ZAM Grinder

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Killer. How deep and wide is the DV hole in the XL size?

~ 11mm diameter.

Depends on if you care about the spring action. If the DV going into the hole is not 109 mm in length, it will be either to short to protrude out or it might be too strong and will most likely overpower the magnets. A couple mm depression is a significant increase in spring strength.

If you feel like taking the spring out: 115mm total.

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Hello everyone,

I've been working on a new grinder that's at the point where I want to show-off the goods a little bit. Please check out this video for a demonstration of the magnetic closure. I don't show the grinding chamber because there's an improvement I'm considering filing a patent for and the teeth design is going to change anyway.

ZAM 2.2" Magnet Demonstration

Grinder Characteristics
  • Made from 6061 anodized aluminum
  • 4 piece - Kief screen section available
  • 2.2" wide, 9oz in weight.
  • Completely magnetic - no center posts throughout the entire grinder
  • Modular - pollen tray can become main container
  • Air-tight, water-tight, smell proof
  • Large lid surface area to grip + added surface texture for grip. (likely to change surface texture design)
  • Target price (currently): $60-$65 for 3 piece & $75-$80 for 4 piece

I apologize to those who have been waiting on the ZAM 1.1" grinders to come back in stock. Like much of the world I've run into supply chain issues, but I should have those available by the end of the month.

Please let me know what you think of the design! I'm always looking for improvements!

- Zach

Last edited:

fangorn

I can't seem to see the pictures but I'm sure the magnetic closure is a great idea!

For me, the closure was the small weak point ... It took longer than my other grinder.

Great that you innovate !!!

Good luck

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Hello everyone,

I've been working on a new grinder that's at the point where I want to show-off the goods a little bit. Please check out this video for a demonstration of the magnetic closure. I don't show the grinding chamber because there's an improvement I'm considering filing a patent for and the teeth design is going to change anyway.

ZAM 2.2" Magnet Demonstration

Grinder Characteristics
  • Made from 6061 anodized aluminum
  • 4 piece - Kief screen section available
  • 2.2" wide, 9oz in weight.
  • Completely magnetic - no center posts throughout the entire grinder
  • Modular - pollen tray can become main container
  • Air-tight, water-tight, smell proof
  • Large lid surface area to grip + added surface texture for grip. (likely to change surface texture design)
  • Target price (currently): $60-$65 for 3 piece & $75-$80 for 4 piece

I apologize to those who have been waiting on the ZAM 1.1" grinders to come back in stock. Like much of the world I've run into supply chain issues, but I should have those available by the end of the month.

Please let me know what you think of the design! I'm always looking for improvements!

- Zach
Looks dope bro, the logo could be a little smaller lol. It’s nice to see you continue to innovate

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I think putting a logo of sorts on the side of the lid would be pretty unique and might even give a little more grip although I think that's already pretty well covered in the design already

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Thank you! Yeah, the logo size will change, perhaps even the placement. I'm considering putting a MUCH smaller ZAM on the smooth side of the lid rather than the top.

Yeah, I would like that more. I am usually turned off by big logos displayed prominently. Hell, you could put a smaller logo on like three spots on that smooth side of the lid (or just two opposite sides), and I would like it better than the top. The symmetry might look good that way.

Thank you! Yeah, the logo size will change, perhaps even the placement. I'm considering putting a MUCH smaller ZAM on the smooth side of the lid rather than the top.
Would love to see some more artistic designs that "blends in" more. For example, the Dynavap logo mirrors the zig-zaggy patterned lines on the metal body. Mighty is kinda going for a retro/sci-fi thing and it looks like a 50s muffler or Buck Rogers' vape. Can't understate the importance of an aesthetically-satisfying logo

puzzleheadwillson,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I lost my Zam grinder for awhile (just the grinder part, cause it’s so small!) and last night I found it and put it straight to work!

I used it for small amounts of CBD and it really does put out some beautiful fluffy ground goodies.
And I love just pouring it directly from grinder into a small jar, no residue, no scoops, just an easy dump transfer. I don’t know what coating they use on the small reservoir but it really is kind of “non stick” which I love.

The one downside when I use the Zam, I need to use a toothpick to move the buds around so it can all go through the holes (especially at edges) It can get gummed up pretty quickly, even when brushing regularly.

I also wish the configuration could be such a way that it just has grinder and small bowl to catch it in. (I guess a shallow lid for top of grinder part would be answer - maybe it’s already available but the configuration I have doesn’t allow for it).
Yes, I would probably lose it even more often, but I like the tiny form factor for a quick grind on-the-go with no need for a debowler, stash reservoir, etc.

I know some (maybe even all) of my noted issues are being worked on, just wanted to put in my :2c:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I lost my Zam grinder for awhile (just the grinder part, cause it’s so small!) and last night I found it and put it straight to work!

I used it for small amounts of CBD and it really does put out some beautiful fluffy ground goodies.
And I love just pouring it directly from grinder into a small jar, no residue, no scoops, just an easy dump transfer. I don’t know what coating they use on the small reservoir but it really is kind of “non stick” which I love.

The one downside when I use the Zam, I need to use a toothpick to move the buds around so it can all go through the holes (especially at edges) It can get gummed up pretty quickly, even when brushing regularly.

I also wish the configuration could be such a way that it just has grinder and small bowl to catch it in. (I guess a shallow lid for top of grinder part would be answer - maybe it’s already available but the configuration I have doesn’t allow for it).
Yes, I would probably lose it even more often, but I like the tiny form factor for a quick grind on-the-go with no need for a debowler, stash reservoir, etc.

I know some (maybe even all) of my noted issues are being worked on, just wanted to put in my :2c:

Yeah there is a three-piece that does not have the larger chamber, that's the one I have, the herbs go directly into a tiny dish below (I think this is the kief dish if you have that set up) they should all be modular though, no? Toothpick definitely necessary!

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer

Yup, working on it! Drop-through holes were too deep and the perimeter spikes extended too far out creating an easy spot for material to build up. Next shipment will likely have these improvements implemented.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Yup, working on it! Drop-through holes were too deep and the perimeter spikes extended too far out creating an easy spot for material to build up. Next shipment will likely have these improvements implemented.
How is the bigger version coming

Sour Dream,
Reactions: ZAM

My_50p_worth

Could I set one of these up like a medtainer? Been looking for a metal alternative, just want a smell proof grinder/storage combo that’ll last a good while.

Don’t keep AVB or accessories on me, just a torch, vape and the good stuff plus grinder.

Would the modularity allow for this?

oldbay

Has anyone tried the new SS grinder yet? Noticed it was on sale, so I just ordered one to check it out. A little disappointed it doesn't use a ring magnet like the original ZAM, but looks interesting regardless.

Could I set one of these up like a medtainer? Been looking for a metal alternative, just want a smell proof grinder/storage combo that’ll last a good while.

Don’t keep AVB or accessories on me, just a torch, vape and the good stuff plus grinder.

Would the modularity allow for this?

The top half of the grinder is integrated into the upper storage chamber, so you can't make the top any smaller. The ZAM Mini removes the lower storage chamber so you're just grinding into a tiny dish. IMO the ZAM doesn't make much sense without the lower chamber + bucket. It's still very compact and pocketable.

For your purposes you could get a second PTFE bucket to store a different strain in the upper compartment, or just keep whole buds in there. Or ignore it.

Also note that in practice the ZAM seems reasonably smell-proof, but does not advertise itself as such and is probably not as airtight or smell-proof as something built for the purpose.

Top Bottom