1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

A Hot Pod

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by hazy, Jun 8, 2012.

1. natural farmer

natural farmer god is in the neurons...

How does one become assimilated???

I missed the changing of the year cause I was floored by the Pod and some mysterious local skunk variety! I was pretty much assimilated I guess! :lol: :ko:
    Happy New Year everyone, even if time is really a human abstract thing! Keep it open minded and simple! :)
  2. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

all i meant but was trying to be funny was..... how can i get myself a POD??
    Buildozer and natural farmer like this.
  3. natural farmer

I know mate... I was also joking. ;) :cheers:
  4. Buildozer

Buildozer Well-Known Member

same here, i'm ready to buy one hah:D . before something else comes along hopefully ha.. ;)
  5. hazy

hazy dreamer Manufacturer

I'm setting up a website so you will be able to order online.
  6. natural farmer

I thought I should start the new year in an adventurous fashion and clicked my PS to the 15V setting. It goes through 9, 12, 13.5, 15, 18, 20 and 24 Volts. I measured the 12V setting at exactly 12V, the 13.5V at 13.75 and the 15V setting at 15.28V.
    It was a revelation and I immediately brought in my mind the vids of Frederick, BigDaddyVapor, Stu and the other guys with HI's or UD's! So that's how it's done...!!! :science: Thick vapor production in a blink of an eye and if careful enough with your timing, it's quite easy to avoid combustion, even scorching of the load. ABV can come out exactly as anyone may like it. Very easy control of the temps for me. No need for moving the Pod up and down either. I am finding I get better medicated like this, faster and with smaller loads. I am hoping it's not the bud I picked for this morning's shredding and proves to be more potent than the last buds... I will repeat experiments with other buds too for sure! :D
    I keep my Pod pleasantly warm at 9V and turn it up to 12V for direct hits (seldom) and 15,28V for the Saxo hits. Very smooth sessions and piece of cake loading and maintenance of the stems. :tup:
    Where is my damn VVPS now??? :mad: How far is China damn it??? Should have ordered earlier. Australia proved to be a little closer... :lol:
    hazy and Ed's TnT like this.
  7. Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT Woodsman Manufacturer

I have yet to take my pod to such a high V but think am gonna do so with your findings Farmer!
    natural farmer likes this.
  8. mmenzie

what is the projected price point for the pod? will it come complete, ready to medicate right out of the box, or will i need to purchase other items (i.e. power supply, stems, etc.)??
  9. natural farmer

I wonder how high can we go without damaging the resistor? Not that I would go any higher... I am guessing my sweet spot will end up being somewhere between 14 and 15V but we'll see.
    And another question for anyone who knows... What is the temp reached by the resistor itself and what kind of temps does the glass tube reach when the voltage is at.. let's say... 13V? Infrared thermometer anyone?

Oh, and Ed? Are you planning on doing this with glass or just your iron throat? :ko:
  10. Ed's TnT

Been using the gong stem and my zapbubbler, works great for me. This has been the only way I vape lately.
    hazy likes this.
  11. natural farmer

Does the Zap bubbler make a big difference in smoothness mate? My bro is interested in one and I think it could also be me...
    Ed's TnT likes this.
  12. Ed's TnT

Oh yes it increases the smoothness and cools the vapor very nicely. Thing is its one of a few and may not ever be available in the future. I was lucky enough to get one!
  13. hazy

hazy dreamer Manufacturer

I will be offering a kit including stem and fixed voltage power supply. I won't be offering variable power supplies at this stage.
  14. natural farmer

Damn, should have gotten one when I could! Anyway, there should be something as nice or better from PV soon... F-bomb??? Where r u???
    placetime likes this.
  15. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

Hazy, do you have a price tag yet on the kit or are you still ironing out the kinks before doing that?
  16. Buildozer

would it be easy enough to do it myself if i wanted to... buy a new power supply and/or add a dial or something? i change between lower and higher temps often enough
  17. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

I feel most log vapes, hotpod included, work easier when inverted onto your basic water pipe.
    Cheaper & easier to find and it just feels more functional.

EHLE for example =)
    [​IMG]
    OhTheAgony, natural farmer and hazy like this.
  18. NewVape

NewVape Got Glass?

So, here is the ABV from different Voltages. This was by no means scientific, but I tried to control for as much as I could. Each stem was hit a total of 4 times, and was stirred in between hits. Since I vape primarily with a water tool, I used the same water tool for each batch. Sorry that the lighting is not consistent in the pictures, but I think you get the idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

I set up an outdoor vape station last night for the new year and stocked it with the POD and the glass stem...was fucking great! Big hits all night long on 13.4
    natural farmer and hazy like this.
  20. Buildozer

Never mind... i just found out about the variable voltage power supply :D
  21. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

For any Pod People who dont peruse the Customized Vapes Thread...

[Full HD video coming sooon]
    OhTheAgony, NewVape, hazy and 5 others like this.
  22. Ed's TnT

Thats an awesome video Haze, very well done!
    hazy likes this.
  23. mmenzie

i wish i had one of these!!!
  24. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

I seem to have landed on 13.4 here for my last two sessions.
    hazy likes this.
  25. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

Alrighty.

Here is the non-magisto'd FULL version of my Hot Pod video. It has the same song, but it actually reaches the crescendo and the first one cut it out early.

This video you can actually see the vapor forming (into a twirling tornado) and the load size.

Max FPS HD 720p in all its glory =D

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors