• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued A Hot Pod

natural farmer

The part on the vape where the cable plugs into.

On the left is a plastic port that went very loose on me.
Middle is a custom metal port that holds like glue after many many months.
Right is the rockzap metal port
aQKR4ml.jpg

Does your Pod have a plastic port??? I thought they all had metal sockets... It's a "socket" too right?

lazylathe

Almost there...
@hazy About the power cord with the 90 degree plug on the end.
What I have been contemplating with my resistor based vape is using a short length of cable that has a female port on the end and just wires on the other.
I would solder the wires into a loop and attach to screws located in the base, similar design to the HI that has the resistor held in place with screws.

This way there is no plug close to the heat source and you only have to plug the power cord into the female port is on the end of the short/long extension that exits the base of the vape.

It helped remove the female metal jack from the base and now the power adapters male jack does not get warm at all.

Just an idea I tried out and worked really well.

SD_haze

Does your Pod have a plastic port??? I thought they all had metal sockets... It's a "socket" too right?
Whoops! Didn't realize that when I made my post because I keep the Hot Pod at a friend's place.
I actually haven't tested my other cables on the pod because they're not right-angled, but I should test to see if the looseness is purely the socket/port or just the cable.

SD_haze

beta update!

Getting close to a 1yr old Hot Pod.
Unfortunately, the power plug has gotten looser, and looser. Now it'll barely stay in.
Looks like it'll need some CPR pretty soon.

PS: I had this exact same issue with the plastic ports in the underdog log vape. Meanwhile my Rockzap, which is much older, has a perfect power plug connection.

The difference? Rockzap used a metal port!
However, from what I understand the metal ports take up much more size in the interior. Could see why that wouldn't be doable with the Hot Pod design.
Yuppp I was totally off with this line of reasoning.

The metal socket in the Hot Pod is indeed fine. It is not loose.
Only the cheap $2 cable adapter is loose.
:rockon:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So after getting centizen's vvps I started using the POD again last night and today. All I can say is it's a real shame these aren't coming to market any time soon. I'm playing around with different tubes and silicones to get the right seal. But so far it is surprisingly efficient. The effect is sublime and the taste is good and strong for longer than my other vapes.

Adobewan

Can anyone recommend a 90° plug for the Hot Pod? My beauty has not seen any use for month because I haven't been able to track one down.
Thanks in advance!

Adobewan,

natural farmer

I don't have my Pod any more (damn money!) but Hazy had a package of heating elements and the same adapter as above held back for me so now that I won't be needing them, maybe he can send that adapter to you. I think he had more. Give him a PM, just to make sure, maybe he sorts it out for you.

natural farmer,
Reactions: Adobewan

SD_haze

Time to wake up Hot Pod crew!

I'm trying to find a replacement for the cord Hazy included.
It's the cord with the socket where you plug in a wall-wart power supply to make it a right-angle connection.

Anyone know what I should search for on ebay?

PS: We are almost at 1.5 yr Hot Pod, running daily at high-ish voltage.
Hot Pod Status = Still chugging along!!

4tokin

Congrats! Do you also have a VVPS? It could prove handy!

Pods are so tasty… :luv: I miss mine…

Not yet, I am running a cheap tattoo power supply.

I want to get a bit of moisture back into the banksia. It smells faintly of linseed oil, does anyone know what hazy used on the logs.

4tokin,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Apologies for the long absence from this thread... my life has been turned upside down... I'll spare you the ugly details. HOWEVER, there is a strong possibility that I will have access to some workshop space where I can start making Hot Pods on an ongoing basis.

I'm still using the same new improved beta unit and it is working well. About a year ago, I let an inexperienced bong user try the pod with my Ehle. She blew into it :doh: Water went everywhere and inside the pod. The result was a lot of hissing and steam but the pod wasn't bothered... we just packed another load and carried on :lol:

So what do you guys think? Is it time to unleash the pod? :brow:

4tokin, I hope you're enjoying yours. The wood finish I use is Australian-grown organic hemp seed oil ;)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Your vaporizer is a work of art and quite unique looking, I think we all love craftsmanship and many FC users would rather buy a hand-made boutique product instead of any Chinese mass produced vape.

I was a bit worried that your Hot Pod would be discontinued for ever but if you can afford to restart production, then please do it!

PS: that's two sentences to say the same thing @Quetzalcoatl said lol

stickstones

Vapor concierge
there is a strong possibility that I will have access to some workshop space where I can start making Hot Pods on an ongoing basis.

YAY!! There are a few things on the beta I would love to see improved, but I've already spoken to you about them. I would love to see this thing brought back. I've been through three PD's, a HI, a Twig and the Pod. The Pod is the only one I never lend out or consider getting rid of. It's just that unique a vape that I couldn't see it go...especially when I thought you wouldn't be doing any more.

SD_haze

Apologies for the long absence from this thread... my life has been turned upside down... I'll spare you the ugly details. HOWEVER, there is a strong possibility that I will have access to some workshop space where I can start making Hot Pods on an ongoing basis.

I'm still using the same new improved beta unit and it is working well. About a year ago, I let an inexperienced bong user try the pod with my Ehle. She blew into it :doh: Water went everywhere and inside the pod. The result was a lot of hissing and steam but the pod wasn't bothered... we just packed another load and carried on :lol:

4tokin, I hope you're enjoying yours. The wood finish I use is Australian-grown organic hemp seed oil ;)
I'm still using the original beta unit...thing is over 2yrs old!
How does it work? Better than when it was new. I get fat clouds of vapor in 10-15 mins.
Still used almost daily by my roommate.

Last month we thought it finally died - then I switched out the power supply and it was good-as-new :rockon:

RELEASE THE POD :clap:

Mate I've been fascinated by your design ever since I first saw it. As a fellow Australian I love the idea of owning an Australian made log vape. If you can do it then I vote go for it!

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Thank you all for the positive comments! It's great to see some familiar names again!

It's just that unique a vape that I couldn't see it go...especially when I thought you wouldn't be doing any more.
I hope that producing more of them doesn't diminish their appeal :p

I prefer portables myself nowadays
I must admit I'm becoming intrigued with the pen type vapes that are starting to come out.

Here's what my test unit looks like after a year and a half of use:

v3_jan15.jpg

It's never been cleaned :D I'm a fairly light user so I've probably only put a few ounces through it. However I do tend to leave it switched on for weeks at a time whenever I've got a stash hanging around. The silicone is still flexible and has a satisfying feel when I snap a stem into it. I haven't compared it to a pristine one yet. Will be interesting to see if there's a difference.

Top Bottom