• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AEON Glass by jhanpixel

NewVape

What a guy!
I recently purchased some glass from an iOffer.com retailer named jhanpixel. The name of his company is AEON Glass, but for now is only selling under his iOffer account.

I received my package from them earlier this week with 2 pieces I ordered. They were well packaged and tightly bubble wrapped. One of the pieces was great. Very nice for the price, and more on it later. Sadly the other had a weirdly shaped perc. I emailed the owner and he got back to me within the hour. A few emails later and I had a replacement piece and return postage on its way to me. I am currently stalking the mailman for the replacement piece, but in the mean while here is the other piece.

So far my experience with this bubbler has been good. It's quite hefty and well built. I noticed a couple of very small bubbles in the mouth piece, but that's it. As you can see it's got a pretty beefy joint and all the welds are nice and straight. I have no worries about it breaking on a tip over. Overall, a good general bubbler with a good price. I'll update my thoughts as we get to know each other this weekend.

P1010509.jpg

P1010510.jpg

P1010514.jpg

P1010525.jpg

P1010526.jpg

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
You'll get much better stackage if you raise that water level. Check out the stemline vids on YouTube for some examples of how that should theoretically work the same.

The only thing I wonder is about his glass. He says its Chinese Boro... but I don't have any idea what grade that is. I'm assuming its "dirty" glass. His stuff still looks nice.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Just a note to people. I wasn't expressing my opinion with the "dirty" comment. Its just a phrase I've heard. I am not an expert in the grades of glass. I can tell you the difference between soft and hard glass, but that's it. My opinion on these pieces is not influenced at this point, by the "materials"... but the function. I really like the new piece. Looking forward to the next and the long-term feedback. If they continue to impress, they are a damn good deal.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Takavor23

NewVape

What a guy!
Yeah I'm still playing around with it. I know it has a butter zone. I just need to find it. The action did feel a little "soft". I'll have to find a trade off between action and drag. I'll post another vid once I get a better feel for it.

NewVape,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I would try about a 1/2" above. But I don't own a stemline... so. Just do like 1/4" increments. Been drooling over the piece some more. Love that big beafy joint. His pieces look pretty bomb proof. Nice seeing he anchors his perc to.

Can't wait to see the 2nd piece.

Does he do these pieces with bent necks, do you know? Anyway great pickup. Wish I had gone that route, than the hundreds I wasted on tobacco shop crap.

Someone needs to jump ALL OVER this piece! $80!!?? Man, throw a nice downstem in there from oregonglassblower and holy crap, I bet this rips.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/14-38x4-micro-showerhead-circ-perc-water-pipe-straight-522969379

BigDaddyVapor,

Krimidad

Thanks. I've been looking for a few weeks now and have been told to look at the Headford bubs as the "gold standard" in that price range. I just can't click the buy button though =P To stay on topic, I wonder if this site is related to jhanpixel and could provide some insight to his glass source?:

http://aeonglass.com/

Krimidad,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Thanks. I've been looking for a few weeks now and have been told to look at the Headford bubs as the "gold standard" in that price range. I just can't click the buy button though =P To stay on topic, I wonder if this site is related to jhanpixel and could provide some insight to his glass source?:

http://aeonglass.com/

Manifest Glassworks has a couple of really nice bubblers. Their Cirq (showerhead) is well under $200 at ALT with the Black Friday discount but I believe all they have in stock is tree percs atm.

edit: that jhanpixel bubbler is probably too much diffusion for vaping.

kingofnull,

Krimidad

I'm going with BigDaddyVapor's suggestion and picking up the $80 Micro showerhead circ perc straight tube from jhanpixel, along with a 4+6 slit showerhead downstem from oregonglassblower. The tube is only 4mm thick, but the price is too good to pass up. :tup:

I'll post pictures (and possibly a vid) in this thread with my EQ once they arrive.

ilikesnacks

some of this stuff looks pretty nice, looking around it seems like there are some definite deals to be had. i really like that he ships internationally, obviously.

interested in hearing what more people have to say before i take the plunge though.

ilikesnacks,

NewVape

What a guy!
I finally had some time today to test out the second bubbler I got. This one had much nicer percs then the first and has a very fizzy action. I took some pics and vid the first time I used it.

wub1.jpg

wub2.jpg

wub3.jpg

Krimidad

I picked up the $80 micro showerhead perc from Jhanpixel and a $36 downstem from OregonGlassBlower. The OGB downstem will fire through either the side slits or both the side slits and showerhead depending on how hard you pull. Here is a short video of the setup. I pulled at two different strengths to show the diffusion difference.

Overall, this is a pretty amazing setup for $116 shipped. The diffusion is pretty darn good. I counted 15 slits on the showerhead perc. The downstem is absolutely beautiful and I've already posted my awesome experience with OGB in his own thread. Jhanpixel also shipped very quickly and answered all my questions.

Keep in mind this thing is -small-, so check the dimensions before you buy. I would have liked a little wider base for a 4mm thick piece, but it should be fine if I be careful and use a vape tubing with less torque than PVC...any recommendations?

The pipe had very slight cosmetic imperfections if you look hard enough. There is a very slight indentation at the top of the showerhead perc, and a very tiny scuff on the vertical inner tube of the showerhead. They're hardly noticeable and don't bother me one bit.

A wider base, low profile downstem, extra thick glass, and bent neck would make this a near-perfect piece imo. As it stands now, it is an excellent value and definitely something to check out.

I picked up the $80 micro showerhead perc from Jhanpixel and a $36 downstem from OregonGlassBlower. The OGB downstem will fire through either the side slits or both the side slits and showerhead depending on how hard you pull. Here is a short video of the setup. I pulled at two different strengths to show the diffusion difference.

Overall, this is a pretty amazing setup for $116 shipped. The diffusion is pretty darn good. I counted 15 slits on the showerhead perc. The downstem is absolutely beautiful and I've already posted my awesome experience with OGB in his own thread. Jhanpixel also shipped very quickly and answered all my questions.

Keep in mind this thing is -small-, so check the dimensions before you buy. I would have liked a little wider base for a 4mm thick piece, but it should be fine if I be careful and use a vape tubing with less torque than PVC...any recommendations?

The pipe had very slight cosmetic imperfections if you look hard enough. There is a very slight indentation at the top of the showerhead perc, and a very tiny scuff on the vertical inner tube of the showerhead. They're hardly noticeable and don't bother me one bit.

A wider base, low profile downstem, extra thick glass, and bent neck would make this a near-perfect piece imo. As it stands now, it is an excellent value and definitely something to check out.

Huh, I never bothered to look at the dimensions before.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.aspx?catid=799&parentcatid=856

kingofnull,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Dang, you all are getting some nice pieces. I hope you've been dropping NewVape's name when you order, the guy will appreciate it knowing his customers are repping him.

Thanks for bringing him to us. I check ioffer all the time, never stumbled onto this one.

BigDaddyVapor,
The only thing I wonder is about his glass. He says its Chinese Boro... but I don't have any idea what grade that is. I'm assuming its "dirty" glass. His stuff still looks nice.

While this guy's prices are very attractive, and I even kind of like the ZOB Ufo knockoff, do keep in mind that the "Chinese Boro" is a cheaper grade of material that you'll find in most any name brand glass.

Basically, you have your big US and European glass companies, such as Simax, Corning, Schott, etc., big companies with big names which have extremely consistent products made in high tech facilities using exacting formulas. Then there are China and India, countries which have many nameless, faceless factories which churn out glass rod and tubing of extremely inconsistent quality, in ungodly amounts, at 10-40% the cost of high quality American or European borosilicate. Your glass will contain all sorts of minerals and debris that basically isn't supposed to be in good boro glass, to possibly include the remains of a 11 year old wage slave that fell into the vat at the hellish factory from whence it came.

Glassblowing forums are riddled with threads where people bitch about how difficult, shoddy and temperamental Chinese glass is to work with.

Here's a good glass supplier - browsing a site like this can clear up some of these mysteries: Glasscraft Boro selection - note the price difference between the name brands and the no-name China glass.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with an American blower using Chinese tubing, and in fact I admire the man for letting that fact be known outright apparently. Just know what you're buying.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I've actually heard Simax referred to as Chinese glass. If I remember correctly, the higher end Black Leafs are made with Simax.

Interesting input, thank you.

BigDaddyVapor,
I've actually heard Simax referred to as Chinese glass. If I remember correctly, the higher end Black Leafs are made with Simax.

Interesting input, thank you.

Simax is high quality Czech glass. IIRC correctly they made a few torch designs back in the day as well, under the name Kavalier. It's good stuff.

It's good to hear Black Leaf uses their glass though, instead of less expensive and inferior alternatives.

NewVape

What a guy!
Out of the two I like the inline the best, but only because it pairs really well with my LSV. It's better at handling what I call big bore vapes (ones with very little air restriction). The other one due to it's male joint and extra fizzy nature is great for dabs. In fact the view of the piece while you're doing the dab is amazing, as soon as I figure out a way to get a steady video of it I will post one up.

BTW let him know you heard about him here, he's excited to do things for us.

NewVape,
Top Bottom