AEON Glass by jhanpixel

jimbo23

Gentlemen, I have to tell you that in my personal opinion, the 13" Cyclone Ratchet and a 45 degree Healthstone is the pinnacle of concentrate consumption. Thanks jhan. Shit is sick.

colieglass

Gentlemen, I have to tell you that in my personal opinion, the 13" Cyclone Ratchet and a 45 degree Healthstone is the pinnacle of concentrate consumption. Thanks jhan. Shit is sick.
Well, I have to disagree. I think the Custom Slyme and Glow in the Dark Honey to Reti Recirculator that jhan whipped up for me with a 45 degree healthstone is the actual pinnacle of concentrate consumption.. Thanks Jhan, youre a gentleman and a scholar.

Doug

Just passing time
Well, I have to disagree. I think the Custom Slyme and Glow in the Dark Honey to Reti Recirculator that jhan whipped up for me with a 45 degree healthstone is the actual pinnacle of concentrate consumption.. Thanks Jhan, youre a gentleman and a scholar.

Please post some pictures! That sounds great!

bopper

Doesn't the 13" Cyclone Ratchet have a (90 degree) Dewar joint? Pardon my asking, but why the 45 degree Health Stone instead of the 90? Having never tried the Health Stone, it seemed that keeping the vapor stone level would facilitate the concentrate melting into the stone? Your practical feedback would be welcome.

bopper,

colieglass

Doesn't the 13" Cyclone Ratchet have a (90 degree) Dewar joint? Pardon my asking, but why the 45 degree Health Stone instead of the 90? Having never tried the Health Stone, it seemed that keeping the vapor stone level would facilitate the concentrate melting into the stone? Your practical feedback would be welcome.
i just got the 45 degree to keep it level.. i take dabs out of a small little 13 inch showerhead tube and it doesnt have the inline style so it makes it sit even, i have smoked out of one of those ratchets jhan makes and it is a dewar if i remember correctly, but i dont think its 45 degree.. it think it just sits up strait so a 90 degree is what id prolly use for that. but honestly, i dont think it really matters with a health stone cause when you hit flame to it, the wax shoots to the outside of the stone and runs down the side of the slide regardless of how you hold it. maybe jimbo has some better input than me. Hey jimbo?

colieglass,

Systehm

Jhan do you have any idea when we'll see the inverted tree perk being implemented in your production pieces? I'm in desperate need for one, obsessed with the sound of the chug and of course the function! Beautiful glass, I hope to add something of your creation to my collection very soon!

Systehm,
Reactions: Roger D

jimbo23

I use the 45 because I can hold the Ratchet in my left hand and torch with my right hand and kick back on the couch. It works wonderfully. The 45 also allows for maximum reclaim without forking out the 110$ for the dedicated reclaim. (was also only 52 bucks on their 420 sale) Don't hesitate to pull the trigger on this bad boy. It is the finest piece I have ever used. It's a very manly piece as well.

jimbo23,
Reactions: bopper

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
Jhan do you have any idea when we'll see the inverted tree perk being implemented in your production pieces? I'm in desperate need for one, obsessed with the sound of the chug and of course the function! Beautiful glass, I hope to add something of your creation to my collection very soon!
its in production now - ready for late april / may release

redglassgallery,

bopper

I use the 45 because I can hold the Ratchet in my left hand and torch with my right hand and kick back on the couch. It works wonderfully. The 45 also allows for maximum reclaim without forking out the 110$ for the dedicated reclaim. (was also only 52 bucks on their 420 sale) Don't hesitate to pull the trigger on this bad boy. It is the finest piece I have ever used. It's a very manly piece as well.

Thanks for the info. If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the super deal on the health stone slide?

bopper,

colieglass

Thanks for the info. If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the super deal on the health stone slide?
he probably got it from aqualab, i ordered one, but it costed me 65 bucks shipped. looking at it from a glass blowers perspective, it almost looks like a common double ended ground joint found at the glass supply with one side of the joint melted beyond recognition. and that adapter just so happens to be the same size as healthstone. pretty clever if you ask me. :smug: <--- Jhan face

colieglass,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
I agree, it looks like they just sandblasted the shit out of the female end to try to hide the fact they're selling a common 18mm male to female extender for essentially US$40 (or is it 18 to 22?). Is there any special retaining mod or something on the inside, or can you just buy the stone on its own and get an adapter separately? Ground joints all have the same taper inside after all.

Anonymouse,
Reactions: Doug

colieglass

I agree, it looks like they just sandblasted the shit out of the female end to try to hide the fact they're selling a common 18mm male to female extender for essentially US$40 (or is it 18 to 22?). Is there any special retaining mod or something on the inside, or can you just buy the stone on its own and get an adapter separately? Ground joints all have the same taper inside after all.
thats what i am assuming and, the female side looks like a 22. dont quote me on this, but it looks pretty obvious now that i have the thing in my hand. and there is no little bumps on the inside or anything to hold the stone up if thats what youre asking. Ill go to the glass supply on monday and grab a few. Ill let you know what i find out then

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Heck, for US$40 you can get a Dab Logic/DabTronix Grade 2, Made-in-USA titanium domeless nail (in male OR female) if you hit eBay. Gotta be healthier than applying a flame to a block of machined pumice that's gonna eventually clog, plus will blend the tastes of any different oils you use on it together.

Anonymouse,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Just a heads up, I've read that lots of stuff on eBay that's listed as grade 2 isn't really grade 2, so can be potentially unsafe for dabbing temps...
I dunno of there's any reliable way to verify its grade 2 before purchasing, but be careful.
:2c:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
Just a heads up, I've read that lots of stuff on eBay that's listed as grade 2 isn't really grade 2, so can be potentially unsafe for dabbing temps...
I dunno of there's any reliable way to verify its grade 2 before purchasing, but be careful.
i don't like the idea of inhaling heated metal ( any kind of metal grade 2,3,4,5,6 etc )
i prefer glass or quartz

but thats just me call me paranoid

that being said i've heard nothing but good things from Highly Educated nails as far as purity

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

Good lookin out!:tup:

SSVUN~YAH,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
SSVUN~YAH,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
i don't like the idea of inhaling heated metal ( any kind of metal grade 2,3,4,5,6 etc )
i prefer glass or quartz

but thats just me call me paranoid

that being said i've heard nothing but good things from Highly Educated nails as far as purity

You aren't technically inhaling off of metal. When exposed to oxygen (i.e., as soon as the metal is cast or new surface area is exposed), titanium forms an inert, transparent, non-permeable oxide coating which is all the air comes in contact with. Know what else is an inert, transparent, non-permeable oxide? Glass. It's just an oxide of silicon instead of titanium. That's why titanium goes wacky rainbow colours when heated, it's forming a microcrystalline oxide layer of varying thicknesses in proportion to the heat, and the refractivity of the transparent crystals mess with the light reflecting off the metal base layer, scattering different wavelengths (colours) differently, making it appear the metal has colour pigmentation. It doesn't, though. Just fancy natural optics.

Borosilicate glass additionally contains aluminum oxide and sodium oxide (both of which are metals), and boron oxide (which is a metalloid like silicon) to give it the low thermal expansion properties that make it suitable for working. So something containing metal oxides isn't necessarily something to worry about (boron is actually mildy toxic, for example, but its oxide is still chemically inert, essentially locking it away). TiO2 is just as inert as quartz, that shit will stand up to a furnace.

Titanium grades 1 through 4 (plus a few of the higher grades) are all considered unalloyed, so the only components of their surfaces should be Titanium Dioxide.

I'm surprised we haven't seen vapes using Ti heat exchangers yet. It's a shitload more thermally conductive than glass (which would be better described as a thermal insulator) and has a higher heat capacity (meaning it takes more air passing over it to cool it the same amount as an equal mass of glass), so you could build a monitored heat source that'd react to changes in draw speed far faster than a glass-coated or ceramic-coated heater could, while being just as inert and a lot more durable (seriously, Ti is tough as fuck, and its ductility is ridiculous so it just bends back into shape even if it does get deformed). Also, it could be easily made to have considerably more surface area, and cheaply, using extruded finned section or other options that just aren't available with glass or ceramic, which would increase its efficiency further still. There's a bunch of units with stainless or aluminium heaters, which could easily be converted to titanium, but so far, no-one has done so. It'd cost more, though, but not as much as you'd expect on a manufacturing scale.

Basically, titanium is awesome stuff.

wootze

You aren't technically inhaling off of metal. When exposed to oxygen (i.e., as soon as the metal is cast or new surface area is exposed), titanium forms an inert, transparent, non-permeable oxide coating which is all the air comes in contact with. Know what else is an inert, transparent, non-permeable oxide? Glass. It's just an oxide of silicon instead of titanium. That's why titanium goes wacky rainbow colours when heated, it's forming a microcrystalline oxide layer of varying thicknesses in proportion to the heat, and the refractivity of the transparent crystals mess with the light reflecting off the metal base layer, scattering different wavelengths (colours) differently, making it appear the metal has colour pigmentation. It doesn't, though. Just fancy natural optics.

Borosilicate glass additionally contains aluminum oxide and sodium oxide (both of which are metals), and boron oxide (which is a metalloid like silicon) to give it the low thermal expansion properties that make it suitable for working. So something containing metal oxides isn't necessarily something to worry about (boron is actually mildy toxic, for example, but its oxide is still chemically inert, essentially locking it away). TiO2 is just as inert as quartz, that shit will stand up to a furnace.

Titanium grades 1 through 4 (plus a few of the higher grades) are all considered unalloyed, so the only components of their surfaces should be Titanium Dioxide.

I'm surprised we haven't seen vapes using Ti heat exchangers yet. It's a shitload more thermally conductive than glass (which would be better described as a thermal insulator) and has a higher heat capacity (meaning it takes more air passing over it to cool it the same amount as an equal mass of glass), so you could build a monitored heat source that'd react to changes in draw speed far faster than a glass-coated or ceramic-coated heater could, while being just as inert and a lot more durable (seriously, Ti is tough as fuck, and its ductility is ridiculous so it just bends back into shape even if it does get deformed). Also, it could be easily made to have considerably more surface area, and cheaply, using extruded finned section or other options that just aren't available with glass or ceramic, which would increase its efficiency further still. There's a bunch of units with stainless or aluminium heaters, which could easily be converted to titanium, but so far, no-one has done so. It'd cost more, though, but not as much as you'd expect on a manufacturing scale.

Basically, titanium is awesome stuff.
High, how r u? Awesome idea. What produces the heat that gets exchanged? I fantasize frequently about a smaller solo with cloud power.

wootze,
Top Bottom