• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ZAM Grinder

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Previous Thread: ZAM Grinder

Hello everyone! I like the new website, seems it was overdue.

Although I'm probably speaking to the same people, I just wanted to introduce myself and say a quick hello. My name is Zach and I'm the founder of ZAM Grinders - a portable cannabis grinder with a couple patent pending changes. Please take a look at my website and let me know if you have any questions! For those who have been following along...

I wanted to fill everyone in on the recent on-goings of ZAM Grinders. After my initial small order was well-liked, I had the obstacle of raising money for the next batch of inventory as well as IP legal fees. I got a nice Forbes article published: Forbes Article about ZAM Grinders, and from that I received some interest from individuals/angels/VC's who wanted to possibly invest. Unfortunately this was in the middle of Covid-19 and everything pretty much fell apart, again.

But one great company whom you've all heard of has taken an interest in the design and I'm set to close the deal this week. If I don't get things up and running, at least they will.

Honestly I'm just happy my design will be out there. Also with some additional funds from this deal and the email signups from the Forbes article, I'm confident I'll be in a position to finally order some inventory myself. Hurray!

- Zach

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
I wanted to fill everyone in on the recent on-goings of ZAM Grinders. After my initial small order was well-liked, I had the obstacle of raising money for the next batch of inventory as well as IP legal fees. I got a nice Forbes article published: Forbes Article about ZAM Grinders, and from that I received some interest from individuals/angels/VC's who wanted to possibly invest. Unfortunately this was in the middle of Covid-19 and everything pretty much fell apart, again.

But one great company whom you've all heard of has taken an interest in the design and I'm set to close the deal this week. If I don't get things up and running, at least they will.

Honestly I'm just happy my design will be out there. Also with some additional funds from this deal and the email signups from the Forbes article, I'm confident I'll be in a position to finally order some inventory myself. Hurray!

- Zach

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Nice job Zach!
Very cool to get that type of exposure through Forbes.

Are you licensing the design or continuing to sell the grinder under the ZAM name?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

- Zach

Glad to hear you're still above water. I know times have been hard on all small businesses recently.

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Grats, man! I'm so (selfishly) excited! I've wanted to buy a couple more of these in different colors!

rnartian,
Reactions: Ramahs

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC. Read more about it here.

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Hello everyone!

Time for a little update. So that deal I thought was soon to be completed has taken a lot longer than I'd hoped. I know attorneys are useful, but damn are they expensive. Between paying an attorney to help navigate the business deal, and paying another attorney to simultaneously work on the next stage of the patent process, I've been struggling to make due.

But attorney payments have been handled, the next stage of the patent process is complete, and everything is looking good! So long as there are no curve-balls, I really think I'll be in a position to finally get up and running with an order placed by the end of August. (knock on wood)

I also want to thank FC for all the encouraging messages and support. I can't describe how awesome it is to make something different and then for people to not only want one, but also provide genuine feedback on how to make it better. I've received so much help from a lot of people on this forum, It's a great community, thank you.

Till next time,

- Zach

WetWithSharp

So I was granted a purchase of a test unit, thanks to ZAMgrinders! I just wanted to give an impressions post on here for others who are interested.

I got the black one. It's incredibly sleek. Very classy looking. The magnet ring is a super nice touch. There's tons of compartments on this also, very modular. It feels very unique, it's very small...and would easily fit in your pocket. The actual act of grinding with it,....well it's almost like using a mini-black pepper grinder because it's such a similar form-factor. I look forward to showing this off to friends.

I would highly (no pun intended) recommend getting this grinder if you're on the fence. If anyone has any questions about it though, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Glatch

vailable to purchase
I still love mine!
It's part of my travel-kit.

How is your experience in getting the ground up herb out of the grinder and into a bowl to vape?
Do you use a scoop or tap it out with the grinder on its side or something? Getting the herb out in a easy way is the only thing holding me back from fully going for this grinder (when its available).

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
How is your experience in getting the ground up herb out of the grinder and into a bowl to vape?
Do you use a scoop or tap it out with the grinder on its side or something? Getting the herb out in a easy way is the only thing holding me back from fully going for this grinder (when its available).

I have done both. I prefer a scoop if I'm not loading a stem that can simply be vacuumed up, but I've also never had a problem shaking out a dose into my vapes when I'm out and about outside.

Ramahs,
Reactions: Jill NYC

ZAM

Grinder Maker
Manufacturer
Hello everyone!

It has taken me forever, but I'm happy to say I finally received some inventory! Nothings for sale yet, I still have two other shipments that will arrive this week, but I've received the first set of silver and everything looks and fits perfectly. I have made some changes to the design, nothing drastic. Mostly I fixed minute parts that had small issues. Here are the changes:

• New color - a nice shade of blue. It came out great. You'll like it.
  • The magnet has been made a little stronger
  • Changed aluminum graded to 6061 from 6063. 6061 is stronger
  • Reduced teeth length by 20%
  • Made the PTFE/Teflon pieces a little larger so the top tiny piece shouldn't fall out as easy
  • Reduced the depth of the drop-through holes so ground cannabis passes easier into the next chamber
  • Tightened the fit of the embedded steel ring. There was a small gap against the edge that annoyed me. It's beautifully flush now.
  • Random striations along the top threads has been fixed.
  • Random machine marks along the top teeth has been fixed.

I'll be sure to update some of the pictures and info on the website by the time they are for sale. I'm aiming for Feb 13th.

Please sign up to the email list on my website and follow my instagram @zamgrinders. I have no clue how quickly these will sell. I'm going to launch first to my email list which has a couple thousand people and then I'm blasting it to an Instagram account with 6 million followers. First come first serve. If I'm lucky enough to sell out my inventory, pre-sales will open which will be first come first serve as well.

There will be a limited supply of 30% off coupons. I'll leave an unlimited 15% off coupon which will be Fuckcombustion.com.

Please let me know if you have any questions! Thanks, 😎

- Zach

Top Bottom