be simple perc / mouthpiece w. a dewar on the bottom

can't see these costing more than $150 (am i gonna regret this later?)

bopper

i would imagine the factory that made the vape would support w/ releasing different kinds of tubes to choose from? or are they over priced?

seems to be simple perc / mouthpiece w. a dewar on the bottom

can't see these costing more than $150 (am i gonna regret this later?)

The hydratubes are relatively inexpensive packaged with the manufacturer's vaporizer, but more expensive without the vaporizer, which cost $449 alone. For comparison, my solo cost $160. There is, IMO, a large untapped market for such tubes. With a nice variety of percs and fair pricing, you'd have no reason for regret, one would guess.

This sort of tube has more general applicability than just one type of vaporizer. Intrepid FC members have already used them, for instance, in place of a removable mouthpiece for additional diffusion.

NewVape

What a guy!

I would foresee a large enough demand to make it a item that you stock regularly. There are a number of vapes that use some form of direct draw wand or tube. Replacing the wand with some type of bubbler tube maintains the ease of use that is gotten with just a dry wand.

I know that I'd like one... :)

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Dunno how much demand you'd see, but the "real" ones are rather expensive, and very limited in choice in the number of perks available. They're mostly just trees and circs by different blowers. If you could come up with some new options they'd probably sell, especially if you price them like your other pieces.

Anonymouse,

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
kinda hard to design something when you don't fully understand the use for it.

does anyone have any ideas? if there were enough ppl who liked 1 particular design/style it wouldn't be too hard to work it up.

redglassgallery,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
A hydratube is basically the top section of a tube with a perc in the neck.
But instead of a tube base or a beaker base with either a 45 or 90 degree joint, it has a downward facing joint.

It would be mostly useless for combustion, as your herb would just fall out if the bowl, but since a lot if vapes have a screen on both sides of the bud, it holds it in place, making the bottom a convinient place for the Gong joint.

I could rattle off a few vapes that it would work with, but tbh, it's probably be easier to come up with a list of vapes it wouldn't work with.

The use (for me) is as a convinient water tool that gives a nice moderate amount of filtration in a single chamber, and its also pretty portable (meaning it doesn't take up much room in a backpack or something, not for our and about use ;))

Here's a vid of my hydratube with my solo, it might help you understand it's use :)

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
you can prolly come up with some custom adapters to smoke flowers or do dabs too. i don't think it will be all that hard.

ilovebOObs,

NewVape

What a guy!
Here's a vid with the HydraTube in action (skip to about 2:10)

And here's a review I did of a similar tube used a with a different vape. nectar collector (scroll down to my post/review)

Should give you an idea of at least what I'm Thinking of. I'm sure others have input.

NewVape,
Reactions: ataxian

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
seems like only a tree or a circ w. a up tube would work

honeycombs/discs/doughnuts/stemlines would work for this application so that limits things

that 1st vid from fred looks so unstable like its gonna fall over any sec ( do allot of ppl break these hydras? )

1st thing i was thinking about was an actual HYDRA perc ( 5 arms - my long 5 tree would work nicely )

options
5 tree
8 tree
10 tree
12 tree
showerhead
ratchet
matrix(colie style)

mouthpiece options
regular ( 38 or a 44 )
bent neck ( 25 or 32 )

ilovebOObs

1st video is unstable because of the small vape, not really made for that vape. I would also add an option for a gong joint mouth piece too, so you can stacks these as an option too.

ilovebOObs,

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
Scan1_zpsd4a1a53e.jpg

just a quick sketch

could be stacked

could be used w/ one of these
2013-03-20161353_zps34138329.jpg

noodle mp prototype
2013-03-20160327_zpscfa7dd03.jpg

Bon Dog

Dude I bet a matrix hydrotube wouldsell like hotcakes lol. Also if you are sirious about this it may be advantageous to start a new thread with a poll to see what people want (kinda like the fc Bubs)

Bon Dog,
These ideas look very intriguing indeeed... I would like to add that using a very long perc in the piece would be a very welcome thing. For lots of these vapes getting water leaking out of the lower opening can be catastrophic. A tall perc with a little water in the bottom will be very resistant to spills. I would to love to see the construction resemble one of your dewar style downstems inverted. Splash will be an issue with such a short can, but please don't put some kind of restrictive splashguard in. Offsetting the upwards joint for the mouthpiece may help with that.
I would love to seem something squat, or shaped differently than other existing tubes of this type. Great work!

mrboote,

ilovebOObs

Wow that ratchet design looks like a winner to me. Thanks for those quick sketches.

ilovebOObs,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Now you've got it! Hydratubes are vape accessories, not for dabs or combustion. They connect directly to the vape eliminating need for a whip, and keeping the air path short and all-glass.

That said, I really like that base piece that converts a hydratube (or hydratube stack) into a more conventional water piece. Is that just a normal tool with removable mouthpiece, or did you just work that up as a prototype? Cool idea if so, no-one's done it before.

It could be even simpler still, just a bent tube sitting on a base with an offset 18mm male input and 18mm female output in the centre, that converts whatever tube/s you put on it to accept a bowl or oil dome. That could be made damn cheaply I bet, and most people that own at least one hydratube would want one. You could even use the bend as a natural perc, if a bit gluggy. (Also the bent tube wouldn't add as much volume to the piece.)

Anonymouse,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Damn dude, it sucks you live on the other side of the country. Your collection would be amazing to see I bet.

Anonymouse,

bopper

adding a seperate safety chamber on the bottom will prevent spilling or blowback into the unit but would add to the cost - didn't see this feature on the tubes listed above but did see it on the swagger piece

Glad to see this project taking off and looking forward to your design, or range of designs.

Your clever base (or something like Frederick's cool custom base) would be essential accessories. :cool:

bopper,
Top Bottom