A Piece of Art: Just got my new Myrtlezap(lots of pictures included)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadesign

Hennessy1414 said:
^^so why knowingly inhale out of a device with known dangers? With all that stuff you listed wouldnt you want to at least avoid taking it such things? Like you said you dont want to "look into it"...you kno this has bad shit in it and you know there are other (better) vapes to be had that are much safer to use. The MZ might not directly effect you...but why add to the list of bad things in your life?

:peace:
for the very same reason i think bottled water is retarded....i drink filtered tap water. but you can feel good about it and know that people that don't obsess so much on minute selling point are going straight to hell for our choice....in the end it will still do its job

bet you own a Mac cause it is just better too...don't even get me started on that "debate"

dadesign,

reece

Hennessy1414 said:
^^so why knowingly inhale out of a device with known dangers?
Did I miss something? There are known dangers from using a 'Zap?

reece,

dadesign

because these people are suggest with use using a device that has a brass part or parts that there is ever so slight chance of inhaling lead, but the fact has been stated that there is no chance of this with the temperature used in the device. and I agree I would think you would have to melt the brass in order to release any kind of lead or other trace amount of anything in brass. it just doesn't happen.

but these people that fully support the PD and think the AZ is the devils tool...are really just fearmongering in my opinion.....still they want everyone to know how superior their farts smell and want to let every know it.....well ok that bit I made up to be funny but they seriously are just trying to get their point across to people that just don't think it is that big of a deal.

in short I think both devices do the same job. people will argue how much better thiers is....well no I have never seen anyone that has a Zap climb all over one that owns a PD for a stupid selling point...and that is all it is. I know many marketing trickery devices and this is one of them IMO

others dont agree and somehow I just got tired of hearing the constant PD prohets and I chimed in and promptly pissed at least one of...

the only thing I dont care for on either device is the seemingly endless superiority complex some seem to have.

maybe I will change my sig to read.....I own a MyrtleZap and I am proud to be sucking on brass.

I am so sick of this bubble wrapped generation. everything is so dangerous.. tint the windows, bottle the water.....the sky is falling....

every needs to smoke more and forget it

dadesign,

lwien

dadesign said:
bet you own a Mac cause it is just better too...don't even get me started on that "debate"
I've had Macs ever since the Mac Plus. Just love the operating system and the fact that I don't have to worry about viruses and spyware, at least not yet. But hey, nothing wrong with a PC. But for me, the less things I have to worry about in my life, the better.

Same thing with the PD vs Myrtlezap. The Zap "probably" is totally safe, but with the PD, I don't have to worry about the "probabilities". But like the PC is a great computer, the Zap is a great vape.

Bottom line to all this is that it's all about personal preference and priorities. That doesn't make either party right or wrong...........just different.

lwien,

dadesign

jeffp said:
All I can add to this is that I remember in the old days smoking weed out of a brass chamber pipe (chamber pipe is where you can stick in a little weed in the middle and it gets "fortified" as you go along - major innovation back in the day.). And we used to make our own bongs out of plastic golf ball containers with a brass stem. We thought we were brilliant. That's about 40 some odd years ago.
you know, now that you mention it my brother had a pipe in the 70s that was mostly brass. im still here too..

I say suck on brass for old time sake and let the fear mongers buy their feel goods...fuck em

dadesign,

dadesign

jeffp said:
All I can add to this is that I remember in the old days smoking weed out of a brass chamber pipe (chamber pipe is where you can stick in a little weed in the middle and it gets "fortified" as you go along - major innovation back in the day.). And we used to make our own bongs out of plastic golf ball containers with a brass stem. We thought we were brilliant. That's about 40 some odd years ago.
you know, now that you mention it my brother had a pipe in the 70s that was mostly brass. im still here too..

I say suck on brass for old time sake and let the fear mongers buy their feel goods...fuck em

dadesign,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
"the bubble wrapped generation" - that's pretty funny...
That said, maybe I'm allegorically challenged, but I never got the meaning of the cliche, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
If you got run over by a bus but didn't die, how would that make you stronger?

jeffp,

lwien

dadesign said:

Yeah, I had a pretty nifty brass pipe too............the ProtoPipe. Great little pipe.

But man, what's with the "fuck em" comment?

lwien,

dadesign

yes Macs have great style to them and I had a mac plus too. and if I was rich and money was not a point then I would probably buy on but I just don't feel they do any better or worse (not even with spyware and viruses) they do look alot better. and I like the fact that you can get better technical support because they know you don't have a different car or OS or whatever but really I don't want to be an individual and have what I want.

and you are certainly right, they do the same job as a PC..

the zaps and PD do the same job..no matter what materials or component s they use to do it

dadesign,

lwien

dadesign said:
yes Macs have great style to them and I had a mac plus too. and if I was rich and money was not a point then I would probably buy on but I just don't feel they do any better or worse (not even with spyware and viruses)
You are TOTALLY off base here. The amount of viruses that attack PC's are well known. WIth Mac, it is a very rare occurance, so rare, as a matter of fact, that I as well as 99.9% of the Mac users out there never run any anti-virus programs at all. I've never ran one, in over 23 years and never ever got a virus. I don't think that there is any PC owners that can make that statement.

But yeah, the PC's and the Mac both compute. But there are differences that would appeal to different people. Same with the PD and the Zap. Both vapes work. They'll both get you where you want to go. And I would say that they're both equally efficient. But for me, I not only like the fact that I don't have to be concerned about the "possability" of inhaling anything toxic, but I also like the warranty on the PD that is 12 times longer than the Zap.

But, for those that want a PD/Zap type vape right now, and for those that like the looks of the Myrtlewood, the Zap would make an excellent choice.

lwien,

dadesign

lwien said:
dadesign said:

Yeah, I had a pretty nifty brass pipe too............the ProtoPipe. Great little pipe.

But man, what's with the "fuck em" comment?
becasue of this. i got email from a person on here. I took out all the particulars. really just defensive people on such a stupid point and don't even have anything to argue with.

Mod note: Posting the content of private messages on the forum is not allowed, even with names/addresses removed.

dadesign,

dadesign

lwien said:
dadesign said:
yes Macs have great style to them and I had a mac plus too. and if I was rich and money was not a point then I would probably buy on but I just don't feel they do any better or worse (not even with spyware and viruses)
You are TOTALLY off base here. The amount of viruses that attack PC's are well known. WIth Mac, it is a very rare occurance, so rare, as a matter of fact, that I as well as 99.9% of the Mac users out there never run any anti-virus programs at all. I've never ran one, in over 23 years and never ever got a virus. I don't think that there is any PC owners that can make that statement.

But yeah, the PC's and the Mac both compute. But there are differences that would appeal to different people. Same with the PD and the Zap. Both vapes work. They'll both get you where you want to go. And I would say that they're both equally efficient. But for me, I not only like the fact that I don't have to be concerned about the "possability" of inhaling anything toxic, but I also like the warranty on the PD that is 12 times longer than the Zap.

But, for those that want a PD/Zap type vape right now, and for those that like the looks of the Myrtlewood, the Zap would make an excellent choice.
I think that might be skewed. majority of computers are pcs and the people that own them are probably budget minded (read as poorer) and since 80 percent of them are not that tech savvy, they tend to acquire more of the nasty stuff like that. I dont run a virus program either and I have got viruses but I am very careful to not get them..still happens I install a virus killer when I suspect it then get rid of it. the majority of the people are pc users and are not that well versed on to what causes them.

yes I understand the warranty too that is a good selling point and also the durability tests on the net are good too...but I seriously am not going to be playing baseball with the thing. I don't think I will have a probably. I have read that most of the problems in a product show up during normal use in the first six months. i think I will be good but three years is a great selling point. I just don't think it would be needed on either device. there is just not that much to them I think. shit happens though

dadesign,

lwien

Pseudonymous said:
What's the deal with Myrtlezap threads and drama?
I think it's just because it's a very similar design to another very well respected vape on this site and there are those that are very passionate about their purchasing decisions.

lwien,

MK

I attempted to read this post to gain some knowledge on the PD vs the Myrtlezap. All I got was drama. Same with the majority of the PD or Myrtlezap posts. Can someone please cut through all of the shit in these topics so that people actually interested in PURCHASING one of these vapes can thoroughly research and make an informed decision? I've learned lots from this forum, but it has taken waaaaay too long and I have read enough dramatic posts to fill an entire season of a soap. On this episode of All my Purple-Days...

MK,

VapoFish

MK said:
On this episode of All my Purple-Days...
As the Zap Turns

:uhoh:

When I was making my buying decision I felt the same way. But then I thought about the things that I am intensely passionate about. I hope I would handle things in a more enlightened manner - however, I am human ... so who knows?

Zap on!

:2c:

VapoFish,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
VapoFish said:
MK said:
On this episode of All my Purple-Days...
As the Zap Turns
I lol'd SO hard, you have no idea...

But go on and guess why I'm buying the PD and not the MZ.
I don't like myrtlewood. That's really it.

That's the only reason.

sneezyjesus,

usr/share/vape

It seems that all these vape threads turn into chick fights...

Mod note: All of 'em, huh? "chick fights"? I consider that to be trollish. 1st and final warning on this kind of post. We've been known to give members forced vacations from the site.

usr/share/vape,

Qbit

cannabanana
usr/share/vape said:
Fuck you, bitch!

mod note: Flaming is not allowed. You don't get a warning for this kind of post.

Qbit,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Qbit said:
usr/share/vape said:
Fuck you, bitch!
I will slap you so super hard!

mod note: I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Final warning on this type of post. Next time even adding a smiley face won't get you by.

sneezyjesus,

max

Out to lunch
MK said:
I attempted to read this post to gain some knowledge on the PD vs the Myrtlezap. All I got was drama. Same with the majority of the PD or Myrtlezap posts. Can someone please cut through all of the shit in these topics so that people actually interested in PURCHASING one of these vapes can thoroughly research and make an informed decision? I've learned lots from this forum, but it has taken waaaaay too long and I have read enough dramatic posts to fill an entire season of a soap. On this episode of All my Purple-Days...
We're sorry our forum has failed to deliver all the info you you'd like to see in a concise, 'just the facts' format. But since forum info is free, and no one gets paid to organize it, it tends to be a challenge to sift through sometimes. As for your request, about the only thing you said that wasn't out of line was saying 'please'. To use your phrase, it would take " waaaaay too long" for someone to present a satisfactory, compact comparison of the two. People who actually own both units can't even agree on the relative merits. And your claim that all you got was drama from the majority of the PD or zap posts is just bull. I've read all the posts, and more than once. I suggest you put your efforts to reading the info that's here. That's research. What you're asking is for the info to be spoon fed to you. I learned what I know about various vaporizers and the process in general by reading everything I could find on the web. And it was quite a bit more difficult than it is now. I ended up buying various vapes to get the info I wanted, in some cases.

Your own post is full of the same drama you complain about, and could easily be considered trolling. You're pretty much insulting the vape makers, the forum management, and other members. You're also obviously unaware and unappreciative of the fact that no other forum allows vape manufacturers to post extensively about their products. Deciding what to allow as far as content is a balancing act. If we're too strict we lose valuable input from people who aren't willing to put up with excessive restrictions. And although we obviously can't allow people to post whatever and however they want, sometimes it's better for the forum as a whole if things go too far before we draw a line. At that point most members can see and agree that boundaries have to be set. We have members who want strict moderation and we have members who call us the Gestapo if we exhibit the strictness that others want. You can't please everyone.

This is more of a response than I feel you deserve, but maybe it'll give some perspective to others who may share your views. I'm not interested in any feedback on this and if you'll read the rules you'll see we have one that prohibits public discussion of staff decisions. I suggest that you do the research here that others have done, and stop complaining that the forum isn't designed, organized, and policed to your satisfaction.

max,

MK

I meant no drama or insult in my post nor do I think my post should be taken that way. I admit my word choice was not the best but after a 12 hour shift and my celebratory "done with work bowls" my mind was a bit frazzled. I feel my post conveys my feelings much more without the "Can someone please cut through all of the shit in these topics so that people actually interested in PURCHASING one of these vapes can thoroughly research and make an informed decision?" part. The vapours must have taken a hold of me there.

Sorry about offending anyone.

I ordered my MZ last night - Rick gave me a great deal for a primo MZ. I also opted to not have the LED - would prefer the simplicity of it without it. I will posts some pics when it comes. I can't wait!

mod note: Posts merged. Please use the edit button.

MK,

MK

I ordered my MZ last night - Rick gave me a great deal for a primo MZ. I also opted to not have the LED - would prefer the simplicity of it without it. I will posts some pics when it comes. I can't wait!

Edited to correct spelling.

MK,

max

Out to lunch
I meant no drama or insult in my post nor do I think my post should be taken that way.
Obviously I disagree with your opinion, and it's a good example of why these problems occur on a forum. The written word is not the best for back and forth communication. You complained about drama and posted some of your own, which just tends to provoke posts like the one you got from me. End of off topic discussion.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom