AEON Glass by jhanpixel

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I think I'm going to pick up one of these. The price is just too good. I'm stuck between the 12 arm bub and the disc diffuser rig... Where did you find that male to female adapter? I want a bub i can use for flowers with a disc diffuser, and your set up is exactly what I'm looking for.

12 arm bub : have to take a position to hit / more diffusion & volume
Disc perc rig : easy laid back usage / less diffusion & volume

I enjoy that piece more and more each day ;)

Here it is a 18.8mm female to 14mm female. I got my adapters from PV & Bluebeard, if you buy from jhan and you don't have the adapter, I'd ask him like suggested

Roger D,

Thunderclees

12 arm bub : have to take a position to hit / more diffusion & volume
Disc perc rig : easy laid back usage / less diffusion & volume

I enjoy that piece more and more each day ;)

Here it is a 18.8mm female to 14mm female. I got my adapters from PV & Bluebeard, if you buy from jhan and you don't have the adapter, I'd ask him like suggested

Kick ass, thanks guys. I'll be placing my order soon...!

Thunderclees,

matthend

the 12 arm can be brought up to you and hit too, just have to keep it close to vertical... :)

Damn i love that bub

matthend,
Reactions: Roger D

bopper

the 12 arm can be brought up to you and hit too, just have to keep it close to vertical... :)

Damn i love that bub

The more I look at Jhan's work, the more pieces seem right to pair with the Solo. Roger's remarks gave us pause about the volume of the 12 arm. Have you tried that bub with a Solo or another restricted draw vape? The Dewar joint looks like a particularly stable base for a Solo with GonG.

Although not the coolest or most beautiful of his pieces, the:

12" WUBBLER STEMLINE BEAKER 7MM SUPER THICK WATER PIPE

might be the best match with a long, clean stemline, heavy glass and small volume. The height and angle of the mouthpiece is similar to the 12 arm. That height might be perfect for me at 6'2", but at bit less convenient for shorter folks like my wife. The female 18mm joint is also nice, but, with the availability of adapters, won't decide the issue.

Does anyone have any experience with the 12" Wubbler? Any insight or feedback from the knowledgable folks hereabouts would be most welcome, including alternate suggestions.

bopper,

NewVape

What a guy!
Bopper I have two of jhan's piece, the king stemline and the disk oil rig wubbler. The stemline is a bigger bubbler a nod pairs well with my lsv. The oil rig I had jhan make a f/f joint in case I wanted to pair it with a vape. I've found that I really like the smaller size of the can on that model and the double disk wubbler is extra frothy. I find it pairs really well with my Zaps which have a more restricted flow to them, and when I do us it for dabs it hits Whoosh!

Really my 2cents is that it comes down to personal preference. Any bubbler you get you think this is great, if it only did "this" and that's what sets off you GAS.

NewVape,

bopper

Thanks NewVape for the great information. The hardest thing about Jhan's work is choosing a single piece. The:

14" DOUBLE DISC WUBBLER WATER PIPE BUBBLER OIL RIG

looks great, the percs are cool indeed and the volume suitably small, but we worried that it might be too much diffusion when vaping. The youtube video form Jhan also gave the initial impression that the water gets too close to the mouthpiece, but it was probably just too much water. The option to get a female joint is attractive. That Wubbler has to be back in consideration.

The 12" Wubbler Stemline with a 50mm beaker appears to have a much smaller volume than the the King Stemline with a 75mm can, so it might be a better match to the Solo than that beauty. Trying to piece this information together isn't always easy. Any corrections or other information would be appreciated.

bopper,

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
14" DOUBLE DISC WUBBLER WATER PIPE BUBBLER OIL RIG ( i got this right now w/ a female instead of male ) limited run for a wholesale customer so if u need that i can do it for same price.

while the HD slits to provide allot of diffusion i have heard from customers that the small can still retains allot of flavor where as the larger honeycomb cans have some flavor loss but ubber diffsion and stacking.

the wubber beaker stemline ( i feel isn't a great item and im not alone as it hasn't really sold )

the mini king stemline has a huge can and a wide base w/ super thick joint and bridge so it will work well mated w/ the solo.

redglassgallery,

Squeeky

Just put an order in to the 12-arm dewar bub. I'm super excited for getting my first piece of real glass. No more cheap LHS stuff and my first piece that actually accepts GonG fittings beyond my original Extreme.

bopper

14" DOUBLE DISC WUBBLER WATER PIPE BUBBLER OIL RIG ( i got this right now w/ a female instead of male ) limited run for a wholesale customer so if u need that i can do it for same price.

while the HD slits to provide allot of diffusion i have heard from customers that the small can still retains allot of flavor where as the larger honeycomb cans have some flavor loss but ubber diffsion and stacking.

Thanks Jhan for the fair appraisal. Your honesty is, as always, reassuring.

Could you please provide some more details on the 14" Double Disc Wubbler, which now seems the best option for our needs (thanks again NewVape). What is the diameter, glass thickness and approximate height of the can used in this piece (if the stem is 38mm x 4mm, the can appears to be 50mm or so)?

bopper,

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
the mouthpiece is a 25x5
the can is a 44x4
the can height vary's slightly but is usually around 3.5-4"

if the can is too small we have a larger version using the same tech but with a 65x5 can.

redglassgallery,

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
that is a 75x5 can.

can size is about 6-7 inches.

btw : i believe i list all the sizes on the website.

am i missing some?

redglassgallery,

bopper

Thanks again.

Yes, some of the ioffer listings don't have the relevant stats. I wouldn't have asked, if they were there. Is there another website with information about your work?

bopper,

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
no, not at the moment.

i think i need to spend a weekend and relist everything w. all the pert stats

redglassgallery,

bopper

trying to source a frit disc supplier to make a bubb sidecar

or a mini stemline recycler

or something else - haven't really thought much about it yet

Either one sounds good. The frit percs seem to work extremely well.

BTW we like the Dewar joints on some of the pieces. A frit perc would have the same problems as the other disc percs in that application, would it not? There would have to be a hole for the downstem to vent under the disc. Isn't that right?

bopper,

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
Either one sounds good. The frit percs seem to work extremely well.

BTW we like the Dewar joints on some of the pieces. A frit perc would have the same problems as the other disc percs in that application, would it not? There would have to be a hole for the downstem to vent under the disc. Isn't that right?
yep - working on a honeycomb prototype that already has a hole in it so we can make that concept work

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
trying to source a frit disc supplier to make a bubb sidecar

or a mini stemline recycler

or something else - haven't really thought much about it yet

I just had GBD do a frit/sidecar piece. It's an awesome combo. There's pics of mine in the GBD thread.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
I've been trying to decide between the 12 arm dewar (like the form factor but don't like the perk) and the dual honeycomb tube (like the perk but not form factor) but since neither suit me 100% I've just been hovering over the trigger.

And then you mentioned this stuff:

yep - working on a honeycomb prototype that already has a hole in it so we can make that concept (dewar bubb) work

trying to source a frit disc supplier to make a frit bubb sidecar or a mini stemline recycler or something else - haven't really thought much about it yet

All of those sound awesome. I think I'll make do for a while and check back in a month or two, as it sounds like exciting things are in the works. I also like that inverted tree prototype, come to think of it, though I think it'd work better in the streams were canted inward to collide with each other and create turbulence in the heart of the foam. Or you could tilt them all clockwise or anti-clockwise and create cyclonic flow, which might look cool (but probably not work as well as the stream impingement turbulence, and probably a bit of aerosolising, you'd get tilting them inward instead).

As for fritted discs, can you use the white lab filter borosilicate fritted discs available from a number of online suppliers? They come in a bunch of sizes, and any colour you like as long as it's white, but I doubt that would bother many fans of scientific glass.

Heck, why not a frit recycler while you're playing with fritted discs? No-one's done one, and it'd lift water much better than a stemline. Prolly only need like a tiddly 1" disc, too, which are only around $10-20 I think, so it could still be a "mini" recycler, too.

photobooth

Heck, why not a frit recycler while you're playing with fritted discs? No-one's done one, and it'd lift water much better than a stemline. Prolly only need like a tiddly 1" disc, too, which are only around $10-20 I think, so it could still be a "mini" recycler, too.
This is the piece I've been waiting for! The insane diffusion of a frit and the ability to put it in a smaller size piece without worrying about splashback. I guess the closest a blower has come to that design would be contrabasso's mini recyclers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EdKN5kkU_mA#t=15s
I think there's a disk in there?

Anonymouse

Sith I care
This is the piece I've been waiting for! The insane diffusion of a frit and the ability to put it in a smaller size piece without worrying about splashback. I guess the closest a blower has come to that design would be contrabasso's mini recyclers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EdKN5kkU_mA#t=15s
I think there's a disk in there?

Oh, that's a nice design. Forms a standing circular flow in that drum at the top and you sip from the centre where flow is slowest, drawing off well-mixed vapour without interfering with the ongoing swirl. It even manages to pass some bubbles of vapour back down the return pipe all the way to reservoir, where they run through the perc again and back into the mixer swirl. This means not just water is being cycled, but the vapour itself (well, some continuously-mixed portion of it) is actually passing through the perk multiple times. Nifty.

The perk itself though looks like just a honeycomb, and a non-machined type with fewer, hand-drilled holes. It's clearly sufficient, however, but I think it'd pass back even more bubbles with a frit. Come on, Jhan, do it for SCIENCE.

Anonymouse,
Top Bottom