ZAM Grinder

Buzzkill361

Good Vibes Tribe
I returned mine shortly after purchase around Christmas timeframe, unused and spent $14 out of pocket to mail it back. It's been months, multiple emails asking for an update on a refund, no response. Customer service is poor at best.
File for a chargeback before it’s too late. I was in a similar situation and I had to contact a few different emails to get ahold of someone which was very weird. zamgrinders@gmail.com is the email I was able to actually get in contact with someone if you aren’t emailing that one already. Luckily I didn’t have to go the chargeback route. Hope that helps.

Adobewan

I returned mine shortly after purchase around Christmas timeframe, unused and spent $14 out of pocket to mail it back. It's been months, multiple emails asking for an update on a refund, no response. Customer service is poor at best.

File for a chargeback before it’s too late. I was in a similar situation and I had to contact a few different emails to get ahold of someone which was very weird. zamgrinders@gmail.com is the email I was able to actually get in contact with someone if you aren’t emailing that one already. Luckily I didn’t have to go the chargeback route. Hope that helps.
@CharSadehBeast
I agree with @Buzzkill361 , if you used your credit card or Paypal, alert them immediately and they should be able to resolve this for you.
Best of luck!

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer

Hello,

I'm sorry your experience was poor, however as you very well know I did provide a full refund for the cost of the grinder as well as the cost of express shipping. Your post is misleading and implies no refund was provided and that there was no communication between us. I responded to almost all of your condescending emails within 4 hours.

You placed an order on Jan 8th, you received the grinder on Jan 11th, and then I received the returned grinder on Sunday the 15h. Your refund was sent Jan 19th, only a couple days after receiving the grinder back.

You purchased the wrong grinder on accident and then sent me an email saying it was my website's fault as if a different grinder had been swapped in to your cart without your knowledge. You then condescendingly mocked me for getting your order express shipped out the next day, Monday morning, without seeing your email asking for refund. This part was my mistake, I admit. I should have checked my emails before getting your order out, but you ordered express shipping and I was in a rush to get it out in time. On Jan 9th, the next day, I apologized and offered a 15% discount on top of a refund.

I did not provide a refund for the $10 cost of return shipping. Generally I have no problem doing so, and I was planning to, but you were quite rude throughout the entire interaction and even threatened a chargeback because I had not refunded your money despite only a couple days having passed since the grinder was returned to me.

Ultimately I should have ignored your language and refunded you the $10 of return shipping (the amount you demanded). I'll accept that blame and I apologize. It's hard to dissociate the business from the person.

This post however is quite misleading, and borderline manipulative. It reads as if I stole $70 from you, received a returned grinder, and then never responded to your emails. The truth is this is all over $10 of return shipping.

I hope others on FC who read this response understand the situation more clearly. I don't want to argue, but I won't allow such a gross exaggeration of the truth to sit uncontested. If proof of refund is asked for, I will provide whatever proof is necessary to mods.

P.S. - The steel 1.8" weighs .67 lbs. Your post says you spent $14 out of pocket on shipping, and you demanded $10 in shipping fees through email, and yet I've never paid more than ~$5 to ship these first class mail. So really you're upset over $5 unless you decided to priority 2-day ship it.

Yeah, I apologize for this. For a while I had the email zamgrinders@zamgrinders.com which would redirect all emails to the zamgrinders@gmail.com. I didn't realize emails were getting "returned to sender" until it happened a couple times.

It should be fixed though. The current contact email is zamgrinders@gmail.com, If ever you are unable to contact me through email, please try my Instagram @zamgrinders, or simply contact me here on FC and I'll be sure to respond.

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Hello FC,

The V2 ZAM 1.1" will be available in about 2 weeks or so. Pictures + changes can be found on my website. Here. Some of the color combinations with the different insert colors look really nice. Please take a look.

Update in design includes:
  • Reduced size of perimeter teeth to improve pass-through in the grind chamber
  • Smoother glossy surface finish
  • More colors (blue, red, green, black, silver)
  • New teeth design. Bottom teeth are slightly pointed to help placing whole nugs into the grinding chamber.
  • New aluminum de-bowler & bucket inserts. Same colors as grinders will be available. PTFE will still be available for now.
  • New surface texture on lid. Size of surface texture reduced
  • Hole width reduced to improve grind consistency
  • Coarser kief screen to improve harvest yield
  • Stronger ring magnet
All products will be 20% off on launch day. Please join our email list here to be notified.

The 2.2" 4-piece full magnetic is still in development. Hopefully I'll have those available by the end of the year.

Thanks! Please let me know if you have any questions.

- Zach

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Hello FC,

I decided to open pre-orders. 20% off will be automatically applied to checkout. This includes all stainless steel grinders.

pocket-grinder-v2-11-203246_540x.jpg

Tmo107

Hello FC,

I decided to open pre-orders. 20% off will be automatically applied to checkout. This includes all stainless steel grinders.

This looks like the perfect pocket companion for my Dyna! I was too late to grab one of the originals so this is perfect timing for me. Preordered and I’m very excited to try it out!

sickmanfraud

Hello FC,

Is t

Is the 20% over? I just tried to check out and it did not offer me any discount?

sickmanfraud,

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
I closed the discount a little too early because I thought the last part I needed was arriving on the 14th. Turns out it's arriving early this week.

Here's a 20% discount that will be active until the day pre-orders go out, which should be early this week: Tuesday/Wednesday

Discount code is: ZAM20OFF

*If you purchased a ZAM 1.1" in the last couple days without the discount, please let me know and I'll refund you difference so the discount is applied.

Tmo107

I closed the discount a little too early because I thought the last part I needed was arriving on the 14th. Turns out it's arriving early this week.

Here's a 20% discount that will be active until the day pre-orders go out, which should be early this week: Tuesday/Wednesday

Discount code is: ZAM20OFF

*If you purchased a ZAM 1.1" in the last couple days without the discount, please let me know and I'll refund you difference so the discount is applied.
Any updates on when preorders are expected to ship?

Tmo107,

gingerbier

Space Ranger
Mine arrived Friday. The improvements were apparent quickly. I still use the first iteration for storage but had moved on from it as a grinder. It tended to clog with stickier bud, so it was easier to grind at home. The new Zam is greatly improved. Ground the stickiest bud I have without clogging up. It turns noticeably easier than the original. Seems a good bit tighter, too, which should keep bud from drying out.

It's a significant improvement over the original. I'll be carrying it on the go for a while and see how it holds up.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Mine arrived Friday. The improvements were apparent quickly. I still use the first iteration for storage but had moved on from it as a grinder. It tended to clog with stickier bud, so it was easier to grind at home. The new Zam is greatly improved. Ground the stickiest bud I have without clogging up. It turns noticeably easier than the original. Seems a good bit tighter, too, which should keep bud from drying out.

It's a significant improvement over the original. I'll be carrying it on the go for a while and see how it holds up.
I ended up using the original in the same way for the same reasons, might have to pick up one of these thanks for the review

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
New product releasing next month called the ZAM Stash Cann. Not sure on the name.

It's a 1.1" x 4" multi-section, air-tight container, that uses parts from the ZAM 1.1" pocket grinder — albeit with a few modifications to the cap to appeal to the stem-load vaporizer crowd (magnet + tamper).

Here's an early picture without the magnet and missing a section. I will have more pictures soon.

stash-cann-available-mid-august-2023-866940_540x.jpg

Features:
  • 4 air-tight sections that can fit 3 inserts.
  • Metal & Teflon de-bowler and bucket inserts available.
  • Strong diametric 17mm N52 de-capper cooling magnet built into the cap.
  • Filleted tamper underneath the cap
  • Modular design - combine sections in the order you want. Combines with ZAM 1.1" grinder.

I'm still undecided on whether I'll sell the base unit as 4 pieces (above picture), or with the additional section (a second separated container).

Price will be $30-$35 with free US shipping. Inserts available for additional price ($2.50). The new cap with the magnet and tamper will be available as an add-on to the 1.1" grinder at some point. Maybe immediately.

More info on the website:

VapeForHealth

Does anyone know why the teeth and holes are different in the 2.5" Stainless Steel model than the teeth and holes in the 1.8" & 2.1" models?

The teeth and holes in the 1.8" & 2.1" Stainless Steel models look much more efficient and in line with modern highly rated grinders, while the teeth and holes in the 2.5" model seem to be more of an older style grinder design.

I would like to see the 2.5" (or bigger) model of this grinder with the teeth and holes from the 1.8" and the 2.1" models. The 2.5" model is currently pretty heavily discounted, perhaps they are clearing inventory and plan to release a new version of the 2.5" model with the same teeth and holes as the rest of their Stainless Steel models? That would be nice!

Last edited:
VapeForHealth,

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
StashCann arrived today. The diametric magnets I ordered are acting odd so I need to send a couple stashes out to gather opinions on the magnet/overall design before I start selling. If you live in the US (preferably east coast), and regularly use a Dynavap, Anvil, Stunner, etc, please let me know if you'd like to test one of these out. Bonus points if you have multiples of these types of vaporizers so you can test with each.

Please only message me if you are willing to provide detailed feedback within a couple days of receiving the Stashcann. Must be an active user on FC. Giving away 5 or so. Thanks

More pictures on the website.

zam-stash-cann-container_540x.jpg

Does anyone know why the teeth and holes are different in the 2.5" Stainless Steel model than the teeth and holes in the 1.8" & 2.1" models?

The teeth and holes in the 1.8" & 2.1" Stainless Steel models look much more efficient and in line with modern highly rated grinders, while the teeth and holes in the 2.5" model seem to be more of an older style grinder design.

I would like to see the 2.5" (or bigger) model of this grinder with the teeth and holes from the 1.8" and the 2.1" models. The 2.5" model is currently pretty heavily discounted, perhaps they are clearing inventory and plan to release a new version of the 2.5" model with the same teeth and holes as the rest of their Stainless Steel models? That would be nice!

( I messaged you privately, but I thought others might have the same question, so I'm responding here as well. )

I agree with you. Originally there was some miscommunication which resulted in the wrong design being delivered. But people liked them, so I didn't want to switch things up. Compared to the 1.8" and 2.1", I figured having two different styles of teeth/holes would let people choose the style they preferred.

I'm planning to add a 3 inch stainless steel soon. I'll make sure it follows the same model as the 1.8" and 2.1".

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Almost ready! Here's a little teaser of what's to come. If you're thinking about buying a new grinder soon, I recommend waiting! :brow:

It's entirely magnetic. No threads. No annoying center posts. A deep dish 3-piece and a standard 4-piece version will be available.

It will be available in both anodized aluminum 6061 and stainless steel 304.

Jojofernz

Almost ready! Here's a little teaser of what's to come. If you're thinking about buying a new grinder soon, I recommend waiting! :brow:

It's entirely magnetic. No threads. No annoying center posts. A deep dish 3-piece and a standard 4-piece version will be available.

And of course I just bought a grinder haha, still interested to see about this!

RxPlorer

Cannot wait to see this! Sign me up!

RxPlorer,
Reactions: ZAM
Top Bottom