XVape XLUX ROFFU

yessir

For what it's worth mine clicks honestly pretty audibly. I noticed it immediately and my wife did too when not even using it/holding it herself. She asked me what the noise was.

On a more positive note about this vape is it doesn't smell basically at all compared to my pax or desktop vape. I moved to a place near a bunch of old folks with nothing better to do than be nosey. Being a bit more low-key lets me be a more respectful neighbor 😉.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Not all young folks are noisy, but almost all old folks are nosey.
When @RustyOldNail said "a bunch of young folks," that didn't mean or infer all young folks.
But you are making it an opportunity to be age-ist?
Folks' age has nothing to do with their noisy/nosey attributes.

My Roffu makes two kinds of clicks. I didn't dwell on this because I can only hear them with it held onto my ear or temple anyway.
I think one is the cycling of the heater on/off, which is pretty rapid. The actual noise, I suppose, is that PWM thingy.
The other click may have been related to the climbing temperature indicator, clicking as the numbers go up. That noise, regardless, did stop when set temp was reached, and I became bored; and let down because I hadn't loaded the vape...

Fun fact, the Grasshopper was so-named in part because of its' clicking.

Madtater

Fun fact….i was joking and poking a bit of age fun at myself.

Thanks for setting me straight though……i dont have any clicking st all with my roffu. No idea what clicking people are talking about.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Fun fact….i was joking and poking a bit of age fun at myself.

Thanks for setting me straight though……i dont have any clicking st all with my roffu. No idea what clicking people are talking about.
All in fun!
I look for chances to use the word "age-ist", I think it's funny all by itself!

I hadn't ever noticed Roffu clicking, until this recent discussion came up and I checked.

billyfitz

Anyone use the silicone sleeve for their Ruffu and finds it just slips off if you hold the top part? 🤷🏼‍♀️
I've found it gets that way, then I clean the sleeve inside with soap and water and it's grippy again. I think lint and dust from pockets gets in there and makes it slip off.

billyfitz,
Reactions: LesPlenty

JoeMama

No reason at all, as @Petetbay said the @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd (joda) owners get a few basket screens chucked in for something different.
Same as @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd, I do not even use a screen there as I mainly use my unit upside down on a j-hook,
c6-a48131-5-fbc-4-bfa-8378-5-ca426-d9-ec4-a-jpg.43082

Materials safety is discussed in another thread (forum rules) so it does not clog up here with info that lots of people already know and is not just specific to the Roffu (or any vape thread on FC).:tup:

LOL all this time I've been putting the screen in upside down

Reez79

Placed order for Roffu on xvapeusa and created account after. Got email with order number but when I created an account it doesn’t show my order on my account and now I’m concerned

Before I created the account I had called to ask questions about how long they take to ship after I placed the order. Afterwards I decided to create an account on xvapeusa. After creating the account my order show as blank even though I received the email for it. I tried to call xvapeusa back and now no one is answering the phone and now I’m worried

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I created an account it doesn’t show my order on my account and now I’m concerned
The sale will not show on your account as it was created after your purchase, if you are stressed at all, call the office again during business hours to get more reassurance if needed.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Placed order for Roffu on xvapeusa and created account after. Got email with order number but when I created an account it doesn’t show my order on my account and now I’m concerned

Before I created the account I had called to ask questions about how long they take to ship after I placed the order. Afterwards I decided to create an account on xvapeusa. After creating the account my order show as blank even though I received the email for it. I tried to call xvapeusa back and now no one is answering the phone and now I’m worried
Don't get too worried, they're very customer oriented....
XVapeUSA one of the best online companies I've ever dealt with. You have an email and an order number, you're good to go.
I've dealt with them two times regarding warranty issues; all done via email, and it was very easy working with them.

JoeMama

Doesn’t really matter which way, I find it easier to put the screen in the tube flat side 1st, but it cleans up easier flat side to the load. There’s no wrong way, just preference, the draw is the same either way. :2c:
lol ok good :)
Truthfully, I like it the way I've been doing it, because it acts like a little "cup"; I use just enough herb for a good single hit, and then tamp the Roffu heat screen down against the herb... the screen rim acts as a stop while the Roffu screen flattens the grind just right.

Shorner

Don't get too worried, they're very customer oriented....
XVapeUSA one of the best online companies I've ever dealt with. You have an email and an order number, you're good to go.
I've dealt with them two times regarding warranty issues; all done via email, and it was very easy working with them.
Don't know...I had a Roffu with a loose oven that kept falling out was told they were sending a replacement with new chamber style that was weeks ago....I have since gave the unit away as a scolding hot oven falling on ya leg ain't fun.shame as I enjoyed the vape alot.

Shorner,

Madtater

Don't know...I had a Roffu with a loose oven that kept falling out was told they were sending a replacement with new chamber style that was weeks ago....I have since gave the unit away as a scolding hot oven falling on ya leg ain't fun.shame as I enjoyed the vape alot.

Wait a second.

You had a roffu with a loose oven, didn’t want it to fall out and burn your leg, so your course of action was to “give it away” so someone else could possibly get burned?

That doesn’t sound very nice.

Madtater,

Shorner

Wait a second.

You had a roffu with a loose oven, didn’t want it to fall out and burn your leg, so your course of action was to “give it away” so someone else could possibly get burned?

That doesn’t sound very nice.
He knew the oven kept falling out if you had it on the wrong angle! I'm not going to give a mate a vape and not tell him that am i 🤣

LesPlenty

Company Rep
was told they were sending a replacement with new chamber style that was weeks ago
Not sending a replacement until you give Oz the Ashes Urn.:lol:
But seriously, now I know you have a problem I will chase it up for you...PM sent.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: cosimo

Pishorkata

The result of using the Roffu daily for about an year: :D

It's been holding up very well I'd say, I've dropped it few times but no major issues with it
The only decent upgrade I can think of is maybe an isolated air path for the next version of Roffu (in case we get one)

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
This Dab Cap is a game changer to get a good seal with my bubbler.
Not sure what happened to your photo, but I did see it yesterday and wondered what about the regular Roffu WPA is not working, not mounting on your bubbler?
Why do you need the dab cap?

Is the joint on your bubbler something other than standard 14mm scientific glass joint? Too wide?
If, by chance, it is interference from the Roffu glass mouthpiece tube, you could just remove it from the setup, so the black part of wpa can mate better with bubbler?

On the topic of bubbler, have you tried your glass dry, no water in it?
I think I still achieves the cooling, with less loss of flavor.

Top Bottom