• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued A Hot Pod

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I watch what I can on youtube and other websites that don't censor my country (Forrest Griffin is my all time fav!), but as far as I know it isn't broadcasted over here so I miss a lot too :(

As for that other one, I guess you had to be there :shrug:

Thanks for the clarification though :tup:

OhTheAgony,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Haha, it was basically just a really big sports star doing an incredibly corny ad...
(BTW, I only just noticed what that padlock in your avatar is doing with that paper clip a couple of days ago :lmao:)

hazy, do you have a recommended "max voltage" for the pod?
I'm getting good performance at 13.5v, I'm thinking I might be able to get a bit more out of it by nudging it up to 13.8-14v, but I'm a bit hesitant to take any log over 13.5v.

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Fred, just go for it. Let's see what happens :brow: I don't have a recommended max voltage. I'm not worried about the pod itself, but the heating element might get a work out.

Adobewan

Guys, I just had to jump on here and mention Hazy continues to remain in touch with me, seeing that my unit is all it should be. A new GonG arrived in the post from Hazy yesterday that looked like it was shipped beneath a squad of Irish Step Dancers, glass dust, a mashed screen and the remains of some valiant bubble wrap. I let Hazy know before heading out that morning.
When I got home last night, there was an email from Hazy that my replacement GonG was already posted and heading to me.
My upgraded signature shows the Pod has moved up to the front of my line up, not because of Hazy's exceptional, personal, professional service and demeanor, but because this lightweight, beautiful little piece(which has gotten compliments on appearance alone, as well as performance) is the one I grab most often.
Thanks again Hazy!
Hurry up with that second batch, the barbarians will be at the gate!

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Dude, it's hear already! :party:

Heating up @ 12,2V as I type.

It looks awesome and everything seems to have arrived in great working order :tup:

My sensitive nose does find the hemp oil a bit overpowering right now, but I'm sure that will go away soon. I just took it out of the packaging a few minutes ago after all.

It is exactly 1mm taller than my HI and about 5mm's thicker at it's widest point.

I'll be back with more soon :brow:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Dude, it's hear already! :party:

Heating up @ 12,2V as I type.

It looks awesome and everything seems to have arrived in great working order :tup:

My sensitive nose does find the hemp oil a bit overpowering right now, but I'm sure that will go away soon. I just took it out of the packaging a few minutes ago after all.

It is exactly 1mm taller than my HI and about 5mm's thicker at it's widest point.

I'll be back with more soon :brow:

I am super jealous bro!

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Seeing how fast it got here and how much faster things from Oz usually arrive in the US I'm sure yours will be there soon too, Ed :tup:

Alright, some more initial impressions and findings now I'm making my way to the final hits of my first HP bowl. I'm writing this up as I go along so this may become a slightly chaotic post, but that's just the state I'm in atm I guess.

Let me start by saying that I think my UD and HI have some competition here :evil:

The hemp seed smell is almost gone now unless I put my nose up to the warm unit, and isn't noticeable in the taste of the vapor at all. I'll only use this through water btw, so I'll leave the comments on direct draw to someone else.

My unit doesn't seem to be a particular hot one at 22 ohms (I forgot to measure it when it was cold, so that's a 'hot' reading if you want to compare it to yours).

I'm using the GonG stem with the amount of herbs I can suck in to a unpacked CRZ stem and have it unpacked in the HP stem as well, about 0,07 gram I guesstimate (my scale isn't precise enough to weigh it unfortunately).

Before I started hitting it I did some dry hits to check the airflow and when doing so I came to a 13V setting when comparing the hotness of the inhaled air to that of my HI and UD at their preferred sweet spots. In comparison, I use my 22 ohm HI at 11,3V and my 19 ohm UD at 11,6V and the HP is now producing vapor that is slightly less harsher then my HI and just a tad harsher than my super smooth UD.

I got about 6 not too long but dense bubbler hits that way, went up half a volt, and got another two good but slightly less denser hits after that. My ABV is like a chocolate milk color now, so not as dark as I'd like it just yet. Vapor harshness/hotness is getting closer to the HI now, but still not quit there yet.

Dumping the load and starting a new slightly larger bowl @ 13,8V, which is probably the highest voltage I'd feel comfortable with leaving these Ohmites at for a couple of hours or so.

Are the heating elements in these easily replaceable by the user, Hazy? Because that would definitely effect my comfortableness with leaving it at a higher voltage in a positive manor :)

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Alright, I found 13,8V a little too harsh on the first hit so I took it down to 13,6V which still feels comfortable enough to my sensitive self.

I didn't get more hits out of the second bowl at higher voltage, even though I used 0,02ish more flowers this time, but the clouds were definitely denser :brow:

I did play a bit with screen height too on the last few hits of the bowl. It's actually pretty easy to manipulate and the screen stays level while doing so too, which isn't the case with all of the stems that I've used so far. I do hope it will become a little sturdier as soon as the stem oils up a bit, as I can see how some enthusiastic stirring can easily move it right now.

My ABV is almost as dark as I want it to be now (dark chocolate to coffee brown), but I did have to resort to a very slow draw, some slight packing and the highest possible screen position to get there.

I guess bowl 3 at 13,7V is up. I may need a little break first though :rolleyes:

edit:

Oh what the heck, did a nr. 3 bowl with my HS stem and have reached the conclusion that 13,7V is my HP voltage, or at least for now.

I've never figured out my preferred screen height, load size, AND voltage in just 3 bowls before I believe :rolleyes:

I guess it gets my thumbs-up on ease of use too.

I'm liking it Hazy, I think you did it man :tup:

I really like how it seals with it's glass stems, it just gives you that slight edge on performance over the log vape stems that require you to make a seal between the heater port and herb, without adding on a silicon taste. I can easily get similar dense clouds or better with The Pod as with my HI paired with a CRZ stem. I may get one or two hits less per load when staying on a fixed voltage though, I kinda lost count on that last stem.. :D

Uhm, I think I had more but I'm drawing a blank all of a sudden. I'll be back :whoa:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think it's too good to be simply called 'Pod' tbh., I think it deserves at least a 'The' with a capital 'T' in front of it :p

Do we already have a HP?

How do you shape the screens btw, Hazy? Or should I just read back a little..?

I think it would be a good idea to include some sort of screen-shaping-tool for each different stem size with the final package. Some simple dowels of corresponding diameter to bend the screens over would probably work well enough.

dorkus_molorkus

I just woke up to find my email waiting.

'ITS POD TIME' was all the paypal invoice said. :rockon:

couldnt hit 'pay now' fast enough.

Well itll get a whoopin at my house. My UD is on 24/7, and vape about 2oz of dank a week thru it.

& I got my grasscity new glass order in transit too. I can see some knarly vids coming soon..............

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh man, I'm high as kite over here, lol

I took the HS stem out of the silicon sleeve and stuck in a 18 to 14 reducer adapter with some thinner heat resistant silicon to give it the nicer GonG interaction with Blub (my blue bub), got the screen set at 5,5mm from the top and filled to the brim with my finest herbs, slightly packed (I basically just press the air out of it to pack it) for super dense vapor boning still @ 13,7. I think I just got a new heavy hitter vape :brow:

Seriously, I think you should be able to out-cloud your LSV with it that way Fred. I'll see if I can shoot a milk vid tomorrow, I still have to get a new card reader to get it on my computer though :bang:

I prefer a finner screen than this though, I keep getting particles in my mouth when sucking the herbs in to the stem, so next up is screen shaping I guess.

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh man, that was a good story, why did you edit that post?

(sorry, just happened to catch it :lol: )

Screen fixed btw, I was over-thinking it (just force it in there, lol).

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: placetime
Top Bottom