XVape XLUX ROFFU

Petetbay

Of course, sitting at the very bottom of the steel chamber running at max temp this is kind of to be expected. Not sure how this could be fixed.
I use mesh screens top and bottom, I think a Argo screen to replace the top metal screen in the grommet and on the bottom a Solo/Air Max heavy mesh screen trimmed to fit, there are also 10mm basket screens that work good, no more orings.

vapefritz

@LesPlenty
Thanks for all the tips! Link for the o-rings is exactly what I needed. Do you happen to have a similar link for the silicon piece you use for the diy wpa? Also do you know where to buy replacement screens for the ones that come with the ovens? Looking for exactly that type.

From what I found Samsung INR18650-35E are 8A max, and besides that it seems like they have a print on them saying "Fire Hazard! Not for Vape! Never install, carry or handle!"... 😅 So I'll suck it up and pay a little extra for the Molicel like you recommended!

@Petetbay
Thanks will give it a try! Still got some mesh screens somewhere.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
LesPlenty,
Reactions: vapefritz

Shorner

Is it normal for the ovens to be loose?

Zero catch on the glass and metal, I’m enjoying the device so far tho
Mine did it as well, fell out and burnt my leg, it's a awful design and should never of been released like it, who wants a rubber o ring holding their burning hot oven in??? Not me!!!
I was promised a new unit and 4 months later still waiting and just get excuse after excuse from them to why it's not been delivered, apparently they were to ill to send me a tracking number,I was even told I shouldn't of bought a 1st edition :rofl:I have given up on the replacement and the company, absolute shambles if you ask me.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Mine did it as well
Different spot, the problem you speak of has been fixed, @vapefritz is talking about the loose oven disc that is in the roasting tube (see his picture below) that stops weed from hitting the top of the heater.
IMG-20230916-123225-568.jpg

LesPlenty,
Reactions: vapefritz

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Maybe it's all in my head but anyone else noticed they get darker roast more extraction with on-demand mode compared to session? I could swear on demand it's harder?

PutOneInTheAir,
Reactions: LesPlenty

PutOneInTheAir

It seals the top of the capsule to the bottom of the glass WPA if it is being used to improve flavour by removing the large silicone seal from the vapor path.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding right If you keep that grommet you could get rid of the large silicone piece that holds the wpa?

PutOneInTheAir,

Petetbay

Does anyone find the airflow restrictive besides me?
Are you using OG duckbill mp and spiral cooler? I found OG mp restrictive, the accessory wpa opens it up and you lose the spiral cooler. Using mesh screen in the outlet grommet helps a lot. I use mesh screens top and bottom.

Petetbay,

BlazeDis

Or the roffu capsules, which IMO are the best performing.
I didn’t know there were Roffu specific capsules just the Xmax V3 ones
I’ve heard the latter are slightly too big and may cause the mouthpiece to sit at an angle , is this right ?

Last edited:
BlazeDis,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
LesPlenty,
Reactions: Shrike

PutOneInTheAir

I can confidently say at least with my device on demand definitely delivers more power than session mode. I'm running metal chamber with a dosing capsule took out the screen for the chamber so the capsule just sits on the oven floor also removed the silicone screen up above near the cooling unit. Using On demand at max temperature My extraction is charcoal black like really riding the line similar to what you could do with a dynaVap disrespecting the click. I could pretty much extract a bowl in three hits. I haven't really messed with On demand until recently but I did a couple of tests and it definitely burns hotter.

A question I do have about on demand The first heat up it vibrates and then if I let it hang out for a while and it reheats up by pushing the button and no longer vibrates is that normal? Not a big deal at all just curious more than anything?

Thought I would share my findings for those that are looking for more of a conduction/fuller extraction.

As far as cleaning I know a lot of people use ISO and everything I haven't needed to do that except for the chamber honestly all the silicone in the mouthpiece I just use hot water and it comes out really clean one of my easier devices to clean besides my log vape

Petetbay

I can confidently say at least with my device on demand definitely delivers more power than session mode.
Yes agree, more heat is applied when heating up while in session temp is maintained by applying the least amount of heat while pulling on it to conserve power. On demand uses way more power from the battery because it’s always in heat up until temp is reached.
A question I do have about on demand The first heat up it vibrates and then if I let it hang out for a while and it reheats up by pushing the button and no longer vibrates is that normal?
My older version beeps always when temp is reached each time unless the temp hasn’t gone down much. My newer version beeps only the 1st pull even if I up the temp on repeated pulls.

PutOneInTheAir

Yes, that is normal.

I too have been enjoying the Roffu this way again lately. It's nice to swap things around to spice things up.:tup:
Thank you for the feedback and I agree this thing is pretty versatile, and real easy to switch between convection and conduction. Honestly I noticed a fair amount of difference just having the capsule sit on the floor compared to using the o-ring screen which I was always keeping in just for ease of use
Yes agree, more heat is applied when heating up while in session temp is maintained by applying the least amount of heat while pulling on it to conserve power. On demand uses way more power from the battery because it’s always in heat up until temp is reached.

My older version beeps always when temp is reached each time unless the temp hasn’t gone down much. My newer version beeps only the 1st pull even if I up the temp on repeated pulls.
Thank you for the feedback and you got a very valid point on why so much more heat is applied on demand compared to session. And I have noticed it definitely does use more power but I'm good with that actually I haven't really weighed out the differences but I know I'd no longer need a 3-minute session or more pretty nice to Bill take two fat ribs and cash a bowl if I take a third it's pretty spent tasting with lighter vapor

BlazeDis

Which do you prefer , the older or newer version for this ?
Have a Roffu en route do you have any tips for the best on demand routine please ?
I like the idea of cashing the bowl in 2/3 rips 😊

BlazeDis,

Petetbay

Which do you prefer , the older or newer version for this ?
I never use On Demand, I just ran a couple of bowls to remember how each worked, don’t think it really matters.
Have a Roffu en route do you have any tips for the best on demand routine please ?
I’m not the expert with On Demand.
I like the idea of cashing the bowl in 2/3 rips 😊
Les is the man on this, I’m again not the guy, need the wpa for sure and a water piece or j-hook helps. It usually takes about 5 hits for me.

Petetbay,

zeusjames

Also there could be more options for the session timer. 4 minutes would be perfect for me. 3 is too short, 6 is too long.

Some questions I still have: What is the cell the Roffu comes with? Can not find any info on it. Also, what kind of cell does the Roffu actually need, i.e. what does it draw?
I use three minute sessions. If I want more I just turn it back on for a second session while it is still warm. Sometimes I'll start the draw early which adds maybe 10+ seconds to the session. If I want four minutes I stop vaping one minute into the second session and either turn it off or just let the session expire on its own.

I don't worry about *wasting* battery life because I have eight spares and an eight bay battery charger. I have at least three different 18650 brands. I ran tests on them and didn't notice any significant differences. Heat up times and number of minutes in battery life were very similar. Even the life of the same battery varied with itself likely due to the way it was used. More puffs in a session likely results in more juice used in the same amount of time. If I wanted another 18650 I would go with a Molicel because I can get it at a good price and it is highly rated.

If I had a tiny gripe it would be five clicks to turn on or off. One click would be good for me. Also I would like to see a voltage reading just below the battery charge symbol. I don' like starting a session and having it shut off early. A voltage reading would be more precise and help me determine when best to change out the battery.

Owning a second Roffu also adds to my experience. One is usually loaded with fresh weed and the other ABV. I get to choose the weapon of choice combined with various vaping styles which makes this a very pleasant experience.

zeusjames,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Les is the man on this, I’m again not the guy, need the wpa for sure and a water piece or j-hook helps. It usually takes about 5 hits for me.
I can cash a loose/sprinkle-packed bowl in 1 or 2 puffs on a bong but it is a bit restrictive for my liking so I run 2up on a bong and take 3 or 4 puffs to empty the goodies of both.
I use a single on a J-Hook but pack a bit more so I have more of a sesh.
Either way, I use session mode as holding the button is not for me.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Madtater
Top Bottom