Zeal, Ω, and Epitome

Joshtownsend

he just emailed and he pointed out it does say 5 buissness days on the front page. Reasoning being, to give them time to process the orders that were made a week before....lol ... that's fine, kinda funny, stoner reasoning. just being impatient

Joshtownsend,

Oden

does the cannabis hardware matrix bowl work with epitome? what about the screwball bowl? shovel head?

The seal between the Matrix bowl and the Epitome is perfect.
For the screwball bowl I heard that there is a risk that the head will stick... it's risky to associate them in my humble opinion.
And to finish the shovel head, I would tell you that I have the impression that this bowl was designed for the Epitome lol.
The two CH bowls are perfect with this Epitome which is great by the way.
The extraction is even better than with Omega.
I would say that it is a more pronounced and homogeneous extraction.
It hits harder too, for people who want to get even more stoned 😂

Oden,

Likun

Is there an option to buy spare parts like the ss washer for the omega? Or any alternatives I could get locally? Like those clamps used for the b0 for example?
Couldn't find anything on the CC shop strangely.

And what kind of thread does the omega use for the handle? Anyone know the numbers?

Likun,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Is there an option to buy spare parts like the ss washer for the omega? Or any alternatives I could get locally? Like those clamps used for the b0 for example?
Are you just looking to convert your Omega to wired? I think you could just bring the Omega housing to a hardware store and see what fits. I don't think the circlip would work, but you could always experiment.

I'm sure if you emailed you could get more specific info from iDB.

Although I think it's worth it to just move to cordless.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Likun

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
i just realized there is a crossing matrix bowl also. Does that work with the epitome?
I don't have one, but I thought that bowl was designed for the Ruby Twist. I believe that vape is an 18mm injector, not a 22mm diffuser like the Epitome.

But it might still work. You could probably get the OD of that bowl from Vgoodiez or Recommended Vape supplies if you email them.

Likun

So my omega arrived today and I'm trying to set it up.
It came "only" with the apparently old new vape legay pid (model VAPECODE DB01M) + coil.
I managed to change the temperature settings from F to C fortunately.
As it's my first ball vape I do have a few question if you don't mind answering some beginner...

1. Can I keep the PID + Coil turned on let's say for 1-2 hours? Or should I turn it off after use?
  2. If I can keep it on, can I let the Omega rest inside the coil?
  3. I'm usually a microdoser (.05-.07 g). My omega came with the CC glass screen diffuser bowl. Is that capable of microdosing? I also have the 18 mm injector adapter. Are there any micro dosing bowl reommendations? I'd rather not buy from CC directly as their shipping costs to europe are horrendous.
  4. What is the recommended temperature setting range and how long should I preheat the Omega for wireless use?
  5. If I'd be looking for upgrades - what PID + Coil would you recommend me?
That's a lot of questions :D. Thanks so much in advance for taking the time to answer these!

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I got an Omega two weeks ago (my first ball vape) and I had the same questions so I should be able to answer a few of them:

Can I keep the PID + Coil turned on let's say for 1-2 hours? Or should I turn it off after use?

You can leave it on all day, no need to turn it off.

If I can keep it on, can I let the Omega rest inside the coil?

Yes. It’s basically your ultimate on demand vape. Just leave it in the coil and use it whenever you’re up to.

Are there any micro dosing bowl reommendations?

I don’t have one yet but plan to get one of these beauties:

I think @coolbreeze has one and recommended it here somewhere.

What is the recommended temperature setting range and how long should I preheat the Omega for wireless use?

Start at 500f/260C and work your way up. I’m at 560f/290C with the 22mm diffuser module.

coolbreeze

So my omega arrived today and I'm trying to set it up.
It came "only" with the apparently old new vape legay pid (model VAPECODE DB01M) + coil.
I managed to change the temperature settings from F to C fortunately.
As it's my first ball vape I do have a few question if you don't mind answering some beginner...

1. Can I keep the PID + Coil turned on let's say for 1-2 hours? Or should I turn it off after use?
  2. If I can keep it on, can I let the Omega rest inside the coil?
  3. I'm usually a microdoser (.05-.07 g). My omega came with the CC glass screen diffuser bowl. Is that capable of microdosing? I also have the 18 mm injector adapter. Are there any micro dosing bowl reommendations? I'd rather not buy from CC directly as their shipping costs to europe are horrendous.
  4. What is the recommended temperature setting range and how long should I preheat the Omega for wireless use?
  5. If I'd be looking for upgrades - what PID + Coil would you recommend me?
That's a lot of questions :D. Thanks so much in advance for taking the time to answer these!
1. It can run all day if you like.
2. Yes, leave it in the coil
3. You can use a 14mm adapter with a screen in the grind for the 14mm injector, otherwise the JoDa Couch Log bowl is fantastic. The glass diffuser bowl also does small loads really well, but it must be a screen-covering.
4. I run my diffuser lowish, like 450F and the injectors higher, maybe 480-520F.
5. Depending on your setup, one of the gooseneck Cobra coils can be useful.

I know you'll enjoy it, so have fun!

I don’t have one yet but plan to get one of these beauties:

I think @coolbreeze has one and recommended it here somewhere.
Good call!

Edit: there are a million options for heating stands, some sort of artisan, some from camera parts, some very cleverly devised at home. If you're the creative type with the necessary gear the world's your oyster, otherwise it's easy to find a cheap and simple solution.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Oh, that’s interesting! I didn’t even think about trying it that low. Is that through water or dry?
Usually through a small rig with water but I don't think it's necessary. I've used a cooling J-hook for low-temp hits with great success but I think even at normal temps it would be good. The Xeric is a great example of one that would work well, but a dimpled one with right-angle bends would also be great for it.

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Usually through a small rig with water but I don't think it's necessary. I've used a cooling J-hook for low-temp hits with great success but I think even at normal temps it would be good. The Xeric is a great example of one that would work well, but a dimpled one with right-angle bends would also be great for it.

Thanks! One more reason to get the Xeric…

coolbreeze

I have long hesitated to take the Xeric v2, if you have the Prothet you can compare them to us what would be good
I think unless you really prefer handheld the Prophet can't be beat. The Xeric 2 is a little more open with no right angles so I feel like the V1 cools better and while the V1 sort of could stand, the V2 does, but I feel it could be more stable. The Prophet avoids these issues and just cools at a superior level without losing much flavor and no instability. I do love the V2 calabash shape, though, and the colors work really nicely.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think unless you really prefer handheld the Prophet can't be beat. The Xeric 2 is a little more open with no right angles so I feel like the V1 cools better and while the V1 sort of could stand, the V2 does, but I feel it could be more stable. The Prophet avoids these issues and just cools at a superior level without losing much flavor and no instability. I do love the V2 calabash shape, though, and the colors work really nicely.
Totally agree compared to the prophet, but my 2.0 xeric cools better than my 1.0. that surprised me because of the sharp right angles in the 1.0, but I wonder if the thicker glass under the joint isn't helping a lot.

Both are great but I like the 2.0 a little better. But the prophet is in a class by itself.

coolbreeze

@Grass Yes, @coolbreeze Thank you for your reviews because the feedback is rare on the Xeric 2,I understand that your feedback is different, there are so many parameters that come into play.
I probably overstate the differences in cooling between the Xerics, so don't let that dissuade you. I also just have soft spot for my dichro V1. ; )

In any case, you sure can't fault this one's funky aesthetic:
IMG-0118crop.jpg

Top Bottom