Here's the first fully-functional prototype of a new kind of log vape, which I've named the "Hot Pod". Instead of wood, it is made from the empty seed pod of the Banksia tree. This is a fully sustainable resource gathered from forests in Western Australia. I have tried to make the design as simple as possible to keep production costs down, and to make it easy and pleasant to use and maintain. I'd guess that performance would be similar to other vapes in this class, as it uses the same heating element. It produces vapour in about 5 minutes. I'd like to thank Underdog Dave for introducing me to the wonders of silicone, and Alan, whose HI provided the inspiration for this project. The HotPod is 100mm tall and 50mm across at its widest point. The pod has a Kunos oil finish. Kunos is based on linseed oil and is food safe. I may vary the dimensions slightly in future, but things shouldn't change much from what you see here. The heating element sits up into a borosilicate tube, which in turn is suspended from the top of the pod with a silicone sleeve. The stem is a simple piece of 10mm borosilicate tubing. It is 80mm long and has a small mesh bowl inserted at one end. The mesh is easy to remove but doesn't seem to shift while in use. I've tried shaping the mesh in various ways, but the convex bowl shape seems to be slightly better at achieving thorough vaporization. By keeping the design of the stem and bowl simple, it should be possible for users to easily make their own replacement parts if necessary. The glass stem sits snugly inside the silicone. It doesn't take much pressure to create a good seal. As well as being airtight, the stem will not fall out accidentally, even when upside down. When toking on the stem, air enters through the little "mouths" in the side of the pod and is drawn up through the borosilicate heating tube and into the stem. A disc of Banksia pod wood (cut from the same pod) is glued into the base using PVA. Although PVA is non-toxic, care is taken to ensure that there is no glue in the air path. Similar to the HI, I've used a thread-in socket design which requires the use of a right-angled plug. Only RoHS parts and lead free solder are used. A full range of cables for use with various power supplies will be made available. The first batch of units will be made available to beta testers at cost price. I'm looking for forum regulars who are experienced with log vapes and are willing to discuss their experiences in this thread. Beta testers will need a variable power supply to use with the HotPod, as I will not be supplying power supplies with the test units. Please PM me if you are interested.