ZAM Grinder

nIcE

I am not sure where I was not nice. Maybe I was patient since Nov. 2019. and asked several times what is going on. We could even say May 2020 as this was when it became unusable.
Customer support is part of everything you buy and if this sucks, others should know. You as a company rep knows a thing or two about that, or am I mistaken? This kind of issues make or break a company/product no matter how great it is. We have plenty of examples in the vape space. Also the maker went silent in our private conversation and only got active again after sharing my experience. I could have been refunded or such, but that was not even offered. Make out of this what you want. I am done with this and probably not going to shop products from ZAM anytime soon.

nIcE,

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Yes that is me and I am just astonished that you manage to write more than the last year combined, so this just underlines my experience. In fact you do not follow up on your promises and I am tired of running after that. Keep my money, keep the product, take my review. I am done with this and hope you can step up your game so your future customers do not have this experience and I will be literally the only one with this issue. One thing that is quite questionable to me is, you can come up with new products and such, but can not do customer service. I figured it is just reasonable to let others know about that.

@MonkeyTime, the teeth started bending after a month of light use and then broke off, all the outer ones of in the top part are gone and the others scrape against the remaining teeth in the lower part of the grinding section.

All this because your package got stuck at USPS. It's not like I didn't make good and send you a new grinder as I said I would.

I don't think forgetting to call USPS warrants such a negative review. But you've said your piece, I've said mine.

nIcE

Today I woke up to a paragraph on Instagram. It contained complains about me causing damage to the brand and to a small business. No sorry or offer to follow up on the issue, just a long complaint of me overreacting and been unreasonable and angry.

Let's say after 4 months (taking the point in time of the new batch, just to be reasonable) it is not okay to ask what is up? After 2 weeks of silence it is anticipated from your customer to check in if a follow up was made? (I did this several times, so I think I was quite patient and reasonable)
Do not get me wrong I liked the grinder and it seems like the issues I faced have been fixed now. Making me aware I buy a test batch would have been nice, but I also could have done more research before buying (that one is on me, for sure).
Still the issue with sub par customer support remains and it does not matter how big your company is. This will ruin every company and it is not your customer doing so, this is how you interact with them and provide them value.

nIcE,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well unfortunately these type of poor customer experience situations exist here in practically every product thread, fortunate that they seem to be very few and far between at least for Zam! I'm still happy to support them myself, and share this latest update I saw on Instagram now:

Screenshot-20210605-154759.png

This really does look like the ultimate dynastash with every possible feature, not something I need at all myself with my seldom used OG glass vapcap, but I think it will find a lot of happy customers! :brow:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Well unfortunately these type of poor customer experience situations exist here in practically every product thread, fortunate that they seem to be very few and far between at least for Zam! I'm still happy to support them myself, and share this latest update I saw on Instagram now:

Screenshot-20210605-154759.png

This really does look like the ultimate dynastash with every possible feature, not something I need at all myself with my seldom used OG glass vapcap, but I think it will find a lot of happy customers! :brow:
yea the Dyna fans on reddit will prolly go crazy. Its unfortunate that I'm not interested in the Dyna cuz that does look nice

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Time to spill the beans!

Features Include:

1️⃣ Backboard de-capper magnet allows you to securely rest and cool the Dynavap as you move about.

2️⃣ Free your captive cap! On the face of the backboard is a protruding edge that catches and pulls the Dynavap cap off.

3️⃣ Spring loaded sections that fit the 92mm Dynavap and the ZAM Mini grinder. Air-tight glass jar available as substitute for grinder.

4️⃣ Additional container below swivels out and holds PTFE(Teflon) linings for easy loading/de-bowling.

5️⃣ Optional Aomoi torch caddy magnetically attracts to backboard de-capper magnet for secure and effortless carrying.

6️⃣ Optional stainless steel handled shovel magnetically attaches to the underside of stash case.

7️⃣ Tranditional de-capper/cooling magnet on the front.

8️⃣ EVA closed cell foam + N52 neodymium magnets makes the stash air-tight, water-tight throughout.

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Looks great @ZAM
Do you have a price yet?
What material is it?
(apologies if you have already posted and I missed/forgot)
Thank you! Price is still being decided, but right now I'm thinking $35-$40 for a normal 3D printed version, and then $50-$60 for the 3D printed wood (requires sanding and multiple applications of wood stain + a polyurethane coat).

And then something like $5 for the steel shovel, $5 for the magnetic Aomoi caddy, $5-10 for the air-tight glass jar, and then $3 PTFE linings.

+ $5 extra per add-on if you want to be 3D printed wood.

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Anyone that is on the fence about the Zam grinder, please contact me and I can get a black version in your hands for the cost of shipping. I was sent 2 and I only paid for one. @ZAM I owe you for the 2nd piece.
Hey Mephisto,

Thanks for letting me know. I can't expect you to pay for a product you didn't mean to purchase. It's yours to do with what you will!

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
These stashes take a decent amount of time to make/put together, so I'm offering pre-orders to get an idea of demand and to give those who really want one an opportunity to purchase.

Orders will start shipping the first week of July and will go out in weekly batches.

Use discount code: ZAMstash for 20% off the entire website. This discount will end July 1st.

An official email/marketing blast will go out in the next day or so.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the design!

Thanks,

- Zach

Texus

These stashes take a decent amount of time to make/put together, so I'm offering pre-orders to get an idea of demand and to give those who really want one an opportunity to purchase.

Orders will start shipping the first week of July and will go out in weekly batches.

Use discount code: ZAMstash for 20% off the entire website. This discount will end July 1st.

An official email/marketing blast will go out in the next day or so.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the design!

Thanks,

- Zach
very cool. It looks like it is sized for the M? or would Omni or MVS from Simrell fit?

Texus,
Reactions: ZAM
I very much enjoy my Zam grinder, but I have a minor issue and was hoping someone might have a quick fix.

The magnetic ring that holds the two portions together has managed to come free from the bottom and is now magnetically attached to the top portion. Any tips on how to remove it and reattach it where it belongs?

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
I very much enjoy my Zam grinder, but I have a minor issue and was hoping someone might have a quick fix.

The magnetic ring that holds the two portions together has managed to come free from the bottom and is now magnetically attached to the top portion. Any tips on how to remove it and reattach it where it belongs?
It can be almost impossible to get the ring back out without another magnet. Please send me a picture at zamgrinders@zamgrinders.com, or through a direct message here, and I'll be happy to send a replacement. I must have glued your magnet on poorly, I apologize!

Also the replacement can then be used to get the original stuck magnet out, giving you two grinders if you feel like regluing that magnet back on.

- Zach

Lazytechnician

Mine is in the same state I'm afraid.

I messaged you via Instagram and you suggested a fix, however I am also unable to remove the ring from inside the grinder

I have actually been using it ok still, but only in the house, I wouldn't be keen to rely on it while camping or at a festival while it is like this

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Mine is in the same state I'm afraid.

I messaged you via Instagram and you suggested a fix, however I am also unable to remove the ring from inside the grinder

I have actually been using it ok still, but only in the house, I wouldn't be keen to rely on it while camping or at a festival while it is like this
Well that's no good! I'll be happy to send a replacement. Would you mind sending me an email so I can keep things organized?

MonkeyTime

Finally pulled the paypal button up and bought one. Looking forward to trying it!
Here's to hoping you enjoy yours as much as I do mine! :cheers:

I'm not grinding a lot at the moment, once or twice a week, small amounts, most of what I get is shake. But.... I put my BCG away when I got this to see what it was about, and I haven't brought it out since.

It's unfortunately been mostly house bound to date, but I'm thinking an order of extra parts to play with and it'll force me to take it out! Setting it up for that moments needs is so damn fun! I just need to put some thought into color coding parts for ease of finding them.

Top Bottom